PDA

View Full Version : Redneck news: Nascar driver Johnson breaks wrist

Hammock Parties
12-10-2006, 11:58 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nascar/2006-12-10-johnson-wrist_x.htm

NASCAR champion Johnson falls off cart, breaks wrist in celebrity golf tournament

By Jenna Fryer, The Associated Press

CHARLOTTE — Nextel Cup champion Jimmie Johnson broke his left wrist when he fell out of a golf cart during a celebrity tournament, his team said Sunday.

The injury occurred Friday in a tournament in Lecanto, Fla., and will prevent him from driving for at least four weeks. The injury was to his nonshifting hand, and he should be able to participate in preseason testing at Daytona International Speedway next month.

"I was in a golf cart and the driver took a sharp turn," Johnson said in a statement. "I wasn't holding on tight enough, landed awkwardly on the ground and heard a little pop. It was a fluke deal, but fortunately we're in the offseason and I don't plan to miss any additional time."

Johnson will not be able to compete in the Race of Champions Nations Cup at the Stade de France in Paris next weekend. Johnson, who teamed with Jeff Gordon and Colin Edwards to win the Nations Cup in 2002, said he will still travel to Paris as a consultant for Team USA.

He was scheduled to team with X-Games champion Travis Pastrana in Paris. A replacement for Johnson was not immediately announced.

"It's disappointing that I can't compete ... but I'll definitely be in Paris to cheer them on and provide any support that I can," he said.

Johnson wrapped up his first NASCAR championship last month and celebrated it December 1 at the annual awards ceremony in New York City. It capped a whirlwind year for Johnson, who won the Daytona 500 and the NASCAR event at Indianapolis Motor Speedway en route to the title.

This is the second consecutive year that NASCAR's reigning champion was injured during the offseason.

Tony Stewart broke his wrist and bruised his ribs last January when he flipped a car during a qualifying race for the Chili Bowl Midget Nationals. Stewart's arm was placed in a cast, but he was able to compete a month later when the season opened at Daytona.

DJJasonp
12-10-2006, 11:59 PM
That wasnt funny.....

SPchief
nuthooks

Demonpenz
double nuthooks could have been derrick or larry

'Hamas' Jenkins
Not the place to post this given what Larry left with today.

Nuthooks.

BWillie
12-11-2006, 12:01 AM
I didn't even care, the season is a lost cause anyway. And being the fact that I hate Larry Johnson, it didn't really bother me that much. Larry Johnson is a whiny asshole most of the time. He hits women with guns, among other things. Not a quality individual. If he was not the 2nd best runningback in the league, ya'll would hate him. Larry must of had it real hard growing up with a rich dad in suburban America. Real hard. It's funny that now that he is the star he actuallly is trying not to act like a complete A-hole.

jidar
12-11-2006, 12:02 AM
I didn't even care, the season is a lost cause anyway. And being the fact that I hate Larry Johnson, it didn't really bother me that much. Larry Johnson is a whiny asshole most of the time. He hits women with guns, among other things. Not a quality individual. If he was not the 2nd best runningback in the league, ya'll would hate him. Larry must of had it real hard growing up with a rich dad in suburban America. Real hard.

I can't take anything you post seriously because of your avatar.
For ****s sake, why do you want bestiality in an avatar?

Demonpenz
12-11-2006, 12:03 AM
I saw larry yesterday at the crown center hotel people were telling him good luck or i wouldn't have noticed it was him. I thought he was bigger.

BWillie
12-11-2006, 12:05 AM
I can't take anything you post seriously because of your avatar.
For ****s sake, why do you want bestiality in an avatar?

It's not beastality, I used to have one with Alladin puttin' it to Jasmine but that was frowned upon. You'd put it to princess Jasmine, don't even lie. I've been meaning to get another avatar, but I don't know how to resize pictures and shit to fit into it. So if someone cares to help me out, let me know.

big nasty kcnut
12-11-2006, 12:14 AM
nuthooks and analhooks for you go chiefs. Cause i thought you were typing that lj or dj was hurt.

luv
12-11-2006, 12:22 AM
It's not beastality, I used to have one with Alladin puttin' it to Jasmine but that was frowned upon. You'd put it to princess Jasmine, don't even lie. I've been meaning to get another avatar, but I don't know how to resize pictures and shit to fit into it. So if someone cares to help me out, let me know.
Post a picture you like.

Bugeater
12-11-2006, 12:25 AM
I'd help you, but I saw what you wanted to use in your avatar. So out of respect for my fellow Planeteers, I can't.

Demonpenz
12-11-2006, 12:25 AM
get irfanview picture viewer then resize and vwahlla

BWillie
12-11-2006, 12:33 AM
I'd help you, but I saw what you wanted to use in your avatar. So out of respect for my fellow Planeteers, I can't.

Hhaha, oh come on it's not that bad. That link didn't even work so I don't know how you even saw it. But I'm more offended by your avatar of a atomic bomb killing millions of innocent japs than I am of a avatar with a freaking cartoon.

Demonpenz
12-11-2006, 12:37 AM
the chilli mini bowl midget races. what a name

Bugeater
12-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Hhaha, oh come on it's not that bad. That link didn't even work so I don't know how you even saw it. But I'm more offended by your avatar of a atomic bomb killing millions of innocent japs than I am of a avatar with a freaking cartoon.
That's just a test, not an actual nuclear strike. As far as your link, f*ck was in the url, and the profanity filter turned it into ****. So I typed the actual word in place of the **** and it worked fine. Go to gifworks.com, and you can re-size it there. This post will self-destruct in 120 seconds.