PDA

View Full Version : The end of an era (game stream)

DaFace
12-04-2006, 10:34 PM
OK, I'm not sure that 3 months really qualifies as being an era, but anyway...

I've mentioned this in the "GameDay Links" thread, but I wanted to make a more public announcement. Due to a generous job offer by Rain Man (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=153218) ;), I will be moving to Donkey Land after this coming weekend. As such, the "primary" SOPcast stream will be no more after this weekend's game.

C-Mac's "backup" stream will carry the torch in the future, but it's always nice to have other options. If anyone out there is willing to join the good cause and stream games, shoot me a PM. All you need is a TV tuner card or video card with video inputs, a decently fast PC, and a high-speed internet connection. The software's all free, and I can help you get it set up. You'd be helping out HUNDREDS of fans by doing this (around 550 watched my stream last week), so let me know if you're interested.

Donger
12-04-2006, 10:35 PM
OK, I'm not sure that 3 months really qualifies as being an era, but anyway...

I've mentioned this in the "GameDay Links" thread, but I wanted to make a more public announcement. Due to a generous job offer by Rain Man (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=153218) ;), I will be moving to Donkey Land after this coming weekend. As such, the "primary" SOPcast stream will be no more after this weekend's game.

C-Mac's "backup" stream will carry the torch in the future, but it's always nice to have other options. If anyone out there is willing to join the good cause and stream games, shoot me a PM. All you need is a TV tuner card or video card with video inputs, a decently fast PC, and a high-speed internet connection. The software's all free, and I can help you get it set up. You'd be helping out HUNDREDS of fans by doing this (around 550 watched my stream last week), so let me know if you're interested.

You're going to work for RainMan?

Thig Lyfe
12-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Wow, looks like having hanging around message boards all day did somebody good for once.

Hootie
12-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate all of the streams!

Hammock Parties
12-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Wow. I didn't think Kevin was serious. Cool stuff.

Hootie
12-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Wow, looks like having hanging around message boards all day did somebody good for once.
I don't think he's actually going to work for Rain Man, I think it's a joke...

FAX
12-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Mr. Rain Man could not have selected a better stream maker.

Congratulations to you both.

FAX

Hammock Parties
12-04-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't think he's actually going to work for Rain Man, I think it's a joke...

Could be. I think they reverse-engineered the whole thing.

Hootie
12-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Could be. I think they reverse-engineered the whole thing.
DaFace had been talking about leaving and thus taking the stream down for months...

So I think the job thing was a joke...

DeezNutz
12-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Wow. I didn't think Kevin was serious. Cool stuff.

Wasn't the purpose of DaFace's wink ( ;) to alleviate these types of responses? :hmmm:

Anyhoo... DaFace, thanks for all of your efforts. They've been much appreciated.

Thig Lyfe
12-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Well, if anybody would hire from ChiefsPlanet, it would be Rain Man. He trusts people.

(Probably his greatest flaw.)

morphius
12-04-2006, 11:01 PM
We all voted and you are not allowed to move.

So there!

morphius
12-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Well, if anybody would hire from ChiefsPlanet, it would be Rain Man. He trusts people.

I'd work with a few people here in a heartbeat. Now would they work with me, eh, that could be a whole other issue.

Ultra Peanut
12-04-2006, 11:08 PM
I don't think he's actually going to work for Rain Man, I think it's a joke...It's not.

boogblaster
12-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Its been real...

DaFace
12-05-2006, 09:17 AM
I'll be bumping this a few times over the next week trying to find a couple volunteers.

Braincase
12-05-2006, 09:33 AM
You're going to work for RainMan?

Guess he finally got that green card/guest worker thing straightened out. Only problem I have is figuring out if he's Mujibur or Sirajul.

ChiTown
12-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Whatever Rainman's paying you, I'll double it.

How are you at edging the lawn?

ROYC75
12-05-2006, 09:41 AM

No, he knows who has his bike, it's his way of getting it back free.

StcChief
12-05-2006, 10:42 AM
DaFace good luck to you in Dungver.....
I guess Rainman needs more Chief fans for support.

Rain Man
12-05-2006, 12:16 PM
I bet some of you are wishing that you'd taken my interview questions more seriously.

DaFace
12-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Buehler...Buehler...

I must admit that my motivation here isn't entirely selfless. The side effect of this whole moving thing is that I will likely find myself needing to USE someone's stream in the next few weeks. Will you be my hero?

12-05-2006, 11:44 PM
I bet some of you are wishing that you'd taken my interview questions more seriously.
I would have been all over it but there was no way I could have uprooted my family to move to the Mountains. And I would have loved living that close to the range.

DaFace
12-07-2006, 11:38 AM
I haven't bumped this yet for the afternoon crew. Any takers?

One more bump on Sunday, and this thread will die. Promise.

Mr. Laz
12-07-2006, 11:46 AM
We all voted and you are not allowed to move.

So there!
for real ... Rainman, you bastige :cuss:

;)

4th and Long
12-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Not me. I couldn't work for someone who plays on the internet all day and disregards his employees in the process. :p

Iowanian
12-07-2006, 12:00 PM

I still say you made a mistake.

Not only am I creative, excellent in marketing, with unique professional skills, valuable to your organization, I'm also great at dealing with people who rip you off and I know a boulder guy.

Rain Man
12-07-2006, 12:06 PM
for real ... Rainman, you bastige :cuss:

If I had known that it would interfere with his sopcasting, I never would've hired him, I swear.

Mr. Laz
12-07-2006, 12:14 PM
If I had known that it would interfere with his sopcasting, I never would've hired him, I swear.
:thumb: