PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen dominated by Ogden

supercoupe91
12-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Ridiculous.

Bwana
12-12-2006, 06:34 PM
LOL, and who the **** isn't? The guy is the best of the best. He takes everyone he goes against to school.

Deberg_1990
12-12-2006, 06:36 PM
exactly...no shame in getting dominated by Ogden.

Hes Willie Roaf - 7 or 8 years.

sedated
12-12-2006, 06:37 PM
LOL, and who the **** isn't? The guy is the best of the best. He takes everyone he goes against to school.

not true, Ogden is over-rated, IMHO.

I saw him get schooled repeatedly by great DE's (Freeney, Rice, Taylor).

Ogden's good, but he couldn't carry Roaf's jock

Bwana
12-12-2006, 06:40 PM
not true, Ogden is over-rated, IMHO.

I saw him get schooled repeatedly by great DE's (Freeney, Rice, Taylor).

Ogden's good, but he couldn't carry Roaf's jock

I not saying he is as good as Roaf was, but he's damn good. When I saw that match up, I knew they wouldn't be calling Allens name all day.

the Talking Can
12-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Ray Lewis was dominated by Jordan Black.

Champ Bailey was dominated by Eddie Kennison.

Dwight Freeney was dominated by Willie Roaf.

Ty Law dominated Peyton Manning.

etc...

oh yeah, I dominated your mom...and I wasn't even drafted...

Archie Bunker
12-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Ray Lewis was dominated by Jordan Black.

Champ Bailey was dominated by Eddie Kennison.

Dwight Freeney was dominated by Willie Roaf.

Ty Law dominated Peyton Manning.

etc...

ROFL

Skip Towne
12-12-2006, 06:44 PM
exactly...no shame in getting dominated by Ogden.

Hes Willie Roaf - 7 or 8 years.
Except a whole hell of a lot bigger. They showed him standing next to a guy 6'3" - 300# and Ogden dwarfed him. Ogden must be 6'8".

Bwana
12-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Except a whole hell of a lot bigger. They showed him standing next to a guy 6'3" - 300# and Ogden dwarfed him. Ogden must be 6'8".

I think they said 6'8 or 6'9 and the guy is damn fast for his size.

Easy 6
12-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Ogden does that to lots of guys, it means nada. I dont know if it fits here because we basically never play, but, some guys just have another guys number no matter what.

Reggie White couldnt get ANYWHERE NEAR Aikman when Eric Williams was at RT. Ever.

Deberg_1990
12-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Ryans Sims gets dominated by Clevelands 3rd stringers...

Skip Towne
12-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Ryans Sims gets dominated by Clevelands 3rd stringers...
It will be interesting to see who picks him up when we cut him. I know somebody will.

Coach
12-12-2006, 06:53 PM
It will be interesting to see who picks him up when we cut him. I know somebody will.

And watch him become a Pro-Bowler for somebody.

Chiefaholic
12-12-2006, 06:54 PM
GoChiefs gets dominated by his sister

Deberg_1990
12-12-2006, 06:54 PM

True, fatties and wide bodies will always have a job in the NFL. He can coast from here on out.......but i guess hes been doing that for 4 years hasnt he?

Pretty sad...

Bwana
12-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Damn Coach! LMAO

Skip Towne
12-12-2006, 07:13 PM
It could happen. Is our D line coach worth a shit? It doesn't seem like any DT we get is any good. Could it be it's not the players but crappy coaching?

FAX
12-12-2006, 07:17 PM
It could happen. Is our D line coach worth a shit? It doesn't seem like any DT we get is any good. Could it be it's not the players but crappy coaching?

I've wondered the same thing, Mr. Skip Towne. I haven't done any analysis or anything, but I've noticed that the Thumbtacks seem to consistently bring in young defensive linemen, develop them, then let them move on before they have to pay them significant money.

Maybe some franchises are better at developing certain positions? I'm trying to think of a position the Chiefs are good at developing. Before this year, I might have said offensive linemen, but now I'm not so sure.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Karmelowicz sucked ass, and I don't know what Krumrie's done other than get wishboned in a Super Bowl.

sedated
12-12-2006, 07:22 PM

Allen turned out pretty good.

Hali looks promising.

Even Edwards and Reed have been servicable.

we just haven't drafted worth of sh!t at DT - Sims and Freeman were busts, but that was ONE draft. what other DT's have we drafted recently?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Allen turned out pretty good.

Hali looks promising.

Even Edwards and Reed have been servicable.

we just haven't drafted worth of sh!t at DT - Sims and Freeman were busts, but that was ONE draft. what other DT's have we drafted recently?

Downing, Siavii. Those guys were awesome.

sedated
12-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Downing, Siavii. Those guys were awesome.

oh, yeah. forgot about those chumps

KC Jones
12-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Wasn't Nate Hobochititucktuck another DL draft pick? Derrick Ransom too?

Bwana
12-12-2006, 07:42 PM
And who could forget the big turd.

dtebbe
12-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Ridiculous.

Ogden is pretty damn good.

DT

CoMoChief
12-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Everyone gets dominated by Odgen.

It amazes me how much Trevor Pryce consistantly dominates us.

Lbedrock1
12-12-2006, 09:31 PM
I searched my feeling and you are my father, so dammit I want 22 years of back child support and I want it now.

ChiefsLV
12-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Ridiculous.

He was dominated by Bob Whitfield last season in New York too.

RJ
12-12-2006, 11:08 PM

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was for the Ravens. They've done well over the years with castoff DT's, they like the wide bodies who allow the linebackers to roam free.

As to Ogden, he's as good as any left tackle in football over the past 10 years, no shame in getting schooled by the guy.

cdcox
12-13-2006, 12:53 AM
You guys look at the stat line and think it tells the whole story. In one of the goal line plays, Allen put enough pressure on McNair that he had to dump it off into the flat. Had Allen not beaten Ogden on that play, McNair probably would have found a man in the endzone. Four point play right there. He may have got pressure on other plays, but that one sticks in my memory.

I wish we had 10 more football players like Jared Allen.

thepascalblaze
12-13-2006, 01:08 AM
Are there ways to gameplan or design plays to take advantage of Ogden's size?.. like having Allen take two steps to the outside while having the outside LB take a step or two inside, while the CB comes up and the safety moves over?

Not every play, but varieties of these shifts on defense could create blocking requirements at the LOS that simply give the opposing offense a limited executuion of any given play-set.

Riskier? Yes. But, in cases where the giant continuously gets the best of the blindside end, when the season is on the line, when nothing else from basic college level footall is working on D...

thepascalblaze
12-13-2006, 01:16 AM
IT IS TIME TO MAKE SH!T UP THAT UTILIZE MICRO-ASPECTS OF TALENT!!!

Maybe I'm just feeling the wishful winning feeling I feel every season I know has ended before its time... and succombing completely to magical fantasy regarding a seemingly impossible championsip quest,..

...but sometimes this season, such insanity may have looked more like a team really trying than the lot of schlock I fealt like I was seeing, particullarly in the past few weeks on D.

I reely think the gameplans on D were less aggressive after Trent returned.

Maybe that's just me.

Abba-Dabba
12-13-2006, 01:46 AM
And who could forget the big turd.

Funny thing about that. The turd has turned out to be a better player than all of them.