PDA

View Full Version : If you were GM, would you trade...

Chiefnj
12-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Larry Johnson for Shawne Merriman? A straight up trade assuming both players make the same amount of money and are under contract for the next 4 years.

Fish
12-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Helllllllll no....

KC-TBB
12-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Nope, LJ's are harder to find then SM's...we just need to build through the draft...

Hootie
12-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Probably...

I love LJ...he's amazing...but I'd say Merriman's are a lot tougher to find than solid RB's...

Shit, we could win games with Michael Bennett in the backfield IMO...

Hootie
12-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Plus, DJ + Merriman would be a sick LB combo for years...

and Merriman will have a much longer career than LJ...not a knock on LJ, but LB's can play until their mid 30's...LJ probably has about 5 solid years left in him...

Fish
12-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Right now, LJ is about 50% of our offense, and about the only consistency we've seen on that side of the ball. Merriman is great, but I don't think 1 LB would give this D what it needs.

LJ is more of a contribution to this team than Merriman would be....

Reerun_KC
12-14-2006, 09:32 AM
LJ probably has about 5 solid years left in him...

IF Herm doesnt pull his head out of his ass orfice, then LJ wont last 3 more years...

Be creative, use Bennett..

Easy 6
12-14-2006, 09:33 AM
:spock: ...... :ZZZ:

jspchief
12-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Maybe if our base D was a 3-4.

But as it stands now, if we brought in Merriman we'd have to revamp the entire D and it would probably neuter guys like Allen and Hali.

I might say a stud defensive player is harder to find than a stud RB. But at this point Merriman could turn out to be Kendrall Bell.

Crush
12-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Um... no.

Hootie
12-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Maybe if our base D was a 3-4.

But as it stands now, if we brought in Merriman we'd have to revamp the entire D and it would probably neuter guys like Allen and Hali.

I might say a stud defensive player is harder to find than a stud RB. But at this point Merriman could turn out to be Kendrall Bell.
I doubt that...

Kendrell Bell was NEVER even close to as dominate as Shawne Merriman.

Not even close...

Plus, Bell was damaged goods when he got over here...

Chiefnj
12-14-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm surprised by the initial poll results (2-7). I thought people would think back to Carl's first year in KC and the drafting of Derrick Thomas and how he was the heart and soul of the team in the early 90's. Personally, I'd take Merriman. Behind a decent line HBs are a dime a dozen.

htismaqe
12-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Merriman is one dirty piss test away from a 16-game suspension.

NO.

StcChief
12-14-2006, 09:58 AM
No WTF are you smoking....

A stud RB vs. DE are you kidding me

Archie Bunker
12-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Merriman is one dirty piss test away from a 16-game suspension.

NO.

Exactly

the Talking Can
12-14-2006, 10:04 AM
RBs are more important than DE

god no, that's idiotic

Dark Horse
12-14-2006, 10:04 AM
how about a package Kendrell Bell and LJ for Merriman and LT

Saulbadguy
12-14-2006, 10:06 AM
If I were GM, i'd stop making shitty vehicles.

Mr. Laz
12-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Nope, LJ's are harder to find then SM's...we just need to build through the draft...
no way are RB's harder to find than quality pass rushers

yea ... i'd probably make the trade.

htismaqe
12-14-2006, 10:12 AM
no way are RB's harder to find than quality pass rushers

yea ... i'd probably make the trade.

No player is valuable if he's sitting at home serving a season-long suspension.

KC-TBB
12-14-2006, 10:27 AM
How about trading Carl Peterson for 2 of the Sandy Eggo Cheerleaders?

KC-TBB
12-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Oooopps I forgot, Marty prob'ly soiled em' already.

chappy
12-14-2006, 10:55 AM
HELL NO

Mr. Laz
12-14-2006, 10:57 AM
No player is valuable if he's sitting at home serving a season-long suspension.
very true ......

if,as a GM, you determined that Merriman is a future roid risk, then you wouldn't make the trade.

htismaqe
12-14-2006, 11:03 AM
very true ......

if,as a GM, you determined that Merriman is a future roid risk, then you wouldn't make the trade.

I think anybody that has a history is a future risk. As a recovered drug addict, I know all to well how hard it is to stay clean once you've tasted sin...

Mr. Laz
12-14-2006, 11:07 AM
I think anybody that has a history is a future risk. As a recovered drug addict, I know all to well how hard it is to stay clean once you've tasted sin...
the feeling of power that athletes get from roids can be addictive ... but it's not coke.

Often an athlete is just trying to cheat for that edge

you'd have to talk to merriman and try to get a feel about it before making a decision.

i think there is a chance that LJ goes "all Terrell Owens" at some point in the future as well.

htismaqe
12-14-2006, 11:09 AM
the feeling of power that athletes get from roids can be addictive ... but it's not coke.

Often an athlete is just trying to cheat for that edge

you'd have to talk to merriman and try to get a feel about it before making a decision.

i think there is a chance that LJ goes "all Terrell Owens" at some point in the future as well.

See, I would think roids would be WORSE than coke. Not only do you have the physically addictive properties, but you'd also have the mental side of it, telling you you can't do your job without it.

And while LJ certainly has some attitude issues, I don't think they translate into him being absent from the field that same way Merriman's do.

Mr. Laz
12-14-2006, 11:14 AM
See, I would think roids would be WORSE than coke. Not only do you have the physically addictive properties, but you'd also have the mental side of it, telling you you can't do your job without it.

And while LJ certainly has some attitude issues, I don't think they translate into him being absent from the field that same way Merriman's do.
you could be very right

judgement call ....... an interview with Merrimen would definitely be a must.

it would also help to be around LJ more and really see what's up.

all this "attitude" by LJ might just be a public issue, he might be totally different away from the spotlight. :shrug: