PDA

View Full Version : Are there Nebraska fans here?

supercoupe91
12-07-2006, 12:01 AM
If so, what the hell happened to you guys Saturday night?

Your radio guy said that if OU wasn't sharp as a knife, NU would roll them.

He said you were en route to the BCS.

Guess after all these years OU still owns you.

Bugeater
12-07-2006, 12:05 AM
No. None here anywhere.

KcMizzou
12-07-2006, 12:08 AM
No. Check Huskerplanet.com

PastorMikH
12-07-2006, 12:11 AM
They all pretty much left after saturday.

Miles
12-07-2006, 12:13 AM
They all pretty much left after saturday.

Combined with Sunday probably didn't help em much.

Bugeater
12-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Combined with Sunday probably didn't help em much.
Sunday was far worse. Seeing Visor Bob get the best of Callahan again didn't really surprise me.

SPchief
12-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Overall a pretty shitty weekend to support teams wearing red.

Archie F. Swin
12-07-2006, 01:05 AM
What's this Nebraska you speak of?

Sam Hall
12-07-2006, 01:54 AM
Alright, you found an optimistic Husker fan.

OU has a stellar defense. Nebraska has improved offensively, but we're not there yet. Good, but not there yet. Nebraska's offense had many chances to score, and that's the disappointing thing. The Blackshirts came to play. If you said OU would only score 21 points, I would've told you Nebraska wins the game. The early fumble that led to a quick OU touchdown was devestating.

Taylor had his one bad game against OU. Don't judge him based on last weekend. He's a good college quarterback. He may not have much of an NFL future, but that doesn't matter. It also doesn't matter that Taylor flew under the radar in recruiting. None of the elite programs wanted Terence Newman, and look at where he is right now.

Nebraska is playing Auburn in the Cotton Bowl, their fourth top 10 opponent this season. They have played USC, Texas, Oklahoma and now Auburn. All of those teams have more talent than Nebraska. Texas escaped Lincoln with a lucky win. I know Nebraska can beat Auburn.

Only a fool would say Nebraska has not improved this season. Next year it will be time to beat some top 10 teams.

Regardless of the Cotton Bowl result, the future is bright at Nebraska. Callahan and the coaching staff knows how to recruit. They need more time, maybe two more recruiting classes. Remember what Callahan had offensively when he arrived. He had to make dramatic changes.

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Alright, you found an optimistic Husker fan.

OU has a stellar defense. Nebraska has improved offensively, but we're not there yet. Good, but not there yet. Nebraska's offense had many chances to score, and that's the disappointing thing. The Blackshirts came to play. If you said OU would only score 21 points, I would've told you Nebraska wins the game. The early fumble that led to a quick OU touchdown was devestating.

Taylor had his one bad game against OU. Don't judge him based on last weekend. He's a good college quarterback. He may not have much of an NFL future, but that doesn't matter. It also doesn't matter that Taylor flew under the radar in recruiting. None of the elite programs wanted Terence Newman, and look at where he is right now.

Nebraska is playing Auburn in the Cotton Bowl, their fourth top 10 opponent this season. They have played USC, Texas, Oklahoma and now Auburn. All of those teams have more talent than Nebraska. Texas escaped Lincoln with a lucky win. I know Nebraska can beat Auburn.

Only a fool would say Nebraska has not improved this season. Next year it will be time to beat some top 10 teams.

Regardless of the Cotton Bowl result, the future is bright at Nebraska. Callahan and the coaching staff knows how to recruit. They need more time, maybe two more recruiting classes. Remember what Callahan had offensively when he arrived. He had to make dramatic changes.

I remember pretty distinctly that Callahack had a 9-3 team in pocket when he arrived.

Saulbadguy
12-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Callahans first year = 5-6, after inheriting a 9-3 team.
Princes first year = 7-5, after inheriting a 5-6 team.

I like our future.

Nebraska will be be fringe Top 25/20 for awhile, but they will never "restore the order" like the fans say they will. Tom Osborne left because the formation of the Big XII basically ****ed his system of allowing partial qualifiers to play for NU. One of the conditions of the formation was to stop that rule. Osborne was the only one who voted against the formation, and one year later, he retires. Surprise surprise, NU can't cheat, NU can't win at the level they are used to.

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2006, 09:53 PM
I'd like to add that you shouldn't call out NU fans who have been here all year AFTER your team wins.

This has to be a trailer dwelling relative of skip's.

PastorMikH
12-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Overall a pretty weekend to support teams wearing red.

It could have been better. However, my teams were 1 and 1.

Sam Hall
12-07-2006, 10:23 PM
I remember pretty distinctly that Callahack had a 9-3 team in pocket when he arrived.

You really think Joe Dailey could run the west coast offense? You really think Callahan inherited players who could run the WCO? The offense was awful when Callahan arrived. The offensive line was autrocious and had no depth. The wide receivers had little talent. The Blackshirts carried the team to 9-3 before Callahan arrived. Dailey couldn't even run Solich's offense. The kid was afraid to take a hit.

I've stated my case. You would have to be blind not to see the offensive improvement under Callahan. Logic doesn't work when it comes to biased Kansas State fans who hate Nebraska.

Sam Hall
12-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Osborne retired because of health concerns.

Bugeater
12-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Um, did Prince completely change the offensive philosophy of his team?

Nebraska will be be fringe Top 25/20 for awhile, but they will never "restore the order" like the fans say they will. Tom Osborne left because the formation of the Big XII basically ****ed his system of allowing partial qualifiers to play for NU. One of the conditions of the formation was to stop that rule. Osborne was the only one who voted against the formation, and one year later, he retires. Surprise surprise, NU can't cheat, NU can't win at the level they are used to.
Well, in reality we're at the level the Osborne was during the most of his tenure. 9 or 10 wins, but can't win the big one. The "cheat" blast was good though.

ChiTown
12-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Um, did Prince completely change the offensive philosophy of his team?

Are you serious?

We went from the Power I with a running qb to the West Coast Offense. I'd say that's a slight change..........

Bugeater
12-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Are you serious?

We went from the Power I with a running qb to the West Coast Offense. I'd say that's a slight change..........
Mouth open, foot inserted.

supercoupe91
12-08-2006, 06:05 PM
I'd like to add that you shouldn't call out NU fans who have been here all year AFTER your team wins.

This has to be a trailer dwelling relative of skip's.

Dude,

Nebraska fans knew they weren't winning this game before it started. Ask them, they will tell you. I listen to their games on 810 am and their radio color guy basically said that they were tougher and would pound us in the cold weather.

I'm not calling out Husker fans, though I am a Sooner, I believe NU has the classiest fan base of any team in any sport. Nothing but respect for them.

Hope to see them in San Antonio next year for a repeat performance.

Gonzo
12-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Suckers husk and vice versa.

sedated
12-08-2006, 08:32 PM

who said anything about K-f*cking-State?

Anyong Bluth
12-08-2006, 08:37 PM
I have a serious ?.

Does anyone become a Neb fan that doesn't come from that state or have some tie. Unlike Duke or UNC for instance, that have a general following, I've never met a Neb fan that doesn't have some tie to the state!?

Gonzo
12-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Has anyone heard the radio broadcast for NU? Jesus H. Christ....You'd think that they just won the national championship with each play over 7 yards. I literally throw up in my mouth every time I have to listen to Jim Rose and Adrian Fiala. Both those guys are huge douche bags.

alanm
12-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Has anyone heard the radio broadcast for NU? Jesus H. Christ....You'd think that they just won the national championship with each play over 7 yards. I literally throw up in my mouth every time I have to listen to Jim Rose and Adrian Fiala. Both those guys are huge douche bags.
Then don't listen. :shake:

Gonzo
12-08-2006, 08:48 PM
I have a serious ?.

Does anyone become a Neb fan that doesn't come from that state or have some tie. Unlike Duke or UNC for instance, that have a general following, I've never met a Neb fan that doesn't have some tie to the state!?

Yeah, no sh!*... When I was a kid I lived in Omaha, when I moved to Wichita I used to root for NU until I moved back and had to live with these people. What a bunch of loosers. Their whole life is tied around how this team does.

I actually heard a disturbing fact a few years ago... The domestic abuse rate in western Nebraska actually goes up by 15% on days in which the Huskers lose.

I know I get pissed off as hell when the Chiefs lose but I usually don't go slapping the old lady around because of it.

Saulbadguy
12-08-2006, 08:49 PM
I have a serious ?.

I've never met a Nebraska fan that DOES have some tie to the state. They are just Kansans who didn't want to root for KU or KSU when they were growing up because they didn't win. Of course, they are "diehard" Husker fans.

alanm
12-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah, no sh!*... When I was a kid I lived in Omaha, when I moved to Wichita I used to root for NU until I moved back and had to live with these people. What a bunch of loosers. Their whole life is tied around how this team does.

I actually heard a disturbing fact a few years ago... The domestic abuse rate in western Nebraska actually goes up by 15% on days in which the Huskers lose.

I know I get pissed off as hell when the Chiefs lose but I usually don't go slapping the old lady around because of it.
That's funny I live in Western Ne and am retired law enforcement and that's news to me. :hmmm:

Saulbadguy
12-08-2006, 08:51 PM
He calls himself "Rosie". Complete douchebag. His Josh Freeman meltdown is hilarious.

http://129.130.129.23:7070/archives/ksufb/fb2006/roseblows.wma

Anyong Bluth
12-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Translation= alanm isn't doing his job or turning a blind eye for his buds

Saulbadguy
12-08-2006, 08:53 PM
That's funny I live in Western Ne and am retired law enforcement and that's news to me. :hmmm:
You and 3 other people.

Gonzo
12-08-2006, 08:54 PM

I didn't say it was true but I did hear it on 1110 about 4 yrs. ago. (I would'nt doubt it)

alanm
12-08-2006, 08:57 PM
You and 3 other people.
Here legally anyway. :)

Sam Hall
12-08-2006, 09:32 PM
I have a serious ?.

I don't have any ties to the state. I've liked the team for a long time and enjoy going to Lincoln.

Sam Hall
12-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Rose and Fiala get excited like all the other announcers across the country.

Gonzo
12-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Rose and Fiala get excited like all the other announcers across the country.

What are you smoking?

Have you heard Rose? I mean really?? It's like armageddon.

I thought he was having a corinary a couple weeks ago against Colorado.
It was very similar to the mating call of an African Spider Monkey.

Sam Hall
12-08-2006, 09:50 PM
What are you smoking?

Have you heard Rose? I mean really?? It's like armageddon.

I thought he was having a corinary a couple weeks ago against Colorado.
It was very similar to the mating call of an African Spider Monkey.

Listen to other college radio announcers. They all get animated.

Sam Hall
12-08-2006, 09:58 PM
You wouldn't hear Rose talking over 80,000 people at Memorial Stadium and other places if he were using a regular tone. It would be boring, and radio announcers can't be boring.

Bugeater
12-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Then don't listen. :shake:
Yeah, I find it odd that someone who hates Nebraska would be listening to the radio broadcasts. With that said, Rose is unbearable. I'd rather listen to an opposing team's broadcast.

Bugeater
12-08-2006, 11:04 PM
That is complete bullshit.

Bugeater
12-08-2006, 11:05 PM
I've never met a Nebraska fan that DOES have some tie to the state.
Was that guy I met at the CP Bash tailgate just posing as you then?

alanm
12-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Yeah, I find it odd that someone who hates Nebraska would be listening to the radio broadcasts. With that said, Rose is unbearable. I'd rather listen to an opposing team's broadcast.
Rose doesn't bother me all that much. I'd rather they had Pavelka back and Rose sent back to the sidelines. No one will ever replace Bremser. :thumb:

Sam Hall
12-09-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm glad Bowman didn't pull a Cromartie and head to the NFL. I like the look of next year's team on both sides of the ball.

Auburn is a tough matchup. They beat Florida. Auburn might be the best team NU has played, which is saying something. Playing in Dallas gives the coaches a chance to recruit Texas, which they have done very well for this year's class.

Bugeater
12-09-2006, 12:44 AM
I'm glad Bowman didn't pull a Cromartie and head to the NFL. I like the look of next year's team on both sides of the ball.

Auburn is a tough matchup. They beat Florida. Auburn might be the best team NU has played, which is saying something. Playing in Dallas gives the coaches a chance to recruit Texas, which they have done very well for this year's class.
I wish I was as optimistic. The defense was a disappointment this year, mostly due to injuries in places we could least afford them. Some of it's coaching though, I'd like to see our corners actually cover a guy instead just face-guarding. I'd also like to see Callahan's offense actually do something against a defense that's worth a shit too. I can't even say anything good about the special teams, they were highly unimpressive as well.