PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Goddamned Sims

Ebolapox
12-04-2006, 09:26 AM
who do I blame this loss on? sure, there was trent green's end zone INT

there was no tackling done by anyone with an arrowhead on their helmet

the D as a whole regressed

but who do I blame?

the lack of pass rush, specifically ryan f*cking sims--when you're drafted sixth overall, you're supposed to provide at least a LITTLE push up the middle--with our defensive ends, a push up the middle turns them from non factors to gamebreakers--otherwise, they're doubled and taken out of games and we're forced to blitz linebackers and cornerbacks

if you look at dominating defenses in the past (ones that can tackle), they all have a front four that can get pressure on the QB--unfortunately for our good DE's, they have nobody in the middle to force double teams and free them up

so f*ck you, ryan sims

Brock
12-04-2006, 09:28 AM
You mean Sims isn't any good?

Hootie
12-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Eh...

Unless pass-rushing DT's grow on trees, we better get used to this shit.

CupidStunt
12-04-2006, 09:31 AM
1. Gun
2. Pass-rush
3. Horrible coverage ability of back seven defenders
4. Mental toughness of a doughnut

That would about sum it up IMO.

Ebolapox
12-04-2006, 09:31 AM
hindsight is a cool thing--

no, pass-rushing DT's don't grow on trees--but a f*cking corpse could provide more push up the middle than ryan 'jelly donut eating motherf*cker' sims

Hootie
12-04-2006, 09:32 AM
well, I wish we'd scrap the ****ing cover 2 until we get one of these pass-rushing DT's...either that or, stick AT LEAST one guy in each flat and tell them they aren't allowed to leave that 5 yard radius...

It's too the point where I'd rather see a team complete a 60 yard TD pass against us then see them eat 8 minutes off the clock with 8 yard dump pass after 8 yard dump pass...

HonestChieffan
12-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Come on Sims is fat.

ping2000
12-04-2006, 10:13 AM
At least Parcells had some sack and cut Vandergagt. Sims should have been cut a long time ago. These pieces of sh*t on the effense know they can play like crap and still get paid. I just wish it was legal to flog and kill Sims before cutting him. At the very least, the Chiefs should hire a guy to follow Sims around for the rest of his life and yell at him, "You are a suckass f**cking loser" every five minutes.

Hootie
12-04-2006, 10:14 AM
At least Parcells had some sack and cut Vandergagt. Sims should have been cut a long time ago. These pieces of sh*t on the effense know they can play like crap and still get paid. I just wish it was legal to flog and kill Sims before cutting him. At the very least, the Chiefs should hire a guy to follow Sims around for the rest of his life and yell at him, "You are a suckass f**cking loser" every five minutes.
there's a difference between cutting a kicker and a positional player...

Eleazar
12-04-2006, 10:26 AM
For one thing, we have the unique combination of mediocre starters at DT and no depth at the position.

Secondly, the problem gets compounded when you put Eric Hicks in the game. Hali is great but for whatever reason, the nagging hip issue or just the defense sticking with the rotation on the D-line, he's not in there every down. When Hicks is in the game you have 3 out of 4 people with no ability to get to the QB.

You know what? I don't really blame Ryan Sims. He just was never that good. Julius Peppers made him look good through college and the draft "experts" were just plain wrong about him. His attitude was never right - which IMO is half his fault and half the coaching staff's fault, because it's their job to instill that in players - but if you don't have the talent you just don't.

It's the front office's job to evaluate players in the draft and to put sufficient talent on the field to win, and we clearly do not have it on the defensive line and at linebacker when Derrick Johnson is out.

The front seven we had out there at times yesterday - Hicks/Williams/Sims/Allen/Bell/Mitchell/Fox might be the worst in football. We neglected the defensive front for a long time and now we're paying for it.

KC FRUSTRATED FAN
12-04-2006, 10:31 AM
I can't stand Ryan Simms,he has no heart and no desire to play this game with any passion.He would rather go out to Blonde or any other club and sit in Vip and act like he is something special.The reality is that they won't cut the fat out of shape no good s.o.b. because king carl drafted him so high,he won't swollow his pride and cut him.Football is about what have you done for me lately and he has never done anything.He has the opportunity of a lifetime to run out of that tunnel every sunday,and can't even prepare in the offseason,but we still pay him millions to eat twinky's and chase phat booty women.

HemiEd
12-04-2006, 10:37 AM
For one thing, we have the unique combination of mediocre starters at DT and no depth at the position.

Secondly, the problem gets compounded when you put Eric Hicks in the game. Hali is great but for whatever reason, the nagging hip issue or just the defense sticking with the rotation on the D-line, he's not in there every down. When Hicks is in the game you have 3 out of 4 people with no ability to get to the QB.

You know what? I don't really blame Ryan Sims. He just was never that good. Julius Peppers made him look good through college and the draft "experts" were just plain wrong about him. His attitude was never right - which IMO is half his fault and half the coaching staff's fault, because it's their job to instill that in players - but if you don't have the talent you just don't.

It's the front office's job to evaluate players in the draft and to put sufficient talent on the field to win, and we clearly do not have it on the defensive line and at linebacker when Derrick Johnson is out.

The front seven we had out there at times yesterday - Hicks/Williams/Sims/Allen/Bell/Mitchell/Fox might be the worst in football. We neglected the defensive front for a long time and now we're paying for it.

I agree with all of this except the neglecting of the Defensive line part. I think they spent an abnormal amount of high picks and busted on all of them. Eddie Freeman, Ryan Sims and Junior Siavii. If they would have only hit on one, they would have been fine. But 0 for 3 is a killer. Sims actually had a fairly decent year in 2003, but injuries since have been a factor. Obviously, Herm does not have the right strategy going with him or Dante IMO.

L.A. Chieffan
12-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Ryan Sims sucks. The world is round. 2+2=4. Broncos fans are ghey, yes yes.

Rain Man
12-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Okay, let's get this straight. I'm not defending Sims. I'm piling on him on a daily basis, just like everyone else.

However....

...the few plays where I noticed Sims' presence on the field, I noticed that he was being double-teamed on passing downs. Now, a reasonable person would say that was insane, because Allen and Hali were being single-blocked. Why would any team double-team Sims when there are good pass rushers on the field? I agree, but keep in mind that the Browns have very few McArthur grant winners on their coaching staff.

So would anyone with TiVo or something please check on this? How was Sims being blocked on passing downs?

Mr. Laz
12-04-2006, 11:06 AM
when Ryan Sims in on the field bad things happen.

the more he's on the field, the more bad happens.

i believe it was the shovel pass Cleveland had for a big gain when i saw Sims on the replay getting pushed 3 feet back off the line of scrimmage.

Not only did seems not get any penetration, but he actually got pushed down the field opening a huge hole.

the big hole forced the LB to have to cover 2 gaps .... the ball carrier beat our linebacker(Fox i think) and took it for a big gain.

now if Sims had just held his ground, Fox would of only had to fill 1 gap and we would of stop the shovel pass for little to no gain.

Sims is a huge pile of poop

and he wonders why he's not starting :shake:

CoMoChief
12-04-2006, 11:13 AM
And yet Sims complains about his playing time to the press.

You're a ****ing joke Sims. Do everyone a favor and save us all some time by throwing yourself off a cliff.

Eleazar
12-04-2006, 11:27 AM
I agree with all of this except the neglecting of the Defensive line part. I think they spent an abnormal amount of high picks and busted on all of them. Eddie Freeman, Ryan Sims and Junior Siavii. If they would have only hit on one, they would have been fine. But 0 for 3 is a killer.

I see what you're saying but I still think it's been neglected. We should have done something to address it through free agency or a trade.

I say that the position has been neglected because we have missed on draft picks, known full well that we missed on them, and still ran them out there hoping it would be good enough. All we've done is bring in bargain-basement free agents hoping they somehow turn themselves into Tommie Harris.

Mr. Laz
12-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Okay, let's get this straight. I'm not defending Sims. I'm piling on him on a daily basis, just like everyone else.

However....

...the few plays where I noticed Sims' presence on the field, I noticed that he was being double-teamed on passing downs. Now, a reasonable person would say that was insane, because Allen and Hali were being single-blocked. Why would any team double-team Sims when there are good pass rushers on the field? I agree, but keep in mind that the Browns have very few McArthur grant winners on their coaching staff.

So would anyone with TiVo or something please check on this? How was Sims being blocked on passing downs?
i don't know if i have the strength to watch the game again, Mr. Rainman.

everytime i watch the Chiefs lose i'm afraid it takes away a small piece of my soul. :(

HemiEd
12-04-2006, 11:42 AM
I see what you're saying but I still think it's been neglected. We should have done something to address it through free agency or a trade.

I say that the position has been neglected because we have missed on draft picks, known full well that we missed on them, and still ran them out there hoping it would be good enough. All we've done is bring in bargain-basement free agents hoping they somehow turn themselves into Tommie Harris.

I can not disagree with that, I wonder who they could have gotten. I know that high profile guy (name is escaping me) that Indy signed turned out to have some sort of career ending ailment.

Baby Lee
12-04-2006, 11:46 AM
The profoundly angering aspect is, for all the time we've had middling 1st round picks, we finally go big at 6 and end up with a tub of goo.

Calcountry
12-04-2006, 04:56 PM
hindsight is a cool thing--

no, pass-rushing DT's don't grow on trees--but a f*cking corpse could provide more push up the middle than ryan 'jelly donut eating motherf*cker' simsR Lee Ermey to the rescue.

Setting: Chiefs locker room.

Coach Herm goes by and notices Sims locker ajar.

Herm: J*sus H. Ch*ist! WTF is that?

Lifts up a Jelly Donut.

WTF is that Ryan Sims?

A Jelly Donut?

buddha
12-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Cutting a position player may not happen very often, but there's no reason it can't at this point. While DTs don't grow on trees, there are free agents out there who would cost MUCH less and be no less effective. Seriously...what are we worried about? He'll end up on another team and we'll suddenly see what a good thing we had?

Bwahahahahaha!

siberian khatru
12-04-2006, 05:07 PM
The profoundly angering aspect is, for all the time we've had middling 1st round picks, we finally go big at 6 and end up with a tub of goo.

That's why I don't particularly subscribe to the "let's lose the rest of our games and improve our draft position" strategy.

CoMoChief
12-04-2006, 05:09 PM
R Lee Ermey to the rescue.

Setting: Chiefs locker room.

Coach Herm goes by and notices Sims locker ajar.

Herm: J*sus H. Ch*ist! WTF is that?

Lifts up a Jelly Donut.

WTF is that Ryan Sims?

A Jelly Donut?

Shit we need that kinda motivation on defense. He needs to travel with us on road games.

Gunther needs to go back to old scream cuss and yell Gunther. Calling players faggots and questioning their manhood.

trndobrd
12-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Cutting a position player may not happen very often, but there's no reason it can't at this point. While DTs don't grow on trees, there are free agents out there who would cost MUCH less and be no less effective. Seriously...what are we worried about? He'll end up on another team and we'll suddenly see what a good thing we had?

Bwahahahahaha!

We actually got some decent play out of Edwards and Reed for a fraction of the cost of having cRyan Sims on the bench.

If we could cut cRyan Sims and pick up another servicable DT during the off season I think we would dramatically improve.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2006, 05:30 PM
I'd settle for having him drawn and quartered.

KcMizzou
12-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Someone on 810 last night said Sims is the 13th highest paid player at his postion in the NFL.

Crazy. :shake:

TinyEvel
12-04-2006, 07:09 PM
I think the loss was a perfect balanced diet of Chiefs' suckage.
I cannot blame any one element (though 14 points in the 4th quarter by the league's worst offense sure points a huge finger at the D)
But you also had the two turnovers. The one critical drop by Bigfoot, the not getting out of bounds/timeout non-calling that ended regulation, the WTF play calling on the first drive of overtime. Had any of those things picked up the D slack and it would have been 31-28 in our favor.
A three-act tragedy of Shakespearian proportions. Alas, poor Chiefs, I knew them well.

Ebolapox
12-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Shit we need that kinda motivation on defense. He needs to travel with us on road games.

Gunther needs to go back to old scream cuss and yell Gunther. Calling players pillowbiters and questioning their manhood.

hell, I have a great uncle who was a marine drill 'instructor' in nam' after his two tours of duty were up--he's getting up there in years, but still runs his five miles every morning at 5am--he's quite the character (he reminds me of R. Lee ermey)

Eleazar
12-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Someone on 810 last night said Sims is the 13th highest paid player at his postion in the NFL.

Crazy. :shake:

Sucks, but not hard to imagine given that he was a #6 overall and that's probably his rookie contract number.

ChiefsLV
12-04-2006, 07:56 PM

However....

Because when we go on the road, our defensive ends turn into Eric Hicks clones.

Davechief
12-04-2006, 08:01 PM
I can remember a couple of plays yesterday where Simms was simply planted on his ass by the opposing lineman. This is disturbing considering that Cleveland's line is one of the worst in the league (yesterdays game excluded of course)

Calcountry
12-04-2006, 08:04 PM
I think the loss was a perfect balanced diet of Chiefs' suckage.
I cannot blame any one element (though 14 points in the 4th quarter by the league's worst offense sure points a huge finger at the D)
But you also had the two turnovers. The one critical drop by Bigfoot, the not getting out of bounds/timeout non-calling that ended regulation, the WTF play calling on the first drive of overtime. Had any of those things picked up the D slack and it would have been 31-28 in our favor.
A three-act tragedy of Shakespearian proportions. Alas, poor Chiefs, I knew them well."Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."