PDA

View Full Version : What will the offensive gameplan be against the Chargers?

Bowser
12-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Do you think Herm and Solari learned from last week's offensive debacle, and are going to open it up, or are we going to see LJ left, LJ right, then incomplete/punt again? I'm not a betting man, but......

Here's my idea....

Come out and run the frickin' two minute offense the whole game. The WHOLE game. Put in Trent in shotgun using two tight ends. Have Jason Dunn and LJ/Bennett flanking Trent with Gonzo flexed wide. Throw it 50 times if you have to. Lots of slants and quick outs - incorporate short to medium throws, or else Merriman and Phillips might very well kill Trent.

With the way San Diego is scoring, it's going to be our best chance, imho, to keep up with them, unless our defense remembers how to play defense.

Ideas?

FAX
12-13-2006, 10:25 AM
I love that idea, Mr. Bowser. Just go out and play street ball. Let Trent make the calls at the line and mix in the draw and the shovel pass.

Great plan. Seriously.

FAX

Bowser
12-13-2006, 10:31 AM
I love that idea, Mr. Bowser. Just go out and play street ball. Let Trent make the calls at the line and mix in the draw and the shovel pass.

Great plan. Seriously.

FAX

Thanks.

I know LJ is a workhorse, and has done all he can this year (made even more impressive given his patchwork O-Line), but I keep hearing Herm at the beginning of the year talking about how you run the ball on the road to beat playoff teams. That hasn't worked because if nobody respects your ability to pass, everyone os going to play the run (duh).

Mix it up on these guys. If there is one thing the Chargers have looked average at, it's in pass defense. I'd love for them to come out in that tight bunch formation they run out of, and break out a flea flicker. Do it the first play.

booyaf2
12-13-2006, 10:36 AM
My bet is Colquitt's leg will be quite sore come Monday.

InChiefsHeaven
12-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Unfortunately, that method just puts our defense on the field longer...

...but I agree. Now is the time to have our big boys step up. Dink and dunk, screen pass, draw plays, tons of play action...

...I'd like to see 60% pass, 40% run. But I don't think it's going to go that way. Unless we are forced into passing by them getting a huge lead...in which case we're fooked anyway.

StcChief
12-13-2006, 10:38 AM
My bet is Colquitt's leg will be quite sore come Monday.

bump his avg/net hopefully for Probowl.

milkman
12-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Someone around said it best.

"You play to punt the ball".

Stewie
12-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Herm was in awe of SD when he was talking yesterday. I think it'll be more run, run, pass, punt.

Redrum_69
12-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Dante Hall will run one back for a td

InChiefsHeaven
12-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Dante Hall will run one back for a td

:thumb: Hopefully, it won't be some meaningless score at the end of the game...unless we're way ahead of course.

Bowser
12-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Someone around said it best.

"You play to punt the ball".

We've got that one mastered. Time to take the governor off the engine.

Megbert
12-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Run up the middle.
Run up the middle.
Long 3rd down pass.
Punt.

If it ain't broke…

B_Ambuehl
12-13-2006, 10:56 AM
It doesn't matter what they hell they do on offense. Last time they went out on the road this defensive football team gave up 400 + yards and 30 points to an anemic Browns offense. Before that they made an equally unimpressive Joey Harrington led Dolphins football team look like the greatest show on turf. This defense can't play road games against good football teams.

Bowser
Run up the middle.
Run up the middle.
Long 3rd down pass.
Punt.

If it ain't broke…

Well, at the very least, it will bring a tear to Marty's eye as he watches flahbacks to the glory days of the Chiefs.

Frazod
I really don't want to think about the game plan or the game. These idiots have already quit for the year, and we're gonna get slaughtered on national television. I wonder if the players will wear helmets on their heads or bags.

milkman
12-13-2006, 11:00 AM
We've got that one mastered. Time to take the governor off the engine.

I didn't know they put governors on scooters.

MichaelH
12-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Run up the middle.
Run up the middle.
Long 3rd down pass.
Punt.

If it ain't broke…

but it is :banghead:

King_Chief_Fan
12-13-2006, 11:01 AM
All I remember is the Hermism of "you don't try to outscore your opponents when playing on the road"....... game plan will be the same as other road games....don't try to outscore the oppostion.

