PDA

View Full Version : If KC wins in SD...

thepascalblaze
12-17-2006, 05:56 PM
...and even if the Donks hold on to beat the Cards... what has to happen to get KC to the post season?

If Indy beats the Bengals tomoorrow, can we win our last two to get in?

...or do we still need more help?

Winning out is a BIG IF, I know, but If we win tonight... it seems to me that our chances grow considerably considering Indy beating Cincy doesn't seem like pulling for the Lionesses against the Steelers last year.

What else has to happen?

Beating Jax at the end takes them out...

I guess ether the Bengals or the jets have to lose one more?

Or aren't the Jets now with 7 losses?

It seems to me we win tonight, Cincy loses tomorrow, we control our own destiny...

I have at least a few more hours to hold on to this fantasy.

mlyonsd
12-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Monkeys will fly out of my butt.

cdcox
We need to win the rest of our games and we need the Jets to lose one. That's it.

Deberg_1990
IM not even going to worry about this until the end of the game. My gut feeling tells me we will be out of the game by halftime....

cdcox
12-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Or we need to win out and need Cincinnatti to lose two, but that isn't going to happen.

milkman
12-17-2006, 05:58 PM

You must be the Wizard of Ass!

:D

chiefsfan987
12-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Or we need to win out and need Cincinnatti to lose two, but that isn't going to happen.

I think Cincy is going to lose two. In fact, I think they're going to lose their next two @Indy and @ Denver. I just hope we can win all three.

tk13
12-17-2006, 06:02 PM
The middle ground is now gone. Win tonight, we're in great shape I think. Two very winnable games... Oakland is struggling and Jax has not been a good road team at all (see today, Buffalo, Houston, etc). We'd still need the Jets to lose one, or Cincy to lose two... which is possible, they play @ IND, @ DEN, and at home against PIT, who is playing very well again. The way things have been going, Pittsburgh still might be playing for a playoff spot by then.

We lose though, and we are pretty much done.... way too many teams to leap over.

The Broncos mean nothing to us yet, we own them in tiebreakers. We are everything to Denver though. They are definitely rooting for us to lose. If we drop one of these games, the Broncos are more than likely in if they win against Cincy next week. I'm assuming they'll beat San Fran though, that might not be a gimme the way Gore is running.

CupidStunt
12-17-2006, 06:02 PM

If Indy regains form (what legitimate offense couldn't against the Bengals?) and Cutler keeps playing solid, I don't see why not.

As for the playoffs, I'm going to just watch tonight's game and enjoy the good parts to our team, the young guys. If we can pull off the huge upset, I'll spend the time to look into possible scenarios for us to get in.

boogblaster
12-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Win Win Win thats the answer ...

Ugly Duck
12-17-2006, 06:06 PM

Stinky monkeys.

thepascalblaze
12-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah, the Jets are 8-6, I got it.

Conference record w/ the jets

Head to head w/ Bengals

We can't end tied w/ either...

... and we have to win out...

if only I could locate mlyonsd and feed these monkey seeds to 'em, I would feel better about the whole thing...

sedated
12-17-2006, 06:09 PM
need the Jets to lose one.

which sucks beacuse all they have left is @ Miami and Oakland at home.

if nothing more, we gotta keep the donks out.

MichaelH
12-17-2006, 06:10 PM
As much as I'd like for the Chiefs to be in the playoffs after Mr. Hunts passing, they have no business being there. Tonight's game may change my mind but I'm not convinced we're capable of playing a good team on the road. The team would be one and done in the playoffs if they do get lucky.

tk13
12-17-2006, 06:12 PM
which sucks beacuse all they have left is @ Miami and Oakland at home.

if nothing more, we gotta keep the donks out.
I don't think @ Miami is a gimme at all. Miami's been tough at home... as we should know... they dominated New England just last week.

tk13
12-17-2006, 06:14 PM
As much as I'd like for the Chiefs to be in the playoffs after Mr. Hunts passing, they have no business being there. Tonight's game may change my mind but I'm not convinced we're capable of playing a good team on the road. The team would be one and done in the playoffs if they do get lucky.
People always say that... but really, in order to get to the playoffs, we're gonna have to beat the Chargers on the road... so if we get there, we probably deserve to be there.

chiefqueen
12-17-2006, 06:27 PM
If we win tonight, we must win Sat. night, if that happens Miami must beat the Jets Christmas night b/c the Lions aren't beating the Jets in the Meadowlands on New Year's Eve.

sedated
12-17-2006, 06:29 PM
People always say that... but really, in order to get to the playoffs, we're gonna have to beat the Chargers on the road... so if we get there, we probably deserve to be there.

we've won games that have showed we deserve to be in the playoffs: DEN, SD (possibly twice), SEA.

but out of those, all have been at home (@SD still pending)

and we've also proven we have no place in the playoffs: @CLE, @MIA, and the ass-raping @PIT

tk13
12-17-2006, 06:33 PM
we've won games that have showed we deserve to be in the playoffs: DEN, SD (possibly twice), SEA.

and we've also proven we have no place in the playoffs: @CLE, @MIA, and the ass-raping @PIT
Yeah, people don't look at things from the other perspective, it's like well my team had a bad game and no other team has a bad game. Every team in this race has some really bad losses. Jacksonville lost to Houston... twice. The Jets lost in Cleveland just like we did, and got destroyed by Jacksonville, absolutely pounded... and they still might get in the playoffs ahead of them.

DMAC
12-17-2006, 06:34 PM

and we've also proven we have no place in the playoffs: @CLE, @MIA, and the ass-raping @PITSame ol' story.

KurtCobain
12-17-2006, 06:35 PM

Are you selling tickets? This seems like something I'd like to see.

Deberg_1990
12-17-2006, 06:36 PM

Good point.....just win tonight, and all will be forgiven by Chiefs fans....

At least for one more week.....

Chiefs Pantalones
12-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Typical Chiefs fashion would be we win this game, and lose next weekend vs. the Raiders, while the Jets lose their game, thus us throwing away a chance to win and in against the Jags.

BUT THAT WON'T HAPPEN!!! BECAUSE WE ARE WINNING TONIGHT!!! ****ERS!!!

KChiefs1
12-17-2006, 06:52 PM
beat San Diego tonight & I'll actually start to consider the Chiefs playoff possibilities, until then........