Mr. Laz
12-11-2006, 12:47 PM
i just don't think i could handle it :shake:

noa
12-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Don't worry, he'll blow it.

Dartgod
12-11-2006, 12:48 PM
I don't know. If it makes CP look like an incompetent boob, then I'm all for it.

Demonpenz
12-11-2006, 12:50 PM
what a great year for the teams i hate
cards stop eating asshole long enough to win a WS.
Of course the northwest pussycats are going to win it all
Marty is going to win it all

dirk digler
12-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Actually I hope Marty does win he deserves it IMO. He has a great Offense a solid D I don't see how he can screw this up.

kcfanXIII
12-11-2006, 12:55 PM
i'm rootin for marty now that kc is done. i like the team he has, and he does deserve it. but he'll probably blow it. epecially since i'm on the charger band wagon.

ck_IN
12-11-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm rooting for Marty too. The Chiefs aren't going to get to the playoffs and the Colts might as well not so it'd be great to see Marty win it all.

luv
12-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Doesn't he usually lose in the first round anyway?

PastorMikH
12-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Doesn't he usually lose in the first round anyway?

This year he'll have a bye in the first round.

Was if Carl or Marty that turned KC around? Well, if Marty wins the SB while the Chiefs fall back to what they were in the 80s we'll know the answer.

sd4chiefs
12-11-2006, 01:01 PM
It sucks right now being a Chiefs fan in Sandy Eggo. Maybe the Chiefs can win Sunday night. :rolleyes: I hope the Chargers lose in thier first playoff game. I so sick of all the hipe. I even placed a bet last summer in Vegas on the Chargers winning the AFC title. I would win $500 but I hope I lose. If I win I am going to give the money to charity.

Hound333
12-11-2006, 01:04 PM
He will most likely go to the AFC championship game and lose again. He has yet to do that with this team and he is due.

MOhillbilly
12-11-2006, 01:05 PM
next to kc winning this year:evil: id like to see marty win a SB in SD w/SD.

that way my life, or lack of, as a KC fan would be complete.

BIG_DADDY
12-11-2006, 01:08 PM
It sucks right now being a Chiefs fan in Sandy Eggo. Maybe the Chiefs can win Sunday night. :rolleyes: I hope the Chargers lose in thier first playoff game. I so sick of all the hipe. I even placed a bet last summer in Vegas on the Chargers winning the AFC title. I would win $500 but I hope I lose. If I win I am going to give the money to charity.

I'm just glad I didn't waste money getting tickets down there this year.

Eleazar
12-11-2006, 01:16 PM
I don't know. If it makes CP look like an incompetent boob, then I'm all for it.

That's what I think.

Pitt Gorilla
12-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Marty has suddenly learned how to develop QB's. Crazy.

dirk digler
12-11-2006, 01:39 PM
I like the idea of a Chargers vs Saints Super Bowl

Mr. Laz
12-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Marty has suddenly learned how to develop QB's. Crazy.
Marty has finally learned how to stay out of his O-cordinator's way.

chiefsfan1963
12-11-2006, 02:11 PM
next to kc winning this year:evil: id like to see marty win a SB in SD w/SD.

that way my life, or lack of, as a KC fan would be complete.
ROFL ROFL

Otter
12-11-2006, 02:15 PM
I'll root for Marty just so it's in Peterson's face.

kc rush
12-11-2006, 03:04 PM

Marty has finally learned not to hire family members or people with the last names of Raye or Hackett.

StcChief
12-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Might as well be Marty and SD (representing AFCW)

He deoesn't have to worry about a Freezer bowl in first round bye, or a sh1t kicker :)

Like them much better than Ravens, Pats, Colts,Bungles.

DJJasonp
12-11-2006, 03:32 PM
No way do I root for the Chargers or Marty....F him.

Charger fans have to face the same kind of life-altering pains that we had to face in the 90's.

As I said in a previous post today...when Roy Williams won a national title at UNC....I died a litte inside.....if Marty wins a Super Bowl (or hell, even GOES to the super bowl)...that might just be the final straw for my ticker.

Goodbye cruel world....

Buck
12-11-2006, 03:40 PM
I really think he should win a super bowl

DJJasonp
12-11-2006, 03:43 PM
I really think he should win a super bowl

Planet...please come to your senses....if Marty wins a super bowl, it will justify all of Marty's gameplanning/playcalling principles...thus, allowing Herman Edwards to continue believing he can win games by punting the ball on the opponent's 39 yard line, down by 10, with 12 minutes left to play (and on your home field no less).

Marty winning a super bowl....for many reasons, could be the worst thing to happen to us.

ChiefsOne
12-11-2006, 03:44 PM
I kinda hope Marty does win, I have no ill feeling for him. CP on the other hand needs to go!

I have never hated SD, not the hatred like Oakland or Denver.

I would like SD and NO in the Superbowl and Brees pass for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns!

No one else to hope for, the Chiefs will be home watching.

DTLB58
12-11-2006, 04:25 PM
I kinda hope Marty does win, I have no ill feeling for him. CP on the other hand needs to go!

I have never hated SD, not the hatred like Oakland or Denver.

I would like SD and NO in the Superbowl and Brees pass for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns!

No one else to hope for, the Chiefs will be home watching.

My feelings EXACTLY. Good post! :thumb:

DTLB58
12-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Planet...please come to your senses....if Marty wins a super bowl, it will justify all of Marty's gameplanning/playcalling principles...thus, allowing Herman Edwards to continue believing he can win games by punting the ball on the opponent's 39 yard line, down by 10, with 12 minutes left to play (and on your home field no less).

Marty winning a super bowl....for many reasons, could be the worst thing to happen to us.

This would be true if he were still playing Marty ball, but he is NOT Proof being the Chargers are leading the league in scoring @ 32.7 points per game. Plus he is finally playing young players like Rivers (even though he was shoved down his throat from the front office).

No sir boys and girls this is NOT the Marty we had in Kansas City.

Baby Lee
12-11-2006, 04:41 PM
I love it. Dave Krieg and Elvis Grbac played like shit because Shotty was a bad coach, not because they were shitty QBs.
Montana played well because he told Marty to STFU.
Now the Chargers lead the league in scoring because his coordinators ignore him and the FO shoves stuff down his throat.
I'm sure he has many a sleepless night trying to figure out how to ruin his offense.

Oh!! And how's that guy that Marty wanted, but the FO shoved Rivers down his throat doing these days. I bet he sucks. Does he suck?

Nzoner
12-11-2006, 04:46 PM

Did you see the play yesterday when down by the goal Rivers did some sort of odd squat and the center hiked the ball to the fullback who in turn scored a td?

Shortly after the camera was on Marty and grinning ear to ear he says,"he's focking crazy."I'm assuming he was talking about the O-cordinator.

Either way I agree with your post completely,and hope to see Marty hoist his first Lombardi.

2bikemike
12-11-2006, 04:52 PM

Man can I definately relate to that. I hate it when the Chargers do well. Way too many band wagon fans around here.

I know Marty's penchant for falling apart in the playoffs, but this year seems different. I think he is going to get to the SB. The Chargers are very balanced and look like they are hitting on all cylinders.

I guess I'm a bit jealous.

ChiefFripp
12-11-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm hoping San Diego and New Orleans meet in the Superbowl. I think that would be a pretty good matchup, although I see SD winning it. Good luck Marty( after next Sunday that is)!

Mr. Laz
12-11-2006, 04:54 PM
If maryt wins a super bowl how long will it take for Carl to step up and say "I told you marty could win it all ........ i wanted to keep Marty and all the media types ran him off"

"media types" translates to "non-real fans" of course.

Skip Towne
12-11-2006, 04:56 PM
I love it. Dave Krieg and Elvis Grbac played like shit because Shotty was a bad coach, not because they were shitty QBs.
Montana played well because he told Marty to STFU.
Now the Chargers lead the league in scoring because his coordinators ignore him and the FO shoves stuff down his throat.
I'm sure he has many a sleepless night trying to figure out how to ruin his offense.

Oh!! And how's that guy that Marty wanted, but the FO shoved Rivers down his throat doing these days. I bet he sucks. Does he suck?
It also wasn't Marty who missed those field goals. And it wasn't Marty who committed "The Fumble".

kcxiv
12-11-2006, 04:58 PM
I am pulling for Marty to win it all. He Deserves it.

Even if he doesnt win it all. Still must be fun to even make the play offs. starting to forget what its like over here.

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 05:02 PM
All along I've been telling SD fans that come playoff time, Marty will choke. Not to mention the fact that he has a second year guy under center. But lately I've started getting this queasy feeling in my stomach when thinking about it. I'd liuke to think I'm right, and Marty will f#ck it up some how, but he has as complete a team as he's ever had. And that being the case, if he doesn't make it this year, he never will.

- the guy who said UT would never win a NC as long as Mack Brown was the HC

Calcountry
12-11-2006, 05:47 PM
i'm rootin for marty now that kc is done. i like the team he has, and he does deserve it. but he'll probably blow it. epecially since i'm on the charger band wagon.I am rooting for the Saints.

There is no franchise in the NFL who have had more consistent futility than these guys. Sure, Bum Phillips restored some KC Chief mediocrity to them for a couple of seasons, but this team is the real deal when it comes to stinking up the NFL season after season.

My vote is for the Saints. If they win it all, it will be yet another step down on the rung of futility for the Chiefs.

We really need to hit bottom in order for things to get better.

Bugeater
12-11-2006, 08:22 PM
All along I've been telling SD fans that come playoff time, Marty will choke. Not to mention the fact that he has a second year guy under center. But lately I've started getting this queasy feeling in my stomach when thinking about it. I'd liuke to think I'm right, and Marty will f#ck it up some how, but he has as complete a team as he's ever had. And that being the case, if he doesn't make it this year, he never will.

- the guy who said UT would never win a NC as long as Mack Brown was the HC
Mack Brown didn't win that Nat'l Title, Vince Young did.

Simplex3
12-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Here here.

DJJasonp
12-11-2006, 08:26 PM
This would be true if he were still playing Marty ball, but he is NOT Proof being the Chargers are leading the league in scoring @ 32.7 points per game. Plus he is finally playing young players like Rivers (even though he was shoved down his throat from the front office).

No sir boys and girls this is NOT the Marty we had in Kansas City.

That's all well and good....but, just like back in the 90's, Marty will revert back to the old Marty once the playoffs come around.

The real Marty was hijacked by Tom Cruise and he's using one of those Mission Impossible masks to masquerade as Marty....

Once the playoffs come around, and Tom has to go back to being full-time Scientoligist/lunatic.....the real marty will return and derail this powerhouse team.

I've seen it too many times.....

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Mack Brown didn't win that Nat'l Title, Vince Young did.

I didn't say he did. I said UT wouldn't win it as long as he was the HC.

Bugeater
12-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I didn't say he did. I said UT wouldn't win it as long as he was the HC.
Isn't that basically the same thing?

chiefs4me
12-11-2006, 08:46 PM
i just don't think i could handle it :shake:

:(:shake:

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Isn't that basically the same thing?

:spock: You have me confused. If it's the same thing than it is the same thing wether we are talking about Brown or Young and distinguishing between the two is....????

Bugeater
12-11-2006, 08:56 PM
:spock: You have me confused. If it's the same thing than it is the same thing wether we are talking about Brown or Young and distinguishing between the two is....????
My point is, saying that UT won't win a NC as long as Mack Brown is the head coach, which you said you said, is the same as saying that Mack Brown won't win a NC as a head coach, which you said you didn't say.

Skip Towne
12-11-2006, 09:00 PM
It's worth the trip just to get shitty with me.
That's probably right.

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 09:10 PM
My point is, saying that UT won't win a NC as long as Mack Brown is the head coach, which you said you said, is the same as saying that Mack Brown won't win a NC as a head coach, which you said you didn't say.

Looking back it, I didn't even come close to typing what I intended to.

It doesn't matter who was responsible for the win, the point is I was wrong. That's all that sign off was about, saying that my notion that Marty will choke it away again means dick when it is all said and done.

Coach
12-11-2006, 09:14 PM

That's a very good question. When Marty and Carl were together, they were in the playoffs from 1990 to 1995, and 1997.

After Marty left, only one. 2003.

I think CP is an incomptent, even if Marty loses the 1st playoff game this year.

SLQ
12-11-2006, 09:17 PM
I don't know. If it makes CP look like an incompetent boob, then I'm all for it.Last time I checked Marty isn't currently tied to the Chiefs. Efforts to show your disdain for CP is misplaced.

Skip Towne
12-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Looking back it, I didn't even come close to typing what I intended to.

It doesn't matter who was responsible for the win, the point is I was wrong. That's all that sign off was about, saying that my notion that Marty will choke it away again means dick when it is all said and done.
Exactly right. Even while flipping coins. While the odds are 50/50 heads or tails, if you flip nine straight heads, the odds are still 50/50 on the 10th flip. Marty is a work in progress. He is still evolving and he learns from his past mistakes. I hope he wins it all. He is the best coach the Chiefs have ever had.

milkman
12-11-2006, 11:02 PM
He is the best coach the Chiefs have ever had.

If you had said 2nd best, even I would agree with you.

Baby Lee
12-12-2006, 09:23 AM
If you had said 2nd best, even I would agree with you.
How, 'bout best since I was an infant, barely beginning my journey to the ability to coherently process sights and sounds?

Amnorix
12-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Chargers and Ravens seem to have all the cards in their hands. Everyone else has big freaking problems.

If he does win, you've still got it better than Browns fans. Their owner took their team to another town and won a SB with it. Then the guy that they rode out of town on a rail, absolutely vilified and crushed as a total moron, became the HC of what counts in the NFL as a mini-dynasty. Meanwhile, their new expansion team continues to suck massively.

Or, of course, the Lions, who have something like 7 playoff wins in 70 years or somesuch absurd stat.

Chiefnj
12-12-2006, 10:36 AM
It would kind of be fun if San Diego won the Super Bowl and they thanked Eli Manning and his father Archie for not wanting to play in San Diego.

Mr. Laz
12-12-2006, 10:49 AM
It would kind of be fun if San Diego won the Super Bowl and they thanked Eli Manning and his father Archie for not wanting to play in San Diego.
LMAO

that would be 1 upside to a Charger win

StcChief
12-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Growing up in Illinois Bear/Packer country...

Either works for me....

Chargers / Bears SB
Ravens / Bears SB

htismaqe
12-12-2006, 11:01 AM
How, 'bout best since I was an infant, barely beginning my journey to the ability to coherently process sights and sounds?

Considering I was born in 1973, he's probably the best Chiefs coach in MY lifetime.

Nzoner
12-12-2006, 11:08 AM

brilliant!!

Baby Lee
12-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Considering I was born in 1973, he's probably the best Chiefs coach in MY lifetime.
Yeah, that x-mas OT loss to Miami in the new Arrowhead. I was 3 mos old, getting pictures taken of me on my first x-mas next to my first Teddy Bear.
Still got that Frankstein looking guy.

Predarat
12-12-2006, 11:39 AM
The Ravens are just the type of team to bring 'playoff Marty' into full effect. Marty Schottenheimer in the regular season turns into Bozo the Chokenheimer in the playoffs. This never fails and will not fail again this year. His games are games I don't even have to think about in my office pool, just pick against Mary, take the Under and you get two points right there.

Warrior5
12-12-2006, 11:45 AM
I want Marty Schottenheimer to win it all for two reasons. The first reason is because the man deserves it.

Most importantly, I believe a Schottenheimer SB would be a catalyst for improving the Chiefs. I want change in the Chiefs' organization. I want standards established and enforced, and I want people ruthlessly held accountable. The Chargers' ownership has done this with Marty Schottenheimer and the team leadership; it has forced change, resulting in a winner. Clark Hunt, please take notice.

After 4 decades of devoted fanship, I'm fed up with "feel good" human interest stories. They haven't got Lamar his trophy, let alone the Lombardi. The game is about nothing less than winning, and I want a winner in KC again.

I selfishly want it for me, but I want also want it for Lamar Hunt (although it may be too late for that). I want it for this city. Most of all, I want it for all the fans who have faithfully stood by this team for decades.

Dartgod
12-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Last time I checked Marty isn't currently tied to the Chiefs. Efforts to show your disdain for CP is misplaced.
WTF are you babbling about?

tk13
12-12-2006, 12:34 PM
You know, I'm not so sure Marty winning wouldn't make Carl more stubborn. People have got on him for trying to bring back "Martyball" with Herm. If the last two Super Bowl winners are Marty and Bill Cowher, Carl's just gonna say "Look, I'm doing the right thing." And not change anything.

htismaqe
12-12-2006, 01:41 PM
You know, I'm not so sure Marty winning wouldn't make Carl more stubborn. People have got on him for trying to bring back "Martyball" with Herm. If the last two Super Bowl winners are Marty and Bill Cowher, Carl's just gonna say "Look, I'm doing the right thing." And not change anything.

Good point.

Lzen
12-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Marty Rocks!!

milkman
12-12-2006, 09:11 PM

I was 15 when the Chiefs let Hank Stram go, so that wouldn't apply.