CoMoChief
12-13-2006, 11:02 AM
run run run pass punt (repeat)

ptlyon
I think being that they moved the game to prime time they should also move it to be played on an aircraft carrier.

booyaf2
All I remember is the Hermism of "you don't try to outscore your opponents when playing on the road"....... game plan will be the same as other road games....don't try to outscore the oppostion.

I'm confindent that will not be a problem.

King_Chief_Fan
12-13-2006, 11:03 AM
run run run pass punt (repeat)

no wonder you have trouble following the game....you think there are 5 downs to get 10 yards:)

siberian khatru
12-13-2006, 11:05 AM
I think being that they moved the game to prime time they should also move it to be played on an aircraft carrier.

I hope all our guys go long -- way long.

ChiefsCountry
12-13-2006, 11:08 AM
As long as one of our lineman knock the crap out of Roidman I will be happy.

jlscorpio
12-13-2006, 11:10 AM
whatever it takes to lose. By A LOT.

Chief Chief
12-13-2006, 11:24 AM
HEY, GUYS! Now focus: WWHD??

:hmmm: :doh!: :deevee: :mad: :cuss: :# :banghead:

GROB
12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
SD can be run on, I don't know why you guys would want to pass 60% as pass rushing with roid boy is SD's strength. LJ should have a pretty good day. Run, Run, run, and then when in doubt run the ball again. Passing on 1st down if it's incomplete you need to pass again, I hate running on 2nd and 10 when the D is expecting it. Usually leads to 3rd and 8.

TrickyNicky
12-13-2006, 12:52 PM
No, they won't change it up. And we will have a much better chance of scoring if we don't turn the ball over three times.

Redrum_69
12-13-2006, 12:53 PM
WWTDD

J Diddy
12-13-2006, 12:54 PM
run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, draw, run, run, run, run, pass with no rb in the backfield, run, run, run, run, run, run, run,

I left out the punts in there they will be after every 3rd one

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-13-2006, 12:56 PM
SD can be run on, I don't know why you guys would want to pass 60% as pass rushing with roid boy is SD's strength. LJ should have a pretty good day. Run, Run, run, and then when in doubt run the ball again. Passing on 1st down if it's incomplete you need to pass again, I hate running on 2nd and 10 when the D is expecting it. Usually leads to 3rd and 8.

As opposed to running on 1st and 2nd down when the D is expecting it and leading to 3rd and 6? We don't have the horses on the O-Line to be predictable in our playcalling. In the past, Roaf could just maul the dog piss out of someone along with Waters on the left side and it was a certain 5 yards. Now we just hope one of those mf'ers doesn't whiff a block or get blown up by a linebacker (Turley)

HonestChieffan
12-13-2006, 12:56 PM
1) Use Dante a lot, that works as a decoy.
2) after about 30 runs up the middle, go left once. If they bite, do it again.
3) Never pass an opportunity to punt. That gets Our strong D out there and they can get the ball back.

GROB
12-13-2006, 01:03 PM
As opposed to running on 1st and 2nd down when the D is expecting it and leading to 3rd and 6? We don't have the horses on the O-Line to be predictable in our playcalling. In the past, Roaf could just maul the dog piss out of someone along with Waters on the left side and it was a certain 5 yards. Now we just hope one of those mf'ers doesn't whiff a block or get blown up by a linebacker (Turley)
KC's run game is better than Denver's and Denver has had success running the ball on SD in both games. Last game score got out of hand too quick to continue. Throw when supposed to run and run when supposed to throw. Go for it on all 4th and shorts around midfield and take chances. Wait Herm would never go for that.

HonestChieffan
12-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Id make sure to show everyone how bad that Merriman guy is by running over him all game.

Inspector
12-13-2006, 02:30 PM
no wonder you have trouble following the game....you think there are 5 downs to get 10 yards:)

Oohh......I see.

Now it makes more sense.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Herm said the Chiefs were going to open it up.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2006, 02:43 PM
depends on what happens.....

1st sack/1st int ... it's back to run,run,pass,punt

siberian khatru
12-13-2006, 02:45 PM
depends on what happens.....

1st sack/1st int ... it's back to run,run,pass,punt

"See! See, fools! I TOLD you that shit don't work!"

FAX
12-13-2006, 02:48 PM

As long as he's not referring to butt cheeks, I'm all for it, Mr. GoChiefs.

FAX

Dark Horse
12-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Chiefs 31 Bolts 24 and at this point in the season nothing would piss me off more.

patteeu
12-13-2006, 03:06 PM
I think they should throw on first down at least 40% of the time. And how about working with LJ on a screen play or two this week during practice so we don't have to telegraph that play by bringing MB in everytime we want to run it. If we have a flea flicker in the arsenal, I don't see any point in keeping it under wraps for the playoffs at this point. And finally, on 3rd or 4th and short, I don't want to see any "patience" from LJ. Just hit the hole or the pile, whichever one is there, and keep driving until they have you on the ground.

GROB
12-13-2006, 03:30 PM
What's herm's idea of opening it up? Punting on 3rd down instead of 1st?

siberian khatru
12-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Chiefs 31 Bolts 24 and at this point in the season nothing would piss me off more.

You know they're going to beat the Chargers and Raiders, then lose at home to Jax with the playoffs on the line. It's the Chiefs Way.

HemiEd
12-13-2006, 03:53 PM
And how about working with LJ on a screen play or two this week during practice

Do you honestly think Trent can still complete a screen pass after watching the last couple of weeks?

FAX
12-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Do you honestly think Trent can still complete a screen pass after watching the last couple of weeks?

I do, Mr. HemiEd. I'm wondering if a lot of his miscues on the flats and screens have to do with practice time, routes, timing, rust, etc.

I still have faith in Trent Green.

FAX

Chief Chief
12-13-2006, 04:15 PM
KC offense: run LJ up the middle, run LJ up the middle, try a pass but get hurried/sacked/throw incomplete, punt (repeat)

KC defense: allow LT to run massive yards up the middle, drop out of the blitz look before the snap and go into Tampa 2 to allow SD's receiver-of-choice to catch a pass in the flat and get multiple yards, get burned on a catch by any SD receiver over the middle for an enormous gain, get scorched again on a draw play, watch helplessly as the throw goes over everyone and into the arms of a SD WR who's 8 yards away from the nearest defensive player, flail away at LT after he collects what appears to be an endless number of screen passes, etc.

KC special teams: When SD does have to punt that one time during the entire game, don't try to block it and, at the same time, don't try to set up blocks for a potential long return by Dante; allow kick-off defenders through so you can see how many spin'n'juke moves Dante has in his arsenal; watch the kicks of Tynes sail through the air to unknown destinations; etc.

Redcoats58
12-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Herm's gonna throw a wrench into the gameplan this week boys! He's gonna have Trent kneel down on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd then punt on 4th. Mark my words :thumb:

GoHuge
12-13-2006, 04:54 PM
It doesn't matter what they hell they do on offense. Last time they went out on the road this defensive football team gave up 400 + yards and 30 points to an anemic Browns offense. Before that they made an equally unimpressive Joey Harrington led Dolphins football team look like the greatest show on turf. This defense can't play road games against good football teams.They don't seem to be able to play it against anybody.

CupidStunt
12-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Run, run, incomplete, punt.

Rinse, repeat.

And chuck a couple INTs in there, too.

HemiEd
12-13-2006, 05:06 PM
I do, Mr. HemiEd. I'm wondering if a lot of his miscues on the flats and screens have to do with practice time, routes, timing, rust, etc.

I still have faith in Trent Green.

FAX

I have faith in Trent, he has many talents. However, I am convinced that Gaethers shorted out the screen pass part of Trents coconut.

FAX
12-13-2006, 06:09 PM
I have faith in Trent, he has many talents. However, I am convinced that Gaethers shorted out the screen pass part of Trents coconut.

ROFL

He may well have, Mr. HemiEd.

FAX

InChiefsHeaven
12-14-2006, 09:11 AM
ROFL

He may well have, Mr. HemiEd.

FAX

Entirely possible. Trent definately looks a little off on his short throws...