PDA

View Full Version : Okay Springfieldians....

luv
12-06-2006, 03:44 AM
I know this is me, and I know I'm talking about Springfield, but would anyone like to get together to watch the Raiders game on 12/23? Would someplace like Indigo Joe's show that on NFL Network? After talking with a fellow planeteer today, it's been decided we need to have a watch party somewhere.

PinkFloyd
12-06-2006, 05:45 AM
I'll be right there on - errrrrrrrr - you said 12/23 ??? I won't be there til 4/23 ------------ 07 that is...

Tape it for me !!!

luv
12-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Alright. I'm gonna be brave and bump this.

SPchief
12-06-2006, 01:41 PM
LMAO

DMAC
12-06-2006, 01:49 PM
One of us just need a cool place like Nzoners game room.

luv
12-06-2006, 01:57 PM
I talked to dad today. There's a group that he tailgates with that he was going to see about having over for the game. I'm sure his basement is nothing like Nzoner's (especially since he only has one tv down there), but his house is decorated for Christmas and his basement is all Chiefs. I also don't know how many people he could seat. He lives on a cul de sac (sp?), so it's perfect for parking.

This is Springfield though, so I doubt he'd have to worry about too many people showing up anyway. :)

Most sports bars will be showing it, too. Indigo Joe's, Skybox, etc.

BigRedChief
12-06-2006, 02:10 PM
UHHH about this time last year I set up a Chiefs Planet meeting in Springfield and you never showed.

DeepSouth
12-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Since I don't live in Springfield I can't come ?

ChiefsOne
12-06-2006, 02:48 PM
I will be out of town for Christmas and will be able to watch the game at my mom's on her dish. Otherwise I would probably be at Indigo Joe's to watch it. Good luck getting anyone to show up. The ones that don't have dish will probably go somewhere though, so your chances will increase some!

MOhillbilly might show up since his antenna doesn't pick up the NFL Network.

DMAC
12-06-2006, 02:51 PM
MOhillbilly might show up since his antenna doesn't pick up the NFL Network.You mean his clothes hanger and tin foil?

ChiefsOne
12-06-2006, 02:57 PM
You mean his clothes hanger and tin foil?

I bet he has an antenna, he's not that big of a 'neck.

chagrin
12-06-2006, 03:30 PM
I can fly up there for the game but Torso Boy better show up

chagrin
12-06-2006, 03:30 PM
And I can't believe that with 11 posts there was no mention of Gatorade??

DMAC
12-06-2006, 03:50 PM
I can fly up there for the game but Torso Boy better show up:)

MOhillbilly
12-06-2006, 04:14 PM
You mean his clothes hanger and tin foil?

If it werent for football i wouldnt own a tv.
And as far as NFL network i can cruise around the corner to my uncles.

Luv is this some kind of sick joke?

you should know by now the cool springtown planeteers view the rest of the lot as rabid pariahs hellbent on stealing there women cars wallets pride and children.

MMMMMMM children.

Redrum_69
12-06-2006, 04:18 PM
If it werent for football i wouldnt own a tv.
And as far as NFL network i can cruise around the corner to my uncles.

Luv is this some kind of sick joke?

you should know by now the cool springtown planeteers view the rest of the lot as rabid pariahs hellbent on stealing there women cars wallets pride and children. MMMMMMM children.

Oh come on now....I bet you have a wallet chain

MOhillbilly
12-06-2006, 04:20 PM
shit**** that, i got two fightin roosters on my cabbage carrier.

badgirl
12-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Since I don't live in Springfield I can't come ?
Do you want to come?

MOhillbilly
12-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Do you want to come?

trollin for prospects?

badgirl
12-06-2006, 04:25 PM
trollin for prospects?
No, I won't be there, I was just wondering if he really wanted to come.

Redrum_69
12-06-2006, 04:28 PM
No, I won't be there, I was just wondering if he really wanted to come.

gun...fish...barrel..

DeepSouth
12-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Do you want to come?

Badgirl, are you in missouri or alabama now ?

badgirl
12-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Badgirl, are you in missouri or alabama now ?
Neither, I came home. I live in TN working at Johnson City Medical Center, I really like my job, got medical, dental, and prescription insurance. I am glad to go back to work in the medical field. What you been up to Steve?

badgirl
12-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Well I gotta go, I am just leaving work and have to drive 30 minutes to the house. Good Nite Everyone. ;)

Skip Towne
12-06-2006, 06:18 PM
The all time record attendance for a Springfield "gathering" is 4. Tommykat, Bad Girl, Stumppy and myself.

PinkFloyd
12-06-2006, 06:24 PM
The all time record attendance for a Springfield "gathering" is 4. Tommykat, Bad Girl, Stumppy and myself.

Gezzzzzzzzzz... And I was wanting to meet up with you all when I come down there next April...

And this year two of the other guys in the group that drink have NO problem buying rounds for the group !!!

