PDA

View Full Version : Why no fire posts about Wesley?

picasso
12-04-2006, 08:20 PM
He has once again become comfortable. He knows that Herm considers him the starter and he won't lose his spot IMHO. In the Browns game he was absolutely horrible, and they kept targeting him.
The beginning of the year he was fighting for his job and hitting people but not anymore. While Pollard, a true playmaker every single time he is on the field, sits there on the bench. I just don't understand it.
:#

Hammock Parties
12-04-2006, 08:22 PM
We had several.

rad
12-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Fire the whole -efense, start all the 2nd teamers.

Deberg_1990
12-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Because its like Beating a dead horse.

Dark Horse
12-04-2006, 09:18 PM
I agree on Pollard he makes a big play on special teams every week.

Halfcan
12-04-2006, 10:19 PM
We should start Pollard and Page the rest of the year.

KCFalcon59
12-04-2006, 10:22 PM
I hate Wesley. That first touchdown where he tried to swat at the ball instead of laying a vicious hit on the receiver pisses me off to no end. Then that lazy ass attempt at a tackle against that ****ing 3rd string qb and letting him run for 30+ yrds. JFC I am getting pissed all over again.

dj56dt58
12-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Pollard>Wesley
Page>Knight
Fox>Bell

morphius
12-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Even if Page makes a few mistakes out there, he is a better player as he occasionally actually breaks up a great play, versus the Wesley version of and INT where he waits for the ball to be thrown over the head of the player.

I can't say much about Pollard, as he almost never is on the field with the D.

12-04-2006, 11:23 PM
He has once again become comfortable. He knows that Herm considers him the starter and he won't lose his spot IMHO. In the Browns game he was absolutely horrible, and they kept targeting him.
The beginning of the year he was fighting for his job and hitting people but not anymore. While Pollard, a true playmaker every single time he is on the field, sits there on the bench. I just don't understand it.
:#

Seemed a little to obvious to bother posting it.

BWillie
12-04-2006, 11:28 PM
We should leave Knight in the game more, and alternate Page/Pollard in for GWes more instead. I really don't think Knight is doing that bad of job. Imagine if Knight had any kind of speed whatsoever, can you imagine how good he would be? He is one of our smartest defensive players.

picasso
12-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Wouldn't a firing at this time of the season of a starter that flat ass failed at his assignments raise the level of play with the rest of the team from here on out?
Works in New England.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Some of these douches are still left over from Dicks era....i expect some of these guys not to be back and herm gets his men in there. Along with a new DCOORD this D will be a force i think.

Mecca
12-05-2006, 06:52 AM
We should leave Knight in the game more, and alternate Page/Pollard in for GWes more instead. I really don't think Knight is doing that bad of job. Imagine if Knight had any kind of speed whatsoever, can you imagine how good he would be? He is one of our smartest defensive players.

As sad as it is to admit this.....because of how their contracts look...Knight is almost 100% certain to not be here next year while Wesley is probably going to be back.....Wesley and Hicks will be on this team forever just to spite us.

Chief Henry
12-05-2006, 07:52 AM
There's another thread on here about who we thought the goat was for this game. To me the goat was Wesley. He whiffed so bad on the Browns first TD and especially on the run by the QB in Overtime.
He couldn't cover a receiver with blanket. Wesley is not worthy of a starting position in the NFL, maybe in Canada but NOT in the NFL.

Where was our fricken D. Line Sunday ?

Easy 6
12-05-2006, 08:01 AM
At his best he's a run stopper S with decent hands. If he comes back i would hope that its STRICTLY for depth.

He personifies the rollercoaster play of the D.

jspchief
12-05-2006, 08:03 AM
I've been making "fire wesley" posts for a few years now. He's wildly inconsistent and seems to be a constant component in the big plays we allow.

There were two things I noticed when Page was playing for an injured Wesley:

1. There weren't nearly as many "where the hell is the safety?" moments. Sure there were still some mistakes, but the number was reduced IMO.

2. This is a big one. In every game that Page started over Wesley, there was at least one play that made me say "wow". I don't know if it's awareness, recovery speed, or athleticism, but Page makes plays that Wesley can't.

Easy 6
12-05-2006, 08:05 AM
There were two things I noticed when Page was playing for an injured Wesley:

1. There weren't nearly as many "where the hell is the safety?" moments. Sure there were still some mistakes, but the number was reduced IMO.

2. This is a big one. In every game that Page started over Wesley, there was at least one play that made me say "wow". I don't know if it's awareness, recovery speed, or athleticism, but Page makes plays that Wesley can't.

Absolutely.

Mecca
12-05-2006, 08:21 AM
At his best he's a run stopper S with decent hands. If he comes back i would hope that its STRICTLY for depth.

He personifies the rollercoaster play of the D.

Wesley makes far to much money to be a backup.....if that's how he's thought of then he needs to go.

Brock
12-05-2006, 08:29 AM
They need to start playing Page and Pollard the rest of the season. There is no reason not to.

Mecca
12-05-2006, 08:31 AM
They need to start playing Page and Pollard the rest of the season. There is no reason not to.

Sure there is man........Carl and Herm still think they're going to the playoffs.....or winning 9/10 games which is good enough for Carl....

jspchief
12-05-2006, 08:58 AM
They need to start playing Page and Pollard the rest of the season. There is no reason not to.I agree with Page, not so sure about Pollard.

It seems I've read a few things that make me believe that Pollard isn't picking up the playbook very well. I wonder if he doesn't have the smarts to be an NFL safety. There was even mention of making him a LB, which makes me wonder if his speed is an issue.

Besides, Knight has been pretty solid this year. At least good enough that I don't think he should be replaced at least until we know play-offs aren't an option.

picasso
12-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I agree with Page, not so sure about Pollard.

It seems I've read a few things that make me believe that Pollard isn't picking up the playbook very well. I wonder if he doesn't have the smarts to be an NFL safety. There was even mention of making him a LB, which makes me wonder if his speed is an issue.

Besides, Knight has been pretty solid this year. At least good enough that I don't think he should be replaced at least until we know play-offs aren't an option.

What?!!
Every single time Pollard is on the field he makes a play. Sunday he had two fumble recoveries. So far Pollard has caused 4 fumbles (two off of hits he made), 1 punt block, downed 2 balls inside the 5 yard line, 1 near interception and 3 batted balls. The only thing he hasn't done is sack the QB and I believe he did that in preseason where he also had a pick. Every time he is on the field he is around the ball. He is a playmaker. His speed is pretty good compared to Knight or Wesley. He attacks at where the ball carrier is going not where he's been. Not picking up the playbook? The dude was a four year strong safety in college and he knows his position.

Chiefnj
12-05-2006, 03:10 PM
If Pollard looked promising at safety there would have been no reason for Gretz to write last week that he may be moved to OLB in the offseason. Obviously the coaching staff doesn't like what they see out of him at safety.

Crashride
12-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Gretz doesnt have much more information than you or me. He was just pointing out it was an option not a guarantee. Hes a reporter he isnt a coach now.

picasso
12-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Gretz doesnt have much more information than you or me. He was just pointing out it was an option not a guarantee. Hes a reporter he isnt a coach now.

Agreed. As far as Pollards intellegence, he may be dumber than a rock but I don't give a shit, the guy's a player.

Mr. Laz
12-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Knight is a good player ..... but he's lost a step.

wesley is an idiot with no heart who will just stick around and collect a payback if he can.

htismaqe
12-05-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm one of Wesley's biggest detractors, and I can honestly say I've lost interest.

I no longer care.

StcChief
12-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Pollard / Page need to start.

Wesley been burnt too many time this year now after hearing the rookie footsteps.

Knight is lost a step, vet leader.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Wesley been burnt too many time this year now after hearing the rookie footsteps.

Try been burnt one too many times the past 6 years. I was tired of it three years ago.

I think the guy has secret pix of Carl Peterson stashed somewhere......

jspchief
12-05-2006, 06:46 PM
What?!!
Every single time Pollard is on the field he makes a play. Sunday he had two fumble recoveries. So far Pollard has caused 4 fumbles (two off of hits he made), 1 punt block, downed 2 balls inside the 5 yard line, 1 near interception and 3 batted balls. The only thing he hasn't done is sack the QB and I believe he did that in preseason where he also had a pick. Every time he is on the field he is around the ball. He is a playmaker. His speed is pretty good compared to Knight or Wesley. He attacks at where the ball carrier is going not where he's been. Not picking up the playbook? The dude was a four year strong safety in college and he knows his position.No question Pollard has been a special teams stud for us. But that doesn't necessarily translate to being a stud safety.

All I'm saying is that Knight has played well enough, and Pollard is unknown enough, that I can't justify calling for Pollard to be starting at this time.