PDA

View Full Version : Darling I Love You, Make Meth on Park Avenue

gblowfish
12-04-2006, 07:33 PM
He's a banker, a yuppie, has a six figure salary, and...
COOKS HIS OWN METH in his NYC Penthouse.
What a nutty story:

By TODD VENEZIA, ERIKA MARTINEZ and STEFANIE COHEN

December 1, 2006 -- The trailer-park drug known as "hillbilly crack" has been putting on the Ritz lately - as federal drug agents uncovered a crystal-meth lab inside the $6,000-a-month Manhattan penthouse of a bank executive, authorities said yesterday.

Michael Knibb, an information-technology vice president at Citigroup, ran the sophisticated drug operation from the living room of his luxury apartment overlooking the United Nations, said Drug Enforcement Administration officials.

The 37-year-old Knibb - who makes an estimated $250,000 a year - allegedly told authorities that he had decided to make his own methamphetamines because he could not find a reliable drug dealer after moving to New York from Seattle two years ago.

Knibb was one of 10 alleged do-it-yourself drug makers busted this week as part of a federal anti-meth sweep dubbed Operation Red Fusion.

Yesterday was National Methamphetamine Awareness Day.

The arrests were made after each of the suspects allegedly bought meth-making chemicals from the same Internet sites.

None of the suspects were major dealers, and most just made enough for their own use, according to the DEA.

Knibb wasn't the only suspect whose profile didn't fit the image of the typical meth producer.

Another suspect is Mehmetcan Dosemeci, a Columbia University doctoral student, who told cops he mixed and used the stimulant to boost his studying, officials said.

Dosemeci, a native of Turkey, is a Fulbright scholar and a graduate instructor at the school.

He was busted after he allegedly made the boneheaded mistake of going online to get one of the prime meth ingredients, iodine crystals, and having it sent to his Manhattan Avenue apartment.

DEA agents raided his home in October. The history student might have also gone far in chemistry, since DEA officials said the 1.3 grams of meth they found had a purity of 98 percent.

"It's just not as it seems at the moment. It's a big misunderstanding," Dosemeci said at his apartment yesterday.

He and Knibb were free on $150,000 bail.

Agents described Knibb's operation as "sophisticated" for a small-time meth lab. He allegedly used heating elements from lava lamps to cook up the drug. The DEA said they found 7 grams of meth, refined to 92 percent purity, in his apartment.

"To find a meth lab . . . in a penthouse in New York City is shocking, as well a frightening," said John Gilbride, special agent in charge of the Manhattan DEA office.

Knibb was busted in June after allegedly buying red phosphorus online. The controlled substance is a prime meth ingredient. According to residency records, he returned to Seattle in July of his year and stayed in a drug-treatment center. He could not be reached for comment.

Cops also busted Nicholaos Georgopoulos, 29, and Allen Jasovsky, 56, both of whom allegedly brewed meth at a Manhattan Potamkin car dealership on 11th Avenue, where they worked as mechanics. One of the men would keep a lookout, while the other would mix the drug for their own use, the DEA said. Georgopoulos said he had done the drug for only a couple of years - sucked in by Jasovsky, a 30-year addict.

"It doesn't mean I'm a bad guy, I just have a problem. I don't want to hurt anyone else, I've hurt myself enough," Georgopoulos said from his home in Astoria, Queens.

He said drug use was rampant at the dealership, and that they would cook the drugs behind the opened hoods of cars while they were supposed to be working.

In Ridge, L.I., agents arrested Christopher Bigoness, who allegedly had a mobile meth lab in his pickup truck. In addition to the meth, he allegedly was growing "magic mushroom" in his parents' home.

His efforts to grow the hallucinogenic fungi, however, caused him to inhale mold spores and sickened him.

Knibb, Dosemeci, Bigoness, Jasovsky, Georgopoulos and three other suspects face 20 years in prison, while two others face 10 years.

kcxiv
12-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Well, that shit makes you go 24/7 so you can get alot accomplished, but in the end, it accomplishes you.

Frazod
12-04-2006, 09:02 PM
$250K ain't shit in Manhattan. He was just trying to supplement his income. :D

carter08
12-04-2006, 09:03 PM
If i had his money i would hire someone to make meth for me

gblowfish
12-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Picture's worth a thousand words.
Not for the squeamish:
http://tinyurl.com/yg4c2l

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Not for the squeamish:

WOW.....

It'd be way too easy to make a joke about a couple of KC suburbs, but I won't offend anyone here.....

I'll stick to STL and the fine folks of Jefferson County......

mikey23545
12-04-2006, 09:32 PM
It never ceases to amaze me what some morons will do to themselves for a high....

Stick a gun in their mouths and do them a favor.

