PDA

View Full Version : Marino's Comments on Warren Moon?

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Given that racially insensitive remarks usually create a media feeding frenzy, doesn't that strike you as strange?

Anyone think HBO should fire Marino? :shrug: (ATTENTION: Parody Thread.....Satire....ahead....)

T.I.C. ...Did you guys hear, on the NFL on HBO....Marino was asked why Michael Vick isn't having more success in the NFL,and in the process he made some contoversial comments about Warren Moon.... Marino said Moon was a good athlete but was also obviously quite bright, then suggested that must mean he had an ancestor who is white.

"Warren doesn't look like he's that type that is just an athlete," Marino said of Moon. "But he is an athlete who can, you know, think too. He is, man. I don't know if some white relatives down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'suburbs or something went down."

Collinsworth tried to suggest to Marino that he shouldn't go there, but Marino was having none of it, continuing:

"If great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandpa pulled one of them young black girls up out of the barn, 'Come on in here for a second,' you know, and they go out and work in the yard. You know, back in the day." I don't particularly enjoy watching Marino on HBO, but I also don't think he's as bad a guy as he's often made out to be....

Having said all that, I'm a little surprised that we haven't heard much of anything about these comments. Although Pro Football Talk has mentioned this (http://profootballtalk.com/WeekElevenTenPack.htm), a Google News search shows that no mainstream media outlet has (http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B2GGGL_enUS176&oe=UTF-8&tab=wn&scoring=d&q=%22michael+irvin%22+%22tony+romo%22+%22dan+patrick%22&btnG=Search+News).

Given that racially insensitive remarks usually create a media feeding frenzy, doesn't that strike you as strange?

THEN, read this link:

:hmmm:

http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2006/11/22/michael-irvin-says-tony-romos-athleticism-is-due-to-black-ances/

Phobia
12-07-2006, 02:33 PM
If he said that, he should be fired. No doubt about it.

Donger
12-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Anyone think HBO should fire Marino? :shrug:

T.I.C.

Did you guys hear, on the NFL on HBO....Marino was asked why Michael Vick isn't having more success in the NFL,and in the process he made some contoversial comments about Warren Moon....

<DIV>

Wow. Where did you get that?

Sure-Oz
If that was said, Cya Marino, you moron. I am curious what Cris Carter had to say after that.

KcMizzou
What an amazingly stupid thing to say. Wow.

If true, I'd think it'd get about as much press as Michael Richard's meltdown.

Mr. Kotter
Wow. Where did you get that?

http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2006/11/22/michael-irvin-says-tony-romos-athleticism-is-due-to-black-ances/

ROYC75
12-07-2006, 02:35 PM
OMG, open mouth insert foot........ Good Bye plush job Dan.

tk13
12-07-2006, 02:36 PM
If he said that, he's obviously responding to Michael Irvin. Technically, what Michael Irvin said wasn't right either, and he might be trying to draw attention to it, but he's just not going to win that battle.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2006, 02:37 PM
"I have a new nickname, DUMMY!"

Donger
12-07-2006, 02:37 PM

Oh. Well, that's okay then.

Anyong Bluth
12-07-2006, 02:38 PM
That's what Michael Irvin said verbatim about Romo just that he flipped the races... this isn't jiving or is someone trying to prove a point that its a double standard...

Either way, Moon can take out his black rage on his wife

chagrin
12-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Kotter, excellent link

geesh, I am totally confused now, I just read this stuff real quick then posted. Guess I picked the worng week to stop sniffing glue

Sure-Oz
12-07-2006, 02:39 PM
That's what Michael Irvin said verbatim about Romo just that he flipped the races... this isn't jiving or is someone trying to prove a point that its a double standard...

Either way, Moon can take out his black rage on his wife
Black Rage? don't all men beat their wives?? :shake:

KcMizzou
12-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Blah... This is just an experiment by Kotter.

Had me going for a sec...

Valid point.

MichaelH
12-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Marino must have been dizzy from his diet.

:)

Mr. Kotter
Blah... This is just an experiment by Kotter.

Had me going for a sec...

Valid point.

So, should Marino be fired? ;)

Phobia
Oh - I get it now.

Yeah - there's a double standard. Some black folks feel entitled to say whatever they want to say. If Marino had said something comparable, Rev. Sharpton would be camping out at HBO HQ until Marino's ticket got punched. There's no doubt about it.

Sure-Oz
You bastard, Kotter.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 02:41 PM
You bastard, Kotter.

:D

Hammock Parties
Kotter, stop stealing your thread ideas from me.

Mr. Kotter
Kotter, stop stealing your thread ideas from me.
:shrug:

If it's true though, it kind of scares me.... :spock:

KcMizzou
12-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Marino's going to sue you.

vailpass
12-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Nice one Kotter; clever way to get your meaning across. The first 4 or 5 responses here completely proved your point.
Sometimes Michael Irvin just makes me want to say "****** please".

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Marino's going to sue you.

Eh, can't get blood from a turnip. ;)

StcChief
12-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Jimmy The Greek move but...

The PC folks need to get past themselves.

Find something real to whine about.

Rooster
12-07-2006, 03:07 PM
"Dan Marino should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell ... would you like a cookie?" - Ray Finkle's mom

Rooster
12-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Dan Marino was drafted after his senior year in high school in 1979 by the Kansas City Royals.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0547755/bio

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Black announcer says:

"Look at that white boy run. He must have some blood in him somewhere"

People would just laugh. I have had it with the double standard in this country.

Redrum_69
12-07-2006, 03:26 PM
A friend of mines mom claimed to have sex with Bart Starr back in ninteen dickety two...

Radar Chief
12-07-2006, 03:41 PM
"Dan Marino should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell ... would you like a cookie?" - Ray Finkle's mom

:LOL: Laces out!

Calcountry
12-07-2006, 03:42 PM

Anyone think HBO should fire Marino? :shrug: (ATTENTION: Parody Thread.....Satire....ahead....)

T.I.C. ...Did you guys hear, on the NFL on HBO....Marino was asked why Michael Vick isn't having more success in the NFL,and in the process he made some contoversial comments about Warren Moon....I don't particularly enjoy watching Marino on HBO, but I also don't think he's as bad a guy as he's often made out to be....

Having said all that, I'm a little surprised that we haven't heard much of anything about these comments. Although Pro Football Talk has mentioned this (http://profootballtalk.com/WeekElevenTenPack.htm), a Google News search shows that no mainstream media outlet has (http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B2GGGL_enUS176&oe=UTF-8&tab=wn&scoring=d&q=%22michael+irvin%22+%22tony+romo%22+%22dan+patrick%22&btnG=Search+News).

THEN, read this link:

Please read the book, "Animal Farm", then get back to me.

Rain Man
12-07-2006, 03:42 PM
What should happen:

1. People continue laughing at Michael Irvin, one of the stupidest drug users on the planet.
2. Irvin gets fired not for this, but for being a bad announcer in general.

What will happen:

1. Smart white people will shift uncomfortably in their chairs.
2. Smart black people will shift uncomfortably in their chairs.
3. Stupid white people will burn a cross in some poor black guy's front yard.
4. Stupid black people will laugh and talk about how Michael Irvin is right, and then get mad because some stupid white people burned a cross in someone's yard.
5. Sally Hemings' descendants will post it on their web site and add it to their lawsuit about something or other.
6. Some bad website will link to Mr. Kotter's story.
7. Some bad newspaper will write an article based on the link.
8. An intern at the New York Times will steal the story from the bad newspaper.
9. Jesse Jackson, Jesse Jackson's illegitimate children, and Al Sharpton will condemn Dan Marino.
10. Dan Marino will sue the everlasting heck out of Mr. Kotter.

wutamess
12-07-2006, 03:44 PM
In all fairness... Perceived athleticism is completely different from being perceived stupid and/or dumb.

I see the double standard but it's not as bad as the stereotype that blacks are dumber than whites.

Saying blacks are more athletically inclined than whites has been proven.

Before some of you RHODES scholars and career college students tend to disagree... what sport hasn't been dominated by minorities when the interest is there or given a chance?

Hell, Notre Dame's AD or coach says he needs to get some blacks in his program and everyone has a freaking fit. Lets call a spade a spade and cut out the sensitivity.

I believe the reason KU hasn't been winning Championships on the hardwood is because of the lack of black athletes. Of course there's Langsford, Gooden, Rush, Wright and Miles... but other than them, that's basically it.

It takes a bungh of hungry ass N's to dominate on the court and anything else you're putting your program at a HUGE disadvantage.

Flame away... I'm only being real.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Please read the book, "Animal Farm", then get back to me.
Read it. But it's been 25 years....

Ever read "A Modest Proposal"?

jAZ
12-07-2006, 03:47 PM
I see 30 stories on Google at the link provided including stories published by
* USA Today
* Tucson Citizen
* Miami Herald
* Austin American-Statesman
* Toronto Star
* San Diego Union Tribune
* San Jose Mercury News
* Cincinnati Enquirer
* Chicago Tribune
* The Chattanoogan
* SportingNews.com
* San Francisco Chronicle
* Minneapolis Star Tribune
* BlackAthlete.net
* Sacramento Bee
* Los Angeles Daily News
* Washington Times

I didn't see anything by ESPN.

MahiMike
12-07-2006, 03:47 PM
They should fire Marino for being boring alone. He's an ex-jock with no communication skills. Just a step up from Montana. That's the whole problem with all these jocks moving straight to the booth. There's very little professionalism anymore. Sure they're experts on their given sport but what do they know about broadcasting?

Halfcan
12-07-2006, 03:48 PM
It is a joke- everybody needs to get over the race thing. Moon is a dumbass wifebeater anyway.

Phobia
I see the double standard but it's not as bad as the stereotype that blacks are dumber than whites.

Before some of you road scholars

You were sayin?

Radar Chief
What should happen:

1. People continue laughing at Michael Irvin, one of the stupidest drug users on the planet.
2. Irvin gets fired not for this, but for being a bad announcer in general.

What will happen:

1. Smart white people will shift uncomfortably in their chairs.
2. Smart black people will shift uncomfortably in their chairs.
3. Stupid white people will burn a cross in some poor black guy's front yard.
4. Stupid black people will laugh and talk about how Michael Irvin is right, and then get mad because some stupid white people burned a cross in someone's yard.
5. Sally Hemings' descendants will post it on their web site and add it to their lawsuit about something or other.
6. Some bad website will link to Mr. Kotter's story.
7. Some bad newspaper will write an article based on the link.
8. An intern at the New York Times will steal the story from the bad newspaper.
9. Jesse Jackson, Jesse Jackson's illegitimate children, and Al Sharpton will condemn Dan Marino.
10. Dan Marino will sue the everlasting heck out of Mr. Kotter.

Sue’im for what? Kotter’s a teacher. It’s not like’s roll’n ‘round town in an Apricot Beemer. ;)

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 03:50 PM
In all fairness... Perceived athleticism is completely different from being perceived stupid and/or dumb.

Saying blacks are more athletically inclined than whites has been proven.

Before some of you road scholars and life long students tend to disagree... what sport hasn't been dominated by minorities when the interest is there or given a chance?

Hell Notre Dame's AD or coach says he needs to get some blacks in his program and everyone has a freaking fit. Lets call a spade a spade and cout out the sensitivity.

I believe the reason KU hasn't been winning Championships on the court is because of the lack of black atheletes. Of course there's Langsford, Gooden, Rush, Wright and Miles... but other than them that's basically it.

It takes a bungh of hungry ass N's to dominate on the court and anything else you're putting your program at a HUGE disadvantage.

Flame away... I'm only being real.

Thanks. I appreciate your candor. Seriously. :clap:

Gentlemen? Shall we discuss......?

:spock:

STFU:eek::doh!:OMFGWTFBBQ? STFU:eek::doh!:

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 03:51 PM
You were sayin?

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that....

ROFLROFLROFL

KcMizzou
12-07-2006, 03:52 PM
You were sayin?
:doh!:

wutamess
12-07-2006, 03:52 PM
You were sayin?
There's always some smart asshole out of the bunch.
Then again... the stereotype may be true afterall.

DJJasonp
12-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Just for the record:

AP's college basketball player of the year

2006: JJ Reddick
2005: Andrew Bogut

The white man is on a roll!!!!! :)

Phobia
12-07-2006, 03:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone else noticed that....

ROFLROFLROFL

I might be the only moron able to get away with that, maybe. Wutamess is my brutha. I could really give a rip what color somebody is. I make fun of that ridiculous trash all the time. You should hear us out at our football saturdays. It's a lot of fun.

Donger
12-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Before some of you ROGUE scholars

I was a rogue scholar.

* EDIT - Please say that you're kidding.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 03:59 PM
I might be the only moron able to get away with that, maybe. Wutamess is my brutha. I could really give a rip what color somebody is. I make fun of that ridiculous trash all the time. You should hear us out at our football saturdays. It's a lot of fun.

I hear you. I wish I were 10 years younger and 50 lbs lighter.....so I could join you guys a weekend or two a year, and play LBer. :)

It sounds like you guys have a blast out there. From what I've seen and read wutamess seems like a good egg. Hell, if I were to show up....he and I would probably be the only ones out there with any sense of rhythym.

Right now, all I could do is a pretty good Ryan Sims immitation. :(

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2006, 03:59 PM

As bad? All shades of gray. Racism is BS in general. The double standard is huge all the way around from jokes to name calling to issues like this.

tk13
12-07-2006, 04:00 PM
I was a rogue scholar.

Is that someone who specializes in X-men knowledge?

jAZ
12-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Shockingly, ESPN has zero stories on Irvin's comments, but 1 reporting on his apology and 1 commentary by ESPN's Ombudsman.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2677581

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=solomon_george&id=2681869

Donger
12-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Is that someone who specializes in X-men knowledge?

The only requisite was owning a puffy pirate shirt.

wutamess
12-07-2006, 04:03 PM
I was a rogue scholar.

Third times a charm... I honestly didn't know it was rhodes.
Looking back at it I'm still lmao.

Anyhow, I can blame that on not having a father or mother when I was young. Can you help me reconnect with my parents?

Halfcan
12-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Who said black people are not smart-they were able to steal other peoples music, talk a bunch of nonsense made up words in a microphone, call, it Rap-and make millions.

Halfcan
12-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh shit I shouldnt have posted that! Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are at my door. My apology will be on Letterman later.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 04:09 PM

Anyhow, I can blame that on not having a father or mother when I was young. Can you help me reconnect with my parents?
Attachment therapy, dude. :hmmm:

It's where they wrap you tightly in a few of blankets while you are in the fetal position, then they have some fatass like me sit on you for a few hours while you rest, and go through a "rebirth".....as you emerge from the "womb"....you are then able to, newly born, form the healthy attachments you've been unable to make during your life.

And then you can become a Road (or Rhode) Scholar too.... :thumb:

;)

MVChiefFan
12-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Who said black people are not smart-they were able to steal other peoples music, talk a bunch of nonsense made up words in a microphone, call, it Rap-and make millions.

They're clearly smarter than you, you talk a bunch of nonsense and don't make a red cent from it.

Halfcan
12-07-2006, 04:12 PM
They're clearly smarter than you, you talk a bunch of nonsense and don't make a red cent from it.

True and since I have not shot anyone in a drive by, my street Cred sucks too.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 04:13 PM

Hmmmm....I'm thinking of stopping by KFC on the way home, and picking up a watermellon at the farmer's market.

Seriously.

Phobia
12-07-2006, 04:14 PM

If you were smarter you'd have never admitted that.

KcMizzou
12-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Random, commas are, fun.

stevieray
12-07-2006, 04:17 PM
....he and I would probably be the only ones out there with any sense of rhythym.
(

what a load of crap.

Phobia
12-07-2006, 04:18 PM

Can we please pretend that Mr. Duke never made this post and continue with the semi-intelligent conversation we were having?

Rooster
12-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Attachment therapy, dude. :hmmm:

It's where they wrap you tightly in a few of blankets while you are in the fetal position and go through a "rebirth".....as you emerge from the "womb"....you are then able to, newly born, form the healthy attachments you've been unable to make during your life.

Something like this Mr Kotter? :)

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 04:20 PM
what a load of crap.

Okay, there would be three of us: wutamess, me, and stevieray.... :shrug:

I know you are more tightly wound about this topic than I am, but it's a joke, stevie..... ;)

stevieray
12-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Okay, there would be three of us: wutamess, me, and stevieray.... :shrug:

I know you are more tightly wound about this topic than I am, but it's a joke, stevie..... ;)

not all "black" people are athletes, or singers, or good dancers...gasp...just like "white" people.

Halfcan
12-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Can we please pretend that Mr. Duke never made this post and continue with the semi-intelligent conversation we were having?

It was a joke, I love African Americans, blacks, brothas, coloreds, rappers, tupac, Jesse Jackson and Buckwheat.

Halfcan
12-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Where would the USA Olympic Basketball team be without African Americans....... white boys can't jump.

BucEyedPea
12-07-2006, 04:27 PM
The only requisite was owning a puffy pirate shirt.
Yummm...pirates with British accents! Better than that Jean Lafitte guy! :p

Valiant
12-07-2006, 04:29 PM
If he said that, he's obviously responding to Michael Irvin. Technically, what Michael Irvin said wasn't right either, and he might be trying to draw attention to it, but he's just not going to win that battle.

Bingo...

Nothing will happen of it, I am sure the others on the show knew it was going to happen...

Granted I did not read the thread... But instantly the Irvin thing popped up in my head..

good job...

KcMizzou
12-07-2006, 04:29 PM
It was a joke, I love African Americans, blacks, brothas, coloreds, rappers, tupac, Jesse Jackson and Buckwheat.
http://www.novell.com/coolblogs/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/footmouth.gif

Phobia
12-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Bingo...

Nothing will happen of it, I am sure the others on the show knew it was going to happen...

Now you're skewing the data that says whites are smarter. Jeesh. Way to go.

Phobia
12-07-2006, 04:32 PM

Some of my best friends are black.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Everyone on the internet is white until proven otherwise.

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2006, 04:39 PM
The more we make race an issue the more of an issue it will become.

wutamess
12-07-2006, 04:40 PM

Per Phil's request... back to semi-intelligent.

Even though this post is supposedly a joke... I honetsly believe that you think this to be the case. Let's assume you're right on this one. At the same time... lets assume that Rock & Roll as well as other forms of music are derivitives of Jazz, R&B, & Blues.

Let's also assume Elvis made his MILLIONS doing the same thing that you're accusing rappers of. Let's assume Chuck Berry was the first REAL Rock & Roller. See where I'm heading with this?

Please don't post stupid ideology that could encourage others to feel/think the same way as your "joke".

Having said that, I don't like most rap myself and that's what I grew up on & still exclusively listen to today. Still, even though I dislike what they're doing, I can't /won't knock their hustle. Who am I to judge?

Think about it... If Mike Jones (Houston rapper) can make millions of $'s by making a song about his name & one of his songs is nothing but some guy saying suck my dicc (and that's mostly the entire song), why can't you (or I) be more innovative & figure out how we can do the same thing.

Can't knock their hustle even though I don't care for it. Can't blame them.

Halfcan
12-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Some of my best friends are black.

Cool, can you get me some crack.

KcMizzou
12-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Cool, can you get me some crack.Jesus, man.

WTF?

:shake:

wutamess
12-07-2006, 04:43 PM
The more we make race an issue the more of an issue it will become.

That's the truth... The more people get offended by it it'll also still be an issue.

Solution... we all need to become ignorant again.
I already have a head start.

Halfcan
12-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Per Phil's request... back to semi-intelligent.

Even though this post is supposedly a joke... I honetsly believe that you think this to be the case. Let's assume you're right on this one. At the same time... lets assume that Rock & Roll as well as other forms of music are derivitives of Jazz, R&B, & Blues.

Let's also assume Elvis made his MILLIONS doing the same thing that you're accusing rappers of. Let's assume Chuck Berry was the first REAL Rock & Roller. See where I'm heading with this?

Please don't post stupid ideology that could encourage others to feel/think the same way as your "joke".

Having said that, I don't like most rap myself and that's what I grew up on & still exclusively listen to today. Still, even though I dislike what they're doing, I can't /won't knock their hustle. Who am I to judge?

Think about it... If Mike Jones (Houston rapper) can make millions of $'s by making a song about his name & one of his songs is nothing but some guy saying suck my dicc (and that's mostly the entire song), why can't you (or I) be more innovative & figure out how we can do the same thing.

Can't knock their hustle even though I don't care for it. Can't blame them.

Well to be technical about it-Elvis learned music from a black man playing his guitar on the corner. You need to send this to Opra-she seems to have a problem with rap too.

And like I said it was a joke.

wutamess
12-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Cool, can you get me some crack.

Actually, he's kinda funny.
I think it's because of his shock value.

Nothing like a practicing racist. They're quite entertaining. Unfortunately, it's because of their stupidity.

Halfcan
12-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Jesus, man.

WTF?

:shake:

Oh please- it was a joke, just like when you mention Independence or Missouri for that matter-people say cool can you hook me up with some Meth.

Oh yeah there is that double standard again-only whites do Meth.

Halfcan
12-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Actually, he's kinda funny.
I think it's because of his shock value.

Nothing like a practicing racist. They're quite entertaining. Unfortunately, it's because of their stupidity.

Sorry I am about as far away from a racist as you can get-I hate Nascar.

stevieray
12-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Well to be technical about it-Elvis learned music from a black man playing his guitar on the corner.

Wrong.

Elvis learned about music from Churches... black and white.

Elvis got it. Too bad so many others can't.

Halfcan
12-07-2006, 04:52 PM
That's the truth... The more people get offended by it it'll also still be an issue.

Solution... we all need to become ignorant again.
I already have a head start.

Its more of the media trying to over correct the situation with a unrealistic political correctness that will somehow make up for 300 years of slavery.

There are actually Two types of people in the USA- Rich and Poor-Poverty does not care what color you are.

Halfcan
12-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Wrong.

Elvis learned about music from Churches... black and white.

Elvis got it. Too bad so many others can't.

Well according to Sun Studio, he learned the blues from a black blues player when he was a kid and it stuck with him. Maybe it is BS??

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 04:56 PM
not all "black" people are athletes, or singers, or good dancers...gasp...just like "white" people.
That's what makes it a joke....the fact that it's not true; that it plays on stereotypes....that is, if one is educated and experienced in life--and that one knows them to be untrue.

As, MLK said, I long for a society....where we are judged not by the color of my skin, but by the content of our character.

I agree with Phil. I don't give a shit what color you are: even if you are blue, pink, or green. Who you are is what matters. It's the only thing that matters. Which is why I think highly of you, for example. (I'm serious, FTR.)

Unfortunately, it's double-standards like the one being applied to Irvin, not the silly stereotypes which make statements like the one I made a "joke"....that are the real symptoms of our inability to get past the whole race issue. I can separate the race from humor in my mind. I just don't walk on egg shells about the issue....

:shrug:

stevieray
12-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Well according to Sun Studio, he learned the blues from a black blues player when he was a kid and it stuck with him. Maybe it is BS??

Elvis wasn't even that great of a guitar player...he was much better piano player. In fact, his favorite thing to do was play piano and sing Gospel.

The owner of Sun Studios suggested he sing That's Alright Mama ..a song written for big mama thorton, after he had recorded other songs frst.

wutamess
12-07-2006, 05:05 PM

As one of my family members told another family member, "You might wanna stay outta this one".

Halfcan
12-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Well maybe the story of Elvis hearing his first blues on the corner as a kid is just one of those stories that sounds nice.

I wonder if the story of BB King hearing the blues from a white guy is true??

boogblaster
12-07-2006, 05:07 PM
If the shoe fits wear it....

JazzzLovr
12-07-2006, 05:09 PM
what a load of crap.

No kidding. I hear First Down Elvis has some incredibly unique and innovative dance moves when he incorporates nacho cheese into his act.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 05:33 PM
No kidding. I hear First Down Elvis has some incredibly unique and innovative dance moves when he incorporates nacho cheese into his act.

Based on personal experience, let me warn you....you probably ought to be more sensitive about this issue with stevie. I thought he was touchy about it, but I had no idea....:(

JazzzLovr
12-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Based on personal experience, let me warn you....you probably ought to be more sensitive about this issue with stevie. I thought he was touchy about it, but I had no idea....:(

Ooookay, maybe I should just go back and find that rock I'd been hiding under here recently, b/c this seems to be the second time today I've pretty much killed a thread by saying something stupid.....

Sorry, Stevie.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Ooookay, maybe I should just go back and find that rock I'd been hiding under here recently, b/c this seems to be the second time today I've pretty much killed a thread by saying something stupid.....

Sorry, Stevie.

Oh....it's not your fault....it's mine, if anyone's I guess. :shrug:

R&GHomer
12-07-2006, 05:59 PM
WOW, from Marino... Damn I never saw that coming. How ****ing stupid could you be. WOW

R&GHomer
12-07-2006, 06:05 PM
You were sayin?

You are one Witty SOB Phobia

Rain Man
12-07-2006, 06:06 PM
WOW, from Marino... Damn I never saw that coming. How ****ing stupid could you be. WOW

Um, just to be sure, if you look to his right you'll see Michael Irvin drinking a glass of water with his adam's apple moving.

Phobia
12-07-2006, 06:12 PM

Steve is touchy about some things, even with close friends. I say don't let his insecurities get in the way of giving him a hard time. He knows about his insecurity. He'll go mope it off and get over it tomorrow. Falling over the railing on some nacho cheese is an epic accomplishment at Arrowhead. If bringing that up hurts him, uh - that's a shame. Just don't talk about his lonely gonad. That's off-limits.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 06:27 PM
....Falling over the railing on some nacho cheese is an epic accomplishment at Arrowhead. If bringing that up hurts him, uh - that's a shame. Just don't talk about his lonely gonad. That's off-limits.

It wasn't the nacho cheese; it was the "tightly wound" comment I flippantly (and innocently, I thought--hell, I'm tightly wound about a lot of stuff....heh) directed his way....:shrug:

Which the lonely gonad helps to explain though. :hmmm:

:p

JK, Stevie!

KcMizzou
12-07-2006, 06:34 PM
It wasn't the nacho cheese; it was the "tightly wound" comment I flippantly (and innocently, I thought--hell, I'm tightly wound about a lot of stuff....heh) directed his way....:shrug:

Which the lonely gonad helps to explain though. :hmmm:

:p

JK, Stevie!You wouldn't think a guy who dresses up like Elvis would take himself too seriously.

R&GHomer
12-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Um, just to be sure, if you look to his right you'll see Michael Irvin drinking a glass of water with his adam's apple moving.

I hadn't heard about what Michael Irvin said until reading this thread. Still.... wow, Irvin is an idiot "given" but Marino should have known he couldn't win this battle.

Edit:

Steve slipped on some nachos and took a header over the rail at arrowhead? Didn't need to know about the nad, damn.

Started dating again and I miss everything.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 06:53 PM
.... wow, Irvin is an idiot "given" but Marino should have known he couldn't win this battle....

Psssssttttt......Marino DIDN'T actually "say" these things. Heh. :evil:

Phobia
12-07-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm thinking I should nip this one-nut rumor in the bud right now unless I want some nasty rumors floating around about me. Steve has both nuts to my knowledge. While I haven't personally verified, I hadn't heard otherwise.

I got him confused with another exotic dancer, Braincase.

R&GHomer
12-07-2006, 07:26 PM
:homer: DOH! Ok R&G put the crack pipe down and step away from the keyboard. You guys totally had me. Crap!

Thig Lyfe
12-07-2006, 07:43 PM
I find it funny how long it took for people to realize this was a spoof of Irvin's comments...

HemiEd
12-07-2006, 07:50 PM
I find it funny how long it took for people to realize this was a spoof of Irvin's comments...

My guess it is mostly people that did not click on the link. I read the thread header first and then clicked the link. Pretty clear after that I think.

Nice job Kotter!

Coach
12-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Laces out, bastard!

Hammock Parties
12-07-2006, 08:17 PM
I got both nuts.

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I got both nuts.

Phil told me you actually have not only both. But an extra. Tri-nut GoChiefs....he told me. ;)

Doesn't seem fair; some are left with one, and you get three.....

teedubya
12-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Heh, I posted this thread premise on my site www.timecheeze.com

:-p

BucEyedPea
12-07-2006, 10:27 PM
One of my sisters has three boobs...one just blends into the other making it bigger so it's not too weird. But there's three areoloas. :spock:

Mr. Kotter
12-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Heh, I posted this thread premise on my site www.timecheeze.com (http://www.timecheeze.com)

:-p

Cool. Maybe Dan will sue you instead of me. Heh. :p