PDA

View Full Version : Hey, at least you had a whiff at the playoffs.

MarcBulger
12-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Look at us, we have a good QB a decent RB and a couple of great recievers and NOTHING ELSE. Oh the kicker is pretty good. I don't see the Rams sniffing any playoffs for at least 3-4 years. Oh well.....

Coach
12-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Look at us, we have a good QB a decent RB and a couple of great recievers and NOTHING ELSE. Oh the kicker is pretty good. I don't see the Rams sniffing any playoffs for at least 3-4 years. Oh well.....

Personally, the odds of the Rams making to the playoffs is greater than the Chiefs, because the NFC is one shitty conference.

Just my opinion.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2006, 07:14 PM
If the Rams pick up a good DT, a good linebacker, a corner, and two more solid offensive lineman they'll be in good shape...

Jesus, you're just like us :D

4th and Long
Personally, the odds of the Rams making to the playoffs is greater than the Chiefs, because the NFC is one shitty conference.
And that, boys and girls, is gospel. Thread over.

MarcBulger
I agree we were sitting around the ole office cooler today and were talking about the same thing.

Easy 6
12-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Bulger's a friggin' machine, ultra-accurate whip.

Jackson has quick feet but doesnt run with as much power & leg drive as a guy 6'1 230pd. should IMO.

Holt is my favorite WR in the NFL, routes...hands...smooth as a babys ass even when running & cutting at full tilt.

You guys need a D.

Jimmy Kennedy was supposed to be a MANSTER, just goes to show that the draft is a flat-out gamble at every position.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Bulger's a friggin' machine, ultra-accurate whip.

Jackson has quick feet but doesnt run with as much power & leg drive as a guy 6'1 230pd. should IMO.

Holt is my favorite WR in the NFL, routes...hands...smooth as a babys ass even when running & cutting at full tilt.

You guys need a D.

Jimmy Kennedy was supposed to be a MANSTER, just goes to show that the draft is a flat-out gamble at every position.

I'd love for Bulger to be the next QB of the Chiefs, but St.L smartly locked him up long term.

Easy 6
12-12-2006, 07:42 PM
I'd love for Bulger to be the next QB of the Chiefs.

That thought must have ran through my mind 50 times watching the game.

mdstu
12-12-2006, 09:13 PM
I think Jackson is more than a decent RB.
Probably top 5 material. IMO

Sure-Oz
12-12-2006, 09:18 PM
The Rams are going to get better imo. The NFC blows ass too, so that helps alot. Atleast you have won a SB not too long ago.

Easy 6
12-12-2006, 09:20 PM
I think Jackson is more than a decent RB.
Probably top 5 material. IMO

Its possible. He does have a good burst, vision & cut back ability. But with his size i often expect him to plow through guys (a' la LJ) more than he does.

He is Big Back 1b.

MarcBulger
12-12-2006, 09:30 PM
I still can't watch Football without hearing Marshall Marshall Marshall. Same with baseball Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie. Some players I just can't get over....

CoMoChief
12-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Sorry, but Jackson is slow.

Dline is horrible besides Little.

Travis Fischer might be the worst DB in the NFL not named McCleon or Bartee.

And then there's Pussy Tinoisomoa.

And Scott Linehan might be the only coach in the NFL who's worst than Herm at managing a game.

Your WR's are good though. and Bulger has a rocket arm.

OnTheWarpath15
12-12-2006, 10:44 PM

Dline is horrible besides Little.

Travis Fischer might be the worst DB in the NFL not named McCleon or Bartee.

And then there's Pussy Tinoisomoa.

And Scott Linehan might be the only coach in the NFL who's worst than Herm at managing a game.

Your WR's are good though. and Bulger has a rocket arm.

I'll preface this by saying that I hate the Rams almost as much as I hate our AFC West division mates. So it pains me to say this:

Steven Jackson is nowhere near slow. Not even close.

Pisa Tinoisamoa has played through a dislocated elbow and two fractured hands this season. Not a pussy. Name one Chief other than Gonzalez who plays through that kind of pain/injury.

Kevin Sampson could learn a thing or two from Tinoisamoa......

morphius
12-12-2006, 10:47 PM
whiff is a pretty accurate choice of words.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2006, 10:48 PM

That's just beyond stupid. In comparison to big backs, he's not as fast as LJ, but I saw him get around the edge pretty damned quick on the Bears last night. Furthermore, outside of LT and Westbrook, he's probably the best receiving back in the league. He has good hands and is good in open space, which a lot of big backs aren't. Parcells has to feel like a goddamned idiot for passing him up for Julius Jones.

greg63
12-12-2006, 10:49 PM
whiff is a pretty accurate choice of words.

Yep!

milkman
12-12-2006, 11:04 PM
CoMoChief has proven more than once that he is one of the bigger dumbasses around.

Rain Man
12-12-2006, 11:07 PM

Did you see Holt's one-handed catch in the game last night? It was a thing of beauty.

The other funny thing was that I saw their backup WR, (Kevin?) Curtis, make a catch, and he totally got his clock cleaned. Got hammered savagely just as he made the catch. Given what happened to him on the last play of the game against the Chiefs, I'm thinking he may be about ready for the offseason.

OnTheWarpath15
12-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Did you see Holt's one-handed catch in the game last night? It was a thing of beauty.

The other funny thing was that I saw their backup WR, (Kevin?) Curtis, make a catch, and he totally got his clock cleaned. Got hammered savagely just as he made the catch. Given what happened to him on the last play of the game against the Chiefs, I'm thinking he may be about ready for the offseason.

Both of those plays happened right in front of my seats last night. That Holt catch was remarkable. Kinda made the Rams fan I was with forget about his earlier drops.

Re: Curtis hit......

Since he had to go low for the ball, it was hard to see the hit....but we heard it.....WOW......

Didn't see a replay, what was the reasoning behind the personal foul call?

Rain Man
12-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Both of those plays happened right in front of my seats last night. That Holt catch was remarkable. Kinda made the Rams fan I was with forget about his earlier drops.

Re: Curtis hit......

Since he had to go low for the ball, it was hard to see the hit....but we heard it.....WOW......

Didn't see a replay, what was the reasoning behind the personal foul call?

Was that the same hit? Maybe so. I didn't commit much to memory.

On the replay it was pretty clear that the Bear hit the Ram helmet to helmet. I don't think it was intentional but the first thing that hit the Ram was the crown of the Bear's helmet, directly in the Ram's helmet.

OnTheWarpath15
12-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Was that the same hit? Maybe so. I didn't commit much to memory.

On the replay it was pretty clear that the Bear hit the Ram helmet to helmet. I don't think it was intentional but the first thing that hit the Ram was the crown of the Bear's helmet, directly in the Ram's helmet.

Gotcha. Thanks.

It was pretty classy of the Bears fans to boo that call considering they were up 22 (I think) at the time........

Actually, I could start a whole new thread regarding Bears fans. They almost overtook Broncos fans in my book last night......

Easy 6
12-13-2006, 07:04 AM

Yeah i saw the catch, Holt has the best hands in the NFL. One of those VERY rare WR's who can light it up in their rookie year.

The more i see of Curtis, the more i would like to see us pick him up for '07. He can make some tough catches, has good size & is one of the 3-5 fastest guys in the league.

Dark Horse
12-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Gotcha. Thanks.

It was pretty classy of the Bears fans to boo that call considering they were up 22 (I think) at the time........

Actually, I could start a whole new thread regarding Bears fans. They almost overtook Broncos fans in my book last night......

I'm pretty sure any crowd will boo just about any penalty, that being said having not run into any Bears fans I'm sure they are pretty full of themselves right now.

Rain Man
12-13-2006, 12:19 PM

Unless they were actually killing and eating babies up there in the stands, this is hard to fathom.

StcChief
12-13-2006, 12:46 PM
From what I saw on ESPN the Bears fans couldn't have been any worse the Chiefs fans I saw at the Dome as we were beating the Lambs :)

Good natured ribbing was it.

J Diddy
12-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah i saw the catch, Holt has the best hands in the NFL. One of those VERY rare WR's who can light it up in their rookie year.

The more i see of Curtis, the more i would like to see us pick him up for '07. He can make some tough catches, has good size & is one of the 3-5 fastest guys in the league.

Why so he can blaze downfield as a decoy while we run our 5th consecutive draw.

CoMoChief
12-13-2006, 01:58 PM

That one handed grab clinched my fantasy team the last playoff spot. Berrian also helped me out that night too.

CoMoChief
12-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Why so he can blaze downfield as a decoy while we run our 5th consecutive draw.

Yeah, no shit.

InChiefsHeaven
12-13-2006, 02:08 PM
WTF is up with Rams fans? On TV, it sounded like a home game for the Bears...:shake:

StcChief
12-13-2006, 02:22 PM
WTF is up with Rams fans? On TV, it sounded like a home game for the Bears...:shake:

Simple They are NOT real fans...and don't really support their team.

If it looks like they may lose, season ticket holders sell games
The dome = No HFA.

Chiefs game was same way at ARROWHEAD EAST....

Hammock Parties
01-02-2007, 04:09 PM
They smell pretty good.

InChiefsHeaven
01-02-2007, 07:45 PM
They smell pretty good.

*sniffff* Indeed. Them playoffs smell like some tasty bitches.

greg63
01-03-2007, 10:07 PM
They smell pretty good.

…A sweet fragrance.