PDA

View Full Version : Dante's crying

DeezNutz
12-08-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm sorry if this is a repost, but I didn't see anything about this on the first couple of pages, and Dante's vaginal moanings should certainly get more play on the Planet. Overall, I think most of the current Chiefs have embraced Edwards' style and approach, but it's clear that a few desparately need hugs from Grandpa. My heart bleeds for our little friend Dante...Please give him a pick-me-up this weekend when he retreats five yards and then runs laterally for another 10; he needs more support. :evil:

Chiefs' Hall trying to shut out the noise
By Elizabeth Merrill

McClatchy Newspapers

(MCT)

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Crazed fans leaped through traffic just to touch him, and David Letterman wanted to meet him.

But now Dante Hall carries a white plastic bag of Denny's takeout to a back room and wants to be left alone. He's heard what they've said about them. That he's desperate, that he's lost it, that he needs to be replaced.

Hall feels alone, and going home isn't much better. His family is in Texas; his mind is wandering over his worst season since his rookie year. Hall lies down, turns on the stereo and blasts Sade.

At 7 a.m., it starts again.

"It eats me up," Hall says. "Because I live and breathe this time of year. People say, `Oh, when you leave (work), you should let it go.' I'm up here for two reasons_to help this team and to be the best I can be as a player.

"I can't change my game in the ninth inning. That's my game. If you don't like it, get rid of me."

It almost seems strange, that a special-teams guy would be one of the most dissected players in the Chiefs' 7-5 season. But that's what Hall has become. Overnight success in 2002, destined for the history books in `03, backpedaling away from a swarm of jerseys in `06.

When Hall had a bad day in Cleveland on Sunday, misjudging a kick and getting slapped with a costly taunting penalty, fans were clamoring for coach Herm Edwards to make a change. Actually, they've been doing that for months. But the venom has grown, and Hall's dander was really up earlier this week when some local TV people took turns bashing him.

Hall has tried to shut out the noise, but he admits it does bother him a little. Edwards ignores it.

"He's our return guy, and I'm going to stick with him," Edwards says. "I have faith in him.

"At times, Dante is trying to make a big play and due to that sometimes is not hanging in there long enough. Then a guy misses a block that goes unseen to the common eye because they're just watching the return guy."

Edwards and special-teams coach Mike Priefer blame some of Hall's struggles on an ever-changing return team, one cobbled together because of injuries and a revolving door of young faces. Hall has always said it's never been a one-man thing.

In the Human Joystick days, when Hall was scoring touchdowns and going to the Pro Bowl, he was surrounded by special-team junkies like Mike Maslowski, Gary Stills, Quinton Caver and Derrick Blaylock.

Stills even made All-Pro for his knack of finding openings for Hall. But Hall says it's now a different group nearly every week, and different wedges.

"He just maybe doesn't really believe in everything we're doing yet," Priefer says. "We have to open more holes for him ... we've got to attack people where they're vulnerable, and our young people need to block better for him.

"And once the seams are there, he's got to hit them. I think it's a two-way street."

Hall doesn't hide his reluctance to trust the new regime. He said it was different under former coach Dick Vermeil. But their relationship was unique. Hall was on the verge of being booted before Vermeil showed up in 2001. He embraced Hall's 5-foot-8 stature and the size of his heart.

In 2002, Hall repaid the trust by returning two punts for touchdowns and taking a kickoff back. The following season was legendary_four touchdown returns, 423 receiving yards.

"I had one coach's support. One," Hall says. "I ain't talking about support when I'm going good. I'm talking about support, period. Don't do it conditionally. Don't support me when I'm going good. That isn't what I need, because you're going to get support from everybody then.

"When I got hurt this year and was having a bad year, (Vermeil) called me. He doesn't even coach anymore. He's in Pennsylvania. I got coaches I walk by every day that couldn't ask me how you're doing, how you feeling? ... I'm kind of going off. Because this has been eating me alive."

But it's obvious Edwards has thrown his support to Hall publicly. He's cut off reporters who have pressed him about a switch.

Hall says he's frustrated about his lack of touches as a receiver, and the fact that he can catch 15 balls in practice and zero at Cleveland. But most of all, he feels as if he has let his teammates down.

His 9 yards per punt return is actually better than 2005, when he averaged just 6.6. But Hall had big plans this season, and in training camp he talked about how he wanted five touchdown returns.

He'd settle for some space now.

"I worry about my teammates," he says. "I'm accountable to my teammates. I feel like I have goals and standards that I have set, and when you don't meet them it hurts, especially when you work your butt off. You know what I mean? I could see if I didn't work my butt off or the guys weren't working their butt off.

"When you work your butts off all offseason, spending time away from your family, your kids, up in this miserable cold and you don't get the results for your teammates, that's what eats me up."

HemiEd
12-08-2006, 03:52 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=153947

Almost off the front page, but not quite.

DeezNutz
12-08-2006, 03:53 PM
My bad! Abort! Abort!

noa
12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
"I can't change my game in the ninth inning. That's my game. If you don't like it, get rid of me."

Its a repost, but whatever. This quote here pisses me off. Don't tell me you can't make adjustments to your style. Every player in the NFL should be expect to make adjustments if they are necessary. That's just his bruised ego there.

ChiTown
12-08-2006, 04:09 PM
That's just his bruised ego there.

I believe it's more like a cracking sound, coming from his glass vagina....

KC Jones
12-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Hall lies down, turns on the stereo and blasts Sade.

uhh.... isn't there a rule against this or something? I mean how can you call yourself a football player and sit listening to Sade in the dark.

Reerun_KC
12-08-2006, 05:20 PM
"Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor"