PDA

View Full Version : I think Herm deliberately held DJ out of the Cleveland game

PunkinDrublic
12-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I think the difference between last weeks pathetic defensive showing and this weeks D that bailed us out enough times to keep us in the game was DJ. I can't help but think that Herm wanted to keep him out for what he thought would be tougher games against teams like Baltimore. With DJ our whole defensive ability improves dramatically because you got a guy who can use his speed to get to the ballcarrier and if he doesn't make a tackle he at least slows the guy down in time for the rest of the D to get to him. Our D-line eventually got worn down which will happen with the sorry defensive tackles we have but DJ is such a huge weapon for us defending on the short plays.

I'll say it again like I said last week, having DJ in would have made the difference in the Cleveland game.

Hootie
12-10-2006, 06:21 PM
I know we had some stops this week...but our defense was equally as pathetic this week...

I don't understand why teams even try to run the ball on us...we are GIVING opposing teams 8 yard dump off passes everytime they drop back and pass...

At this point...all out blitzes on almost every down, give up the big plays for all I care...and let's see more LJ...

We might as well try and get LJ 2,000 yards now that our season is over...

PunkinDrublic
12-10-2006, 06:25 PM
I know we had some stops this week...but our defense was equally as pathetic this week...

I don't understand why teams even try to run the ball on us...we are GIVING opposing teams 8 yard dump off passes everytime they drop back and pass...

At this point...all out blitzes on almost every down, give up the big plays for all I care...and let's see more LJ...

We might as well try and get LJ 2,000 yards now that our season is over...

They didn't just come up with some stops they bailed us out time and time again after our offense turned the ball over. They flat out got worn down at the end of the game because our offense couldn't stay on the field. Our defense was no where near the same defense as last week.