PDA

View Full Version : What is Trent's problem?

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 04:07 PM
On his two interceptions:

“I really don’t want to talk about that. Those were two negative plays that we can’t have. I was just trying to make something happen. I’ll just leave it at that.”

shaneo69
12-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Translation: "I can't throw it and catch it too."

SBK
12-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Trent's problem stands to his left and to his right. I-65 and I-74 and whichever other deadbeat lines up at tackle.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2006, 04:11 PM
bad protection ... low effort by receiver

noa
12-11-2006, 04:11 PM
All he said was that he was forcing the ball. I think its a good observation. Sounds to me like he's owning up to his mistakes, not trying to blame anyone else.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 04:13 PM
He threw the interceptions on purpose. He was giving our defense the business.

Donger
12-11-2006, 04:13 PM
All he said was that he was forcing the ball. I think its a good observation. Sounds to me like he's owning up to his mistakes, not trying to blame anyone else.

You're amazingly bad at reading between the lines, aren't you.

el borracho
12-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Trent has a couple of problems:
He has zero time behind our Oline
Our receivers aren't very good
His aim and/ or timing are off since his injury

Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:14 PM
For anyone blaming our offensive line, I laugh...

He had great protection in the first quarter...and seriously, what do you expect on 3rd and long when they are blitzing?!

Huard never had any protection, and he got rid of the ball right away...often just throwing it in TG's vicinity and having his playmaker make plays...or swinging it to LJ and having him bust some tackles for a first down (assuming he caught the ball)...

Trent is trying too hard to be 2003 Trent Green, he's not playing within his means...

The reason our offense was so effective with Huard was because Huard realized his strenghts and his weaknesses and played accordingly...Green isn't doing that.

If Green slows down, takes what the defense gives him, and doesn't try to force the ball to Parker...he'll be fine.

Say whatever you want to about Green being the best option for this team, but until he starts hitting the flats or hitting Tony G to the likes of what Huard did, Edwards ****ed our team out of the playoffs by sitting the guy who put is in the race to begin with.

I don't care what anyone says anymore about it, either.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Trent has a couple of problems:
He has zero time behind our Oline
Our receivers aren't very good
and these weren't problems when Huard was playing QB?!

Hey, remember me, Mr. Huard backer...

What was my reasoning?!

BECAUSE HUARD GETS RID OF THE ****ING BALL AND THUS HIDES OUR BIGGEST WEAKNESS, THE OFFENSIVE LINE.

If you recall, I said time and time again Green was BY FAR the more talented QB, but I also said Huard was the better QB for THIS team.

Everyone told me that didn't make sense...is it starting to make sense yet?

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 04:17 PM
The reason our offense was so effective with Huard was because Huard realized his strenghts and his weaknesses and played accordingly...Green isn't doing that.

WRONG.

The reason Huard was so effective is because he faced a bunch of shitty defenses.

San Francisco...check.

Arizona...check.

Seattle...check.

St. Louis...check.

The ONE exception to this rule was the San Diego game.

Huard would have been eaten alive against Oakland, Denver and Baltimore. Just as he was eaten alive by Denver, Pittsburgh and Miami.

noa
12-11-2006, 04:17 PM
You're amazingly bad at reading between the lines, aren't you.

Do you think he was blaming the receivers?

Donger
12-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Do you think he was blaming the receivers?

I don't know. But he sure as hell wasn't blaming himself.

el borracho
12-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Which top five defenses did Huard face this season?

el borracho
12-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Heh. GoChiefs is fast.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:20 PM
GoChiefs, I'm not even going to argue this one with you...

You can go by trends all you want, I don't really give a ****...but Huard lit up San Diego at home, and San Diego has a better pass rush than Baltimore...

Green had plenty of time to either throw the ball away or hit LJ/TG somewhere on the field, but he took sack after sack after sack..

Both INT's were balls thrown to his wide receivers...

The fumble happened when we were in field goal range...

I understand no one on this board is going to admit Huard would've led this team to the playoffs.

That's fine.

We're not playoff bound, it sucks, blah blah blah...

I love Trent, let him finish the season as starter, and then let's start over.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Which top five defenses did Huard face this season?
blah blah blah blah blah

"Well, Huard only threw 1 INT in 8 starts, but 19 more SHOULD'VE been picked off, blah blah blah..."

I GET IT GUYS...

Huard does no right
Green does no wrong

Huard's 5-3 record as a starter, including 3 4th quarter comebacks was all a fluke.

I understand it...

Huard taking ZERO sacks against San Diego...FLUKE.

Green is God.

I know...

noa
I don't know. But he sure as hell wasn't blaming himself.

Maybe I'm not cynical enough, but when he says, "I was just trying to make something happen," it sounds like a pretty good assessment. He was forcing the ball (especially on that INT he threw Samie Parker's way), which he has had problems with in the past.

HemiEd

Has he been able to get a screen pass in the right area code yet?

Hammock Parties
Huard lit up San Diego at home, and San Diego has a better pass rush than Baltimore...

Since when? We knocked out one of their pass rushers. The other one was neutralized. Huard only completed 15 of 27 passes that day. He had average numbers until the last drive of the game. Credit to him for getting it done, but that was the only time all year he played at a high level against a good defense.

I understand no one on this board is going to admit Huard would've led this team to the playoffs.

I love Trent, let him finish the season as starter, and then let's start over.

What a joke. Huard would not have beaten Baltimore yesterday. And Trent is back next year. So sorry to disappoint.

Basileus777
12-11-2006, 04:24 PM
and San Diego has a better pass rush than Baltimore...

Yeah, San Diego has 2 more sacks than Baltimore. The Ravens only have 46 sacks this year, their pass rush is a joke. :rolleyes:

Baltimore leads the league in interceptions by the way. Every qb except for one has thrown an INT against them.

Oh, Olshansky was out and Phillips didn't play most of the game. San Diego was without 2 elements of their front seven.

shaneo69
12-11-2006, 04:24 PM
and these weren't problems when Huard was playing QB?!

Hey, remember me, Mr. Huard backer...

What was my reasoning?!

BECAUSE HUARD GETS RID OF THE ****ING BALL AND THUS HIDES OUR BIGGEST WEAKNESS, THE OFFENSIVE LINE.

If you recall, I said time and time again Green was BY FAR the more talented QB, but I also said Huard was the better QB for THIS team.

Everyone told me that didn't make sense...is it starting to make sense yet?

Huard sucks. His fumble killed all of our momentum and cost us the Denver game, and another one of his fumbles would have single-handedly killed us in the San Diego game had Tynes not hit the 53 yard miracle FG.

His performances at Pittsburgh and Miami are more indicative of the talent he has.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:25 PM
GoChiefs...I don't think you know shit about anything anymore...

How the hell do you know Huard wouldn't have won against Baltimore AT home?

I know one thing...he certainly wouldn't have forced those two INT's to Parker and Kennison...

Huard was great for this team because he threw the ball to Gonzalez and LJ at least 15 times per game combined...

How many times did Green look towards Gonzo/LJ yesterday? Four total? Huh?

I'll do it again...

As soon as someone gives me a good reason why Green rather throw the ball to Samie Parker rather than Larry Johnson, I'll shut up and admit Green is the better QB for this team...

Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, San Diego has 2 more sacks than Baltimore. The Ravens only have 46 sacks this year, their pass rush is a joke. :rolleyes:

Oh, Olshansky was out and Phillips didn't play most of the game. San Diego was without 2 elements of their front seven.
Yeah...

I mean, somewhere in this thread I DID call Baltimore's pass rush a joke...

Jesus Christ man, just neg rep me 10 times like usual and get it over with...

Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Huard sucks. His fumble killed all of our momentum and cost us the Denver game, and another one of his fumbles would have single-handedly killed us in the San Diego game had Tynes not hit the 53 yard miracle FG.

His performances at Pittsburgh and Miami are more indicative of the talent he has.
ROFL

No ****ing way...

I cannot believe I just read this...

DID WE FORGET ABOUT THE GREEN FUMBLE NEAR THE END OF REGULATION AGAINST CLEVELAND?

DID WE FORGET THE GREEN FUMBLE YESTERDAY? THE TWO INT'S?! GETTING SACKED FIVE ****ING TIMES???????

DID WE FORGET GREEN IS 2-3 AS A STARTER THIS YEAR?

DID WE FORGET GREEN THREW FOR 4 ****ING YARDS IN THE FIRST HALF OF THE OAKLAND GAME?

DID WE FORGET HUARD HAD THREE FOURTH QUARTER COMEBACKS THIS YEAR?

DID WE FORGET HUARD LED US ON A 30 SECOND DRIVE TO BEAT THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE...WHILE TAKING ZERO SACKS THAT GAME...AGAINST A SAN DIEGO TEAM WITH SHAWNE MERRIMAN?

ROFL

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 04:29 PM
GoChiefs...I don't think you know shit about anything anymore...

How the hell do you know Huard wouldn't have won against Baltimore AT home?

He proved he had hit his ceiling in Miami. Teams had figured out his game. That's why his ass is on the bench.

Baltimore has the athletes to blanket Gonzalez and snuff out any garbage dumps to LJ in the flat. That wouldn't have worked.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:32 PM
He proved he had hit his ceiling in Miami. Teams had figured out his game. That's why his ass is on the bench.

Baltimore has the athletes to blanket Gonzalez and snuff out any garbage dumps to LJ in the flat. That wouldn't have worked.
Miami's defense is JUST as good as Baltimore's...

They proved that when they shut out New England last year...

They proved that when they handed the Bears their first loss of the year...

Miami's defense has played stellar all year long...

You're judging ONE bad game by Huard...saying that it was his ceiling...

Green has played ONE good game this year, ONE average game, and three shitty ass games...

Huard played two shitty games, and some of his best games (Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco, Arizona) were better than Green's one good game (where he threw an INT in field goal territory that would've locked the game up for KC)...

So honestly, don't be like the rest of the board that sees Green as God because he was so efficient for so many years with an offense that allowed him to consistently drop back 7 steps, have all day to throw the ball, maybe make a sandwich, etc. etc. etc.

He was great under the greatest offensive system to ever hit the NFL, but he's not so good anymore...

Tribal Warfare
12-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Plain and simple the O-line sucks at pass protection

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Miami's defense is JUST as good as Baltimore's...

That's a ridiculous statement.

The rest of your post is funny, too. Green had a bad game yesterday but the rest of the year he's been on target. Just because the gameplan called for fewer passes against Oakland and Denver doesn't mean he had a bad game.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Plain and simple the O-line sucks at pass protection
and we all knew that...

In my HONEST opinion, I didn't think the O-line sucked that bad yesterday...

And this is why Huard was better for this team...

I said every single time that Green was far and away more talented of a QB than Damon...but Damon's best strength as QB is his ability to make the quick decision and, when in doubt, throw it to a playmaker...

Green is far too reliant on our mediocre WR's, something he could do in the past because of single coverage due to our 5+ YPC run game and our potent offense...and he's far too reliant on having time to analyze the entire field...

He simply cannot be the QB he was last year, the year before, or even the year before that...we don't have Tait and Roaf anymore...

el borracho
12-11-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm not sure why you are freaking out, Hootie. The whole football world agrees- Huard is not that good.

The fact is that he did not face any top rated defenses. There is no real way to predict what he would have done against a top rated defense. My guess is not much. Huard is not better than Green.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:38 PM
That's a ridiculous statement.
Right.

Chicago's defense is far and away the best defense in the league...

Miami/San Diego/Baltimore are all in that second tier...

el borracho
12-11-2006, 04:39 PM
P.S. Do you realize that even GoChiefs is against Huard over Green and GoChiefs was one of the only supporters early on. What does that tell you?

shaneo69
12-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Maybe I'm not cynical enough, but when he says, "I was just trying to make something happen," it sounds like a pretty good assessment. He was forcing the ball (especially on that INT he threw Samie Parker's way), which he has had problems with in the past.

Whenever I hear him use that excuse, it always sounds to me like he's saying, well, none of the other guys were playing worth a sh*t, so the only way we had a chance to win is if I did it myself.

I guess once it's out of his hands, it's up to someone else to make a play.

And it always comes out like he wants to make sure everyone knows it wasn't his fault, but he doesn't want to point fingers at the guilty party. But that's exactly what he's doing.

Why doesn't he just say (for example), well, on the first one, I made a bad read and didn't see #20 underneath, and on the 2nd one, the ball just sailed out of my hand, just a bad throw on my part.

At least that would sound better than acting like he needs to cut short the questioning because he's afraid he'll end up calling people out if he's pressed for more details about the interceptions.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm not sure why you are freaking out, Hootie. The whole football world agrees- Huard is not that good.

The fact is that he did not face any top rated defenses. There is no real way to predict what he would have done against a top rated defense. My guess is not much. Huard is not better than Green.
The whole football world? You mean, the majority of Chiefs fans? If so, awesome.

You're right, Green is a better QB than Huard...but not for this team.

This team needs a QB willing to throw the ball to his running back in the flats, or to his all-pro/all-world/future hall of fame tight end when in doubt...or get rid of the ball...not take 5 sacks a game...something Huard did very well.

2bikemike
12-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Whether Green is the right guy or not, His problem has always been to force throws when things are going poorly.

As far as judging a QB by his wins or losses as a starter always requires a little more digging. Saying Green is 2-3 as a starter this year is negating the fact that he played a damn good game in Cleveland to have it all nullified by a fugging horrible defensive effort.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:42 PM
P.S. Do you realize that even GoChiefs is against Huard over Green and GoChiefs was one of the only supporters early on. What does that tell you?
He's also the same guy that said our secondary wasn't that bad last week...

He's a total Chiefs homer.

I like him, I like what he does for this board...but that's about the extent of it.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Whether Green is the right guy or not, His problem has always been to force throws when things are going poorly.

As far as judging a QB by his wins or losses as a starter always requires a little more digging. Saying Green is 2-3 as a starter this year is negating the fact that he played a damn good game in Cleveland to have it all nullified by a fugging horrible defensive effort.
He did play a damn good game...

But he also forced a ball to Kris Wilson that was costly...and he nearly fumbled the game away in regulation, as well.

siberian khatru
12-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Trent: "I'm trying to be a good teammate here ..."

shaneo69
12-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey Hootie, if you were smart, you would just shut your mouth until Huard is given a starting job when he becomes a free agent this offseason. When somebody signs him and pays him to be their starter, you can come back and tell everyone that you told us so.

But at this point, you sound like a total idiot jack@ss.

tk13
12-11-2006, 04:57 PM
The Huard/Green argument is pointless because down the stretch our defense has decided it likes to fall apart in the 4th quarter.

Chief Henry
12-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Since when? We knocked out one of their pass rushers. The other one was neutralized. Huard only completed 15 of 27 passes that day. He had average numbers until the last drive of the game. Credit to him for getting it done, but that was the only time all year he played at a high level against a good defense.

What a joke. Huard would not have beaten Baltimore yesterday. And Trent is back next year. So sorry to disappoint.

Huard wasn't throwing passes at the chins and ankle's of his receivers like Trent has been. Our first drive yesterday was killed by Trent throwing the ball in the fricking dirt. If that pass is two inch's higher its a first down and where on the way to a TD and a whole different game.

I woul love to see a chart that shows Trent's passes that reach his receivers at there knee caps or lower. I'm guessing 30% of his passes
reach our receivers below the knees and that SUCKS.

Even his Cleveland performace was like that, oh thats right he had 4
TD passes. But How many dirt balls or ankle balls did he through?

noa
12-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Whenever I hear him use that excuse, it always sounds to me like he's saying, well, none of the other guys were playing worth a sh*t, so the only way we had a chance to win is if I did it myself.

I guess once it's out of his hands, it's up to someone else to make a play.

And it always comes out like he wants to make sure everyone knows it wasn't his fault, but he doesn't want to point fingers at the guilty party. But that's exactly what he's doing.

Why doesn't he just say (for example), well, on the first one, I made a bad read and didn't see #20 underneath, and on the 2nd one, the ball just sailed out of my hand, just a bad throw on my part.

At least that would sound better than acting like he needs to cut short the questioning because he's afraid he'll end up calling people out if he's pressed for more details about the interceptions.

I definitely agree with you that he could be more specific in taking the blame himself and describing why those passes he made were mistakes. Still, saying you don't want to talk about it is not the same as saying "Hey, its not my fault."

Chief Henry
12-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Hey Hootie, if you were smart, you would just shut your mouth until Huard is given a starting job when he becomes a free agent this offseason. When somebody signs him and pays him to be their starter, you can come back and tell everyone that you told us so.

But at this point, you sound like a total idiot jack@ss.

Hootie,

Don't let a few board members ruin your day. Some board members
feel superior over others. Your opinion is as valid as others. Some may not think so, but fug'em if they don't respect yours.

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 05:17 PM
The whole football world? You mean, the majority of Chiefs fans? If so, awesome.

This team needs a QB willing to throw the ball to his running back in the flats, or to his all-pro/all-world/future hall of fame tight end when in doubt...or get rid of the ball...not take 5 sacks a game...something Huard did very well.

Uhm, I seem to recall Green going to Gonzo early in the game a couple of times and TG dropping the damn balls. Tony has turned it on the past several weeks, until yesterday (and the Denver game, but he gets a pass for the obvious injury reason) when he was as undependable as all the other WRs.

Skip Towne
12-11-2006, 05:19 PM
I'll shut up and admit Green is the better QB for this team...
That would be nice.

BigRock
12-11-2006, 05:20 PM
This team needs a QB willing to throw the ball to his all-pro/all-world/future hall of fame tight end
Like last week, when Tony had 100 yards and 2 TDs? Where did this "Trent doesn't throw to Tony" stuff come from?

Mr. Laz
12-11-2006, 05:28 PM
A quarterback sure isn't help when the playcalling is predictable.

he isn't helped by 3rd and long either

Hermie/Marty ball did both to Trent against the Ravens.

coaching can either help or hurt the talent on the field ... we didn't help.

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 05:30 PM

I agree with this; Trent was not helped by much of anyone yesterday.

At the same time though, he didn't help himself out much either. He had a shitty game, period.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2006, 05:38 PM
I agree with this; Trent was not helped by much of anyone yesterday.

At the same time though, he didn't help himself out much either. He had a shitty game, period.
yep .... Trent really isn't the kind of QB that you can load the offense onto his back and say "take us there"

he's throws best "in rhythm" and when he doesn't have to adjust his feet before throwing.

you make Green side step or stutter his feet and his accuracy drops like a rock.

Martyball just makes QB's look bad generally ...... unless the running game is really rolling. Against good defenses the running game doesn't get rolling until you back them off with the pass.

we've been through all this many times before ...... that's why marty was labeled a Quarterback-killer by so many people for so long.

Valiant
If Huard goes to some other team to be a backup are you leaving too hopefully???

'Hamas' Jenkins
Throwing an occasional pass on first down, running a draw, or running a screen may have helped Trent out yesterday as well.

Trent's biggest problem is that dumb motherf*cker calling the plays. His second biggest problem are the motherf*ckers protecting the edges, or NOT/borat... protecting as it were

DeezNutz
I'm confident that rational discourse will be drowned by the pissing contest going on in this thread, but what the heck...

Don't blame everything on the o-line yesterday. Trent held the ball too long on too many occassions, and, at times, such as the 2nd int., he appeared noticably rattled by the pass rush; the problem was that the rush wasn't there yet, and the Green I have watched for the previous 4 years or so could have given a damn about getting hit. This wasn't the Trent I saw yesterday.

Back to my first point, though. I'm not saying that Green's necessarily at fault for not getting the ball out quicker. If our large, physical receivers were somehow unable to break coverage, which seems particularly unlikely, then what's he to do? I guess get rid of it and play another down, but...

Mr. Laz
12-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Throwing an occasional pass on first down, running a draw, or running a screen may have helped Trent out yesterday as well.

Trent's biggest problem is that dumb motherf*cker calling the plays. His second biggest problem are the motherf*ckers protecting the edges, or NOT/borat... protecting as it were
~The better the defense you are facing, the more unpredictable you need to be on offense~

Herm has no freaking clue about why that is imo

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Throwing an occasional pass on first down,

Man, they tried that. Trent fumbled and Baltimore recovered.

We just couldn't win yesterday.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 06:01 PM
the problem was that the rush wasn't there yet, and the Green I have watched for the previous 4 years or so could have given a damn about getting hit. This wasn't the Trent I saw yesterday.

I actually completely agree with you. He was feeling some phantom rushers on a few plays.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Man, they tried that. Trent fumbled and Baltimore recovered.

We just couldn't win yesterday.

Trying it once doesn't equate to trying it.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Trying it once doesn't equate to trying it.

I'm not trying to absolve Solari. He sucked. But they couldn't do anything right yesterday.

Although passing on first down 4 times the entire game before the last garbage drive is pretty shitty. Jeez. We should have come out throwing like we did against Denver.

DeezNutz
12-11-2006, 06:09 PM
I actually completely agree with you. He was feeling some phantom rushers on a few plays.

No doubt. Not all the time yesterday, but a couple of times were pretty glaring. No one is his right mind could ever question Trent's heart, but he's been a bit off since his return.

FringeNC
12-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Most of Trent's problems yesterday can be explained by this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=teampass&sort=rat&pos=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

Baltimore is 2nd in the NFL against the pass. In the past, Roaf may have been enough to counter the strength, but no more...

By the way, look how bad we are against the pass....

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 06:39 PM
yep .... Trent really isn't the kind of QB that you can load the offense onto his back and say "take us there"

he's throws best "in rhythm" and when he doesn't have to adjust his feet before throwing.

you make Green side step or stutter his feet and his accuracy drops like a rock.

Martyball just makes QB's look bad generally ...... unless the running game is really rolling. Against good defenses the running game doesn't get rolling until you back them off with the pass.

we've been through all this many times before ...... that's why marty was labeled a Quarterback-killer by so many people for so long.

I hesitate to go that far. I've made the point at least a couple of times before: Trent's numbers the past few years are amazing considering his best receiver has been his TE. Give him a true #1, and some play calling to help keep the D honest, and watch what happens. Hell, if just half of the dropped passes his WRs have had the past few years had been held onto, he very well may have beaten Manning yards catagory instead of being second to. I think Trent has put this offense on his shoulders and carried them several times. Yeah, a lot of time behind a great O-line makes a huge difference, unless your WR corps can't get seperation or hold onto the ball. I'd say Trent has done as much for this O as Priest Holmes or LJ ever have.

FAX
12-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I hesitate to go that far. I've made the point at least a couple of times before: Trent's numbers the past few years are amazing considering his best receiver has been his TE. Give him a true #1, and some play calling to help keep the D honest, and watch what happens. Hell, if just half of the dropped passes his WRs have had the past few years had been held onto, he very well may have beaten Manning yards catagory instead of being second to. I think Trent has put this offense on his shoulders and carried them several times. Yeah, a lot of time behind a great O-line makes a huge difference, unless your WR corps can't get seperation or hold onto the ball. I'd say Trent has done as much for this O as Priest Holmes or LJ ever have.

Amenskis comrade.

FAX

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Hey...

I'm just saying...

When Huard had a bad game against Miami the whole board was talking about how terrible he was and how Trent would never let that happen...

Well lookee lookee...

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Hey...

I'm just saying...

When Huard had a bad game against Miami the whole board was talking about how terrible he was and how Trent would never let that happen...

Well lookee lookee...

Uh, Huard faltered at the end of that game.

Green rose to the occasion against Oakland and Denver the following two weeks.

There's no argument here.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:18 PM
lol...

Ok GoChiefs, you keep telling yourself that...

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Uh, Huard faltered at the end of that game.

Green rose to the occasion against Oakland and Denver the following two weeks.

There's no argument here.

You know, most everyone was of the opinion that Green would cost us a game or two shaking off the rust, he just delayed it a few weeks.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 07:21 PM
lol...

Ok GoChiefs, you keep telling yourself that...

Why not? It's completely true.

Down 13-10 against Miami, lose.

Down 13-10 against Oakland, WIN.

Up 16-10 against Denver, backed up, needing a huge completion on third down to keep the drive alive....perfect bullet for a first down. Go on to win the game.

You don't have a goddamn leg to stand on. Huard is not better for this football team. You're only interested in promoting your own agenda that you are smarter than the rest of us. You were bound to do this as soon as Green had a bad game and we lost.

Sure-Oz
12-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Why not? It's completely true.

Down 13-10 against Miami, lose.

Down 13-10 against Oakland, WIN.

Up 16-10 against Denver, backed up, needing a huge completion on third down to keep the drive alive....perfect bullet for a first down. Go on to win the game.

You don't have a goddamn leg to stand on. Huard is not better for this football team. You're only interested in promoting your own agenda that you are smarter than the rest of us. You were bound to do this as soon as Green had a bad game and we lost.
It's called a man crush, maybe he will go root Huards next team on?

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Huard had THREE fourth quarter comebacks...yet you pick the one game where he didn't deliver...

Cool.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:26 PM
It's called a man crush, maybe he will go root Huards next team on?
You are one of the dumbest people on this board.

I'm not talking about your Chiefs knowledge, either...

You might very well know what you're talking about when it comes to the Chiefs...but from what I've collected, it seems as if you have a limited amount of common sense, if any...

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:28 PM
(not to mention we STILL scored 10 points in the 4th quarter against Miami to try and come back, and LJ ONLY had 75 rushing yards...)

Honestly...you people expected more out of Damon than you do out of Trent, which is ridiculous...and yet another reason Damon should've remained starter.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Huard had THREE fourth quarter comebacks...yet you pick the one game where he didn't deliver...

Cool.

Not really.

He had ONE drive where the Chiefs were trailing and needed a drive to win the game. He completed a big pass on that drive but the receiver was WIDE OPEN and Huard actually overthrew him.

Against Oakland, Green had to deliver PERFECT passes to Kennison and Parker. Same against Denver.

That is the difference.

Raiderhater

You might very well know what you're talking about when it comes to the Chiefs...but from what I've collected, it seems as if you have a limited amount of common sense, if any...

Oh the irony.

Sure-Oz

Hey, it's not my fault you think Huard is a better QB than Green. You are pretty stupid to think he would've done any better. Green played like shit, but he has been a solid QB. Hey, i'm just glad you didn't insult my spelling this time or grammar. I have nothing personal with you, but you bring up Huard in almost all these threads, it got old 2 months ago.

Sure-Oz
12-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Not really.

He had ONE drive where the Chiefs were trailing and needed a drive to win the game. He completed a big pass on that drive but the receiver was WIDE OPEN and Huard actually overthrew him.

Against Oakland, Green had to deliver PERFECT passes to Kennison and Parker. Same against Denver.

That is the difference.
You will never win this argument with Hootie, ever.

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 07:30 PM
(not to mention we STILL scored 10 points in the 4th quarter against Miami to try and come back, and LJ ONLY had 75 rushing yards...)

Honestly...you people expected more out of Damon than you do out of Trent, which is ridiculous...and yet another reason Damon should've remained starter.

Only because you and GC kept pimping as being that good.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Not really.

That is the difference.
blah blah blah blah blah...

Huard 5-3
Green 2-3

Keep spinning it...

"Huard beat shitty teams!!!"

Huard has beaten two playoff locks, Green zero.

NewChief
12-11-2006, 07:33 PM
blah blah blah blah blah...

Huard 5-3
Green 2-3

Keep spinning it...

"Huard beat shitty teams!!!"

Huard has beaten two playoff locks, Green zero.

You're like a ****ing broken record. Welcome to iggy shithead.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:35 PM
You're like a ****ing broken record. Welcome to iggy shithead.
I invite everyone to ignore me if they don't like me.

No love loss here.

the Talking Can
12-11-2006, 07:38 PM
ha ha

hootie's hatred is unstoppable....I've never seen anyone so consumed with hatred for anyone, muchless a great starting QB...

much like KCJohhny he will never get over it....in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he were Johhny's kid...

bobbything
12-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Trent Green had a bad game. Just like the rest of the team. The tackles did not play well. I saw Waters and Shields get lit up too. You could tell he was getting antsy out there. He forced some throws that he shouldn't have. He held the ball too long.

Not to mention he's only played 4.5 games this year. He's starting off slow. Just like he does every season.

It doesn't really matter. All this Huard talk is comical. I heard some yahoo behind me at the game chanting "Da-mon Hu-ard!!" I wanted to punch him in the testicle. Anyone who thinks that Damon Huard would have led this team to a victory yesterday, any better than Trent Green, is beyond my help. Baltimore's defense is incredible. They abused us in all facets when we got within scoring range.

Just once, once, I'd like to see the defense actually WIN a game for us. When the offense is struggling, someone (coughcoughpriceyfreeagentcornerscoughcough) step up and make a play instead of giving up 87 yard pass plays when the opposition is backed up on their own 13 yard line. I know this isn't the 85 Bears, but I want to see the defense, on occasion, do what this offense did for so many years....bail out the other side when they're playing like ass.

That has happened only ONCE this year...

Cinci? Nope.
Denver? They kept us in it, but gave up the winning drive in OT.
Arizona? A screen to Johnson set up the winning score.
9'ers? Offense got up big.
Pitt? HA!
San Diego? Game winning field goal by Tynes.
Seattle? Magnificent catch by Kennison that bailed out Ty Law's dropped INT.
St. Louis? I don't even remember that game. Other than we gave up 400+ yards of offense to the Rams.
Miami? Again, they kept us in it, but never made a play to win it.
Oakland? I found the diamond in the rough. Pollards INT in the endzone.
Denver? Solid team effort all around.
Cleveland? Almost as bad as the Pitt game.
Baltimore...

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:39 PM
blah blah blah blahity blah blah

I've said time and time again Trent Green is, easily, my favorite Chief of all time.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Page had the INT in the endzone...

But I agree...

Just one, a pick 6 or something from the defense would be PHENOMENAL.

Sure-Oz
12-11-2006, 07:41 PM

I've said time and time again Trent Green is, easily, my favorite Chief of all time.
Are you sure it isn't Huard. You have backed up Trent and kept saying that, yet you contradict it?!

Just don't mention the H word everytime the chiefs play poorly, then maybe people won't "hate" on you. I don't even care, you don't bother me otherwise, it's just like the guy said above "broken record".

NewChief
12-11-2006, 07:41 PM
It doesn't really matter. All this Huard talk is comical. I heard some yahoo behind me at the game chanting "Da-mon Hu-ard!!"

Exactly. That's what I told my wife yesterday. She started in with the, "They'll be calling for Trent's head now. They'll want Huard back." I just laughed and said, you're right honey. Some people will be, but who cares? It isn't going to happen, so let them whine and cry all they want. It's not going to change a thing. It was gratifying to hear the 810 guys say the exact same thing after the game.

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 07:43 PM

It's obvious.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Exactly. That's what I told my wife yesterday. She started in with the, "They'll be calling for Trent's head now. They'll want Huard back." I just laughed and said, you're right honey. Some people will be, but who cares? It isn't going to happen, so let them whine and cry all they want. It's not going to change a thing. It was gratifying to hear the 810 guys say the exact same thing after the game.
And if you look at all of my posts, I said the exact same thing.

It would be dumb/disrespectful to go back to Huard at this point.

NewChief
12-11-2006, 07:44 PM
It's obvious.

Hootie's one of those guys who slams on gay people and minorities all the time then says, "Hey man. I'm not homophobic/racist. Some of my best friends are gay/black!"

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Hootie's one of those guys who slams on gay people and minorities all the time then says, "Hey man. I'm not homophobic/racist. Some of my best friends are gay/black!"
well duh

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:45 PM
but I don't have any friends that are gay or black...or gay and black, for that matter...I did work with this one gay black guy...he was really friggin' flamin'...he was ok, I guess...

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 07:46 PM

I called the Senator up just before the half ended and my first words were, "PUT IN HUARD!" I was, of course, being sarcastic. Told him I was just mimicking what Hootie was probably saying on here.

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 07:49 PM
And if you look at all of my posts, I said the exact same thing.

It would be dumb/disrespectful to go back to Huard at this point.

THEN QUIT BRINGING THE MAN'S NAME UP! Your doing so is every bit as dumb and disrespectful.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:50 PM
THEN QUIT BRINGING THE MAN'S NAME UP! Your doing so is every bit as dumb and disrespectful.
I'm not a part of the Chiefs organization...Trent Green is never going to read this...I'm just stating my opinion regarding Herm's decision to go to Green.

And, in my opinion, we aren't in the playoffs because of that...

Dinny Bossa Nova
12-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Hootie, you haven't been around long enough to remember the Denise/Gannon thing but I am now wondering.....

How do you feel about Huard's trousers?

Dinny

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm not a part of the Chiefs organization...Trent Green is never going to read this...I'm just stating my opinion regarding Herm's decision to go to Green.

WTF?

So we'd be 8-5 with Huard? Or are you saying he would have beaten Cleveland. ROFL

tk13
12-11-2006, 07:53 PM
You walk into a grocery store. You grab a cart out of the general cart-area, and go on your way shopping. You have a list, it has 3 or 4 items. You plan to get your items, and be on your way.

However, you go around to the first curve, and into the produce area, like any other grocery store. There, waiting, is a grocery store clerk. He's been waiting for you. You flash him a friendly smile, and say hello. He smiles back, replying. "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!" You are taken aback by his loud introduction, but that's okay, you're in a good mood today.

You mull through the produce aisle, minding your business. You hear footsteps behind you. Then, again, "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!" You jump sharply, a bit alarmed, but you just smile at him and go on your way.

You make it to the soup aisle. You are perusing through the fine selection of Campbell's gourmet soups. Someone taps your shoulder. You turn, looking behind you. The clerk is standing there. You raise your eyebrows, "Hm?" "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!" You take a deep breath and turn away, moving onto your next item.

You make your way to the dairy section. You get some milk, because cereal doesn't taste good with water. As you close the door to the milk closet, there he is again. Mildly annoyed, you put the milk in your cart and move along. As you pass he yells "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!"

Now flustered, you are tired of your shopping experience, and head to the checkout lane. You go immediately to the express lane. The sooner you get out of here, you better. You arrive at the express lane, and there he is again, checking your items across the scanner. As he scans each item, he repeats, "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!" You begin to pull at your hair, your eyes bug out, you grit your teeth. "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!"

You quickly pay for the items, and head out to the parking lot. The sound echoing through the chambers of your skull. You pop the trunk, placing your bags in the trunk quickly, trying to think of anything to escape the sounds of the clerk screaming. You close the trunk. There he is. Again. The clerk, staring at you, straight faced. You squint, turning your head slightly, giving him a quizzical look. A short pause. "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!'

You pull out a revolver and shoot the clerk in the face. His head explodes violently. You quickly throw his body in the trunk, and make your way to the nearest river to deposit his body. The entire time, the voices in your head are screaming "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!" You throw his body in the river, go home, gather your things, and move to Canada.

This is what it's like when Hootie posts.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:54 PM
WTF?

So we'd be 8-5 with Huard? Or are you saying he would have beaten Cleveland. ROFL

Who knows?

The games would've been totally different had Huard been the QB...it's that simple.

I'm saying we'd be in the playoffs had Huard remained our QB...that's my opinion...and this ROFL emoticon isn't going to magically change my mind...

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 07:54 PM

Yeah, we know that players and coaches never read this board...

Sure-Oz
12-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Who knows?

The games would've been totally different had Huard been the QB...it's that simple.

I'm saying we'd be in the playoffs had Huard remained our QB...that's my opinion...and this ROFL emoticon isn't going to magically change my mind...
Huard would've lost the cleveland game as well cause of our explosive diarhea collapse on defense.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:56 PM
You walk into a grocery store. You grab a cart out of the general cart-area, and go on your way shopping. You have a list, it has 3 or 4 items. You plan to get your items, and be on your way.

However, you go around to the first curve, and into the produce area, like any other grocery store. There, waiting, is a grocery store clerk. He's been waiting for you. You flash him a friendly smile, and say hello. He smiles back, replying. "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!" You are taken aback by his loud introduction, but that's okay, you're in a good mood today.

You mull through the produce aisle, minding your business. You hear footsteps behind you. Then, again, "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!" You jump sharply, a bit alarmed, but you just smile at him and go on your way.

You make it to the soup aisle. You are perusing through the fine selection of Campbell's gourmet soups. Someone taps your shoulder. You turn, looking behind you. The clerk is standing there. You raise your eyebrows, "Hm?" "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!" You take a deep breath and turn away, moving onto your next item.

You make your way to the dairy section. You get some milk, because cereal doesn't taste good with water. As you close the door to the milk closet, there he is again. Mildly annoyed, you put the milk in your cart and move along. As you pass he yells "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!"

Now flustered, you are tired of your shopping experience, and head to the checkout lane. You go immediately to the express lane. The sooner you get out of here, you better. You arrive at the express lane, and there he is again, checking your items across the scanner. As he scans each item, he repeats, "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!" You begin to pull at your hair, your eyes bug out, you grit your teeth. "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!"

You quickly pay for the items, and head out to the parking lot. The sound echoing through the chambers of your skull. You pop the trunk, placing your bags in the trunk quickly, trying to think of anything to escape the sounds of the clerk screaming. You close the trunk. There he is. Again. The clerk, staring at you, straight faced. You squint, turning your head slightly, giving him a quizzical look. A short pause. "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!'

You pull out a revolver and shoot the clerk in the face. His head explodes violently. You quickly throw his body in the trunk, and make your way to the nearest river to deposit his body. The entire time, the voices in your head screaming "PEARS ARE ON SALE! 45 CENTS!" You throw his body in the river, go home, gather your things, and move to Canada.

This is what it's like when Hootie posts.
Can't argue with this...

Hootie
12-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Huard would've lost the cleveland game as well cause of our explosive diarhea collapse on defense.
There is no way to know that...

Maybe with Huard, we never build a 14 point lead, never force the Browns in to a pass every down situation, find ourselves with the final possession, and win the game...

Green and Huard are different QB's, meaning games they play in are going to have different outcomes/different drive scenarios/etc. etc. etc...

There is no way to tell whether or not Huard would've won the game against Oakland, Denver, Baltimore or Cleveland...

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Maybe with Huard, we never build a 14 point lead, never force the Browns in to a pass every down situation, find ourselves with the final possession, and win the game...

When you put it like that, he is truly Herm's ideal QB. LMAO

Hootie
12-11-2006, 08:02 PM
When you put it like that, he is truly Herm's ideal QB. LMAO
or maybe we win by 60...

Raiderhater
12-11-2006, 08:04 PM

Green and Huard are different QB's, meaning games they play in are going to have different outcomes/different drive scenarios/etc. etc. etc...

There is no way to tell whether or not Huard would've won the game against Oakland, Denver, Baltimore or Cleveland...

Yeah, scoring a lot of points is overrated.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Trent Green sucks. He forces other teams to pass. That rat bastard.

Sure-Oz
12-11-2006, 08:09 PM

Oh man, you are serious....

Iowanian
12-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Watch the 2nd INT.....the Reciever, whom I'll leave unnamed, never raised his arms to even try to catch the pass....someone who wears Randy Moss' number got alligator arms and didn't want to take a hit.

NewChief
12-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Watch the 2nd INT.....the Reciever, whom I'll leave unnamed, never raised his arms to even try to catch the pass....someone who wears Randy Moss' number got alligator arms and didn't want to take a hit.

That same someone missed a pretty good ball thrown into coverage when Trent bootlegged out on a misdirection. My bro-in-law (the other one) sitting next to me thought the offense looked "timid" the entire game.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 09:31 PM
That same someone missed a pretty good ball thrown into coverage when Trent bootlegged out on a misdirection.

That was Kennison.

But Parker dropped one earlier when Green threw it a little behind him on a sideline route. He still got his hands on the ball, but the DB's contact forced it out.

NewChief
12-11-2006, 09:34 PM
That was Kennison.

Ahh, I believe you're right. I haven't been able to watch a replay, and only saw it while at the game. Anyway, I don't think that drop killed a drive, though it may have? My recollection is foggy.

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Why haven't they got Gardner out there any?

Hootie
12-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Why haven't they got Gardner out there any?
because he isn't any good...as evidenced by the three teams that have released him.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Ahh, I believe you're right. I haven't been able to watch a replay, and only saw it while at the game. Anyway, I don't think that drop killed a drive, though it may have? My recollection is foggy.

Most of the drives were over before they began. :shake:

Hootie
12-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Huard was sacked 16 times in 241 attempts.
Green has been sacked 13 times in 112 attempts.

It's a problem.

el borracho
12-11-2006, 11:57 PM

No, I mean the football world. All the NFL teams who did not think enough of Huard to have him as a starter. All the NFL teams who let him sit on the bench and not throw a pass for half a decade.

And what this team needs is an Oline that can pass block and at least one WR who is above average. Trent is certainly good enough.

el borracho
12-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Huard wasn't throwing passes at the chins and ankle's of his receivers like Trent has been. Our first drive yesterday was killed by Trent throwing the ball in the fricking dirt. If that pass is two inch's higher its a first down and where on the way to a TD and a whole different game.

I woul love to see a chart that shows Trent's passes that reach his receivers at there knee caps or lower. I'm guessing 30% of his passes
reach our receivers below the knees and that SUCKS.

Even his Cleveland performace was like that, oh thats right he had 4
TD passes. But How many dirt balls or ankle balls did he through?
That is a pretty valid point. Trent has been far less accurate lately and that is a problem.

blueballs
12-12-2006, 02:36 AM
what a mothr****ing attention whore
why a mod has not changed Hootie
to Attention Whore is puzzling

12-12-2006, 03:15 AM

I can't believe it took 47 posts to finally get to this fact. The coaching is killing this team just as much as the team itself. Check JoPa's article in the Star for the most accurate summation of this game I can find.

Trent is not playing like the Trent of old. That is a given. Trent really does not fit with a Herm offense and we all knew that would be a problem with Herm was hired. Their two mentalities don't work together. Trent wants to attack and Herm wants to play it safe.

You can't have both.