PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: All-Star NBA player "comes out" to family

jAZ
12-08-2006, 11:15 AM
At least one poster at the Arizona Wildcats board seems to think it's Richard Jefferson (former Cat). Who knows and on a personal level who cares. But if it's true, and if he were to make it public, that would be a huge story.

Whatever the facts here, I hope RJ is happy and continues to be successful and that any rumors/scrutiny doesn't affect his performance and happiness.

http://mediatakeout.com/Exclusives/NJNet_Gay.html

December 7. The NBA is about to be rocked by one of the biggest scandals in league history. MediaTakeOut.com has learned that a prominent member of the New Jersey Nets has admitted to his family that he's bisexual.

In an exclusive interview, MediaTakeOut.com spoke with a friend of the family who claims the player "came out" during a recent trip home. According to our source, "when [the player] came out of the closet, everyone was shocked ... we would always see pictures of him with models. No one suspected that he was into men."

And what's more shocking, tells our source, is that the NBA player has entered into a romantic relationship with one of his childhood friends. The tipster explains, "the two boys were friends since childhood ... when [the player] went to the NBA, he brought along [the friend] as a personal assistant." The tipster added, "I don't know how to feel, I love them both but something doesn't seem right about them being together like that."

And the source tells MediaTakeOut.com that the NBA star's relationship with his former pal appears to be serious. The source explains, "[the player] could have kept it quiet and nobody would have suspected. He came out because he wanted us to accept his relationship." The source added, "those two have been friends for many years .. if their relationship is anything like their friendship, its got to be serious."

The NBA player, who is African American, has been linked to a number of women in the past - all of whom are Caucasian. He is also known for enjoying the night life with his teammates and good friend Tyson Beckford.

For legal reasons, MediaTakeOut.com has decided not to print the name of the player.

Developing...

DMAC
12-08-2006, 11:19 AM
http://www.gothamist.com/images/2004_05_sjeffmart.jpg

DMAC
12-08-2006, 11:21 AM
ewww

http://www.guhsdaz.org/images/news/jersey1.jpg

jAZ
12-08-2006, 11:23 AM
ROFL

ChiTown
12-08-2006, 11:25 AM

I'm no expert in male gayness, but I think one of those guys will need to flip around in order to receive the full benefit from their partner.......

L.A. Chieffan
12-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Brokeback Wildcat?

jAZ
12-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Brokeback Wildcat?
:banghead: :)

DMAC
12-08-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm no expert in male gayness, but I think one of those guys will need to flip around in order to receive the full benefit from their partner.......They are just giving each other a quick "high two".

Mr. Kotter
12-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Someone tell me WHY we need to know anything about anyone's sex life?

WHY must we know? :shrug:

WHY do celebrities and famous people seem to have this need to tell the world about what they do in their bedroom fuggin' bedroom? I mean, seriously. I don't care. And most people I know don't give a rat's ass either. Why tell us?

Talk about real life attention whores and drama queens......:rolleyes:

Sheeesh....... :shake:

jAZ
12-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Someone tell me WHY we need to know anything about anyone's sex life?

WHY must we know? :shrug:

WHY do celebrities and famous people seem to have this need to tell the world about what they do in their bedroom fuggin' bedroom? I mean, seriously. I don't care. And most people I know don't give a rat's ass either. Why tell us?

Talk about real life attention whores and drama queens......:rolleyes:

Sheeesh....... :shakehead:
Whatever you do, make sure you never introduce anyone to your wife.

Demonpenz
12-08-2006, 12:05 PM
I used to be a fan of his, hopefully he gets treatment for his sickness

jAZ
12-08-2006, 12:11 PM
I used to be a fan of his, hopefully he gets treatment for his sickness
Did you give up being a fan of his because of an internet rumor?

kepp
12-08-2006, 12:12 PM
I bet he could do two guys at once.
http://www.bullshitjob.com/officespace/laurence.jpg

Mr. Kotter
12-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Whatever you do, make sure you never introduce anyone to your wife.Please. :rolleyes:

What a fuggin' reach in logic that is.

If somebody, in a private setting, introduces one's significant "other" to people in a social gathering, fine. But do we have to fuggin' make it a media event? Do they have to go on talk shows to discuss it ("it" being the primary reason for the discussion in the first place)?

Mentioning it in response to direct questions, briefly, fine. But what's with the damn obsession we seem to have what people do in their damn bedrooms though. Sheesh. :shake:

FAX
12-08-2006, 12:18 PM
I agree with Mr. Mr. Kotter in respect to going public with one's sexual preferences. It's a private matter.

It should be enough to allow players to bonk junk with their teammates on national tv.

FAX

Demonpenz
12-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Did you give up being a fan of his because of an internet rumor?

you know the saying where there's smoke there is chugging cock

jAZ
12-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Please, what a fuggin' reach in logic that is.

If somebody, in a private setting, introduces one's significant "other" to people in a social gathering, fine. But do we have to fuggin' make it a media event? Do they have to go on talk shows to discuss it ("it" being the primary reason for the discussion in the first place)?

Mentioning it in response to direct questions, briefly, fine. But what's with the damn obsession we seem to have what people do in their damn bedrooms though. Sheesh. :shakehead:
Maybe you aren't talking about the story of RJ then. We are talking about someone who's described as having come out to his family.

And be realistic here. In this case, it's the "media" (this blog) that's making it an event. And me I guess by posting it here.

Blame me for posting it before you blame the RJ like you did by saying: "WHY do celebrities and famous people seem to have this need to tell the world about what they do in their bedroom fuggin' bedroom?"

I'd be willing to bet that if this is accurate, RJ would much prefer that it just be a thing that isn't made an issue. That sort of distraction can't be helpful for a pro athelete trying to win games and play well.

Eleazar
12-08-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm picturing an old west movie, where Kotter and jAZ just start duking it out on a runaway train... the bridge is out up ahead, and the entire thing seems doomed to crash into a fireball in D.C. at any moment.

Is that Clayton Ravine up ahead? :eek:!

dj56dt58
12-08-2006, 12:21 PM
I bet he could do two guys at once.
http://www.bullshitjob.com/officespace/laurence.jpg
He's always been pretty good taking on double teams

Coach
12-08-2006, 12:24 PM
I agree with Mr. Kotter.

Please, for the LOVE OF GOD, KEEP THAT SHIT IN YOUR BEDROOM! JESUS!

I really don't need to hear crap like that. It's shit like that that makes me want to kick their ****ing asses up and down till doomsday.

Mr. Kotter
12-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Maybe you aren't talking about the story of RJ then. We are talking about someone who's described as having come out to his family.

And be realistic here. In this case, it's the "media" (this blog) that's making it an event. And me I guess by posting it here.

Blame me for posting it before you blame the RJ like you did by saying: "WHY do celebrities and famous people seem to have this need to tell the world about what they do in their bedroom fuggin' bedroom?"

I'd be willing to bet that if this is accurate, RJ would much prefer that it just be a thing that isn't made an issue. That sort of distraction can't be helpful for a pro athelete trying to win games and play well.

Fine, then. You're a dipshit. :D

So is his "relative" who is talking to the media about it.

So is the media who choose to talk about it.

And so is any celebrity or star who thinks the rest of us give a shit about whether they prefer tacos or sausages.

jAZ
12-08-2006, 12:28 PM
I agree with Mr. Mr. Kotter in respect to going public with one's sexual preferences. It's a private matter.

It should be enough to allow players to bonk junk with their teammates on national tv.

FAX
Well, its private up until you begin living your life and interacting as anyone else does with the outside world. As I was pointing out Kotter, take your every-day life (if you are married) and imagine all the points of contact where you go out and meet people as a couple. Going to the mall and shopping for clothes, going to Chili's for dinner, going dancing at a night club, going to the movies, going to the work holiday party, whatever.

Now figure out how to do those things if you are famous person who's on TV all the time and the media is always watching you. You have to choose, do you hide this stuff or do you do all the things you ever done (non-sexual) publicly. And because you are publicly recognizeable, people just notice you doing couple things with a man and and the media starts gossiping and that becomes a distraction from your performance and your teammates.

Then you are faced with the issue of getting it out in the open so you get get it over with and get the media scritiny off that part of your life once it's "old news".

Baby Lee
12-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Bisexual? So the question is, is not choosing a choice? ;)

jAZ
12-08-2006, 12:32 PM
And so is any celebrity or star who thinks the rest of us give a shit about whether they prefer tacos or sausages.
You have to admit that whether you want to know or not, gossip like this is hugely popular stuff. I'd re-direct this last one at the people who (unlike you) do care whether it's for gossipy reasons, gay agenda reasons, anti-gay agenda reasons, basketball fan reasons or profit reasons (media).

After that correction, I'd say the rest of your criticism seems pretty fair.

Mr. Kotter
12-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Well, its private up until you begin living your life and interacting as anyone else does with the outside world. As I was pointing out Kotter, take your every-day life (if you are married) and imagine all the points of contact where you go out and meet people as a couple. Going to the mall and shopping for clothes, going to Chili's for dinner, going dancing at a night club, going to the movies, going to the work holiday party, whatever.

Now figure out how to do those things if you are famous person who's on TV all the time and the media is always watching you. You have to choose, do you hide this stuff or do you do all the things you ever done (non-sexual) publicly. And because you are publicly recognizeable, people just notice you doing couple things with a man and and the media starts gossiping and that becomes a distraction from your performance and your teammates.

Then you are faced with the issue of getting it out in the open so you get get it over with and get the media scritiny off that part of your life once it's "old news".

You are missing the boat. I don't think anyone, including the media, ought to give a shit.

Mr. Kotter
12-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Bisexual? So the question is, is not choosing a choice? ;)What? Sexuality and preferences, either generally or at a point in time, involve choices? :spock:

No way, dude.

I'd forgotton how much that tune just rocks.... :rockon:

.There are those who think that life
Has nothing left to chance,
A host of holy horrors
To direct our aimless dance

A planet of playthings
We dance on the strings
Of powers we cannot perceive
"The stars aren't aligned -
Or the gods are malign"
Blame is better to give than receive.

You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear-
I will choose free will

There are those who think that
They've been dealt a losing hand,
The cards were stacked against them-
They weren't born in Lotus-Land

All pre-ordained
A prisoner in chains
A victim of venomous fate
Kicked in the face
You can pray for a place
In heaven's unearthly estate

In some celestial voice.
I will choose free will

Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends
On a fortune hunt
That's far too fleet.

In some celestial voice.
I will choose free will!!!

jAZ
12-08-2006, 12:39 PM
You are missing the boat. I don't think anyone, including the media, ought to give a shit.
I'm not, I understand that's how you feel. My point is that they do. The media is reacting to the public's interest. RJ (by coming out) would likely be doing so in order to get it over with and get back to playing basketball.

There may be some people who make a big deal about coming out to make a political point, and while I personaly don't have a problem with that, I understand if you and others would be completely pissed at that. But if an active all-star pro athelete were to do so, I'd imagine more often than not it would merely be the fastest way to get it out of the headlines and the collective conciousness.

FAX
12-08-2006, 12:52 PM
Darn good points, Mr. jAZ. Well conceived and articulated.

I suppose sports is one of the few areas of our society in which gayishness has yet to be accepted as inevitable by the public at large. Maybe it's all that group showering, I don't know.

For that reason, once the media get their hands on a big story like this, they blow it up in order to present it as hard news. So, if a male professional athlete is noticed holding hands with another man in public, that's considered newsworthy today.

In an ideal world, it wouldn't be.

FAX

jAZ
12-08-2006, 12:54 PM
In an ideal world, it wouldn't be.
I suspect that this is a point that a whole lot of people would agree upon. Not everyone, but a lot.

Adept Havelock
12-08-2006, 12:56 PM

FAX

ROFL

I quite agree with both Mr. Fax and Mr. Mr. Kotter.

:hmmm: Mr. Mr. Kotter. Wasn't that an eighties band?

SBK
12-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Bi's are selfish, they want everyone.

jAZ
12-08-2006, 01:04 PM
:hmmm: Mr. Mr. Kotter. Wasn't that an eighties band?
Rush