PDA

View Full Version : Maroney or Fargas?

Hammock Parties
12-17-2006, 09:21 AM
Maroney missed last week and is questionable with a "back" injury. He'd easily be a great play against the Texans if he was healthy...

Fargas is at home facing the St. Louis Rams awful run defense.

Nzoner
12-17-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm scouring the FFL sites hoping to get news of Maroney being deactivated so I can start Dillon.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2006, 09:29 AM
It'd be a tough decision for me, but I'd start Fargas.

STL run defense is almost as bad as the Colts.

12-17-2006, 09:31 AM
FOXBOROUGH -- Rookie running back Laurence Maroney, who was knocked out of the Patriots' win over the Lions Dec. 3 and missed last week's loss to the Dolphins, has been sidelined because of torn rib cartilage, according to a league source.
Article Tools

* PRINTER FRIENDLYPrinter friendly
* E-MAILE-mail to a friend
* RSS FEEDSPatriots RSS feed
* RSS FEEDSAvailable RSS feeds
* MOST E-MAILEDMost e-mailed
* REPRINTS & LICENSINGReprints & Licensing
* Share on Facebook
* Tag with Del.icio.us Save this article
* powered by Del.icio.us

More:

* Sports section |
* Latest sports news |
* Globe front page |
* Boston.com

* Breaking News Alerts

Speaking with Houston reporters last week, coach Bill Belichick indicated Maroney's injury isn't season-ending.

"If it was that, then at this point a player like that we'd probably put him on injured reserve," Belichick said. "I think it's something that he's certainly making good progress. How quickly he'll be able to come back I'm not sure exactly, but he's doing a lot better now than he was a couple of days ago. He's doing a lot better over the weekend than he was in the middle of the week, so he's definitely headed in the right direction."

That's good news for the Patriots, who missed the playmaking ability of Maroney in the 21-0 loss in Miami. Maroney's 812 yards from scrimmage lead the team. He is listed as questionable for today's game, giving him a 50-50 chance of suiting up, and is one of 10 players listed as questionable, a group that includes tight end Benjamin Watson (knee) and nose tackle Vince Wilfork (ankle). All three players were limited in practice in the days leading up to the game.

12-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Take Fargas

Deberg_1990
12-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Anquan Boldin Vs Denver

Mark Clayton VS Cleveland

Lee Evans Vs Miami

Isaac Bruce Vs Oakland

Devery Henderson Vs Washington

Who do i go with??

Hammock Parties
12-17-2006, 09:40 AM
Boldin.

Hootie
12-17-2006, 09:43 AM
I'd go with Devery Henderson, personally...

Nzoner
12-17-2006, 10:23 AM
ESPN's John Clayton reports Laurence Maroney (torn rib cartilage) is unlikely to play Sunday against the Texans.

WTF ever happened to will or won't play,damn coaches and their head games.

Hammock Parties
12-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Maroney is inactive.

StcChief
12-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Fargas. I wouldn't be surprise if Oakland won.

Rams emblod.

DaKCMan AP
12-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Maroney is out!!

Yes, so Dillon will get the bulk of carries :D

KChiefs1
12-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Fargas