PDA

View Full Version : Add two players to each side of the ball...

CupidStunt
12-08-2006, 01:09 PM
...to help us in our push for the playoffs this season.

My choices ~

Defense: DT Jamal Williams; DT Kevin Williams
Offense: LT Walter Jones; WR Andre Johnson

Ecto-I
12-08-2006, 01:17 PM
And how pray tell are we going to get these players this season?

Hootie
12-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Awesome thread!

Brock
12-08-2006, 01:20 PM

LMAO

CupidStunt
12-08-2006, 01:21 PM

:thumb:

StcChief
12-08-2006, 01:38 PM
This is a yearly excuse.

9/11 of each is what we have

Rooster
12-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Can I choose Plummer twice? :)

CupidStunt
12-08-2006, 01:52 PM
This is a yearly excuse.

9/11 of each is what we have

It's not really an excuse. We need a lot more players than that.

It's more to see what 2 positions people would address, and who they would then choose to play that position.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Ed Reed, Jamal Williams on D

On O: Torry "Big Game" Holt, Walter Jones

chagrin
12-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Why not just take John Runyan and Walter Jones or Hutchinson and never throw again?

penguinz
12-08-2006, 02:32 PM
What is the point of this thread?

StcChief
12-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Lets See the FA available and how this year plays out.....(us out of playoffs).

I'm hoping for a real #1 WR, OT for the O.
and DTs for the D.

noa
12-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Defense: John Henderson and Julius Peppers
Offense: Walter Jones and Reggie Wayne

CupidStunt
12-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Defense: John Henderson and Julius Peppers
Offense: Walter Jones and Reggie Wayne

I considered Wayne also but figured Green could get the best out of Johnson's freakish talent.

Peppers I like but I wouldn't add a player at our strongest position, and I don't consider him so much better than Jamal Williams to do so.

What is the point of this thread?

What is the point to any thread? It's sure as hell prone to instigate more discussion than half of the chit on this forum

Come to think of it, what the f*ck is the point in your reply?

penguinz
12-08-2006, 03:46 PM
What the world needs now, is another folk singer...

noa
12-08-2006, 03:48 PM
I considered Wayne also but figured Green could get the best out of Johnson's freakish talent.

Peppers I like but I wouldn't add a player at our strongest position, and I don't consider him so much better than Jamal Williams to do so.

I agree with you about Andre Johnson. I just listed Wayne cause you already listed Johnson. Either way, I'd be happy.
As for Peppers, I'm just imagining a line of Peppers, Jared Allen, John Henderson, and Ron Edwards/James Reed. Hali can come in every now and then to relieve Allen or Peppers, but Peppers could rush the passer, drop back in coverage, block field goals, be a 3rd tight end...

PastorMikH
12-08-2006, 03:50 PM
On the D, we should put Pollard in. While the other players are locking on to the person they are supposed to cover, he will be free to wreak havoc by smashing people with noone to block him.

On O I'm torn. Having 3 TEs would be handy with the way our O-Line has been, but having 3 WRs, Tony, LJ and Bennet on the field at the same time really opens the options up.

The only problem I see is I don't think the NFL will let us line up 12 players against our opponent's 11 players in our last 4 games.

CupidStunt
12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
The only problem I see is I don't think the NFL will let us line up 12 players against our opponent's 11 players in our last 4 games.

But maybe 13. :hmmm:

Chief Chief
12-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Offense: Any 2 Pro Bowl-caliber offensive linemen
Defense: Champ Bailey & any Pro Bowl-caliber DE

penguinz
12-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Offense: Any 2 Pro Bowl-caliber offensive linemen
Defense: Champ Bailey & any Pro Bowl-caliber DEWTF? We have Allen and Hali. Why do we need another DE? hopefully you meant DT.

Chief Chief
12-08-2006, 04:02 PM
And just how many sacks did Tamba & Jared have against the worthless Clevelend O-line? Hmmmm? The long answer: Not anywhere close enough to be even considered for a Pro Bowl.

Our 2 "B" team DTs are doing a better job than anyone expected..

But, if I weren't allowed to change out a DE, I'd definitely change out a LB before a DT.

Rain Man
12-08-2006, 04:03 PM
On the D, we should put Pollard in. While the other players are locking on to the person they are supposed to cover, he will be free to wreak havoc by smashing people with noone to block him.

On O I'm torn. Having 3 TEs would be handy with the way our O-Line has been, but having 3 WRs, Tony, LJ and Bennet on the field at the same time really opens the options up.

I think if we added a wideout and a tight end on offense, we'd be golden. We could send 3 WRs and 2 TEs out, so they'd have to go with at least a nickel defense, and if they did, we'd then have 5 OL, 2 TE, and a FB against their front 6. We'd be almost unstoppable.

On defense, I think I'd a strong safety to put right in the middle of the field about 5 yards behind the MLB, and then I'd add another defensive end on the right side. When you're pass-rushing, you'd then have two RDEs going against their LT, which means that the other team would have to keep a running back in to help block. In the meantime, your third safety can cover any pass patterns in the middle of the field, leaving your MLB free to crash in on a run/pass blitz every down. In fact, you could possibly even replace the MLB with a NT and have six down linemen.

Iowanian
12-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Oh....I can't participate, as I don't own Madden07.

penguinz
12-08-2006, 04:14 PM
And just how many sacks did Tamba & Jared have against the worthless Clevelend O-line? Hmmmm? The long answer: Not anywhere close enough to be even considered for a Pro Bowl.

But, if I weren't allowed to change out a DE, I'd definitely change out a LB before a DT.Do you even watch football? The reason why they did not do anything is because we had no one who can make an impact at DT. The the OT's have to do is push the DE's out and around the pocket and the QB can just step up. Even if you have all world DE's you still need a push up the middle for them to be effective.

KC Jones
12-08-2006, 05:05 PM
If we added the Thing and the Incredible Hulk at DT I think we'd be pretty well set for the defense. On offense if we could add Flash and Superman I think we'd win it all.

PastorMikH
12-08-2006, 05:24 PM

But, if I weren't allowed to change out a DE, I'd definitely change out a LB before a DT.

Uhm, I'd say the reason Hali and Allen didn't do much against the Browns was our 2 "B" team DTs were contained with single coverage while the LG and LT doubled Allen and the RT and TE doubled Hali.

Hali and Allen getting doubled could be a lot of the reason why our "B" team DTs looked decent too.

KC Jones
12-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Uhm, I'd say the reason Hali and Allen didn't do much against the Browns was our 2 "B" team DTs were contained with single coverage while the LG and LT doubled Allen and the RT and TE doubled Hali.

Hali and Allen getting doubled could be a lot of the reason why our "B" team DTs looked decent too.

Pretty much. This is also why it's so unbelievable that Gun/Herm didn't blitz more. If they are using up 2 guys for both DEs you should get some free shots in with a dog. Also, there was unbelievably brutal holding on pretty much every down. Sometimes the refs call it and sometimes not. That was one of those games where they definitely weren't calling it.

Rain Man
12-08-2006, 05:37 PM
If we added the Thing and the Incredible Hulk at DT I think we'd be pretty well set for the defense. On offense if we could add Flash and Superman I think we'd win it all.

As long as it didn't come down to a field goal at the end.

CoMoChief
12-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Tell ya who else would make us better.

Brian Urlacher
Peyton Manning
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Troy Polamalu
Sean Taylor

That about covers it.

rad
12-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Could you imagine Chris Chambers on this team? All that guy needs is a good QB to get him the ball. What a waste......