PDA

View Full Version : KC at The Chahgers

ChiefaRoo
12-14-2006, 02:29 AM
The line here in Vegas is Sandy Eggo -8.5

I hate to say it but I think KC is going to get a mud hole stomped into them by Sandy Eggo. KC is going to throw short passes only and SD is going to stack the box and play tough Marty D and then they're going to run LT right through our shitty D tackles and Kawiffa is going to miss a few that will result in a long run or two. I'm sorry if this offends you homers but I think taking SD and giving the points is a winning bet. Opinions?

jidar
12-14-2006, 02:34 AM
I hate to say it guys but it looks like the Sun is going to come up tomorrow.

Also, I fully expect the sky to be blue and things you throw into the air will fall down again. Crazy I know, but the odds in Vegas don't lie.
Opinions?
http://uranus.ckt.net/~bmcclen/captainobvious.jpg

L.A. Chieffan
12-14-2006, 02:36 AM
This sucks.
Does every game have to suck? I know it's on the road, and we blow. But hey, Lamars passing has to be good for at least 1 TD right? Take the points.

ChiefaRoo
12-14-2006, 02:38 AM
I really want opinions guys. I'm thinking about putting down a sizable bet. 3 to 4 g's

BWillie
12-14-2006, 02:38 AM
The only way we are going to win this game is if we some how get some lucky fumbles/interceptions to go our way and we stop being pussies and throw the football when we are F***ing losing a ball game.

ChiefaRoo
12-14-2006, 02:40 AM
The only way we are going to win this game is if we some how get some lucky fumbles/interceptions to go our way and we stop being pussies and throw the football when we are F***ing losing a ball game.

So can Kennison, Parker and Tony G. get up field on the Chargers D? More importantly will Solari and Herm let them try?

L.A. Chieffan
12-14-2006, 02:40 AM
I really want opinions guys. I'm thinking about putting down a sizable bet. 3 to 4 g's
how can you place money against the chiefs. even if you think they're gonna lose I wouldn't bet on it. just blow ur money on a different game

jidar
12-14-2006, 02:41 AM

Since Hunt just died this whole thing just got thrown out of whack. Plus SD and KC both are have a history of unpredictability.
I wouldn't touch this game with a large amount of cash.

ChiefaRoo
12-14-2006, 02:44 AM
how can you place money against the chiefs. even if you think they're gonna lose I wouldn't bet on it. just blow ur money on a different game

Well, unless Tony G. is going to kick me out a few bucks from his game check I'nm gonna look at this game from a pragmatic standpoint. KC almost never plays well in SD going back to the early 90's. Marty knows how to play D and I think KC is in trouble with guys like Tony G and even Trent realizing that a window is rapidly closing on their year and careers and that might cause a distraction. I think this team is teetering on the brink of a meltdown. I hope I'm wrong but if I'm going to bet I take SD and the points. Sorry guys but that's how I see it.

ChiefaRoo
12-14-2006, 02:45 AM
Since Hunt just died this whole thing just got thrown out of whack. Plus SD and KC both are have a history of unpredictability.
I wouldn't touch this game with a large amount of cash.

I think if anything the Lamar factor is a negative. It's not like he said "go out and win one for me in SD" Sorry he passed, he was a pioneer and a great football man.

MichaelH
12-14-2006, 06:04 AM
I'd like to think the passing of their owner would light a fire under their asses. I don't want to call it but I think the Chiefs win.

NewChief
12-14-2006, 06:10 AM
I think if anything the Lamar factor is a negative. It's not like he said "go out and win one for me in SD" Sorry he passed, he was a pioneer and a great football man.

By nature, I'm just not much of a gambler. Keeping in mind that disclaimer, there's no way in hell I'd put down 3-4 grand on any NFL game, much less a division rivalry. Who cares about the spread? On any given Sunday, anything can happen as is proven time after time, week after week. That being said, it's your money.

King_Chief_Fan
12-14-2006, 07:08 AM

why so little? where is your confidence in your "feeling" about this one.

You are a smart one you are. You are asking members of this board as to whether you should bet?

Yup, go ahead, bet......but make it 10-12 grand. Don't be a light weight.

boogblaster
12-14-2006, 07:30 AM
This game, after its owner passing, should lite a fire..who knows tho..still I wouldn't bet on this one...

Bugeater
12-14-2006, 07:34 AM
1-800-BETS-OFF

Chief Nute
12-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Last night I placed my largest bet of the NFL season.

KANSAS CITY +9 OVER SAN DIEGO

My buddies are laughing at me saying I have lost my mind and dont bet with your heart.......but I am loving that.

The best bets I have ever made in the NFL have been ones that I have been laughed out of the room with.

If something seems too easy in the NFL......go the other way. The unexpected always happens.

I compare betting the NFL to the stock market.....buy low, sell high. If you listen to anyone, including here, they will tell you the Chiefs are done. If you listen to those same people, they will tell you that the Chargers are the new best team in the AFC, and not the Colts.

Looks like I am getting a pretty good price on a team that has one final chance to make a statement this year. They already were playing with their backs against the wall, and now they are playing for Lamar.

I think we win outright this Sunday.

bringbackmarty
12-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Three things to consider,

1. Gunther is on the hot seat, I don't care what you say, If we don't finish strong on d he is done. Gunther is good against the division, none of our divisional games have sucked. It will be close no matter what, so watch your spread.

2. L.J. is pissed, and so is Gonzo. They both will be looking for a career game this week, because that's who they are. Gonzo is running out of chances to get contract leverage. S.D. will have their hands full of him.

3. The chargers are not the best team in the AFC, the ravens are. We beat them once already. No reason it won't happen again.

Dark Horse
12-14-2006, 09:20 AM
I remember a can't miss bet I offered about 10 of my buddies one time as we were gathered to watch a boxing match I offered 50 to 1 odds and took Mike tyson over Buster Douglas. Luckily only one of them was smart enough to take me up on it or I might still be paying it off. :banghead:

King_Chief_Fan
12-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Last night I placed my largest bet of the NFL season.

KANSAS CITY +9 OVER SAN DIEGO

My buddies are laughing at me saying I have lost my mind and dont bet with your heart.......but I am loving that.

The best bets I have ever made in the NFL have been ones that I have been laughed out of the room with.

If something seems too easy in the NFL......go the other way. The unexpected always happens.

I compare betting the NFL to the stock market.....buy low, sell high. If you listen to anyone, including here, they will tell you the Chiefs are done. If you listen to those same people, they will tell you that the Chargers are the new best team in the AFC, and not the Colts.

Looks like I am getting a pretty good price on a team that has one final chance to make a statement this year. They already were playing with their backs against the wall, and now they are playing for Lamar.

I think we win outright this Sunday.

a fool and his money soon parteth.

Chief Nute
12-14-2006, 01:35 PM
a fool and his money soon parteth.

Holy shit! My dad always told me that when he learned of my gambling habit, or my bumbling way of blowing money on crap........

I was expecting him to come in here and post those exact words.......

Are you working together?

leviw
12-14-2006, 01:40 PM
I hope you do it, Roo. That way I can cheer for the Chiefs and against you at the same time. It will be splendid.

King_Chief_Fan
12-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Holy shit! My dad always told me that when he learned of my gambling habit, or my bumbling way of blowing money on crap........

I was expecting him to come in here and post those exact words.......

Are you working together?

I don't know your dad but it would seem that he is a pretty smart man!

alpha_omega
12-14-2006, 01:52 PM
AFC West contests are usually closer than 9...regardless of the opponents.

Chiefs.

Jmart
12-14-2006, 01:54 PM

I would say find another game that looks good on the tease and take it down to 2 1/2 points

sedated
12-14-2006, 01:57 PM
I don't think the Lamar passing will influence the game as much as Hali's sh!t-talking will.

SD is a great team, and we blow elephants on the road.

our strength is the running and short-passing game (considering the weak OLine) and SD strong front 7 will contain that, and pressure TrINT into another awful day.

and we don't have Damon starting this week, which takes away any hope of an upset, IMHO.

KCCHIEFS27
12-14-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm with Chief Nute, I believe our team will pull it out..if not a win, they will definitely be closer than 8 and a half points. Just watch, the Chiefs will put a hurting to the chargers and there Merriman. I can't believe we are the only two with hopes this week.

KC-TBB
12-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Man, if I had bet with my head this season, I would be without food to eat...luckily I am a cheap ass and don't gamble. But who knows man, stranger things have happened...It would be like the Chiefs to win the next couple of games, miss the playoffs but worsen thier draft pick and schedule for next year. :banghead:

Chiefs4fan
12-14-2006, 02:15 PM
We will demolish the Chargers, in honor of Lamar.

Jmart
12-14-2006, 03:19 PM
We will demolish the Chargers, in honor of Lamar.
Larry Johnson could not relate to that white slave driver

Redrum_69
12-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Larry Johnson could not relate to that white slave driver

um wtf?

Jmart
12-14-2006, 03:36 PM
um wtf?
Just mocking LJ's interview on last week's Inside the NFL

Mecca
12-14-2006, 05:19 PM
AFC West contests are usually closer than 9...regardless of the opponents.

Chiefs.

Did you see the Chiefs in San Diego last year........

Calcountry
12-14-2006, 06:15 PM
I don't think the Lamar passing will influence the game as much as Hali's sh!t-talking will.

SD is a great team, and we blow elephants on the road.

our strength is the running and short-passing game (considering the weak OLine) and SD strong front 7 will contain that, and pressure TrINT into another awful day.

and we don't have Damon starting this week, which takes away any hope of an upset, IMHO.Consider, that the Chiefs, and the Chiefs coaches with the passing of Lamar, will be desperate to appease the new owner. San Diego is full of themself right now and ripe for an upset.

Chiefs in a close one.

Then the Chiefs throw snake eyes next week agains the Raiders on my birthday.

Chiefs4fan
12-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Did you see the Chiefs in San Diego last year........
Did you see the Chiefs against the Chargers this year?

Chargers were comlpetely healthy and were getting blown for a half and we were without our starting QB on top of that...

so what it's a freaking road game get it over it! the team should play with a ton of emotion.