PDA

View Full Version : If Trent Retires....

kczoo
12-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Are you all seriously happy with Croyle as QBOTF? I really have not been so sure of this cat. Not any fault of his own, just a durability thing. Who is a vet qb we'd like to see get? Or what is coming in the draft? I heard Houston is not happy with Carr anymore.

Kylo Ren
12-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Are you all seriously happy with Croyle as QBOTF? I really have not been so sure of this cat. Not any fault of his own, just a durability thing. Who is a vet qb we'd like to see get? Or what is coming in the draft? I heard Houston is not happy with Carr anymore.

:bong:

Mecca
12-05-2006, 05:52 PM
We're screwed at alot of positions....

KurtCobain
12-05-2006, 05:53 PM
I want Quinn. I am a huge fan. But we won't get him. He'll go to chokeland and I'll hate him just like Cutler(who I was hoping we would draft).

Fantasy: We should trade for Peyton Manning.
for real: I think we should go out for a running QB. Maybe Vick if the falcons turn on him...or..I dunno, someone who can win the Superbowl damnit.

carter08
12-05-2006, 05:53 PM
As a Texans fan, I have to say...

You do NOT want Carr
He has been a failure
Sage should start

But anyways

Croyle will be better than Carr

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Deberg_1990
12-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Who knows what we have in Croyle? He cant be seriously evaulated....

As for Carr, he still makes rookie mistakes and its his 5th year in the league. If he hasnt blossumed by now, hes never going to be anything special.

KurtCobain
12-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Problem, Shields will most likely retire at the same time as Trent. So it'll be fun to watch a new QB try to survive behind a dead line.

Mecca
12-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Problem, Shields will most likely retire at the same time as Trent. So it'll be fun to watch a new QB try to survive behind a dead line.

Replacing a guard isn't that difficult.......replace tackles however....

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2006, 06:00 PM

F*cking give me a break! Like this year's line? When everyone spelled gloom and doom for the offense because of Roaf's sudden retirement? Like when Waters went down? Are trying to say that the Chiefs will suddenly collapse under the retirement of Will Shields?

Mecca
12-05-2006, 06:02 PM
F*cking give me a break! Like this year's line? When everyone spelled gloom and doom for the offense because of Roaf's sudden retirement? Like when Waters went down? Are trying to say that the Chiefs will suddenly collapse under the retirement of Will Shields?

This offense isn't exactly great.....look at LJ's YPC this year to last year.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2006, 06:05 PM

Its still pretty damn good.

I watch alot of games around the league. I see alot of teams struggle to score. The Chiefs offense, while maybe not quite as good as a few seasons ago, is still pretty damn good.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2006, 06:05 PM

And that's Roaf's fault? It's not the fault that both sides of the line have experienced injuries? Not the fault of the new offensive coordinator, who's never been an OC before? Not the fact that the starting QB was out for 7+ games?

This offense has fared quite well, especially under the circumstances. The retirement of neither Trent Green or Will Shields will make me cry for mercy.

Otter
12-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Judging Croyle at this point in his NFL Career is like asking GoChiefs how to please a women.

No offense GoChiefs. :D

HemiEd
12-05-2006, 06:08 PM
What sample size to do we have on Croyle? Nothing, why would he not be capable?
The guy looks closer to an NFL QB than Cutler and many others. It takes time and I don't think Trent is going to retire real soon.
It was fun to watch Trent last Sunday even if Gunther ****ed it off.

Mecca
12-05-2006, 06:10 PM
What sample size to do we have on Croyle? Nothing, why would he not be capable?
The guy looks closer to an NFL QB than Cutler and many others. It takes time and I don't think Trent is going to retire real soon.
It was fun to watch Trent last Sunday even if Gunther ****ed it off.

Uh what do you mean he looks closer to an NFL QB than Cutler? Croyle has 2 reconstructed knees and is rail thin......

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Regarding Croyle, Bill Parcells (the real one, not the phony poster on this board) has said that if Tony Romo needed to start his first or second year, he'd be out of the league by now. It takes time for most QB's to develop and fortunately for Croyle and the Chiefs, he's got time.

