PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City : Change Of The Guard Is Coming

PinkFloyd
12-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Another post to a thread got me thinking... Yes; sometimes i don't think too well, and just blab alot...

There was a time during the 90's when the Royals were heading down that lonely road... Across the parking lot, a new team was taking over the city once again... The Kansas City Chiefs were building a franchise back up, trying to bring back to this city what was once the glory days of the late 60's...

The Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith freight train defense was coming to KC... Dan the mad Samoan along with other key players would bring a defense to Kc that would terrorize other teams... The only thing preventing a championship, was an offense that was getting outscored by its own defense...

By the time the Joe and Marcus came to town, the defense was starting to slide alittle... The Chiefs JUST COULDN'T get the "COMPLETE" package on the field at the same time... If we could have had an offense of the Dick and Al years, with the defense of the 90's --- the offices of Arrowhead would be busting with Super Bowl trophies !!!

And now --- the Chiefs are heading back down a road of the 70's and 80's... While we would like to think there is still hope for the Chiefs, fan appreciation is dwindling... Fans are tired of King Carl... Some fans are even wanting Tony G to go get that Super Bowl ring with a contender... Many feel that the gloomy days that use to be cast over Arrowhead are moving back over the stadium...

Across the parking lot now, a new sense of pride is coming back to the other side of the Truman Sports Complex... Dayton Moore has gone after some of the ingredients that Mr. Glass had no interest in aquiring before Mr. Moore got here... The Royals bolster two of the top minor leaguers in Gordan and Butler... Some power in Shealy and speed in Cathright were added... And now, pitching was a priority and was added... We don't know how this will pan out, but at least the Royals now have a GM willing to get on the ass of an owner and spend some money...

So; don't be surprised if the changing of the guard is coming around again at the Truman Sports Complex... I'm sorry this was such a long thread... I'm just setting here bored off my keister and wanted to ramble alittle...

KC-TBB
12-11-2006, 10:39 AM
SAD...but true dude...

Redrum_69
12-11-2006, 10:41 AM
REPOST

PinkFloyd
12-11-2006, 10:44 AM
REPOST

WTF !!!!

ROFL

Dammit Redrum... Where's your sarcasim ??? I was waiting for a -- your momma changes her guard -- comeback from you if you replied...

htismaqe
12-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Nothing is changing at the TSC. Arrowhead will be full next year, and Kaufmann won't.

DeezNutz
12-11-2006, 11:00 AM
REPOST

I thought you left for good? :BS:

Archie F. Swin
12-11-2006, 11:06 AM
oh great.....I dont know if I have the intestinal fortitude required to be the fan of a third team flexing their contender muscles only to puke on their shoes late in the season.

At least with the Royals, all bubbles of hope burst in late April

Redrum_69
12-11-2006, 11:10 AM
I thought you left for good? :BS:

No, I believe I said "this is my last thread"

I never said I was leaving or last post etc.

PinkFloyd
12-11-2006, 11:11 AM

That is exactly what he said...

DeezNutz
12-11-2006, 11:21 AM

Oh, snuffed by the execution of a careful wordsmith. :harumph:

Arrowhead Nation
12-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Another post to a thread got me thinking... Yes; sometimes i don't think too well, and just blab alot...

There was a time during the 90's when the Royals were heading down that lonely road... Across the parking lot, a new team was taking over the city once again... The Kansas City Chiefs were building a franchise back up, trying to bring back to this city what was once the glory days of the late 60's...

The Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith freight train defense was coming to KC... Dan the mad Samoan along with other key players would bring a defense to Kc that would terrorize other teams... The only thing preventing a championship, was an offense that was getting outscored by its own defense...

By the time the Joe and Marcus came to town, the defense was starting to slide alittle... The Chiefs JUST COULDN'T get the "COMPLETE" package on the field at the same time... If we could have had an offense of the Dick and Al years, with the defense of the 90's --- the offices of Arrowhead would be busting with Super Bowl trophies !!!

And now --- the Chiefs are heading back down a road of the 70's and 80's... While we would like to think there is still hope for the Chiefs, fan appreciation is dwindling... Fans are tired of King Carl... Some fans are even wanting Tony G to go get that Super Bowl ring with a contender... Many feel that the gloomy days that use to be cast over Arrowhead are moving back over the stadium...

Across the parking lot now, a new sense of pride is coming back to the other side of the Truman Sports Complex... Dayton Moore has gone after some of the ingredients that Mr. Glass had no interest in aquiring before Mr. Moore got here... The Royals bolster two of the top minor leaguers in Gordan and Butler... Some power in Shealy and speed in Cathright were added... And now, pitching was a priority and was added... We don't know how this will pan out, but at least the Royals now have a GM willing to get on the ass of an owner and spend some money...

So; don't be surprised if the changing of the guard is coming around again at the Truman Sports Complex... I'm sorry this was such a long thread... I'm just setting here bored off my keister and wanted to ramble alittle...

I totally agree.....the history if KC sports shows that one or the other is pretty good for a long stretch. I see next year being a gut wrencher for us fans, with the Chiefs being 6-10'ish and the Royals around 75-80 wins.

Then in 2008, the Royals will be ready to contend.