2. OT
3. WR
4. MLB

CupidStunt
12-10-2006, 02:51 PM
DT, OT, LB (either/or), CB, WR, OG/C.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Offensive tackle is more important than DT.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2006, 02:55 PM
DT,OT,DT,OT,DT,OT,DT

Mecca
12-10-2006, 02:56 PM
To bad it's a weak DT year........this team has to many holes all over the place to just be looking for certain positions, we could literally draft almost any position and get an immediate starter.

Thig Lyfe
12-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Lose the remaining three and trade way up to get Joe Thomas out of Wisconsin.

|Zach|
12-10-2006, 02:57 PM
When you look at this team across the board I have no idea why you would even entertain the idea of another MLB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Alan Branch anyone?

milkman
12-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Best player available, regardless of position.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 03:00 PM
When you look at this team across the board I have no idea why you would even entertain the idea of another MLB.

Just because he doesn't suck as bad as some of the other guys doesn't mean he's not a problem....

Fairplay
12-10-2006, 03:01 PM
We need to try to pick a WR and tackles (both sides in the off season).

Then draft OT,OT,DT,OT,DT,OT.

Mr. Laz
maybe cause Mitchell is a free agent and they haven't sign him to extension yet.

besides he's decent ... but nothing particular special.

CtrlAltDel
Best player available, regardless of position.Agreed. Aside from like, RB or DE.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2006, 03:03 PM
A stud DT would make Mitchell look alot better.

MIAdragon
12-10-2006, 03:07 PM
The comments during the game about possibility of Trent hanging it up with another concussion worries me. Is Croyle the answer, or do we need to look at the QB’s in the draft?

CupidStunt
12-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Alan Branch anyone?

He'll be long gone.

That's why I hate the Chiefs. Mediocrity is worse than sucking.

el borracho
12-10-2006, 03:11 PM
OT

Mr. Laz
12-10-2006, 03:12 PM
yes it would

but until we have one, we don't know how good Mitchell is

Mecca
12-10-2006, 03:12 PM
He'll be long gone.

That's why I hate the Chiefs. Mediocrity is worse than sucking.

The Chiefs good enough to not get a great draft pick, bad enough to miss the playoffs...The Carl mantra.

Rain Man
12-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Perhaps running would make Mitchell look better, too. Did anyone else throw the remote at the screen when the replay showed Ka-Weak-a jogging toward the quarterback unblocked on a blitz? What a loser.

MIAdragon
12-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Perhaps running would make Mitchell look better, too. Did anyone else throw the remote at the screen when the replay showed Ka-Weak-a jogging toward the quarterback unblocked on a blitz? What a loser.

Thank God Im not the only one who thought that.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Hrm I see some more people are starting to agree with me about letting Mitchell go.

StcChief
12-10-2006, 03:44 PM

Look at Fujita now with Saints.

ROYC75
12-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Lose the remaining three and trade way up to get Joe Thomas out of Wisconsin.

BINGO ..... that would anchor the LT spot.
:)

Mecca
12-10-2006, 03:52 PM
We need a hell of alot more than just a LT.

KCLJ27
12-10-2006, 03:54 PM
I predict another middle of the round draft choice. Go King Carl Go woo hoo

milkman
12-10-2006, 03:55 PM
We need a hell of alot more than just a LT.

Absolutely.

Name a position, and there's almost certainly a need to upgrade, with only a couple of exceptions.

ROYC75
12-10-2006, 04:14 PM
DT is probally our biggest priority. FTR, Thomas is a pipe dream for us.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 04:17 PM
A good DT in this years draft is a pipe dream too.....the best players on the board when we pick are probably going to be WR's, Safeties and LB's.

CtrlAltDel
12-10-2006, 04:18 PM
We should move the draft forum back in here now. Too early for that?

Mr. Laz
12-10-2006, 04:23 PM

How about when Jamal Lewis was carrying 4 defenders on his back and Patrick Surtain was standing there afraid to stick his nose in there.

or

when Sammy knight covered the TE coming out to the flat perfectly and then just backed off and let him go. McNair just waited until Knight left and then passed to the TE for a 1st down.

58-4ever
12-10-2006, 04:25 PM
what about drafting Troy Simth - a predicted mid-round draft pick. It could be a Roethisberger situation?

Mecca
12-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Troy Smith is probably going in the 2nd round....I'm not a big fan of him as a pro prospect. He's short and for his college career the set of talent he's played with has been better than all the teams they've faced.......good luck finding that in the pros.

LiL stumppy
12-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I disagree with drafting the best player available. You draft to feel holes and make your team better. Not the best player AVAILABLE, the best player available at that positions your need.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Why would you draft the best play available?Thats stupid. You draft to feel holes and make your team better. Not the best player AVAILABLE, the best play available at that positions your need.

No you draft to make your football team better for the future. Filling holes is free agency's job.

LiL stumppy
12-10-2006, 04:40 PM
So your saying the best player on the board is a RB. You draft him considering how young LJ is? He would sit on the bend for years and his career would be short. Even at DE, you draft one. The most you could do with him is rotate him in.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2006, 04:41 PM
So your saying the best player on the board is a RB. You draft him considering how young LJ is? He would sit on the bend for years and his career would be short. Even at DE, you draft one. The most you could do with him is rotate him in.

Yep.

LiL stumppy
12-10-2006, 04:43 PM
LOL thats stupid IMO.

Mecca
With the amount of carries LJ is getting we're gonna need a new RB in about 2 years........

Taking players for need is why the Chiefs have had such awful drafts.......

Mecca
LOL thats stupid IMO.

As stupid as going in saying "we have to have this" and reaching way above where a guy should go? Ask Junior Siavii.....and the numerous other Chief reaches to fill a position.

ChiefsCountry
LOL thats stupid IMO.

Why? You have trade bait and get a best player on the board at the time.

dirk digler
12-10-2006, 04:46 PM
We need OL and DL help big time. We also need some WR's to replace Parker

LiL stumppy
12-10-2006, 04:48 PM
First of all, if you draft another RB in the first round that splits carries with LJ. Someone is bound to get pissed off and throw fits, which is not what an organization needs. How would that make you feel if you were him. Basically leading the offence, and your coaches drafting another player to split carries with you? How often do you see first round draft picks getting traded their first year? Rarley does that happen.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 04:49 PM
First of all, if you draft another RB in the first round that splits carries with LJ. Someone is bound to get pissed off and throw fits, which is not what an organization needs. How would that make you feel if you were him. Basically leading the offence, and your coaches drafting another player to split carries with you? How often do you see first round draft picks getting traded their first year? Rarley does that happen.

You mean like....how we drafted LJ when we had Holmes and LJ was the pissed off one and not Holmes? If you look around the league a ton of teams are using 2 RB's now......actually most of the successful running teams are splitting RB's these days.

Like I said.....With the amount of carries Johnson is getting history says his career will be very short.

MIAdragon
12-10-2006, 04:53 PM

hmmm sounds like what we did with LJ a few years back.....

Damn Mecca didnt read your post first.

LiL stumppy
Who on the chargers splits carries with LT? Who on the Seahawks splits carries with Shaun Alexander. And im not talking their backup RB's that get 5 carries a games.

dirk digler
Drafting a RB next year in the 1st round is stupid considering how many holes we have on this team. We need to collect draft picks and get as many players as we can

Mecca
12-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Who on the chargers splits carries with LT? Who on the Seahawks splits carries with Shaun Alexander. And im not talking their backup RB's that get 5 carries a games.

The Chargers also don't give LT 35 carries a game........

Take a look at New England, Dallas, Chicago.......teams that want to run the ball alot and run it well are using 2 RB's.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2006, 04:57 PM
With the amount of carries LJ is getting we're gonna need a new RB in about 2 years........

Taking players for need is why the Chiefs have had such awful drafts.......
Bad talent evaluation is what got the Chiefs such awful drafts in the past.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2006, 04:57 PM

Michael Turner gets quite a few carries with SD.

LiL stumppy
12-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Last week LT ran the ball 28 times, and I forgot how many receptions he had. Were running the ball fine with LJ. I agree he gets it way to much. But he has only been "playing" for a year.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 04:58 PM
This arguement isn't going to come to fruition anyway there's 3-4 first round RB's and they'll either be gone or not the best player when the Chiefs are drafting.

dirk digler
12-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Who gives a shit about the RB position that is why we have Bennett. We need OL and DT help bad

Mecca
12-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Last week LT ran the ball 28 times, and I forgot how many receptions he had. Were running the ball fine with LJ. I agree he gets it way to much. But he has only been "playing" for a year.

Every RB that's carried over 400 times has never been the same afterwards.......LJ has about 100 more carries than LT does.....

Mecca
12-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Who gives a shit about the RB position that is why we have Bennett. We need OL and DT help bad

Yea and we're gonna be picking about 18th which means for those postions we're SOL. All the good ones are gonna be gone.......WR here we come.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2006, 05:00 PM

We know, but if there was a top-flight running back there when we picked or a so-so tackle, who should we choose?

LiL stumppy
12-10-2006, 05:01 PM
I don't know if I have ever seen Michael Turner get over 10 carries in a game unless LT was hurt or he was in for mop-up duties.

dirk digler
12-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Yea and we're gonna be picking about 18th which means for those postions we're SOL. All the good ones are gonna be gone.......WR here we come.

I have no problem with getting a WR there as that is also a need position. Drafting a RB next year in the 1st round is stupid though.

dirk digler
We know, but if there was a top-flight running back there when we picked or a so-so tackle, who should we choose?

Trade down

Mecca

You mean if like Adrian Peterson was on the board when we picked.......we'd be stupid to not pick him because we'd rather have some ok player at another position.

LiL stumppy
12-10-2006, 05:03 PM

You trade down so you can get more of what you need. And LT has the second most touches in the NFL last time I checked, behind Steven Jackson. Who also doesn't split carries.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 05:03 PM
I have no problem with getting a WR there as that is also a need position. Drafting a RB next year in the 1st round is stupid though.

I don't really think we should draft a RB either but if he was head and shoulders better than everyone else I would. I don't think you'd get fair value trading down....like as an example of Peterson fell I'd still take him in a second.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2006, 05:04 PM
You mean if like Adrian Peterson was on the board when we picked.......we'd be stupid to not pick him because we'd rather have some ok player at another position.

Exactly.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 05:05 PM
You trade down so you can get more of what you need. And LT has the second most touches in the NFL last time I checked, behind Steven Jackson. Who also doesn't split carries.

They have alot of "touches" which includes catches and LT rately takes big hits on catches. LJ has about 100 more carries than LT and more than that than Steve Jackson. If you factor in LJ's receptions he's leading the league in touches by a wide margin.

dirk digler
12-10-2006, 05:06 PM
They have alot of "touches" which includes catches and LT rately takes big hits on catches. LJ has about 100 more carries than LT and more than that than Steve Jackson. If you factor in LJ's receptions he's leading the league in touches by a wide margin.

I understand about LJ's touches but next year is not the time to draft someone new. LJ appears to be doing just fine.

LiL stumppy
12-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Um, I promise you AP and anyother good RB will be on the board when we pick. AP is a top 3 pick.

Mecca
12-10-2006, 05:08 PM
I know he's not going to be on the board but it was an example......I said earlier I thought this was a arguement that would never happen.

LJ's doing fine now........Jamal Anderson was doing fine setting the carry record till he was out of the league 2 years later.......

LiL stumppy
12-10-2006, 05:09 PM
I agree he's getting to much, and we may need one sooner than later. But not in the next 3 ys.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2006, 05:34 PM
As stupid as going in saying "we have to have this" and reaching way above where a guy should go? Ask Junior Siavii.....and the numerous other Chief reaches to fill a position.
except for as you have previously said "the chiefs have needs all across the board"

so finding a Good player AT a position of need shouldn't be that difficult.

imo you also need to consider how that player fits your scheme when you draft them.

2 players close, to the same talent .... you take the player that fills the biggest need.

2 players, close to the same talent .... you pick the player that fits your scheme the best.

milkman
12-10-2006, 06:15 PM
except for as you have previously said "the chiefs have needs all across the board"

so finding a Good player AT a position of need shouldn't be that difficult.

imo you also need to consider how that player fits your scheme when you draft them.

2 players close, to the same talent .... you take the player that fills the biggest need.

2 players, close to the same talent .... you pick the player that fits your scheme the best.

This is why I'm a proponent of BPA.

The Chiefs have so many holes, the BPA almost certainly fills a need.

Calcountry
12-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Who on the chargers splits carries with LT? Who on the Seahawks splits carries with Shaun Alexander. And im not talking their backup RB's that get 5 carries a games.Did you see how Reggie Bush and Deuce McAllister were used last night?