HemiEd
12-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Uh what do you mean he looks closer to an NFL QB than Cutler? Croyle has 2 reconstructed knees and is rail thin......

Watching him play and the way he conducts himself. I did not see any panic in Croye in College or the few snaps he has had in the NFL. However, Cutler panicked like a bitch the other night.
IMO it is not a physical thing as much as a head game for a QB.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2006, 06:18 PM
However, Cutler panicked like a bitch the other night.

OK, lets start Croyle on Sunday Night next week against the Bolts with a possible playoff berth on the line and watch him cry like a little Bitch too....

what an idiotic statement...

HemiEd
12-05-2006, 06:24 PM
OK, lets start Croyle on Sunday Night next week against the Bolts with a possible playoff berth on the line and watch him cry like a little Bitch too....

what an idiotic statement...

Glad you liked it.

boogblaster
12-05-2006, 06:51 PM
If he retires we move on..Next QB could be the best ever, you never know..Green has not hurt us but in a very few games, he's been a solid QB...Hell the kid could come in and blow the doors off the whole league who knows....

Hammock Parties
12-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Green isn't going to retire. On Sunday NFL Countdown last week he said as much.

the Talking Can
12-05-2006, 07:04 PM
next year will be a replay of this year...Trent will get injured, Huard will sub, we'll miss the playoffs...hootie will post threads about being a martyr....etc

I hope we don't play Croyle next year. I bet Herm feels the same way.

Hootie
12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
the good thing about having two reconstructed knees is that it would be truly difficult to blow out either one ever again...

Mecca
12-05-2006, 07:25 PM
the good thing about having two reconstructed knees is that it would be truly difficult to blow out either one ever again...

Guys have done it......some guys have blown out the same knee again....

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-05-2006, 07:26 PM

Yatil Green and Jamal Anderson come to mind.

Mecca
12-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Yatil Green and Jamal Anderson come to mind.

Anderson did it after his 400 carry year.......Larry Johnson better watch out.

stevieray
12-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Its still pretty damn good.

I watch alot of games around the league. I see alot of teams struggle to score. The Chiefs offense, while maybe not quite as good as a few seasons ago, is still pretty damn good.

remember, you're talking to memyselfandmecca.

cdcox
12-05-2006, 07:41 PM
What in the world gives people the idea that Green is in any hurry to retire? He is an NFL QB. That is what he does and who he is. He worked his whole life to get in this position. He is at the top of his game. He has his whole life to do something different. Sure he is getting older, so let's take it one year at a time. I'm 99% certain he plays again next year.

RealSNR
12-05-2006, 07:58 PM
How I see things working out:

If Trent retires, Huard would play a season or two as our starter. Then Croyle would come in.

Yes?

Calcountry
12-05-2006, 08:01 PM
This offense isn't exactly great.....look at LJ's YPC this year to last year.Neither was USC's, but that is another discussion entirely.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Trent will likely play 2 more seasons barring major injury. Didnt Gannon play until he was 39 or 40??

PastorMikH
12-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Judging Croyle at this point in his NFL Career is like asking GoChiefs how to please a women.

LMAO LMAO

PastorMikH
12-05-2006, 08:20 PM
What in the world gives people the idea that Green is in any hurry to retire?

I have no idea.

Think about it people, with as much as Trent worked and wanted to ome back this year, there's no way he retires after this season is over (baring another injury of course). Trent will be around several more years as long as he's healthy.

SLQ
12-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Green isn't going to retire. On Sunday NFL Countdown last week he said as much.

That would be his current plan. If he were to get another concussion that might sway his opinion of retiring. Go out walking and talking or go out as a veg.

El Jefe
12-05-2006, 08:30 PM
We should go after Troy Smith, as a huge buckeye fan Smith will be good in the pro's he is a great pocket passer he is very accurate and he doesnt make mistakes. Quinn cant win big games, Smith can win big games. We should trade up in the 2nd round to get him. Croyle is not the future.

cdcox
12-05-2006, 08:31 PM
That would be his current plan. If he were to get another concussion that might sway his opinion of retiring. Go out walking and talking or go out as a veg.

List of QBs who have can't talk as a result of concussions sustained while playing:

crickets

Deberg_1990
12-05-2006, 08:31 PM
and once Priest returns next year it will be like 2003 all over again!

Mr. Laz
12-05-2006, 08:53 PM
who knows ..... Huard played

we haven't really seen Croyle play yet

BWillie
12-05-2006, 08:58 PM
If we know Trent Green is retiring at the end of the season it is quite obvious we would go Huard dynasty for a few years. I don't even know why there is a debate. Brodie is at least a year away. Huard has shown he is serviceable. But in reality, Green might not know until when Roaf did, that would make it impossible to really know what to happen. I'm sure Green would give us ample time though, he's the classiest player in the league.

KurtCobain
12-05-2006, 08:59 PM
We should go after Troy Smith, as a huge buckeye fan Smith will be good in the pro's he is a great pocket passer he is very accurate and he doesnt make mistakes. Quinn cant win big games, Smith can win big games. We should trade up in the 2nd round to get him. Croyle is not the future.

Smith will be a huge bust in the NFL. His NFL career will consist of benchwarming and nothing else. Quinn however, is gold. Next Joe Montana.

GROB
12-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Considering how you guys think Cutler is a bust, I can't imagine how you feel about Croyle. I'm surprised he hasn't been hung yet.

Bob Dole
12-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Considering how you guys think Cutler is a bust, I can't imagine how you feel about Croyle. I'm surprised he hasn't been hung yet.

Didn't you already post on the Mange that you had confirmed that Croyle was hung?

KurtCobain
12-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Smith will be a huge bust in the NFL. His NFL career will consist of benchwarming and nothing else. Croyle however, is gold. Next Joe Montana.

Oops, just noticed I put 'Croyle is gold', my mistake. Too thoughts mixed into one, I meant 'Quinn is gold'.

GROB
12-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Didn't you already post on the Mange that you had confirmed that Croyle was hung?
You misquoted me, give credit where credit is due and here is the man.

Redcoats58
12-05-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm to the point where I would rather have a few terrible losing seasons at 1-15 so we can ruin some first rounders.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I heard Trent isn't even thinkin about retiring anytime soon, id say he can play another 2 years.

SBK
12-06-2006, 12:02 AM

If he had played at USC he'd be the next touchdown Jesus.

CupidStunt
12-06-2006, 02:39 AM
If a QB falls into our lap (i.e. JaMarcus Russel), take him - no questions asked. If not, maybe there's a free agent (I believe Carr's very overrated but he's still got a ton of talent... he will need coaching, though, and I'm not sure we have that).

If all else fails, we will have to roll with Croyle - unless another draft rolls around.

StcChief
12-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Trent will be back for 2007....barring something terrible happening.

2008 is another story, Croyle needs time to develop, bulk up abit.

The question is will Huard be here as BU. Unlikely.

Brock
12-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Why the hell would Trent Green retire?

the Talking Can
12-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Why the hell would Trent Green retire?

because he knows Huard should be the starter...Trent has always been a team player

Fire Me Boy!
12-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Don't know if it's been said, but if Green retires, we'll know about it in plenty of time. I don't think Green would pull a Roaf on us.

That said, if Green retires we'll make a mad push to sign Huard back and he'd do it... he knows the offense and this would be his best chance to be successful.

PinkFloyd
12-06-2006, 09:29 AM

I have... Surgery on the right one twice and the left one once...

jAZ
12-06-2006, 09:47 AM
I think everyone did (or should have) looked at Croyle as someone who might be able to play in 3 years. And at the time, we were looking at Trent as being around for another 3 years.

How anyone could express anything more than uncertainty ("it hasn't been sufficient time yet to know what Croyle will become") I don't understand.

Frankie
12-06-2006, 09:54 AM

No offense GoChiefs. :D
No defense either!

HonestChieffan
12-06-2006, 09:56 AM
It would be a disaster to go with Huard/Croyle if Trent retires.

Huard did a very good job as a backup. We need a quality Backup and he is that.

Croyle is a complete unknown and in preseason looked average at very best. With no high end quality QB we are screwed. Croyle is small, frail, underpowered, and has bad history for injury. Deal with it, he is another so so draft pick, nothing more.

