PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...

Hootie
12-13-2006, 10:05 AM
or is anyone else really not that concerned with whether or not we win or lose Sunday night?

Seriously...

I have LT and LJ on my fantasy team...so I don't care who wins, as long as both score a lot of TD's...

It's sick, really...the Baltimore game just ripped my heart in two =(

StcChief
12-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Since our team plays UP and DOWN to competition....
and is inconsistent needs more work in various areas

No..JUST DONT embarrass the organization on SNF.

No meltdowns

TG get the TD to pass up THannon THarpe....
chip away at the 800 yds behind him.

Bowser
12-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Hey, how are you able to post new threads?

Hootie
12-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Hey, how are you able to post new threads?
I was always able to post threads, just not on gameday...

But my bitching paid off as I was able to post threads on gameday last week...

Hootie
and yeah, I don't care if we win or lose, but I want to keep it close...I'd love to see a good ol' offensive shootout.

InChiefsHeaven
I didn't care yesterday...today I care a little more...by Sunday I will live or die by the game's results...then Monday it will start all over again. If we lose. Which we...won't...

...Man...I need help!

Archie Bunker
12-13-2006, 10:12 AM
What kind of retards are in your fantasy league?

chagrin
12-13-2006, 10:12 AM
and yeah, I don't care if we win or lose, but I want to keep it close...I'd love to see a good ol' offensive shootout.

Hootie I admire your previous dedication to the team, but if you don't care, why post about it?

Hootie
12-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Hootie I admire your previous dedication to the team, but if you don't care, why post about it?
because I can't remember the last time, if ever, I didn't friggin' care...that's how much I believed in THIS team THIS year...

FAX
Lowering one's expectations is a defensive measure employed by the psyche in order to protect one's conscious mind from inordinate distraction which is, in essense, a survival technique, Mr. Hootie.

Humans must separate observation from expectation in order to remain aware of potential expectational violation which is commonly referred to, within neuroscience, as the study of mismatch-generated negativity.

Whenever events occur that are not in accord with prior expectations, the cortex initiates a survival mechanism in which the general mechanisms of sensory integration recognize subsequent inputs similar to preceding ones and integrates the inputs into ongoing, dynamic representations and experientially, the percept builds up in salience.

In other words, the Chiefs suck. I'm going to play minesweeper.

FAX

Hootie
I have Drew Brees, too...

Warrior5
I definitely care, but realistically I expect the Chiefs to lose.

Halfcan will be on here any minute questioning my fanhood, but historically we've sucked in SD, even when we have a great team. And from a talent perspective, SD wins hands down. But there's a reason they play the games, so that's why I care.

The Cleveland debacle is what shot my optimism in the face; the Raven game just showed me that we have serious coaching problems that need to be dealt with decisively.

C-Mac
I didn't care yesterday...today I care a little more...by Sunday I will live or die by the game's results...then Monday it will start all over again. If we lose. Which we...won't...

...Man...I need help!

Thus goes the life of a Chiefs fan........... :(

Hootie
12-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Lowering one's expectations is a defensive measure employed by the psyche in order to protect one's concious mind from inordinate distraction which is, in essense, a survival technique, Mr. Hootie.

Humans must separate observation from expectation in order to remain aware of potential expectational violation which is commonly referred to, within neuroscience, as the study of mismatch-generated negativity.

Whenever events occur that are not in accord with prior expectations, the cortex initiates a survival mechanism in which the general mechanisms of sensory integration recognize subsequent inputs similar to preceding ones and integrates the inputs into ongoing, dynamic representations and experientially, the percept builds up in salience.

FAX
hahahaha

Fax, you are the best poster on this board, hands down...

booyaf2
12-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Must be a one man fantasy league.

Redrum_69
12-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Chiefs will win

Schottenheimer is due for his meltdown...

Archie Bunker
12-13-2006, 10:20 AM
I have never been more sure of a Chiefs loss. Primetime, on the road, against Marty; IMO it's gonna get ugly.

:#

Saulbadguy
12-13-2006, 10:22 AM
I could give 2 shits less. I doubt i'll even watch it.

FAX
12-13-2006, 10:23 AM
I honestly don't think I could bear to watch it. But, I know if I don't, the Chiefs will win 50 to nothing.

FAX

Bowser
12-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Chiefs will win

Schottenheimer is due for his meltdown...

It's not the playoffs yet.

Redrum_69
12-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Have any of you ever participated in a Swingers club?

Have you ever visited Club Eden downtown?

