PDA

View Full Version : AFC Wild Card Race, Part 1 of 4

Direckshun
12-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Two spots available. Five teams tied at 7-5 fighting for it.

Only two of them have shoo-ins. Cincinnati hosts the Raiders and the Jets visit Buffalo. Anybody have the stones to predict an upset in either game? Buffalo has been giving people hell, but I see absolutely nothing to jazz me for the Raiders.

Two of them face daunting challenges. Jacksonville has to stave off the Colts after the Colts' offense failed them against Tennessee. Denver visits San Diego for revenge, but I give Cutler no shot against that menacing San Diego front seven. Losses on the near horizon for both teams.

The only real tough guess in this pack are the Chiefs hosting Baltimore. Unless that locker room has kept its secrets well, this Chiefs team is emotionally reeling from its loss to the Browns, and the Ravens couldn't be any hotter with Billick calling the offensive shots. Can Arrowhead elevate them? With everything on the line, I sincerely believe so. But this is going to be a fierce scrape.

The way I'm picking this week, I see Buffalo rising out of the ashes of their dim season and defeating the Jets by about ten points.

This would leave Cincinnati and the Chiefs in the driver's seat; the other three falling hard.

How do you see the Wild Card race shaping up after this week?

cdcox
12-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Jets visit Buffalo.

I wish.

Rain Man
12-07-2006, 07:27 PM
I find myself rooting for the Raiders a lot this season. I feel dirty. Very dirty.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Buffalo could easily take out the Jets.

jidar
12-07-2006, 07:41 PM
buffalo has a handful of upsets at home every year.
They can beat the jets there

DMAC
12-07-2006, 07:48 PM
They can beat the jets thereThe Jets will fall.

cdcox
12-07-2006, 07:52 PM
They can beat the jets there

Jets are at home.

12-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Thread subscription completed :D