PDA

View Full Version : Which unit is more responsible for our six losses?

Hammock Parties
12-10-2006, 11:19 PM
There's no question in my mind that the offense is to blame.

blueballs
12-10-2006, 11:20 PM
break it down further
you know you want to

Demonpenz
12-10-2006, 11:20 PM
I dunno but i thought it was funny today when john madden said drew brees loved to play with his unit

luv
12-10-2006, 11:22 PM
That's a tough one. Both have been inconsistent.

tk13
12-10-2006, 11:25 PM
I think it's been pretty even overall, both sides have made mistakes. Although, the defense choked away the Cleveland game, which pretty much ripped the heart out of our season. Then today, our offense didn't have a good day, but at home, backs against the wall, they allow a 16 play, 9 minute TD drive that broke our backs in the 4th quarter. Pretty much unacceptable. We're supposed to be a defensive football team, you can't do that.

Demonpenz
12-10-2006, 11:26 PM
I think it's been pretty even overall, both sides have made mistakes. Although, the defense choked away the Cleveland game, which pretty much ripped the heart out of our season. Then today, our offense didn't help, but at home, backs against the wall, they allow a 16 play, 9 minute TD drive that broke our backs in the 4th quarter. Pretty much unacceptable.

better post that again in another thread to make sure we know which drive killed us :)

milkman
12-10-2006, 11:27 PM
In the end, who the **** cares?

We're 7-6, with virtually no shot at the playoffs.

I blame Carl, Hermie, Mike Solari, Gunt, and with apologies because of his health, ultimately Lamar.

This team is stuck in mediocrity, and Lamar has been fine with that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Our D allows the same PPG as last year

Our average opponent O last year was 14.5...this year it is 19.

They allow more YPA, and a higher overall completion percentage.

Fewer passes have been attempted against them than last year, largely because we haven't put any teams in situations where they had to pass (like last year) and that is the ONLY reason why we aren't giving up the same YPG passing as last year.

The D is just as craptastic as it always was.

tk13
12-10-2006, 11:28 PM
better post that again in another thread to make sure we know which drive killed us :)
Well, gochiefs is gonna keep posting it, I'm gonna keep responding, haha. :)

Mecca
12-10-2006, 11:29 PM
We have massive holes on both sides of the ball.......neither unit is exactly good.

Bowser
12-10-2006, 11:31 PM
We have massive holes on both sides of the ball.......neither unit is exactly good.

Yep.

Hammock Parties
12-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Miami...defense played well enough to win.

Denver...defense played well enough to win.

Cincinnati...defense played well enough to win.

Ravens...defense played well enough to win.

Pittsburgh and Cleveland...those are on the D, for sure. But the rest of the losses are on our offense, either by complete lack of production or putting too much stress on the D by punting too many times and turning it over.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-10-2006, 11:39 PM

Pittsburgh and Cleveland...those are on the D, for sure. But the rest of the losses are on our offense, either by complete lack of production or putting too much stress on the D by punting too many times and turning it over.

Did you ever think that maybe the same jackass who runs constantly to drain the clock and prohibit the D from seeing the field puts the O in deep shit by doing that because he constantly places them in predictable down and distance situations.

I don't care who you are, an offense can't succeed if they are that predictable.

tk13
12-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Overall, you could probably make the case for the offense. But at the end of the day, the last two weeks, the opponent had the ball with about 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, and our defense fell apart. No amount of offense is going to save that.

dirk digler
12-10-2006, 11:41 PM

Yep but the D has been so bad for so long so it is their fault

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Overall, you could probably make the case for the offense but only because of that f*cknut Mike Solari . But at the end of the day, the last two weeks, the opponent had the ball with about 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, and our defense fell apart. No amount of offense is going to save that.

FYP ;)

Hammock Parties
12-10-2006, 11:43 PM
the same jackass who runs constantly to drain the clock and prohibit the D from seeing the field

I've already addressed this issue. Our defense has actually defended MORE plays this year.

dirk digler
12-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Did you ever think that maybe the same jackass who runs constantly to drain the clock and prohibit the D from seeing the field puts the O in deep shit by doing that because he constantly places them in predictable down and distance situations.

I don't care who you are, an offense can't succeed if they are that predictable.

Yep. How many times today did we run twice and then pass? First down is the easiest down to pass on yet Solari the idiot hardly throws on first down.

Hammock Parties
12-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Yep. How many times today did we run twice and then pass? First down is the easiest down to pass on yet Solari the idiot hardly throws on first down.

That's because he wanted Trent Green to finish the game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-10-2006, 11:44 PM
I've already addressed this issue. Our defense has actually defended MORE plays this year.

More YPA
Higher Completion %
Same PPG
Fewer Pass attempts
Worse offenses played.

Your point was??

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-10-2006, 11:45 PM

Yep, QBs routinely get killed on screens and quick slants :rolleyes:

Mecca
12-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Someone should teach Trent Green when you don't have an all world line anymore you can't hold onto the ball forever....

dirk digler
12-10-2006, 11:48 PM

LMAO Trent wasn't back there getting drilled on every pass play.

They should have went to the screens and draws. Now that I think about it we didn't either of those.

milkman
12-10-2006, 11:49 PM
How many games has this team won the TOP battle this year?

Otter
Carl Peterson in the unit responsible

Hammock Parties
Yep, QBs routinely get killed on screens and quick slants :rolleyes:

If you think a screen or a quick slant would have worked today, you're out of your mind. The Ravens linebackers are way too fast for screens to work. Their defensive backs sit on so many short routes that a slant had no prayer, especially with our shitty WRs.

The only way to win today was to smash the Ravens in the mouth, protect the ball let the defense create field position. Instead, the offense farted around all day.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-10-2006, 11:52 PM
If you think a screen or a quick slant would have worked today, you're out of your mind. The Ravens linebackers are way too fast for screens to work. Their defensive backs sit on so many short routes that a slant had no prayer, especially with our shitty WRs.

The only way to win today was to smash the Ravens in the mouth, protect the ball let the defense create field position. Instead, the offense farted around all day.

Variety is the spice of life in offensive playcalling. They were overpursuing to the ball all day, yet not once did we take advantage of that. We also never ran the pump draw, counter, or any other form of misdirection play.

Hammock Parties
12-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Variety is the spice of life in offensive playcalling. They were overpursuing to the ball all day, yet not once did we take advantage of that. We also never ran the pump draw, counter, or any other form of misdirection play.

Yep. Hey, I'm not in Solari's camp. He sucked today. I hope he's learned a lot this year because I expect better in 2007.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-10-2006, 11:58 PM
Yep. Hey, I'm not in Solari's camp. He sucked today. I hope he's learned a lot this year because I expect better in 2007.

Well Clayton...if he hasn't learned in 13 games, will 16 make that much of a difference? You could see definitive signs of improvement in Saunders' first year as OC. All I see here is the same old shit. I can't think of an OC outside of Fassell and Tom Walsh who've been worse.

Crown his ass as the worst current OC in football.

RedThat
12-11-2006, 12:00 AM
There's no question in my mind that the offense is to blame.

No doubt in my mind, both are to blame.

morphius
12-11-2006, 12:04 AM
I say you have to blame the fans, why, I don't know, but I thought I read that somewhere once...

Easy 6
12-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Both groups have taken turns choking in the clutch this year.

The last several years it was the D that gagged, this year its pretty evenly distributed disappointment.

The O's had some well known tough breaks all year = they give up a handful of games. Though the Herm/Mike playcalling braintrust has become a joke. They can still be conservative, but they dont need to be so friggin PREDICTABLE with the timing. Run, run, pass , same 2 run plays from last drive, pass. Our playbook is WAY to cool not to mix it up for Gods SAKE!!!

The D is learning a new system with the ill-fitting, holdover personnel in key spots = they lose a few. It often takes even the All-Timer coaches 2-3 years to put one together. But they are going to HAVE to play a much aggressive brand of cover2 to mask the flaws for now & turn the front 7 loose. Gun has GOT to unleash the blitz's, the Falcon look, send Bell in more to blast someone, the creative chit. Its time to DUMP Plain Jane...NOW!!!

greg63
12-11-2006, 08:34 AM
You forgot Special Teams.

InChiefsHeaven
12-11-2006, 08:59 AM
I blame Scanlon.

greg63
12-11-2006, 09:01 AM
I blame Scanlon.

LMAO

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 09:05 AM
You forgot the coaching unit as an option, so my choice is not represented in the poll.

In Miami the defense played just barely played well enough to win. All aspects of that game were less than spectacular.

Denver was completely on Herm, not the offense. It was Herm's decision not to try and win the game but rather settle for OT. He had a back up QB under center who hadn't started a game in years. I think he should have taken the chance personally because we were expected to lose the game anyway. But that game was all Herm, baby.

Cinci you'll get no argument.

Baltimore was most certainly the O, but the D did fail to come up with a crucial stop in the 4th when we needed it most.

Pittsburgh was an all around team effort, there is no way I'll lay that one at the feet of just D.

Chief Chief
12-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Where do I go to vote for "Special Teams. They suck!!!"?

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Special teams has not been helpful this year, but neither has that unit specificaly cost us any games.