PDA

View Full Version : Brian Wilson

Ebolapox
12-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Any beach boy members have an update on BW's condition. As much as I dislike the beach boys, it brings the violence of the insane genius in sharp focus.

Hope he recovers so I continue to hate him.

Oh, and by the way, Planet members please do not offer any sophomoric comments about this injury.

:spock:

Dartgod
12-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm too lazy to Google it. What happened?

Ebolapox
12-04-2006, 02:29 PM
eh, just another parody thread--it is a parody of the al wilson thread

StcChief
12-04-2006, 02:34 PM
he made an LP a few years back 'Smile'....wasn't bad.

KCJohnny
12-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Brian Wilson is a national treasure. Sad that you choose to mock him.
KCJ
#1 Brian Wilson Fan

KCJohnny
12-04-2006, 11:36 PM
he made an LP a few years back 'Smile'....wasn't bad.

Wasn't bad??????
How about one of the greatest rock albums of ALL TIME???

FAX
12-04-2006, 11:45 PM
KCJ
#1 Brian Wilson Fan

I love that guy. Crazy as a loon, but amazingly talented.

The modern day, suburban Southern California, van Gogh of pop.

FAX

Archie F. Swin
12-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Paul McCarthy is to Brian Wilson what
Tony Gonzales is to Kris Wilson

CoMoChief
12-04-2006, 11:53 PM
What ever happened to the great vocals of Peter Cetera?!?!

FAX
12-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Paul McCarthy is to Brian Wilson what
Tony Gonzales is to Kris Wilson

Funny. When I was in LA, I heard a story, Mr. Archie F. Swin, (I can't verify the validity of it) that recounted that, when the Beach Boys had finished one of their albums and were awaiting release, the Beatles released Sgt. Pepper's. Wilson heard it and went into a depression that lasted months because the Beatles had taken rock & roll to a completely new level. And, he (Wilson) thought he had.

Paul may well have been responsible for many of Brian's mental issues.

FAX

boogblaster
12-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Used to know a guy, hes dead now, he grew up with Brian, partied with him and Charlie Manson...

Archie F. Swin
12-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Funny. When I was in LA, I heard a story, Mr. Archie F. Swin, (I can't verify the validity of it) that recounted that, when the Beach Boys had finished one of their albums...

Pet Sounds

FAX
12-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Pet Sounds

I'm sure you're right. Was "Wouldn't It Be Nice" one of the cuts?

FAX

Archie F. Swin
12-05-2006, 12:14 AM
I'm sure you're right. Was "Wouldn't It Be Nice" one of the cuts?

FAX
looks that way
Pet Sounds (http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Sounds-Beach-Boys/dp/B00005ASHM/sr=8-1/qid=1165299129/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-7958685-3215114?ie=UTF8&s=music)

FAX
12-05-2006, 12:16 AM
looks that way
Pet Sounds (http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Sounds-Beach-Boys/dp/B00005ASHM/sr=8-1/qid=1165299129/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-7958685-3215114?ie=UTF8&s=music)

That would be it then. Mid '60s release.

I wonder if the story is true.

FAX

Archie F. Swin
12-05-2006, 12:28 AM
I sure would like to see Herm's grille "in" your avatar again, Mr. FAX

FAX
12-05-2006, 12:30 AM
I sure would like to see Herm's grille "in" your avatar again, Mr. FAX

Getting tired of Jimi's mug?

I have Hermi Hendrix around somewhere. I'll try and find him, Mr. Archie F. Swin.

FAX

Phobia
12-05-2006, 12:32 AM
KCJ
#1 Brian Wilson Fan

I've never heard of him. Is he a Gunther Cunningham clone?

Ebolapox
12-05-2006, 11:10 AM
KCJ
#1 Brian Wilson Fan

you are, by far, the dumbest, most assinine, most retarded person who posts on the planet

Saulbadguy
12-05-2006, 11:12 AM
I've never heard of him. Is he a Gunther Cunningham clone?
He's gay.

Baby Lee
12-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Funny. When I was in LA, I heard a story, Mr. Archie F. Swin, (I can't verify the validity of it) that recounted that, when the Beach Boys had finished one of their albums and were awaiting release, the Beatles released Sgt. Pepper's. Wilson heard it and went into a depression that lasted months because the Beatles had taken rock & roll to a completely new level. And, he (Wilson) thought he had.

Paul may well have been responsible for many of Brian's mental issues.