Halfcan
12-04-2006, 10:26 PM
wow that is very sad

DanT
12-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Sad stories. I hope these guys can overcome their addictions.

boogblaster
12-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Seen meth destroy lots of people..good folks too..just can't kick it after they get started....

chagrin
12-05-2006, 06:20 AM
Not for the squeamish:

Dude... :shake:

ZepSinger
12-05-2006, 07:29 AM
This has to be one of the funniest thread titles in CP history... ROFL

The subject matter is pretty sobering, but the title is great.

Z

Kraut
12-05-2006, 08:32 AM
you aint kidding. penthouse apartment in Manhattan for what...6,000 is nothing. This is becoming a huge problem in NY. But these guys are nuts to do it in a confined location like an apartment in NYC. :shake:

Radar Chief
12-05-2006, 09:07 AM
you aint kidding. penthouse apartment in Manhattan for what...6,000 is nothing. This is becoming a huge problem in NY. But these guys are nuts to do it in a confined location like an apartment in NYC. :shake:

Yea, they have to boil Anhydrous Ammonium to cook up their high, the same stuff McVay used to create the OKC bomb. And they’re BOILING it! :shake:

patteeu
12-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Are these DEA busts taking place on the strength of such things as buying iodine crystals over the internet alone? Is it illegal to buy iodine crystals? I would think it would take a little bit more to constitute probable cause here. Maybe the article is leaving some investigative work out of the story or something.

Not that I'd want a meth lab in the penthouse apartment directly above me or anything.

Redrum_69
12-05-2006, 11:24 AM
WOW.....

It'd be way too easy to make a joke about a couple of KC suburbs, but I won't offend anyone here.....

I'll stick to STL and the fine folks of Jefferson County......

Lets see...Independence....raytown...ALL OF WYANDOTTE....independence.....did I say independence yet?

Bob Dole
12-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Sad stories. I hope these guys can overcome their addictions.

They ought to be able to overcome it while they pick up new skills while serving a 10 year sentence for trying to eliminate themselves from the gene pool.

ChiefFripp
12-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Haven't these bastards heard of caffeine?

KC-TBB
12-05-2006, 02:25 PM
geeeez...i drink to much coke after 6pm and can't sleep sometimes...I can't imagine sticking that stuff in me...i wouldnt sleep for a month.

L.A. Chieffan
12-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Wow. I match that dude's age, income and mortgage demographic EXCACTLY.
Good thing I'm only addicted to Coke.
HAHA, can you make that in your house too?
Oh, BTW what's your email address? :)

aloha357
03-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Yea, they have to boil Anhydrous Ammonium to cook up their high, the same stuff McVay used to create the OKC bomb. And they’re BOILING it! :shake:

Dude, I don't use Anhydrous Ammonium at all. It's way too dangerous! :evil:

Nick G

Bump
03-29-2011, 06:49 PM
I know people who love meth, prefer it over coke or crack. Weirdos

L.A. Chieffan
03-29-2011, 07:04 PM
I get my shit from Heisenberg

Frazod
03-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Dude, I don't use Anhydrous Ammonium at all. It's way too dangerous! :evil:

Nick G

So, with your first post, you bump a four year old thread about meth?

I expect great things from you. :D

58-4ever
03-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Are these DEA busts taking place on the strength of such things as buying iodine crystals over the internet alone? Is it illegal to buy iodine crystals? I would think it would take a little bit more to constitute probable cause here. Maybe the article is leaving some investigative work out of the story or something.

Not that I'd want a meth lab in the penthouse apartment directly above me or anything.

My thoughts exactly. Where did these warrants come from?

Bwana
03-29-2011, 07:55 PM

Heh, my thoughts exactly. LMAO

NewChief
03-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Hah. Didn't see this was 4 years old. That being said: haven't these guys ever heard of Adderall?

Gonzo
03-29-2011, 08:25 PM

Really... I mean, wtf? Can you say Mult, boys and girls?
Posted via Mobile Device

bowener
03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Hah. Didn't see this was 4 years old. That being said: haven't these guys ever heard of Adderall?

I take it daily. Not even on the same planet as Meth. Hell, possibly a different solar system or galaxy.

KCwolf
03-29-2011, 08:54 PM
I get my shit from Heisenberg

When the Hell is this coming back!! Missing it like Meth!!

Bump
03-29-2011, 08:55 PM
I take it daily. Not even on the same planet as Meth. Hell, possibly a different solar system or galaxy.

never done meth, but adderal is a helluva drug.

bowener
03-29-2011, 08:56 PM
never done meth, but adderal is a helluva drug.

The first few times, but then your tolerance is pretty high. Never done meth either, but been around people on it... no way adderall comes close to that filthy shit.

NewChief
03-29-2011, 09:03 PM

I've taken both. It's very, very similar. Adderall is amphetamine/ dextroamphetamine. Meth (in controlled doses) would probably work remarkably similar to adderall for you, but there's no reason to do meth if you have an addreall scrip. People, who have ADD/ADHD, tend to be mellowed out and focused by amphetamines. People who don't suffer from the condition tend to get hyper and rush under the influences of amphetamines. That's why adderall is popular as hell as a party drug and lots of people with addy scrips sell their pills. They don't enjoy them, but other people sure as hell do.

bowener
03-29-2011, 10:41 PM
I've taken both. It's very, very similar. Adderall is amphetamine/ dextroamphetamine. Meth (in controlled doses) would probably work remarkably similar to adderall for you, but there's no reason to do meth if you have an addreall scrip. People, who have ADD/ADHD, tend to be mellowed out and focused by amphetamines. People who don't suffer from the condition tend to get hyper and rush under the influences of amphetamines. That's why adderall is popular as hell as a party drug and lots of people with addy scrips sell their pills. They don't enjoy them, but other people sure as hell do.

I am aware of all of this. I am just saying that, in all my observations, I have never witnessed a person chew up their tongue because they did too much adderall, nor have they ever proceeded to punch through 30 feet of dry wall either.

Cocaine, a hell of a drug, definitely has a zing to it that adderall has never given me.

And, yes, people love to try and ask me to sell them my pills, but fuck them. I need that shit to make sense of my daily interactions with the world.

Pst, hey, man. You wanna buy some pills?

bowener
03-29-2011, 10:42 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6EefPcht54c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WV
03-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Have a friend in law enforcement, they just did a controlled buy of 1lb of Meth for 30k! I had no idea that stuff was so lucrative.

Oh and it's not so big a problem in my part of WV, but in the southern part of the state Meth is a pretty big problem.

Phobia
03-30-2011, 12:02 AM

He claims to be "Nick G" which is one of the guys arrested according to the original article. Maybe he's googling himself.

Phobia
03-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Yeah, makes sense because this thread is #3 when you google "Nicholaos Georgopoulos meth"

LiveSteam
03-30-2011, 12:07 AM
Been clean since 1997
It took a little over 6 months to turn my world up side down.
No treatment. Just woke up & said enough is enough. The peeps Im running with are all losers. My life long friends dont wanna a god dam thing to do with me. I weigh a 148lbs. I should weigh 195 to 205lbs. I look like shit. My head is to big for my body. This aint the life for me. Never shot it or any other drug. Never snorted it. I smoked the shit out of it for 6 months. NASTY NASTY F-ING DRUG!

Phobia
03-30-2011, 12:09 AM
I weigh a 148lbs. I should weigh 195 to 205lbs. I look like shit. My head is to big for my body.

So, what you're saying is that it's a viable weight loss solution?

LiveSteam
03-30-2011, 12:12 AM

Ya its all that & then some .

CrazyPhuD
03-30-2011, 12:17 AM

actually any stimulants are. It's one of the nice things about them. It's just that whole addiction thing usually kills people, get on meth, speed, coke, do enough and you'll be up for days full of energy with no desire to eat.

kcxiv
03-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Ya its all that & then some .

weight loss, tooth loss, family loss and just about everything else. lol

I been there done that, with meth and coke, buti never got into it really bad, once i felt like i kept needing it, i backed the fuck away. My nose has never been the same sense. lol My best friend growing up used to do it, and i would do it with him, i always told him, bitch your the reason why my nose never been the same. haha. I was just fuckign with him.

Him and I dont do them hard drugs anymore. Glad i realized it, before it got out of hand.

aloha357
07-26-2012, 12:54 AM

Yeah I waited a few years to see what you herbs have to say about my actions and y'all are too funny.

Here goes my 2nd post.... My actions were so great that my story made it countrywide and helped create National Methamphetamine Awareness Day. Maybe through my actions people will learn what not to do OR maybe they'll learn how to do it better than me, cause it's all about chemistry...

Btw, luv that show Breaking Bad... like a chapter out of my life. Nicely done! Funny fact, the actors birthday is March 7th and mine is the 5th. Finally a show I can relate too..lol. Couldn't have picked a better person!:thumb:

So what greatness have y'all achieved besides talking dumb shit on a bulletin board. :hmmm:

I'll be checking in on y'all every few years to see whose grown up.

P.s. Adderall is for pussies! Say nope to dope! :Peace:

Phobia
07-26-2012, 01:30 AM
So what greatness have y'all achieved besides talking dumb shit on a bulletin board. :hmmm:

I once played Tecmo Bowl for 48 hours straight and ended up with 1/4" callouses on my thumbs.

Bowser
07-26-2012, 02:22 AM
What is this I don't even

Bowser
07-26-2012, 02:23 AM
This aloha guy just got out of the joint, and he's been dying to reply to this thread for the last year and a half?

Otter
07-26-2012, 03:32 AM

I'm disappointed in this reply.

listopencil
07-26-2012, 04:07 AM
I know I feel safer.

I sent that pic to Endelt, the one he used for his sig. He lent me a copy of "The Lap Dance Is Always Better When The Stripper's Crying." Good times.

Predarat
07-26-2012, 06:56 AM
Double post bump, reported.
Twice.

Frazod
07-26-2012, 08:48 AM

Well, not much, honestly, but I wasn't getting assraped in prison, so there is that.

Rain Man
07-26-2012, 09:37 AM
I love it when newsmakers visit the board.

gblowfish
07-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Why is a post I put up in 2006 re-appearing on this board? Weird.

Rain Man
07-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Why is a post I put up in 2006 re-appearing on this board? Weird.

Read it! Read it! It's exciting!

gblowfish
07-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Nice to know we're the favorite self-googling Chiefs Board for Meth Cooks.

Dave Lane
07-26-2012, 09:46 AM
I once played Tecmo Bowl for 48 hours straight and ended up with 1/4" callouses on my thumbs.

Man I was sure Phil bumped this thread. I was SO ready to report him LMAO

Predarat
07-26-2012, 10:39 AM

Someone commited an infraction. The illegal bump kind. They could ban him for a few days but he will not be back for over a year anyways so there is no point. Ohhhh well hahaha.

vailpass
07-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Green Acres props. Great OP title.

Deberg_1990
07-26-2012, 11:48 AM
heh, gotta love the straight outta nowhere bump.

Thumbs up!

whoman69
07-26-2012, 01:37 PM

I suspected as much for a long time.

ghak99
07-26-2012, 03:39 PM
ROFL .....only on CP.

kysirsoze
07-26-2012, 03:45 PM

My first thought. How could he afford that place on 250K?

aloha357
07-26-2012, 06:38 PM

Dude, you Rok! :rockon: I've been working on my Castlevania and God of War callouses. Mad fun!!!

I love it when newsmakers visit the board.

Thanks! I try and visit the fan page every so often cause I'm amused by peoples reactions. Like...

Well, not much, honestly, but I wasn't getting assraped in prison, so there is that. :clap:
How do I dignify this w/a response? I'm glad you finally learned to say No sir, my bottom is sacred and I won't take that anymore from you? Or the fact that he's mentioning prison and he gets it from elsewhere, but definitely not prison?
As you can clearly see they haven't found a cure for stupidity as it runs rampant through BBS'. :stupid:
It's ignorant people who don't follow up on what's going in real life, but rather add their stupid little comments to the record. As a matter of fact, nobody went to prison. The scandal was an intimidation factor for y'all so people don't do what we did or at least not get caught like we did.

It's not so bad being on the map. Enjoy the moment! Had to look myself up at some point to see where people are at and nothing's changed... Y'all are the only group I found neat enough to say something too. Boy is this fun!!! :popcorn:

Btw, had to look up what a "bump" is and that time I spent "away" kept me from this new lingo. Guess I'm old sk00l cause a bump to me is a small hit or a mistaken light tap. I had/have no intentions on making a "bump". Didn't even know there were rules on catching up w/my fans every so often and I believe the word is necrobumping or gravedigging cause this post is old. Fyi, I don't do bumps, I make statements, kind of like doing a "line" instead. Ban me if y'all like.

Hope this brought a few laughs considering how krazy this world is w/all the goings on especially to those who have nothing better to do besides protect their cornhole. Not saying it shouldn't be a concern for homophobes or those who've been "touched", not by an angel, but some need to stop watching tv!

Peace & luv CP!!! -ng

Bowser
07-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Is that you, Joey?

notorious
07-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Is that you, Joey?

Winner. ROFL

SAUTO
07-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Nope definitely not Joey IMO.

Look at those posts
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
07-26-2012, 08:13 PM
It's ignorant people who don't follow up on what's going in real life, but rather add their stupid little comments to the record. As a matter of fact, nobody went to prison. The scandal was an intimidation factor for y'all so people don't do what we did or at least not get caught like we did.

Why on earth would I give a shit about some dirtbag druggie? Current, former, future, I don't care. I didn't read the article because I don't care. So you're batting clean-up for the Methhead Allstars - big fucking deal. I don't care what you did. I don't care that you got caught. I won't care if you drop dead tomorrow. I'm not going to follow you on Twitter or like you on facebook. Sorry.

Rain Man
07-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Aloha, may I ask a couple of questions? This are serious and you don't have to answer if you don't want to.

You said you didn't go to prison. What did happen? Did you do a diversion program? Community corrections? What happened? And how did it affect you? Did it result in your stopping the meth, or did it just interrupt it?

And my next question is, how did you get started on meth? The popular perception is that it's made out of some really bad stuff and it messes a person up. What made you try it, and how would you rate its addictiveness?

Not meaning to be nosy, but you're the first meth person I've ever met (that I know of - I've got my suspicions about a few posters here).