Skip Towne
12-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Gezzzzzzzzzz... And I was wanting to meet up with you all when I come down there next April...

And this year two of the other guys in the group that drink have NO problem buying rounds for the group !!!
What group?

PinkFloyd
12-06-2006, 06:48 PM
What group?

Ummmmmm.. It's not a band... LOL... We're coming down for the Greater Ozark Open Bowling Tournament...

DeepSouth
12-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Neither, I came home. I live in TN working at Johnson City Medical Center, I really like my job, got medical, dental, and prescription insurance. I am glad to go back to work in the medical field. What you been up to Steve?

Too bad you're not still down here. It's about time for the Drifters Christmas party. Since you were the life of the party at the last one, figured you'd want to attend this one. Still got blackmail worthy pictures of you from the last one.

ChiefsFire
12-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Too bad you're not still down here. It's about time for the Drifters Christmas party. Since you were the life of the party at the last one, figured you'd want to attend this one. Still got blackmail worthy pictures of you from the last one.

rep for pics?

DeepSouth
12-06-2006, 09:39 PM
rep for pics?
Let's see what Gloria offers me NOT to share them.

luv
12-07-2006, 02:32 AM
UHHH about this time last year I set up a Chiefs Planet meeting in Springfield and you never showed.
It was on a weeknight too. I work nights. I think I've been over this a zillion times. I planned on taking some vacation time to take an extended lunch. We ended up being swamped that night. Considering I'm in supervision, I couldn't just say, "Oh sorry. Gotta run. You guys enjoy yourselves here for a few hours while I go eat hot wings."

luv
12-07-2006, 02:50 AM
The tricky part is not getting it out of the pocket. It's getting what you want out of it and then putting it back that's a little difficult.

greg63
12-07-2006, 03:48 AM
I'm not from Springfield but the idea would have more appeal if the Chiefs actually had a shot at the playoffs.

MOhillbilly
12-07-2006, 08:05 AM
It was on a weeknight too. I work nights. I think I've been over this a zillion times. I planned on taking some vacation time to take an extended lunch. We ended up being swamped that night. Considering I'm in supervision, I couldn't just say, "Oh sorry. Gotta run. You guys enjoy yourselves here for a few hours while I go eat hot wings."

your story sounds like typical woman bullshit.

luv
12-15-2006, 03:23 AM
Just for a minute, forget that I am the one posting this. Is anyone interested in getting together somewhere to watch the Raiders game on the 23rd?

12-15-2006, 03:30 AM
Just for a minute, forget that I am the one posting this. Is anyone interested in getting together somewhere to watch the Raiders game on the 23rd?
Why should we forget you are posting this? Does nobody like you?

luv
12-15-2006, 03:34 AM
Why should we forget you are posting this? Does nobody like you?
Some do, some don't. I really couldn't care less. I just want to go out and get loud somewhere watching the Chiefs play the Raiders. If all else fails, I'll just go to my dad's. A 6-pack is probably cheaper than two mixed drinks somewhere anyway.

12-15-2006, 03:58 AM
Some do, some don't. I really couldn't care less. I just want to go out and get loud somewhere watching the Chiefs play the Raiders. If all else fails, I'll just go to my dad's. A 6-pack is probably cheaper than two mixed drinks somewhere anyway.

Well for what its worth, if I lived in Springfield, I would be all for a get together. I hate watching games alone.

greg63
12-15-2006, 07:56 AM
Well for what its worth, if I lived in Springfield, I would be all for a get together. I hate watching games alone.

Ditto

luv
12-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment. Bumping again.

Nzoner
12-18-2006, 01:47 PM

Thanks for the compliment and we too are having a get together Saturday night,however,seeing that Springfield has very little turn out there I don't see anyone making the trek here especially on Christmas weekend.

PinkFloyd
12-18-2006, 02:08 PM
I understand it's hard to get anyone to commit near X-Mas time... I was hoping maybe some of us could meet up when i come down there in April...

That's even if I have time while I'm down there...

Nzoner
12-18-2006, 02:12 PM
I understand it's hard to get anyone to commit near X-Mas time... I was hoping maybe some of us could meet up when i come down there in April...

That's even if I have time while I'm down there...

Dude you live damn close to us,make a trip down here Saturday to meet a few of us.

PinkFloyd
12-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Dude you live damn close to us,make a trip down here Saturday to meet a few of us.

Yep... I only live about 30 minutes from JoeTown... Kinda like everyone else, we have about 10 different places to go for the holidays...

Plus, my own business has me working alot of very late nights... I'm down there every Monday night in St. Joe --- bowling at the Belt bowl...

Welllllllllllllllll -- I guess you could say we're in a drinking league and we bowl for the hell of it... Did good though -- we won the first half of the league...

You guys heading down for the New Year Eve's game ??? I think I'll be sick from work that day...