InChiefsHeaven
12-13-2006, 10:29 AM
I honestly don't think I could bear to watch it. But, I know if I don't, the Chiefs will win 50 to nothing.

FAX

That being the case, you better find something else to do on Sunday night dammit!
:evil:

FAX
12-13-2006, 10:31 AM
That being the case, you better find something else to do on Sunday night dammit!
:evil:

There's the rub, for sure, Mr. InChiefsHell. Come to think of it. Maybe Gonzo (the player not the poster) is the problem. We've had nothing but playoff woes ever since he showed up.

Let's tag him, trade him, and get this team's mojomotion back on track.

FAX

Bowser
12-13-2006, 10:32 AM

Didn't they used to have a swingers club at the old Adams Mark hotel?

Nzoner
12-13-2006, 10:35 AM

First thing that came to my mind as well

Redrum_69
12-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Didn't they used to have a swingers club at the old Adams Mark hotel?

I'm not sure...

Jilly
12-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Do we even have a chance any more of being in the playoffs?

If not, then GO LT GO!!! It's the playoffs in my fantasy team and I've been on top all season.

HonestChieffan
12-13-2006, 11:09 AM
I dont play games on TV or whatever those things use, Im not a fantasy footballer. The Chiefs wont keep me awake on Sunday.

I think Ill be doing something.

Bob Dole
12-13-2006, 11:11 AM
meh.

milkman
12-13-2006, 11:16 AM
I don't care if we lose in SD.
I expect it.

As I said elsewhere, an unexpected win in SD, after the pathetic efforts against the Browns and Ravens would piss me off.

MichaelH
12-13-2006, 11:19 AM
I am concerned that the Chiefs get embarassed on national TV.

FAX
12-13-2006, 11:22 AM
I am concerned that the Chiefs get embarassed on national TV.

Too late, I'm afraid, Mr. MichaelH.

We couldn't embarass ourselves more if we took the field in sequined dresses, beaded hats, and fishnet stockings.

FAX

MichaelH
12-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Too late, I'm afraid, Mr. MichaelH.

We couldn't embarass ourselves more if we took the field in sequined dresses, beaded hats, and fishnet stockings.

FAX

If it helps the tackling, I'm all for it.

Easy 6
12-13-2006, 04:35 PM
I tell ya what folks...Were gonna go to SANDY EGGO AND WIN!!! Then were gonna go to CHOKELAND AND DOMINATE!!! Were gonna JACK UP THE JAGS!!! Then were gonna...YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Redcoats58
12-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Lowering one's expectations is a defensive measure employed by the psyche in order to protect one's conscious mind from inordinate distraction which is, in essense, a survival technique, Mr. Hootie.

FAX
Makes sense to me. Good post Fax.

|Zach|
12-13-2006, 05:14 PM
I dont play games on TV or whatever those things use, Im not a fantasy footballer. The Chiefs wont keep me awake on Sunday.

I think Ill be doing something.
I am sure you will be on a Chiefs message board telling us over and over how you dont care about the Chiefs and wont spent time on them...

You are doing a great job.

TEX
12-13-2006, 05:35 PM
or is anyone else really not that concerned with whether or not we win or lose Sunday night?

Seriously...

I have LT and LJ on my fantasy team...so I don't care who wins, as long as both score a lot of TD's...

It's sick, really...the Baltimore game just ripped my heart in two =(

I'm with ya - but Cleveland did me in. We lost that game like we lost so many under DV. So much for all Herm's talk...

TEX
12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
I have never been more sure of a Chiefs loss. Primetime, on the road, against Marty; IMO it's gonna get ugly.

:#

Yep, and pretty quickly.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2006, 05:46 PM
All of this "I don't care if we win" talk is disgusting. I want the Chiefs to win. I'm hoping they win.

All we have to do is win out and watch the Jets blow a game and we're in the playoffs. SCREW YOU GUYS THE SEASON IS NOT OVER!

I hope the guys in the locker room don't share these defeatist attitudes.

JonesCrusher
12-13-2006, 06:03 PM
All of this "I don't care if we win" talk is disgusting. I want the Chiefs to win. I'm hoping they win.

All we have to do is win out and watch the Jets blow a game and we're in the playoffs. SCREW YOU GUYS THE SEASON IS NOT OVER!

I'm with you. We still have a shot, and we don't suck as bad as most seem to think. Sure we had a crappy game against Cleveland, but the Baltimore game really was not a crushing defeat. 4 T.O.'s, 90 yd pass given up, and a missed chip shot FG and we still only lost by 10. We just need a little fine tuning.

Don't forget that the Steelers last year did not clinch till final week and were able to win it all. They also looked like s##t quite a few games last year, so do don't jump off the bandwagon yet or you might miss something good.

tk13
12-13-2006, 06:25 PM
I want us to win. I'm probably a little reserved after the last couple weeks, but come Sunday night I'm sure I'll be into it.

Although, part of it is that if we win Sunday night, I think we'll make the playoffs. I think the Jets are gonna drop a game somewhere. It's going to be brutally difficult, but maybe with a let down from winning the division, and the fact that Herm always plays Marty tough... hopefully we can bring it.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Herm always plays Marty tough... hopefully we can bring it.

Herm is 4-1 against Marty.

Hendrix68
12-13-2006, 07:07 PM
The Chefs have turned the unis in and given up.

So hell no, I am not gonna watch.

I'd laugh long and hard though if we lose 45-3.

Anything on Earth that would rattle this team to the core and force some huge changes would be a plus.

Skip Towne
12-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Do we even have a chance any more of being in the playoffs?

If not, then GO LT GO!!! It's the playoffs in my fantasy team and I've been on top all season.
Hey, Jilly, what happened to your OU avatar? Are you scared of Boise State?

Calcountry
12-13-2006, 07:19 PM
I definitely care, but realistically I expect the Chiefs to lose.

Halfcan will be on here any minute questioning my fanhood, but historically we've sucked in SD, even when we have a great team. And from a talent perspective, SD wins hands down. But there's a reason they play the games, so that's why I care.

The Cleveland debacle is what shot my optimism in the face; the Raven game just showed me that we have serious coaching problems that need to be dealt with decisively.The only Chance the Chiefs have is if Marty wants the Chiefs to win to teach the Chargers a lesson heading into the playoffs, while simultaneously sabotaging a divisional opponents draft pick.

Calcountry
12-13-2006, 07:20 PM

Have you ever visited Club Eden downtown?It's back to church for you.

Skip Towne
12-13-2006, 07:20 PM

That's crazy talk. Are you trying to screw up our draft position?

Calcountry
12-13-2006, 07:21 PM
I am concerned that the Chiefs get embarassed on national TV.I am not. I kind of hope they do, they have embarrassed me the last two weeks, it is about time they man up to it and take a little.

Hootie
12-13-2006, 07:32 PM
shit nigs, I can't believe you all won't at least watch...I am not going to yell at the TV like usual, but of course I'm going to watch every down...

Calcountry
12-13-2006, 07:45 PM
That's crazy talk. Are you trying to screw up our draft position?Exactly. What good would it do to make the playoffs with this sorry piece of crap, quit on the road team who cannot even win IN CLEVELAND!

boogblaster
12-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Guess I'm a homer..like to see us run-out the season with wins..maybe make the POs with lots of help..GO CHIEFS .....

Brock
12-13-2006, 10:21 PM

Let me spare you the suspense: They do. They really, really do.

Simplex3
12-13-2006, 10:21 PM
I was always able to post threads, just not on gameday...

But my bitching paid off as I was able to post threads on gameday last week...
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154364

Simplex3
12-13-2006, 10:23 PM

Why bother? Your mom makes house calls.

:shrug:

Thig Lyfe
12-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Wait, you still haven't explained how the fock you have LJ and LT.

Brock
12-13-2006, 10:27 PM

He's probably in Logical's super-genious FFL where they downgraded LJ to a second rounder.

Simplex3
12-13-2006, 10:30 PM
He's playing against blind retards from Somalia who don't have Internet access.

big nasty kcnut
12-14-2006, 01:09 AM
I do cause we have to win for Mr.Hunt.

KcMizzou
12-14-2006, 01:13 AM
He's probably in Logical's super-genious FFL where they downgraded LJ to a second rounder.LMAO

InChiefsHeaven
12-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Well, it's Thursday and I am back in full homer mode. We will win this game, mostly because we are just not supposed to. On the road, hostile environment, playing against arguably the best team in the league. We have no business winning this game...which is why we will.

Chiefs 31 - Bolts 24

Dante gets a return.

There you go.

Jilly
12-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Hey, Jilly, what happened to your OU avatar? Are you scared of Boise State?

hell no.

I just leave for Hawaii in oh, let's see, 16 days!!! So I'm just getting revved up!!!

Redrum_69
12-14-2006, 01:09 PM
It's back to church for you.

someone told me that this site had a ton of swingers on it

Redrum_69
12-14-2006, 01:11 PM
shit nigs, I can't believe you all won't at least watch...I am not going to yell at the TV like usual, but of course I'm going to watch every down...

WTF