My belief is Herm/Carl will go with a halfway ok but cheap QB and depend on handoffs to LJ. Herm will spend more and more time tending to LJs bad attitude and LJ will very soon demand a renegotiation on his contract. His Agent has to see that opportunity cause he has Carl/Herm by the shorthairs.

We will drop some cash for Defense..again...

We will try to patch up the O line and probably do OK at that.

If Carls head is not in his butt, he will resign Tony G...that will add to LJs fire to get more money and respect.

We will still have good old number 82 running around like a lapdog. Cute, warm, but not really adding any value.

Herm will give great press conferences from Wisconsin.

Frankie
12-06-2006, 09:59 AM
what's with this hating on Croyle on this board all of a sudden? This Anderson guy shined against a sleeping defense that even hile awake is not one of the elite. This topic is absolutely assinine. I can't wait to see Croyle make some ex "TrINT" haters eat their words the way Trent did.

And Oh, BTW, if Trent suddenly retires after this year (which I doubt) I think the Chiefs will resign Damon Huard who if memory serves me well made a good account of himself.

ROYC75
12-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Will Shields is going to talk Roaf back into playing next year but during TC, Shields will announce his retirement, Trent will follow him .

Bowser
12-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Superb thread.

Ebolapox
12-06-2006, 10:43 AM
for real: I think we should go out for a running QB. Maybe Vick if the falcons turn on him...or..I dunno, someone who can win the Superbowl damnit.

you're on crack-- 'someone who can win the superbowl,' 'running QB,' and 'for real' all in the same sentence

name me ONE primarily running QB who's won the super bowl--and steve young doesn't count (he was a primary pocket QB by the time the niners won it with him) and elway also doesn't count (his running days were over by the time they won *cheating bastards*)

underEJ
12-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Croyle is a complete unknown and in preseason looked average at very best.

Croyle is small, frail, underpowered, and has bad history for injury. Deal with it, he is another so so draft pick, nothing more.

How do you go from he's a complete unknown to he's another so so draft pick, nothing more in the same breath?

And underpowered?? Do you mean his arm? He has the best arm on the roster right now, he's just undeveloped, and a little wild. I can't wait to see what he can do in another year or two, but I would like to see him bulk up a bit in that time. I'm not projecting him as a bust or a savior yet, but he is definitely a really good prospect, even considering the injury history.

Frankie
12-06-2006, 02:40 PM
How do you go from he's a complete unknown to he's another so so draft pick, nothing more in the same breath?

And underpowered?? Do you mean his arm? He has the best arm on the roster right now, he's just undeveloped, and a little wild. I can't wait to see what he can do in another year or two, but I would like to see him bulk up a bit in that time. I'm not projecting him as a bust or a savior yet, but he is definitely a really good prospect, even considering the injury history.
Good post. :thumb:

KC-TBB
12-06-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm just glad they are not throwing him to the wolves like they are Cutler in Denver...the regular season is not a great place to 'learn the game'...

PHANTOM
12-06-2006, 03:09 PM
The guy looks closer to an NFL QB than Cutler and many others.

Bwahahahahaahahaha!!!
I need a new keyboard. Mine is full of Mt. Dew.

HonestChieffan
12-06-2006, 03:18 PM

Well, what have we seen so far...

Pre season....looks like a nice kid who needs to gain 45 pounds or he will get killed. He wont be able to run built like he is and a no run abilty passer is waht I would call underpowered...he has had enough knee surgury to pretty well make much of a scrambler out of the questtion. And to top it off when he did play he was unimpressive.

Bottom line?

We dont know what we have except press releases, Bob Gretz, and Herm telling us. Don't buy, yet.

We do know he is undersized.

We do know he was damaged goods...knee injury is not a good thing.

At this point with no playing time and what we have seen being just ok, he fits the "another so so draft pick" Does that mean he wont be a superstar...no, but you damn sure dont bet the future on a unknown and that is what he is.

underEJ
12-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Bottom line?

We dont know what we have except press releases, Bob Gretz, and Herm telling us. Don't buy, yet.

At this point with no playing time and what we have seen being just ok, he fits the "another so so draft pick" Does that mean he wont be a superstar...no, but you damn sure dont bet the future on a unknown and that is what he is.

He showed me alot in his senior season, while running for his life, and still getting some plays off (don't even start Auburn trolls.) One knee is four years recovered and holding up fine, and the other will likely be four years healed before he really has a chance to be a starter in the NFL.

You are absolutely right that he is an unknown, as are all draft picks, even the first round QBs, but if no one bets the future on unknowns there aren't going to be alot of well developed QBs out there. I know it's not something this organization has ever done, but it's about time they showed some guts on that front. I like that they kept 4 QBs on the roster before there was an injury question because they liked what they had.

Doesn't mean they won't go another direction before the two years at least that I expect Green to continue playing are up, but it's plenty of time to find out who Croyle will be as a pro.

I do think the likelihood of him having success in this league as a starter is greater than 50/50, and that to me is worth a couple of years learning in the system and assuming he makes acceptable progress, a chance to compete for the starting job in the first preseason after Green does choose to retire.

I don't think that requires me to buy anything yet, or not. Maybe I just am not as quick to be looking in the open market for the replacements when there's change likely in the future. How many FA have really delivered that much for us of late. Seems about just better than 50/50 on that front too. So even proven vets aren't necessarily a sure thing either.

I like to see the team draft and develop long time players.

HemiEd
12-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Bwahahahahaahahaha!!!
I need a new keyboard. Mine is full of Mt. Dew.

Glad I could help, but you should avoid caffeine this late in the day if you want a good nights rest.

UL Washington
12-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Painter is the future people!

HonestChieffan
12-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Not for me wallpaper is far better than Painter

Frankie
12-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Not for me wallpaper is far better than Painter
Even "Plumber" is better than "Painter."

PastorMikH
12-06-2006, 05:44 PM
It's funny how after week 1 so many were calling for Croyle to start. Now that we are 3/4 of the way through the season and we've seen him mop up in 2 games people don't want him anymore.

HemiEd
12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
It's funny how after week 1 so many were calling for Croyle to start. Now that we are 3/4 of the way through the season and we've seen him mop up in 2 games people don't want him anymore.

I think he shows a poise on the field that is pretty rare, honestly.

Redcoats58
12-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm just glad they are not throwing him to the wolves like they are Cutler in Denver...the regular season is not a great place to 'learn the game'...
You see I disagree as long as the team is ok with having a terrible season. It's what they did with Peyton Manning and that turned out great, he has to be a good QB though.

Frankie
12-06-2006, 05:58 PM
I think he shows a poise on the field that is pretty rare, honestly.
I agree. Poise and heart are the uncoachables. Arguably the rest are coachable. Elvis Grbac had the talent and the body to be a good QB.

HemiEd
12-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I agree. Poise and heart are the uncoachables. Arguably the rest are coachable. Elvis Grbac had the talent and the body to be a good QB but no poise or heart.

I finished it for you. :D

PastorMikH
12-06-2006, 08:40 PM
I agree. Poise and heart are the uncoachables. Arguably the rest are coachable. Elvis Grbac had the talent and the body to be a good QB.

He was missing one tangible the kept him from being a good QB, he couldn't catch.

htismaqe
12-06-2006, 08:49 PM

I've seen him up-close standing next to Green. I never knew how "rail thin" Green was...

htismaqe
12-06-2006, 08:53 PM

Don't be surprised. This place has been overrun by this idiotic shit.

HCF should be "honest" and let everybody here know he didn't know who Croyle was prior to the draft. He probably doesn't know that he out-threw Vince Young at one of the all-star contests, or how he performed at Bama with virtually no help around him...

htismaqe
12-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Smith will be a huge bust in the NFL. His NFL career will consist of benchwarming and nothing else. Quinn however, is gold. Next Joe Montana.

ROFL

Brock
12-06-2006, 10:51 PM

He's the same height and ten pounds lighter than Trent Green, and Trent Green has at least one reconstructed knee himself.

What a moron.

milkman
12-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Painter is the future people!

Painter will help with the renovations.

Frankie
12-07-2006, 09:33 AM
I finished it for you. :D
That's what I meant. But thanks for making it clearer.

Frankie
12-07-2006, 09:33 AM
He was missing one tangible the kept him from being a good QB, he couldn't catch.
:LOL: