PDA

View Full Version : Devin Hester > Dante Hall circa 2003

DaKCMan AP
12-11-2006, 10:31 PM
That is all.

cjp27
12-11-2006, 10:32 PM
That guy is unreal!!! I remember the days when people were scared of our kick returner.

And the announcers just called him the X-Factor. I guess Dante's officially lost his title.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 10:33 PM
he didn't start returning kickoffs until a few weeks ago, as well...

Mecca
12-11-2006, 10:34 PM
he didn't start returning kickoffs until a few weeks ago, as well...

For them..........he did it in college......

I think the guys better than Hall, probably the best I've ever seen even going back to his college days.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2006, 10:34 PM
I can't imagine that he wouldn't have some value to them as a WR instead of a CB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2006, 10:35 PM

I think the guys better than Hall, probably the best I've ever seen even going back to his college days.

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone faster on a football field. He is f*cking crazy fast.

Hootie

No kidding dipwad...

I was just saying that, before this game, Hester has had 6 kickoffs all season long...

Don't know why he wasn't getting the kickoffs from day 1...

Stinger
And the announcers just called him the X-Factor. I guess Dante's officially lost his title.

Dante has lost his burst

Chiefs Pantalones
6 returns!!! This really makes Dante look like a bitch!!

CtrlAltDel
More depressing things. Cool.

Mecca
I can't imagine that he wouldn't have some value to them as a WR instead of a CB.

They tried him at both positions in college.........at Miami they basically said he wasn't smart enough to pick up the offense. He basically only has value as a return man but when you're that good it's worth it.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 10:36 PM
6 returns!!! This really makes Dante look like a bitch!!
how does his 6 returns have anything to do with Dante Hall?

cjp27
12-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Dante has lost his burst

In his prime, Dante was great, but I don't think he ever had a burst like Hester did up the middle on that last kickoff. It looked like he had a rocket up his ass.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 10:37 PM
They tried him at both positions in college.........at Miami they basically said he wasn't smart enough to pick up the offense. He basically only has value as a return man but when you're that good it's worth it.
On 610 the Score (Chicago Sports Radio), they pretty much said he might be the dumbest person in the NFL...

Someone said he wasn't smart enough to return kicks, and that's why he wasn't doing it...I can't imagine what kind of brains it would take to be able to return a kick...but oh well.

Mecca
how does his 6 returns have anything to do with Dante Hall?

Basically that even Dante Hall on his best day......wasn't this good.

Joe Seahawk
This is a freaky Fantasy football night for me.. I have Bulger and the bears defense :DOH: Anyway, the game is tied right now thanks to Devin Hester.. Thats the only way I can get points without harming myself.. weird!

Chiefs Pantalones
In his prime, Dante was great, but I don't think he ever had a burst like Hester did up the middle on that last kickoff. It looked like he had a rocket up his ass.

Dante is more quick than he is fast.

Definition of fast is Devin Hester.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Basically that even Dante Hall on his best day......wasn't this good.
I don't know about that...Dante was amazing in 2003...he had 4, but could've easily had 8...got pretty close SEVERAL times.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Now that is stupid. Not being able to pick up a college offense.

The Bears got reamed for taking him in Round 2, but it's looking pretty good now.

Hootie
yeah, I think Dante only had 4.38 speed...he was just the most agile guy with amazing acceleration...

Chiefs Pantalones
12-11-2006, 10:40 PM
I don't know about that...Dante was amazing in 2003...he had 4, but could've easily had 8...got pretty close SEVERAL times.

I don't think you get accolades for "almost" last time I checked.

Hester just "did it."

Thig Lyfe
I think talking to me has cursed him. Ever since I met him about a year ago, he has sucked. Back then he was still the Human Joystick; now he's the Human Dipstick.

Mecca
I think in a straight up comparison Hester is more naturally talented and a little better at it.....he's obviously faster. Hall jukes around and tries to make 52 people miss, Hester takes 1 step and he's gone.

BigRock
12-11-2006, 10:41 PM
How many of Hester's returns won the game for his team? How many of Dante's returns in 2003 won the game for his team?

Hootie
I don't think you get accolades for "almost" last time I checked.

Hester just "did it."
Ok...

Should we look at average, then?!

Christ...

We can bash Dante for sucking now...but he was INCREDIBLE in 2003...even returning one in the playoffs.

So suck a big dick, brotha.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Dante had 5, IMO...remember the playoffs. He also would have had 6 if not for Stills forgetting to throw a block against Cleveland. He got tackled by a friggin kicker in the open field against Green Bay.

I would never discount what Dante did in '03.

Here's what bothers me though: Even with Dante's great blocking, he never had holes like this guy does. He never even gets touched. Combine that with his freakish speed, and there's nothing you can do.

Mecca
Now that is stupid. Not being able to pick up a college offense.

The Bears got reamed for taking him in Round 2, but it's looking pretty good now.

For them it was a great pick, when you're a good team you can do that, I think everyone knew this guy was the real deal as a returner, but he can't do anything else.

Mecca
12-11-2006, 10:42 PM
How many of Hester's returns won the game for his team? How many of Dante's returns in 2003 won the game for his team?

Well they would have lost to Arizona without Hester.......take into account Hester is a rookie, it took Dante a couple years to become that kind of returner.

tk13
Devin Hester is amazing, but as a whole their special teams are excellent though.

Sully

How many times have they had to?
The Bears D actually stops teams, so they don't necessarily need the big play that we did in those years.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 10:43 PM
2003 Dante...20 yards per punt return...
2006 Hester...14.6 yards per punt return...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Dante's returns won the Baltimore and Denver games for us, and turned the tide against Indy when it looked like we were dead in the water. I think you guys forget the field position he got for our offense that year. Dante has played like garbage for the most part this year...but the 2003 Dante Hall was just as valuable to us as Priest or Willie Roaf.

Mecca

But Hester is a rookie......take into account it's very possible he gets better, now that's scary.

DaKCMan AP

Dante had 16.3 yards per return in 2003

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187555

Hootie
12-11-2006, 10:46 PM
But Hester is a rookie......take into account it's very possible he gets better, now that's scary.
that's not what we're talking about, though...

I GUARANTEE the Rams didn't gameplan around Hester today on kickoff returns...he had returned only 6 all year before this game...

In 2003, teams gameplanned around Dante...same with 2004, some in 2005...now teams realize he's not the same guy...

Sure, Hester can get better...but I'd still take Dante's 2003 over Hester's 2006...although both are QUITE impressive.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Devin Hester is amazing, but as a whole their special teams are excellent though.

Exactly. Vasher had the NFL record long return (since tied) last year. RW McQuarters always had big returns for them, and he sucks elsewhere. They've had good ST for a really long time.

Hootie
Dante had 16.3 yards per return in 2003

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187555
man...

He had a great stretch from '02-'04...

Sure-Oz
It'd be nice if our ST could block worth a shit for dante.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2006, 10:48 PM

If he's too stupid to pick up a college O, he won't get any better. This is his ceiling, especially given how good his blocking is.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
12-11-2006, 10:49 PM
On 610 the Score (Chicago Sports Radio), they pretty much said he might be the dumbest person in the NFL...

Someone said he wasn't smart enough to return kicks, and that's why he wasn't doing it...I can't imagine what kind of brains it would take to be able to return a kick...but oh well.

If he is the dumbest person in the NFL it is only because Michael Bishop didn't make it in the NFL.

Mecca
12-11-2006, 10:50 PM
If he's too stupid to pick up a college O, he won't get any better. This is his ceiling, especially given how good his blocking is.

He's always been a great special teams player, that's something he does excel at. Even watching him at Miami I think everyone knew he was going to be a great NFL return man too.

He'll never mean much to any other aspect of the game but then he won't become overworked and beaten up like........Dante Hall.

tk13
12-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Exactly. Vasher had the NFL record long return (since tied) last year. RW McQuarters always had big returns for them, and he sucks elsewhere. They've had good ST for a really long time.
Yeah they've always had excellent special teams play, something people really overlook too. There is really nothing holding that team back but QB play. Their defense and special teams are Super Bowl caliber.

And don't forget, Dante had 7 TD returns in a 10 game stretch. That's pretty amazing.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Even watching him at Miami I think everyone knew he was going to be a great NFL return man too.

Well no ****ing kidding, Mecca...

I mean, I don't think he would've been a 2nd round pick had everyone not realized how great of a kick returner he was going to be...

Mecca
12-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Hey look he's getting some time on defense....

Hootie
12-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Yeah they've always had excellent special teams play, something people really overlook too. There is really nothing holding that team back but QB play. Their defense and special teams are Super Bowl caliber.

And don't forget, Dante had 7 TD returns in a 10 game stretch. That's pretty amazing.
I wish they'd go to Griese...he's a better option for that team.

They only reason they are sticking with Rex is because he was a #1 pick and "the QB of the future"...

Shit, I'd take a Super Bowl and a pussy hurt QB over another collapse and a sketchy franchise QB without hurt feelings...

Hootie
12-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Hey look he's getting some time on defense....
He's been getting time on defense all game long...

Vasher is out...

Holt already burned him for a TD tonight...

Sure-Oz
12-11-2006, 10:55 PM
He's been getting time on defense all game long...

Vasher is out...

Holt already burned him for a TD tonight...
I was about to say that...Hester is a damn good return man, but as a CB/whatever the hell he is meh....

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2006, 10:56 PM
I wish they'd go to Griese...he's a better option for that team.

They only reason they are sticking with Rex is because he was a #1 pick and "the QB of the future"...

Shit, I'd take a Super Bowl and a pussy hurt QB over another collapse and a sketchy franchise QB without hurt feelings...

If anyone thinks Rex Grossman will ever be anyone's QB of the future, they are inf*ckingsane. Even Jon Kitna had a borderline Pro Bowl year once.

The point being: a sun shines on a dog's ass twice a day. They need to get that dumb motherf*cker out of there, ASAP. He may be the Devin Hester (brain wise) of QBs. Some of his decisions make Plummer look like Montana by comparison.

Sure-Oz
12-11-2006, 10:57 PM
The Bears just need a managing QB to win it all really. Rex i think will be the end of that team, we'll see.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Some of his decisions make Plummer look like Montana by comparison.
Grossman blows ass...he has a great arm, and when his mechanics are right...he's awesome...

BUT

You're right...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2006, 10:59 PM
The Bears just need a managing QB to win it all really. Rex i think will be the end of that team, we'll see.

Honestly, whether it's in the Super Bowl or the Division Playoffs, you know it's going to happen. If the Bears make it to the Super Bowl, I may well bet everything I have against Grossman.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Honestly, whether it's in the Super Bowl or the Division Playoffs, you know it's going to happen. If the Bears make it to the Super Bowl, I may well bet everything I have against Grossman.
I don't know if I would...

Grossman either looks AMAZINGLY awesome or AMAZINGLY horrible...I'd hate to see you go Rounders and lose your whole bankroll...

Coach
12-11-2006, 11:01 PM
I'll say this...

It's a damn shame that the Chiefs D can't be really good as the Bears D are, right now.

Hootie
12-11-2006, 11:02 PM
I'll say this...

It's a damn shame that the Chiefs D can't be really good as the Bears D are, right now.
what?!

I think the Bears have better backups at every position then the majority of our starters...

Shit, if we had the Bears defense we'd go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl by 7 TD's...

Reaper16
12-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Hester's only a rook? Jesus... he'll probably light up the league for the next three years at his current speed. There's probably a slight decline after that.

He'll probably be the best return man ever when its all said and done. Wow.

Sure-Oz
12-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Hester is the new Tony Romo on ESPN

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2006, 11:08 PM
I don't know if I would...

Grossman either looks AMAZINGLY awesome or AMAZINGLY horrible...I'd hate to see you go Rounders and lose your whole bankroll...

He never looks amazingly awesome. He plays some amazingly bad defenses, though.

When you get GB and Det twice, the Rams, the Bills, the 9ers, the Cards (oops), you're going to have some great games.

He's shit his pants against the Vikes twice, the f*cking Cardinals, the Dolphins, the Pats, and he's going to face a defense (if they make it to the SB) that's going to be light years better than any of those.

Imagine SD's or Baltimore's D against that dumb motherf*cker. He might have 12 turnovers.

Mecca
12-11-2006, 11:21 PM
ESPN says Hall sucks "Hester is a great return man and he does what great return men do, he hits the hole, he doesn't do alot of jumping around in the hole."

Sully
12-11-2006, 11:21 PM
what?!

I think the Bears have better backups at every position then the majority of our starters...

Shit, if we had the Bears defense we'd go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl by 7 TD's...

Is Herm the coach in this fantasy?
I'm assuming he's not.

12-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Who's Dante Hall?

Rain Man
12-11-2006, 11:32 PM
I turned the TV on in time to see his second touchdown, and my immediate reaction was "HOLY C**P! THAT GUY IS FREAKING FAST!"

Wow. He blasted off like he was being catapulted off an aircraft carrier.

Sure-Oz
12-11-2006, 11:53 PM
I remember when Hall used to explode to the hole....now there is hardly any holes and he trys to do it all himself. He needs to know that 30 yard returns arent bad either, dont dance. He was so good too.

alanm
12-12-2006, 12:03 AM
that's not what we're talking about, though...

I GUARANTEE the Rams didn't gameplan around Hester today on kickoff returns...he had returned only 6 all year before this game...

In 2003, teams gameplanned around Dante...same with 2004, some in 2005...now teams realize he's not the same guy...

Sure, Hester can get better...but I'd still take Dante's 2003 over Hester's 2006...although both are QUITE impressive.
If our ST's could block worth a shit maybe Dante would have a few actual holes to shoot through instead of dancing around all the time.

OnTheWarpath15
12-12-2006, 12:39 AM
I turned the TV on in time to see his second touchdown, and my immediate reaction was "HOLY C**P! THAT GUY IS FREAKING FAST!"

Wow. He blasted off like he was being catapulted off an aircraft carrier.

I just got back from the game tonight, and fast is an understatement. In person, at field level, this guy is lightning. Granted, he really didn't have to do much, I don't think he was touched on either TD return. Dante would look like the Dante of old with the blocking Hester gets.

And as far as Hester being the dumbest player in the NFL.....

How can you score less than 6 on the Wonderlic?

Reaper16
12-12-2006, 12:56 AM
How can you score less than 6 on the Wonderlic?
Cheat off of Vince Young's paper without realizing the tests are different.

Molitoth
12-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Hester is doing well, but now that teams will be focusing on stopping him, he will lose his touch, just like Dante did.