FAX
From my recollection, it was the release of 'Rubber Soul,' not 'Sgt. Pepper' that Wilson was obsessed with.
And he crafted 'Pet Sounds' in response to hearing 'Rubber Soul.'
He didn't release 'Pet Sounds,' then hear a Beatles album that depressed him with it's orginality.
However, there is anecdotal evidence that 'Pet Sounds' in turn inspired the subsequent development of 'St. Pepper.' So maybe that's where you got the notion.

FAX
12-05-2006, 11:23 AM
From my recollection, it was the release of 'Rubber Soul,' not 'Sgt. Pepper' that Wilson was obsessed with.
He didn't release 'Pet Sounds,' then hear a Beatles album that depressed him with it's orginality.

That makes sense. Actually, the more I think about it, the more that story seems bogus, Mr. Baby Lee.

I haven't looked it up, but as I ponder this nutty myth, I think Pet Sounds was probably released prior to Sgt. Pepper's. Maybe it was Roger McGuinn that drove him over the edge with those spooky little glasses.

EDIT: However, there is anecdotal evidence that 'Pet Sounds' in turn inspired the subsequent development of 'St. Pepper.' So maybe that's where you got the notion.

Missed this part, Mr. Baby Lee. I think you're right. As for the notion, I got it from a drunken musician, so there you go. I always liked the story, though.

FAX

Dartgod
12-05-2006, 11:51 AM
KCJ
#1 Brian Wilson Fan
Heh. You've been here long enough to know that NO ONE is exempt from ridicule.

siberian khatru
12-05-2006, 11:55 AM
However, there is anecdotal evidence that 'Pet Sounds' in turn inspired the subsequent development of 'St. Pepper.' So maybe that's where you got the notion.

Funny, I had this exact same discussion with someone in the office yesterday. I made the same points as you, so take that any way you want.

PastorMikH
12-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Brian Wilson was awesome. Every song he wrote was better than any of Lennon's. Hate to hear that a great song writer is gone. RIP Brian Wilson.

(Pssst, any chance of him getting cleared to and put back on the active roster before the playoffs? It would be great to have him and the rest of the Beach Boys playing for a half-time show.)

Baby Lee
12-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Wasn't bad??????
How about one of the greatest rock albums of ALL TIME???
Gotta disagree. I'm a HUGE fan of Pet Sounds, and bought Smile on faith in BW. It's just too much. Too many harmonies. Too intricate. It's the musical equivalent of the Baroque style. It has it's moments of beauty, but overall it's fatiguing. And it's not rock, it's pop.

http://www.shunya.net/Pictures/Spain/Granada/Baroque-altar.jpg

Ebolapox
12-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Brian Wilson was awesome. Every song he wrote was better than any of Lennon's. Hate to hear that a great song writer is gone. RIP Brian Wilson.

(Pssst, any chance of him getting cleared to and put back on the active roster before the playoffs? It would be great to have him and the rest of the Beach Boys playing for a half-time show.)

alright--see, this is where parody threads go awry--

hate to have led you astray, pastor, but brian wilson is just fine as far as I know--this thread was a parody thread in response to the al wilson thread (now off of front page) with exactly the same sentences/structure except 'brian' replaces 'al' in the thread starter, and certain words changed to more accurately reflect 'beach boys' instead of 'broncos'

FAX
12-05-2006, 12:06 PM
So ...

What did happen to him?

FAX

PastorMikH
12-05-2006, 12:10 PM
alright--see, this is where parody threads go awry--

hate to have led you astray, pastor, but brian wilson is just fine as far as I know--this thread was a parody thread in response to the al wilson thread (now off of front page) with exactly the same sentences/structure except 'brian' replaces 'al' in the thread starter, and certain words changed to more accurately reflect 'beach boys' instead of 'broncos'

Uhm, I got it, I guess you didn't get the parody of my post.

(I guess I'm getting too old to be subtly funny anymore):sulk:

Phobia
12-05-2006, 12:19 PM

Uhm, I got it, I guess you didn't get the parody of my post.

(I guess I'm getting too old to be subtly funny anymore):sulk:

No, I understood your version better than the original. This H5N dork thinks he's the only one who can do a parody.

PastorMikH
12-05-2006, 12:20 PM
No, I understood your version better than the original. This H5N dork thinks he's the only one who can do a parody.

Which means I either haven't lost my edge, or you're getting older too and we are at the same level.

:)

Phobia
12-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Heh. Don't drag me down with you. I'm still a young man in my prime. Hopefully H5N's prime is yet to come.

Ebolapox
12-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Heh. Don't drag me down with you. I'm still a young man in my prime. Hopefully H5N's prime is yet to come.

heh--I'm no fogie yet, kpedophile :p