PDA

View Full Version : I told you they are going after all dogs.

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2006, 12:41 PM
I haven't posted on this for a long time and there is a disturbing new trend amoungst the psycho's who want to go after our dogs. The new trend is to go after all dogs above a certain weight. The newest legislation being proposed is in Benld, IL where they are drafting an ordinance BANNING all dogs over 15 pounds

This is the Mayors office:

201 E Central Ave
Benld, IL 62009, USA
(217) 835-2000
Tom Campbell

In Desoto Texas they want to go after all dogs over 50 lbs.

Be advised that what passes in one Texas city is copied by other cities,
whether it effectively addresses the animal problem or not. It's easy to
just pass another law.

The city of DeSoto, Texas, is holding a Town Hall Meeting on Thursday, December 7th, at 7:00 p.m. to discuss the possibility of banning certain breeds of dogs or banning ownership of all dogs over 50 lbs. Other options include "limiting the number of animals in a specific space."

Texas state law prohibits Breed Specific Legislation (BSL), but we expect
numerous bills to be filed regarding dangerous dogs when the legislature
convenes in January, including another attempt to repeal the existing law.
RPOA defeated such an attempt last legislative session with the help of many
breed clubs. The woman recently in the news who received the face
transplant was attacked by a Labrador Retriever. No breed of dog is
inherently vicious.

City Council Chambers are located at Town Center, 211 E. Pleasant Run Road
(corner of Pleasant Run and Hampton Road, DeSoto, TX 75115).
The city council is interested in hearing all points of view and positions
on this issue and urges everyone to attend this important meeting. For more
information, contact the Action Center at (972) 230-9600.

DeSoto's website says there is a growing concern over aggressive dogs in
their neighborhoods manifested by "dogs running at large without proper ID."
Most severe or fatal dog attacks result from dogs running at large, yet
there is never any mention of strict enforcement of Leash Laws.

Although mandatory spay/neuter is being touted as the solution to all evils
(upon impoundment of loose dogs), it will not stop these attacks if the dogs
are running at large. It's the opposite end of the dog that bites!
Let DeSoto city officials know that their city already has enough laws
(Leash Law, Nuisance Law and Pet Limits). Ask that they be enforced.

Contact Information:
Jim Baugh, City Manager
Phone: (972) 230-9643
Fax: (972) 230-9643
jbaugh@ci.desoto.tx.us

Mayor Michael Hurtt
http://www.ci.desoto.tx.us/mayor.htm

All council members may be emailed with one click at:
www.ci.desoto.tx.us/contact_council.htm.

Responsible Pet Owners Alliance
900 NE Loop 410 #311-D
San Antonio, TX 78209
Phone: (210) 822-6763
Fax: (210) 822-9038
$15 Annual dues (January - December)
To share information, subscribe or unsubscribe,
send an e-mail message to rpoa @ texas.net.

This is the new front on the war on dogs taking place in our country. This will be the new approach by animal rights groups such as teh HSUS

I guess Rudi Guiliani is a real big dog legislation guy as well:

If Rudy Guiliani is the president, KISS YOUR PIT BULLS, PIT BULL MIXES AND PIT BULL-LOOKING DOGS GOOD-BYE!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061114/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani2008

It's official, he's going for the Presidency in 2008. All other issues aside, Pit Bull owners concerned about BSL should NOT support Guiliani. He has expressly stated that he believes Pit Bulls should be exterminated. He tried to pass a law in NY imposing very strict regulations against Pit Bulls. He has made no secret of the fact that he despises Pit Bulls. He wanted to ELIMINATE HEARINGS on dangerous dogs and let cities DESTROY pets without such a hearing.

http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/studentwork/bronxbeat/1999/march/march8/pitbull.html

Any politician that advocates ELIMINATING due process HEARINGS for any reason is NO politician that should be President of the United States. Hearings for people accused of committing crimes are a Constitutional Right (and most dangerous dog citations fall under the criminal code against the owner). Rudy Guiliani wants to bypass the United States Constitution and deprive people of their Constitutional Rights.

Sound familiar?

And this time it's not even to allegedly fight TERRORISM. It's because he doesn't like the kind of DOGS some people own.

Scary.

Read more about Guiliani and his views on Pit Bulls

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F30F10F73A5D0C7B8EDDA80894D1494D81&n=Top%2fNews%2fNew%20York%20and%20Region%2fColumns%2fAbout%20New%20York

Giuliani Proposes Tough Law on 'Dangerous' Dogs, Angering Owners

*Please Note: Archive articles do not include photos, charts or graphics. More information. January 28, 1999, Thursday

By DAN BARRY (NYT); Metropolitan Desk
Late Edition - Final, Section B, Page 1, Column 2, 933 words

DISPLAYING ABSTRACT - New York City Mayor Giuliani administration trains its quality-of-life sights on city's dogs with bill that would increase fines for harboring dogs deemed to be dangerous, deny dogs any consideration for being provoked into barking or biting, and require owners of pit bulls to obtain $100,000 in liability insurance before being granted dog license

I'm also wondering -- so under his regime, if a serial murderer breaks into your home and tries to kill you, and your dog BITES the would-be killer, your dog is deemed dangerous without a hearing and euthanized?

I don't care who ELSE you support for President, but I urge all dog owners to vote NO to Rudy Guiliani and to spread the word far and wide. We have a year to get the word out to dog lovers everywhere.

Rudy Guiliani cannot be the next President, and it has so much more to do with DOGS. It has to do with basic due process rights afforded by the United States Constitution... rights that separate this country from many others.... Rights that many men and women have died protecting.

penguinz
12-13-2006, 12:47 PM
What a bunch of BS. Size has nothing to do with a dog being dangerous.

HonestChieffan
12-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Like anything it can be taken to far. The banning of Pitbulls is fine with me butto say they are going to take somebodys lab is simply silly

BucEyedPea
12-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Doggone!

:o)

SLAG
So my old Supervisors Mastiff has to go?

jidar
For that, I jerk off on their faces
metaphorically

Bob Dole
12-13-2006, 12:50 PM
And you all make fun of Bob Dole's anklebiters.

StcChief
12-13-2006, 12:50 PM
My lab-pointer hold her turf against other dogs, but loves humans.....

Will bark at strangers or animals that stray on to our property to warn.

Very protective, good natured and at 55 lbs would be taken BS.

Gonzo
12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Come on over coppers and try to take my dog.

I think you may find it a bit of a challenge.

Redrum_69
12-13-2006, 12:52 PM
What a bunch of BS. Size has nothing to do with a dog being dangerous.

If that was the case they'd ban your mom long ago...

HonestChieffan
12-13-2006, 12:54 PM
When they banned them in KC, those wonderful loving Pitbull Owners who made such a fuss started dumping them in the rural areas like crazy.

I know of at least 4 that were dumped and as a result shot by people I know.You dont want those kind of dogs unattended or around livestock.

Pittbulls are bred for meanness

Redrum_69
12-13-2006, 12:55 PM
When they banned them in KC, those wonderful loving Pitbull Owners who made such a fuss started dumping them in the rural areas like crazy.

I know of at least 4 that were dumped and as a result shot by people I know.You dont want those kind of dogs unattended or around livestock.

Big_Daddy meltdown in 5...4....3......

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Like anything it can be taken to far. The banning of Pitbulls is fine with me butto say they are going to take somebodys lab is simply silly

The goal of the animal rights groups was to demonize pit bulls so they could pass vicious dog legislation and then add breeds to it. What's happening now is dog owners in particular pit bull owners are getting their shit together. They are proving the breed is not human aggressive by nature and that it's a people problem that is not breed specific. The goal of animal rights groups is to end the domestic ownership of all animals it's just a matter of the way they go about it. Being that they are beginning to lose more than they are winning now on BSL they are shifting gears and going after all dogs by size. Remember their goal. This has never been a pit bull issue, it's always been a dog issue in general. I told people this would happen but I was told I was crazy and paranoid.

For the record labs bite more people than any other dog in the bay area where I live.

Bob Dole
12-13-2006, 12:56 PM
FYI - You can watch the 12/7 Desoto meeting at http://desoto.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=2

The intro says that there is no intended action at the meeting--they are only accepting comments from the attendees.

FAX
12-13-2006, 12:57 PM
I'd much prefer to see dog owners with IQs below 90 (or maybe 95) taken off the streets.

FAX

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2006, 12:58 PM

I agree you can't just have these dogs running around livestock, they are animal aggressive. They however are not human aggressive by nature. Kansas and Missouri now lead the nation in BSL, that's not a good thing. Remember in areas where they get it through the next goal is to add additional breeds.

Donger
12-13-2006, 12:58 PM
They can have my dog when they pry it from my peanut butter encrusted....

Oh, wait a minute.

MOhillbilly
12-13-2006, 12:59 PM
humaniacs saveing us from us.

animalrights really means less rights for you.

Donger
12-13-2006, 01:00 PM
For the record labs bite more people than any other dog in the bay area where I live.

And how many of those resulted in maiming or death? I don't agree with banning, but let's acknowledge that certqain breeds are more capable of inflicting serious injury than others.

HonestChieffan
12-13-2006, 01:01 PM
The debate will rage forever with the gangbangers and whomever who has the pittbulls all going nutso over bans while the media makes sure we get prime time coverage of pitbull attacks on kids, old ladys, and whoever.

That pitbull that killed a lady in KC about a month after another pitbull put a guy in the hospital for about 3 weeks pretty well tipped it over in KC area.

Not many lab killings or scotch terrier maulings being reported.

Donger
12-13-2006, 01:02 PM
I'd much prefer to see dog owners with IQs below 90 (or maybe 95) taken off the streets.

FAX

Indeed.

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2006, 01:03 PM
And how many of those resulted in maiming or death? I don't agree with banning, but let's acknowledge that certqain breeds are more capable of inflicting serious injury than others.

No question. There are many breeds capable of quite extensive damage.

Chiefnj
12-13-2006, 01:05 PM
If all Pit Bull breeders were reputable and only sold to reputable persons this wouldn't be a big issue.

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Not many lab killings or scotch terrier maulings being reported.

Texas state law prohibits Breed Specific Legislation (BSL), but we expect
numerous bills to be filed regarding dangerous dogs when the legislature
convenes in January, including another attempt to repeal the existing law.
RPOA defeated such an attempt last legislative session with the help of many
breed clubs. The woman recently in the news who received the face
transplant was attacked by a Labrador Retriever. No breed of dog is
inherently vicious.

penguinz
12-13-2006, 01:06 PM
If that was the case they'd ban your mom long ago...You have lost your burst. It has been ages since one of your little posts has been the least bit entertaining let alone funny. You need to go back to when you would pop in rare occasions.

HonestChieffan
12-13-2006, 01:06 PM
In Kc we have not heard anyone ever mention banning other breeds. Thats why states should allow single breed banning so you dont force stupid crap like banning dogs of a certain size. If they had not passed that boneheaded breed specific deal they could ban pitbulls and move on.

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2006, 01:08 PM
If all Pit Bull breeders were reputable and only sold to reputable persons this wouldn't be a big issue.

Yes it would be because the people who are promoting this legislation are against the domestic ownership of all animals. The pit was just a tool used to try and get BSL pased. Now that they are beginning to lose that battle their real objective is easier to see as they go after all dogs above a certain size. They are going to try and make that size as small as possible to get as many breeds as they can.

FAX
12-13-2006, 01:09 PM
No question. There are many breeds capable of quite extensive damage.

In my experience, the Great White Pekingese is an unruly little bastard. Don't go near their water.

FAX

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2006, 01:13 PM
In Kc we have not heard anyone ever mention banning other breeds. Thats why states should allow single breed banning so you dont force stupid crap like banning dogs of a certain size. If they had not passed that boneheaded breed specific deal they could ban pitbulls and move on.

You haven't had a chance to see the long term effects of the legislation as it has just recently passed there. Give it some time. Denver who started all this shit has already considered making Rottweilers next. Owners need to be held accountable for the actions of their dogs period, whatever breed. Once you start down the path of that breed of dog has vicious tendencies you leave the door wide open. If you look at the history of dog legislation globally and the people promoting it they never stop with one breed or even 10. Remember the objective.

JimNasium
12-13-2006, 01:15 PM

FAX
http://content.crazyphotos.com/65259.jpg

morphius
12-13-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm not a dog person, but 15 lbs is ridiculous. Hell, many a cat weighs in at more then that.

chappy
12-13-2006, 01:17 PM
I say don't ban any dogs just punish the owner for whatever the pet does at large just like you would punish them if they actually did it.

If the owners dog kills a small child waiting at a bus stop for school then the owner goes to trial for murder

Redrum_69
12-13-2006, 01:18 PM
You have lost your burst. It has been ages since one of your little posts has been the least bit entertaining let alone funny. You need to go back to when you would pop in rare occasions.

I'm just trying to get my post count up to 1000 by whatever means necessary

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2006, 01:19 PM
I say don't ban any dogs just punish the owner for whatever the pet does at large just like you would punish them if they actually did it.

If the owners dog kills a small child waiting at a bus stop for school then the owner goes to trial for murder

Yes, that IS the answer. :toast:

Mr. Laz
12-13-2006, 01:20 PM
jesus .... were you raised by dogs, BD?

LMAO

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2006, 01:23 PM
jesus .... were you raised by dogs, BD?

LMAO

I think you got me and JSP mixed up.

Not many people know this about JSP but when he was little his parents gave him a magnifying glass for Christmas. After he used it to burn the family bible he used to burn himself just to feel the pain. Later on he ran away from home and was raised by wolves. Upon returning home he chewed off the head of the family pet. Now he just likes skinning animals alive to hear them scream. You just don't mess with somebody like that. If there is anyone who truly hardcore it's JSP. Personally I think he's unsaveable but hey that's just me. If you try though just remember what I told you. You can't say you weren't warned.

chappy
12-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Theres no such thing as a Bad Dog just Bad Owners

HonestChieffan
12-13-2006, 01:43 PM
People who own bad dogs dont kill people. Wait this is not right...

Guns dont kill, people who own guns do.

ok, now dogs...

Dogs dont kill....hmmm yea, sometimes they do...

Dog Owners dont kill, dogs sometimes do... DARN that didnt come out right...

Hmmm, maybe there is something to this bad dog or mean dog or vicious dog thing after all...

Mr. Laz
12-13-2006, 01:43 PM
I think you got me and JSP mixed up.
ROFL

Question: if you had a beautiful Dog and a man, who looks to be some kind of bum, sitting in front of you. Each in it's own cage.

10 armed guys surround you, all too far away for you to get your hands on, but close enough for them to shoot you dead.

They hand you a gun with 1 bullet and say "to live you must kill the man or the dog"

what do you do? :hmmm:

penguinz
12-13-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm just trying to get my post count up to 1000 by whatever means necessaryWhy is that? Do you feel having a large post count will make your other inadequacies disappear?

penguinz
12-13-2006, 01:46 PM
ROFL

Question: if you had a beautiful Dog and a man, who looks to be some kind of bum, sitting in front of you. Each in it's own cage.

10 armed guys surround you, all too far away for you to get your hands on, but close enough for them to shoot you dead.

They hand you a gun with 1 bullet and say "to live you must kill the man or the dog"

what do you do? :hmmm:How bad does the bum smell?

HonestChieffan
12-13-2006, 01:47 PM
ROFL

I'd ask Solari his opinion then I'd punt cause I know the defense is gonna come hard and get the ball back.

wilas101
12-13-2006, 01:56 PM
15 pounds? Thats nuts. We have a great dane and I don't think she weighed under 15 lbs at birth.

Her IQ may be 15 but I guess they aren't discriminating against dumb dogs. :)

King_Chief_Fan
12-13-2006, 02:05 PM
You have lost your burst. It has been ages since one of your little posts has been the least bit entertaining let alone funny. You need to go back to when you would pop in rare occasions.

Redrums mom is a dog.........ban her.

Redrum_69
12-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Why is that? Do you feel having a large post count will make your other inadequacies disappear?

No, asshat, I just figured I'd shoot for 1000 posts.

Then when I reach 1k I'll shoot for 10k

Then when I reach 10k I'll shoot for 100k

Dark Horse
12-13-2006, 02:49 PM
It's all part of the political agenda of those touchy feely types. Ban everything that makes you feel vulnerable dogs, guns, smoking, bottle caps at games(whats up with that), liquids on airplanes, open fires in campgrounds, going out in the woods to take a leak at a camp ground, pocket knives, SUV's, violent sports, discipline in school, hunting, fishing, base jumping, using animals for food, using animals in labaratory testing( I guess we should just grow some test tube humans for that), capital punishment, corporal punishment, any sentence imposed that could be construed as punishment, trans fats, greenhouse gasses, bottle rockets, bb guns, any toy guns, religion, explicit lyrics I think you get the idea.

Eleazar
12-13-2006, 03:02 PM

Or that a breed like a Lab is probably infinitely more common than a pit bull resulting in a larger raw number of bites.

Bwana
12-13-2006, 03:03 PM
WTF? Useless waste of skin tree huggers. What a bunch of crap.

Inspector
12-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Next thing ya know, they'll be coming after our drugs.

Inspector
12-13-2006, 03:30 PM
No, asshat, I just figured I'd shoot for 1000 posts.

Then when I reach 1k I'll shoot for 10k

Then when I reach 10k I'll shoot for 100k

It's good to have goals in your life.

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2006, 03:40 PM
ROFL

I shoot the dog. You worded it wrong. You should have said if it was my dog.

BIG_DADDY
12-13-2006, 04:00 PM
People who own bad dogs dont kill people. Wait this is not right...

Guns dont kill, people who own guns do.

ok, now dogs...

Dogs dont kill....hmmm yea, sometimes they do...

Dog Owners dont kill, dogs sometimes do... DARN that didnt come out right...

Hmmm, maybe there is something to this bad dog or mean dog or vicious dog thing after all...

Now you don't like guns too? :shake: Dude you're just not right. This one is for you.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world
is the HOPE that the evils of this world
are to be cured by legislation"
Thomas B. Reed (1886)