PDA

View Full Version : Clark Hunt / Carl Peterson

nomad
12-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Does anyone have a feel for Clarks committment to Carl Peterson as GM for this organization.

Please spare me the "insensitive jerk" comments, because I'm just asking a question here, and hope the best for Hunt Sr., same as everyone else.

Thx...

CtrlAltDel
12-13-2006, 11:19 AM
I thought Clark hated Carl. I sure hope he does.

ptlyon
Clark has been Carl's houseboy for years.

Literally.

CtrlAltDel
Oh and you're an insensitive jerk.

morphius
12-13-2006, 11:21 AM
That is what I remember as well. Heck, even the Dallas fan by me remembers that.

patteeu
12-13-2006, 11:22 AM
I don't know, but I'd bet that Carl will be around at least one more year.

Archie Bunker
12-13-2006, 11:23 AM
I read a rumor on another board about this. It said that whenever Clark took over Carl would step down from his GM position and just focus on the business side of things.

Not sure if that is true or just BS.

ptlyon
12-13-2006, 11:24 AM
I read a rumor on another board about this. It said that whenever Clark took over Carl would step down from his GM position and just focus on the business side of things.

BS. Everyone knows all rumors start on CP.

StcChief
12-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Hope Carl does step down just do Business side.
Clark should be very involved from top.

Monty
12-13-2006, 11:28 AM

I've heard the same thing. Whether that translates into Carl stepping down or not remains to be seen. I would expect that Clark would shake things up and make the organization better.....time will tell. :)

FAX
12-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Does Clark know anything about football?

FAX

CoMoChief
12-13-2006, 11:30 AM

FAX

Who knows, does Carl?

tomahawk kid
12-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Clark is not the fan of Carl's that is father is.

Phobia
12-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Where is all this information coming from? When Clark took control last year his first official action was to extend Carl's contract.

FAX
12-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Where is all this information coming from? When Clark took control last year his first official action was to extend Carl's contract.

So it's not true, Mr. Phobia?

Clark won't fire or reassign Carl?

FAX

ChiefsCountry
12-13-2006, 11:42 AM

That is true.

ptlyon
12-13-2006, 11:44 AM

Mine would have been to put more philly steak vendors on the 3rd concourse level, but that's just me.

htismaqe
12-13-2006, 11:44 AM
There's a lot of rumors about there about Clark not being a Carl fan.

I don't buy it anymore.

Clark has had A LOT of power in the organization over the last couple of years, and Carl got an EXTENSION during that time.

ChiefsCountry
12-13-2006, 11:45 AM
There's a lot of rumors about there about Clark not being a Carl fan.

I don't buy it anymore.

Clark has had A LOT of power in the organization over the last couple of years, and Carl got an EXTENSION during that time.

I agree with that, expect Lamar still has the veto power to over turn anything he didn't like.

ptlyon
12-13-2006, 11:47 AM
I agree with that, expect Lamar still has the veto power to over turn anything he didn't like.

Maybe that's why there haven't been more philly steak vendors on the third concourse...

ChiefsCountry
12-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Maybe that's why there haven't been more philly steak vendors on the third concourse...

ROFL

But they do have chili cheese fires. :drool:

Phobia
12-13-2006, 11:48 AM
So it's not true, Mr. Phobia?

Clark won't fire or reassign Carl?

FAX

I suppose anything is possible, but wishful thinking on the part of Chiefs fans won't make it so.

I just don't see why Clark would. Maybe if it comes to a necessary ploy to re-energize the KC fanbase at some point but as long as they continue to be profitable, I think Carl is good through 2009.

htismaqe
12-13-2006, 11:49 AM
I suppose anything is possible, but wishful thinking on the part of Chiefs fans won't make it so.

I just don't see why Clark would. Maybe if it comes to a necessary ploy to re-energize the KC fanbase at some point but as long as they continue to be profitable, I think Carl is good through 2009.

Yep.

ptlyon
12-13-2006, 11:49 AM
But they do have chili cheese fires. :drool:

You can get those at Hardee's.

ChiefsCountry
12-13-2006, 11:53 AM
You can get those at Hardee's.

You can a philly cheese steak at hardees as well. :harumph:

ptlyon
12-13-2006, 11:55 AM
You can a philly cheese steak at hardees as well. :harumph:

which explains the mediocrity of the whole Chiefs organization...

hawkchief
12-13-2006, 11:57 AM
If the Chiefs lose Sunday, as most expect, and end our playoff hopes once again, I sense the fans will let Clark know when the ticket renewal notices go out in February that they are sick of Carl's "plan". There is no waiting list, and it's been a struggle to sell out this season. The emperor (Carl) is rapidly being exposed, and Clark will likely be forced to make a move to placate his pigeons/real fans/season ticket holders - sooner than later i.e. before home game blackouts are back in style in KC.

ROYC75
12-13-2006, 12:02 PM

But they do have nachos in the suites..... Just ask PH.

BigRedChief
12-13-2006, 12:03 PM

No chit. There has never been any negative public comment from Clark Hunt about King Carl. Why would we assume theres something there? Someone from the Planet overhead an elevator conversation exchange? Next thing we know its rumor as fact time... Fox isn't starting because he slept with Edwards mistress. Same thing just update the players and coaches.

As far as an extension....That doesn't mean chit. How many times do we see coaches get extensions and then get fired a year later or at theend of the same season?

I wouldn't mind King Carl staying on as Pres/CEO/Marketing guru. He's the best at that in the NFL. Getting players should be a seperate job held by a different person accountable only to the owner. Thats the new guy we need.

siberian khatru
12-13-2006, 12:05 PM
My sister's husband's mother's aunt's hairdresser's nephew goes to church with Clark, and says he's always calling Carl a prick and how when "Daddy" dies he's gonna send him packing.

FWIW.

Hoover
12-13-2006, 12:07 PM
I know its popular to bash CP, but worry what we might get someone worse than Carl when he goes. The grass is not always greener folks. I actually think Carl has down well with the Chiefs. Carl was also delt a bad hand this year, Roaf and Welbourn really hurt us.

MahiMike
12-13-2006, 12:11 PM

This would be the totally best thing that could ever happen to the Chiefs. I hate to wish Lamar any bad thoughts, but I think his passing will be the beginning of better things to come in KC. We can only hope that Clark is more than ready to pull the trigger. But only time will tell if he's any different than his daddy.

Phobia
12-13-2006, 12:17 PM
As far as an extension....That doesn't mean chit. How many times do we see coaches get extensions and then get fired a year later or at theend of the same season?

I don't remember a coach who got a 3-4 year extension and then fired after one year. Maybe in Washington - Snyder has money to throw away like that. Maybe in Oakland, Davis doesn't pay his coaches crap anyway. Not in KC. There's no way Clark kisses the $10M+ or whatever he's paying Carl over the next 3 years goodbye. Obviously, this presumes Carl's contract is guaranteed which I would imagine it is.

Bugeater
12-13-2006, 12:20 PM
My sister's husband's mother's aunt's hairdresser's nephew goes to church with Clark, and says he's always calling Carl a prick and how when "Daddy" dies he's gonna send him packing.

FWIW.
I'm convinced.

milkman
12-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I know its popular to bash CP, but worry what we might get someone worse than Carl when he goes. The grass is not always greener folks. I actually think Carl has down well with the Chiefs. Carl was also delt a bad hand this year, Roaf and Welbourn really hurt us.

This is like Martyball philosophy.

Play not to lose.

It's possible that someone else might be worse.
But it's also possible that we might end up with better.

Without risk, there can be no reward.

BigRedChief
12-13-2006, 12:48 PM
I don't remember a coach who got a 3-4 year extension and then fired after one year. Maybe in Washington - Snyder has money to throw away like that. Maybe in Oakland, Davis doesn't pay his coaches crap anyway. Not in KC. There's no way Clark kisses the $10M+ or whatever he's paying Carl over the next 3 years goodbye. Obviously, this presumes Carl's contract is guaranteed which I would imagine it is.
Marty after one year happend just 4 years ago. No, I don't think they will send King Carl packing with all their money. Possible scenerio: King Carl keeps the same financial package he has now they just take the GM duties away from him and give it to a seperate enity/department/position.

Hoover
12-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This is like Martyball philosophy.

Play not to lose.

It's possible that someone else might be worse.
But it's also possible that we might end up with better.

Without risk, there can be no reward.
But you don't make change just to make change, especially in business, and remember the NFL is a business, big business.

Monty
12-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Where is all this information coming from?

Nick Athan told me. :p

Tribal Warfare
12-13-2006, 03:35 PM
BS. Everyone knows all rumors start on CP.

I reported that during last seasons Bengal finale that it looked like Clark was chewing Carl's ass out on the sidelines before the game started.

PinkFloyd
12-13-2006, 04:08 PM
If the Chiefs lose Sunday, as most expect, and end our playoff hopes once again, I sense the fans will let Clark know when the ticket renewal notices go out in February that they are sick of Carl's "plan". There is no waiting list, and it's been a struggle to sell out this season. The emperor (Carl) is rapidly being exposed, and Clark will likely be forced to make a move to placate his pigeons/real fans/season ticket holders - sooner than later i.e. before home game blackouts are back in style in KC.

They must be predicting that alot of people will NOT renew... Reason being --- I last had season tickets in 1998 --- and I recieved in the mail yesterday a letter asking if I ever wanted to renew, now is MY CHANCE... That's just messed up going after people who had season tickets back then...

Spell it with me kids: D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-I-O-N !!!!!

PinkFloyd
12-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Marty after one year happend just 4 years ago. No, I don't think they will send King Carl packing with all their money. Possible scenerio: King Carl keeps the same financial package he has now they just take the GM duties away from him and give it to a seperate enity/department/position.

Exactly !!!

PinkFloyd
12-13-2006, 04:16 PM

In order for the Chiefs to ever get anywhere, is to let these old foggies go on their merry way... We need a new young GM to come in and let him and Herm pick THEIR players...

We've NEVER EVER had a quarterback of the future... Blackledge doesn't count cause he sucked ass after 2 games... If you want to build a team, you put someone in there right the hell out of college and let him take his lumps...

The AFC is going to whip our asses for years to come... Manning, Palmer, Rivers, Cutler, etc. etc. were or are rookies with the starting job... We are light years behind the NFL right now talent wise...

Clean house now, cause we can't win with who we have now... Our record over the last NINE years is around .500 I would bet....

Reerun_KC
12-13-2006, 04:19 PM
We need a new young GM to come in and let him and Herm pick THEIR players...

Who says a new GM would be dumb enough to keep Herm?

It should of read "We need a new young GM to come in and let him and His Coach pick THEIR players..."

Chiefnj
12-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Why do people assume Clark will make wholesale changes or be an involved owner? I would imagine that being in the Hunt family one's main interest would be the black gold. That's where the money is at.

PinkFloyd
12-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Who says a new GM would be dumb enough to keep Herm?

It should of read "We need a new young GM to come in and let him and His Coach pick THEIR players..."

I hate Herm's way of using the offense... I'm sure Solari doesn't even call 3/4 of the plays... Herm is the HEAD COACH, and what he says goes...

And with that, I'm even willing to give him the chance to draft his own players and see what happens... The Chiefs are bad about coaches hanging around way too long, when they should be fired...

But; at the same time -- we just can't hire and fire a coach every 2-3-4 years... We'll never get anywhere...

Reerun_KC
12-13-2006, 04:27 PM
I hate Herm's way of using the offense... I'm sure Solari doesn't even call 3/4 of the plays... Herm is the HEAD COACH, and what he says goes...

And with that, I'm even willing to give him the chance to draft his own players and see what happens... The Chiefs are bad about coaches hanging around way too long, when they should be fired...

But; at the same time -- we just can't hire and fire a coach every 2-3-4 years... We'll never get anywhere...

Your right, but if you are going to get a New GM, give him a chance to succeed. Making him keep Herm would prevent him from effectively building his own organization..

I wouldnt wish that upon a new GM, You have to give him a chance. Keeping Herm just wouldnt be fair.

Reerun_KC
12-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Btw, Herm has had chances. See the NYJ teams and organization....

htismaqe
12-13-2006, 04:33 PM

Alot of the ticket sale issues have to do with prices and income levels. Watch Carl drop ticket prices - the lemmings will sign up in droves.

Nobody is being exposed at all. Carl has this entire organization by the balls.

htismaqe
12-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Btw, Herm has had chances. See the NYJ teams and organization....

He hasn't had a chance in KC, and that's all that matters.

Reerun_KC
12-13-2006, 04:36 PM
He hasn't had a chance in KC, and that's all that matters.

But you expect a new GM not to have a chance?

Kind of a double standard huh?

htismaqe
12-13-2006, 04:37 PM

Not a double standard at all.

Because there won't be a new GM until after Herm has had his chance.

Get used to it - nobody is going anywhere until at least 2010.

PinkFloyd
12-13-2006, 04:39 PM

Your right... We're just fricking cursed here in KC...

Everyone here on the planet needs to chip in and buy the Chiefs !!! ROFL

Phobia
12-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah, everyone on the planet can't even chip in and buy a case of tee-shirts. Maybe you could lower your sights just a bit.

slappyhappy
12-13-2006, 05:16 PM

FAX

Does Herm?

hawkchief
12-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Alot of the ticket sale issues have to do with prices and income levels. Watch Carl drop ticket prices - the lemmings will sign up in droves.

Nobody is being exposed at all. Carl has this entire organization by the balls.

When the revenue #'s drop, as they will continue to, Peterson will continue to be be exposed. People are fed up with his transparent act and lack of producing a winner. I believe that Clark Hunt will be smart enough to appease his customer base sooner than later, and reduce Peterson's choke-hold on the organization. It will be done in a fashion that makes it looks like Peterson's idea, but it will be done.

penguinz
12-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Yeah, everyone on the planet can't even chip in and buy a case of tee-shirts. Maybe you could lower your sights just a bit.Just use them as shop rags!

Oucho Cinco
12-13-2006, 05:26 PM
I've heard the same thing. Whether that translates into Carl stepping down or not remains to be seen. I would expect that Clark would shake things up and make the organization better.....time will tell. :)

Clark will surely shake things up. Can you spell L.A.?

penguinz
12-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Clark will surely shake things up. Can you spell L.A.?You think it would be cheap to get out of the new lease they just signed?

Phobia
12-13-2006, 05:34 PM

Can you spell twentyfive year lease?

RNR
12-13-2006, 05:38 PM
LOL yeah leave a town that sells out every game every year 30 plus years removed from the Superbowl. Yeah go west and see empty seats less when you are making a run at a championship.

PinkFloyd
12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah, everyone on the planet can't even chip in and buy a case of tee-shirts. Maybe you could lower your sights just a bit.

We could buy a case of t-shirts and sell them as expensive as Carl does tickets ???

We could sell them at Arrowhead on a Saturday, and charge 32 bucks for parking... Someone could make hamburgers and hotdogs and sell them for 8 bucks like Carl does... We could sell 7 dollar beer like Carl does...

ROFL ROFL

milkman
12-13-2006, 06:06 PM
In order for the Chiefs to ever get anywhere, is to let these old foggies go on their merry way... We need a new young GM to come in and let him and Herm pick THEIR players...

We've NEVER EVER had a quarterback of the future... Blackledge doesn't count cause he sucked ass after 2 games... If you want to build a team, you put someone in there right the hell out of college and let him take his lumps...

The AFC is going to whip our asses for years to come... Manning, Palmer, Rivers, Cutler, etc. etc. were or are rookies with the starting job... We are light years behind the NFL right now talent wise...

Clean house now, cause we can't win with who we have now... Our record over the last NINE years is around .500 I would bet....

Neither Rivers or Palmer started right the hell out of college.

FAX
12-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Does Herm?

I love it when a guy named Mr. slappyhappy answers a question with a question.

FAX

TEX
12-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Does Herm?

Herm knows that,"You play to win the game!" Yet he runs the ball SIXTEEN times out of 20 on 1st down and THIRTEEN times out of 19 on 2nd down against the Ravens. What a FKN MORON. :shake:

Skip Towne
12-13-2006, 06:39 PM
How old is Clark Hunt?

PinkFloyd
12-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Neither Rivers or Palmer started right the hell out of college.

OK... Close after getting out of college... Our "rookies" start when they are 31-32-33 years old...

If I was a QB in the draft --- I'd pray like hell the Chiefs never signed me...

milkman
12-13-2006, 06:49 PM
OK... Close after getting out of college... Our "rookies" start when they are 31-32-33 years old...

If I was a QB in the draft --- I'd pray like hell the Chiefs never signed me...

Our rookies have never started, because, as it turns out they've sucked.

PinkFloyd
12-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Our rookies have never started, because, as it turns out they've sucked.

Damn straight on that !! We get goof balls like Fuller, Blackledge, Elkins, Barnes...

Could have had the Montana's, Marino's, Elways...

Simply sad !!!!!!!!

ChiefsCountry
12-13-2006, 06:52 PM
How old is Clark Hunt?

Skip Towne
12-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Just checking to be sure we aren't getting a Hootie.

ChiefsCountry
12-13-2006, 06:56 PM

ROFL

PinkFloyd
12-13-2006, 07:19 PM

OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!

Coach
12-13-2006, 07:22 PM

Unless someone guns him down.

Just saying.... :shrug:

mikeyis4dcats.
12-14-2006, 10:53 AM
someone told me that Clark is interested in moving the team back to Texas. Anybody else heard that?? I can't imagine it's true...

Phobia
12-14-2006, 10:57 AM
someone told me that Clark is interested in moving the team back to Texas. Anybody else heard that?? I can't imagine it's true...

The Chiefs JUST signed a 25 year lease on Arrowhead 10 minutes ago. Moving rumors are just ignorant at this point.

BigRedChief
12-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Tell them they are on drugs and stupid or both. Chiefs are locked into a brand new 25 year voter appoved lease. Renovations at Arrohead start in January.

htismaqe
12-14-2006, 10:59 AM
When the revenue #'s drop, as they will continue to, Peterson will continue to be be exposed. People are fed up with his transparent act and lack of producing a winner. I believe that Clark Hunt will be smart enough to appease his customer base sooner than later, and reduce Peterson's choke-hold on the organization. It will be done in a fashion that makes it looks like Peterson's idea, but it will be done.

People have been saying it for 10 years. Repeating ad nauseum doesn't make it true.

Revenue isn't gonna drop - they make their money off of TV.

Don't plan on Clark doing a damn thing, after all, his first official act was to give Carl an extension.

Mr. Laz
12-14-2006, 11:00 AM

is getting a Hootie the same as getting an Athan?

Reerun_KC
12-14-2006, 11:14 AM
his first official act was to give Carl an extension.

That day in Kansas City was almost as sad as today... Just a travisty!