PDA

View Full Version : The Definition of Insanity / Herm Edwards

BIG_DADDY
12-05-2006, 10:24 AM
OK I haven't had a chance to vent yet so here it goes. Initially we tried to run first to open up the pass and it flat out didn't work. The gamed turned for us when we passed first to open up the run. So tell me why when we get a little lead at the end of the game we resort back to what we know doesn't work in an effort burn a little more clock? That is friggen crazy. More playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Then on D it's even worse. They have a rookie QB and 1 1/2 quarters at the end of the game you put no effort into putting some real pressure on him. We just keep qoing with the 4 man rush which is giving him all day to find an open receiver. When something does work we go back to something that doesn't and when something doesn't work we make no attempt to make the appropriate adjustments? The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing you always have expecting a different result. I know I am no pro football coach but that appeared to be one of the worst coached games I have seen this year other than the Coughlin debacle that is.

StcChief
12-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Lesson learned are tough for Chiefs coaches....:banghead

Except this isn't their rookie seasons in NFL.

BIG_DADDY
12-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Lesson learned are tough for Chiefs coaches....:banghead

Except this isn't their rookie seasons in NFL.

It was friggen idiotic. If you lose at least do it going down swinging. Herm might as well put skirts on our players with a game plan like that one.

jidar
12-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Agreed.

I'm not usually one to harp on play calling, but I just felt so uncomfortable watching the game from home. We were playing on our heels and it was mostly the plays called.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2006, 10:58 AM
I never understood why they didn't bring it and get into that guys face at all. The continuous 4 man rush was a joke. Bring the ****in kitchen sink at this guy. This is a reason why Gun should be fired. You have them down 14 points you ****in bring it!

Wile_E_Coyote
12-05-2006, 11:03 AM
we should know by now, when you have to depend on Sims & Hicks for most of the game, your ****ed

siberian khatru
12-05-2006, 11:04 AM
I never understood why they didn't bring it and get into that guys face at all. The continuous 4 man rush was a joke. Bring the ****in kitchen sink at this guy. This is a reason why Gun should be fired. You have them down 14 points you ****in bring it!

As I've mentioned before, when the Browns were down inside the 5, I screamed for an 11-man blitz. Yes, 11. At that point nothing else had worked and there really was nothing to lose. Maybe Anderson would've panicked, maybe the Chiefs might've gotten lucky and sacked him, maybe they could've stripped the ball. But sitting back in the end zone was stoopid and suicidal.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2006, 11:05 AM
As I've mentioned before, when the Browns were down inside the 5, I screamed for an 11-man blitz. Yes, 11. At that point nothing else had worked and there really was nothing to lose. Maybe Anderson would've panicked, maybe the Chiefs might've gotten lucky and sacked him, maybe they could've stripped the ball. But sitting back in the end zone was stoopid and suicidal.
We made steve heiden look like joe valerio catching those open TD's! :rolleyes: