PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green Sucks.

Thig Lyfe
12-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Not really kidding.

I don't give a shit how many 4,000 yard seasons he's had. At this present moment, Trent. Green. SUCKS.

Over-Head
12-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Gotta agree with ya on that one :D

Thig Lyfe
12-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Holy poop.

Nice play. Never mind.

Pitt Gorilla
12-17-2006, 07:52 PM
I doubt Huard makes that play in the endzone.

12-17-2006, 07:57 PM
The margin for error is so small(by constantly putting him in obvious passing situations)you can not blame him..

Why dont the Chiefs ever play action pass on 1st down??

Direckshun
12-17-2006, 07:57 PM
I doubt any more than five quarterbacks in the NFL make that play in the endzone.

CASHMAN
12-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Yes he looked really good with that INT was he giving Donnie an early Christmas Gift. Yes the chargers are attacking him quick, they are in the backfield right after the hike BLOCK GUY'S.

CASHMAN.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-17-2006, 08:01 PM
The margin for error is so small(by constantly putting him in obvious passing situations)you can not blame him..

Why dont the Chiefs ever play action pass on 1st down??

Because Mike Solari is our O-coordinator and Herm is our coach.

DaWolf
12-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Guys, football 101. NO QB looks good without pass protection...

CASHMAN
12-17-2006, 08:11 PM

He had it when he threw the INT :hmmm: .

CASHMAN.

DaWolf
12-17-2006, 09:01 PM
The INT was a bad throw.

Frankly I'm very disappointed in the playcalling...

Iowanian
12-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Go head butt a moving semi.

The Offensive line is getting him killed. Green doesn't have time to fart.

Welbourne is absolutely aweful....so bad, its making me partially look Black's s hitty shitty LT play.

Mr. Laz
12-17-2006, 09:07 PM
A Hermty Edwaheimer offense will make alot of QB look like crap ..... seriously.

losing Willie Roaf is no excuse for an offense going from #1 to #17.

Trent was at the helm of this offense when it was powerfull .... when it looked like it was dictating to the defense.

now the offense is on the field and it looks like the defense has 15 players on the field because we looks so pathetic.

it's more than just losing willie roaf .......... we lost our balance.

lose balance, lose effectiveness

38yrsfan
12-17-2006, 09:10 PM
At least Huard produced ......... nothing like job security by philosophy.

noa
12-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Trent hasn't played well, but we also haven't been running the ball well or giving him good pass protection. He's made some bad passes, but I think it would be a different game if LJ was averaging better than 2.7 yards per carry and our OLine could pick up the blitz from the middle.

tk13
12-17-2006, 09:15 PM
I honestly don't think Huard would make that much of a difference. We've seen him against good D on the road (Steelers, Dolphins).... it would help if we could block somebody.

Sure-Oz
12-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Huard would've gotten killed tonight. This oline hasn't done shit for us the last few games. There is a ton of holes, Green tried what he could. It's fair to say that team that was winning was a fluke. This offense has been pussified to the extreme.

Hammock Parties
12-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Joe Montana IN HIS PRIME could not have done any better tonight.

Sure-Oz
12-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Joe Montana IN HIS PRIME could not have done any better tonight.
Huard>Joe Montana in his prime>Trent Green :rolleyes:

No QB in the nfl could do shit behind this line and this castrated offensive attack.

BWillie
12-17-2006, 11:30 PM
I hate to say it but I hope Trent decides to retire. We need to revamp this team, and go in a new direction. I know it won't happen, but play Croyle in the last game of the season to see what he's got. I have no idea how good Croyle is. What I have to go off of is a meaningless Pittsburgh game, and a few hand offs in other games.

Thig Lyfe
12-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Trent Green doesn't suck per se, but I don't think it's too stupid to say that he's certainly not the same quarterback from the last few seasons.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 07:11 AM
after the Miami game...Huard was totally at fault.

After this game, it was the offensive line.

It's a ****ing joke. Huard had this team going to the playoffs, Green has this team looking like the Raiders.

King_Chief_Fan
12-18-2006, 07:40 AM
that only speaks to the sacks Green took.
He had enough time, several times and chose to throw at feet, ground, clouds or any other thing that did not resemble a Chiefs players hands.

There was the one drop by Kennison. Green still looks to scared to play.

MahiMike
12-18-2006, 07:51 AM
Not really kidding.

I don't give a shit how many 4,000 yard seasons he's had. At this present moment, Trent. Green. SUCKS.

2 words - Al Saunders

InChiefsHeaven
12-18-2006, 07:57 AM
He just doesn't look confident or steady at all. He had many throws that were just plain bad, even with time to throw.

I hate this. Trent has been such a warrior for this team, I hate to see him go out like this. But, it may be time for him to go. This team is going defensive, which means more of the same stagnant crap next season.

Trent should get out after this year while he can still eat without a bib. :shake:

boogblaster
12-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Yep no game-day coaching at any level is apparent..plus the Oline sucked all-nite....

BigRedChief
12-18-2006, 08:09 AM
No QB in the nfl could do shit behind this line and this castrated offensive attack. I was in favor of putting Trent back in as starting QB. Huard ain't taking us to the Super Bowl but Trent doesn't look like he can either now.

When he can set his feet and make his reads he's one of the best. But if he doesn't get protection he's one of the worst.

He has happy feet. He can't improvise or move very well. He starts panicking and thats why you see those hurried short trows at the recievers feet. When have you eever seen Trent throw the ball at a recievers feet like he's done since he came back from getting hurt?

Hootie
12-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Correct but this isn't When he can set his feet and make his reads he's one of the best. But if he doesn't get protection he's one of the worst.Trent's game. He has happy feet. He can't improvise or move very well. He starts panicking and thats why you see those hurried short trows at the recievers feet. When have you eever seen Trent throw the ball at a recievers feet like he's done since he came back from getting hurt?
Last year when Roaf was out...until we pulled Tony Gonzalez in to pass protect.

The Buffalo game rings a bell.

But you're right...

Trent needs to buy a 1 way ticket to Washington this offseason. He'd get back to his pro bowl ways with Saunders calling the plays. Talk about a perfect fit.

FringeNC
12-18-2006, 09:00 AM
I was in favor of putting Trent back in as starting QB. Huard ain't taking us to the Super Bowl but Trent doesn't look like he can either now.

When he can set his feet and make his reads he's one of the best. But if he doesn't get protection he's one of the worst.

He has happy feet. He can't improvise or move very well. He starts panicking and thats why you see those hurried short trows at the recievers feet. When have you ever seen Trent throw the ball at a recievers feet like he's done since he came back from getting hurt?

Yep. Trent relies on good mechanics. If he can't get his feet set, he's not very good. But let's be honest about the pass protection: it is one of the worst, if not the worst in the league. The tackles suck, and last night, SD had a great game-plan: blitz up the middle because LJ is half-hearted about pass blocking. So you have two tackles that suck at pass blocking, a RB that sucks at pass-blocking. Throw in an undersized center...

ChiTown
12-18-2006, 09:05 AM
While his arm now resembles a wet rag, at best, any qb (last night) was going to look like shite with our OL. OL/DL should be THE focus going into the off-season. Until that is solved, we'll continue to look like a bunch of dog-fukrs.

ROYC75
12-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Hello , It all starts up front........ Don't you guys recall how we once had a dominate OL.

Show me any QB that can perform well while getting hammered.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 09:12 AM
Hello , It all starts up front........ Don't you guys recall how we once had a dominate OL.

Show me any QB that can perform well while getting hammered.
Damon Huard seemed to do just fine...

But he didn't get hammered because...HE GOT RID OF THE ****ING BALL.

ROYC75
12-18-2006, 09:31 AM

Oh Really ? Pittsburgh, Miami ? Have you ever thought as to why he got rid of the ball early in the other games. ?

Who did he beat ? Lets look at this closely ....... OK .

Denver Lost 6-9 Denver DL sucks.

San Francisco Won 41-0 Just like denver, they were horrible then.

Arizona Won 23-20 AZ wasn't world beaters, we almost beat ourselves.

Pittsburgh Lost 7-45 Oh My, what happened here ?

San Diego Won 30-27 Lest we forget, we got spotted a good lead and had to hang on to win.....

Seattle Won 35-28 Nothing about a stellar D here either.

St. Louis Won 31-17 Again, we got handed alot of gifts in this one.

Miami Lost 10-13 Another speed bump ....... stellar performance.

You are so full of shit you can't see reason that is printed in front of you.

Has Green been the Trent Green we know of in the past ? No, but neither is the OL. Having a different OL coach probally has some of this to blame along with a different OC. A completely different game aproach.Plus we ran the ball more as a team then too.

Crap, if we had had our OL from 2 - 4 years ago you would would have already had Huard in the HOF by now.

FringeNC
12-18-2006, 09:35 AM

You're crazy if you think Damon Huard would have done any better last night. Huard has a weaker arm than Green, and low release point. He would have had a ton of balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage.

You may be right that Green isn't very good when behind a shitty line, but to suggest that Damon f'n Huard is the answer is absurd. If Huard had a strong arm and quick release and quick feet like a Tony Romo, then perhaps I'd agree with you.

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 09:37 AM

He got rid of the ball because they were calling plays that didn't include 7-step drops.

ChiefFripp
12-18-2006, 09:38 AM
well having 400 pound D-linemen running right over the middle seemingly untouched doesn't help. I'd say Casey Weigman sucks!

ROYC75
12-18-2006, 09:42 AM
He got rid of the ball because they were calling plays that didn't include 7-step drops.

Without a doubt, quick passes and alot of runs, more play action. A completely different mind set of play calling by Solari.

When Huard got pressured, he looked horrible, worst than Trent.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 11:06 AM
You're crazy if you think Damon Huard would have done any better last night. Huard has a weaker arm than Green, and low release point. He would have had a ton of balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage.

You may be right that Green isn't very good when behind a shitty line, but to suggest that Damon f'n Huard is the answer is absurd. If Huard had a strong arm and quick release and quick feet like a Tony Romo, then perhaps I'd agree with you.
Green has a stronger arm than Huard?

I laugh in your general direction.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Trent Green: 1-2 vs. Top 10 defenses

Damon Huard: 1-2 vs. Top 10 defenses

Hootie
12-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Trent Green: 1-2 vs. Top 10 defenses

Damon Huard: 1-2 vs. Top 10 defenses

Well...

At least with Huard, we had a chance to win the game in the final drive in those two losses...

Green doesn't even put us in that position.

And Green's one win against a top 10 defense is Oakland, YAAAAY!

Green sucks in this offense. It's that simple.

He throws TOO many INT's, he gets sacked TOO many times, and he makes TOO many poor throws.

If he's in KC next year, I'm going to throw away my Green jersey just like I did with my Holmes jersey after the Philadelphia loss last year.

I'm sick of KC playing the loyalty card and playing players that have better backups.

KC Dan
12-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Well...

At least with Huard, we had a chance to win the game in the final drive in those two losses...

He throws TOO many INT's, he gets sacked TOO many times, and he makes TOO many poor throws.

If he's in KC next year, I'm going to throw away my Green jersey just like I did with my Holmes jersey after the Philadelphia loss last year.

I'm sick of KC playing the loyalty card and playing players that have better backups.
ROFL thanks for the laughs...

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Well...

Do us all a favor, throw out all of your Chiefs stuff and find someone else to root for.

You rag on Trent fans/defenders becuase we're blind loyalists?

But then you play blind when someone tries to hammer through your thick ****ing skull that the OL ISN'T protecting the same as they did when Damon played, Damon DID NOT have to execute a game plan that calls for 7 step drops against all-pro front 7's. Damon beat up on the weak sisters of the poor. And Trent hasn't lost A GAME to one team that I actually expected to beat other than Cleveland. He only threw 4 TD's that game.

Jesus Christ, I'm starting to wish we hadn't won that game in Arizona that we should have lost, just so I wouldn't have had to listen to this dumbassery the entire ****ing season.......

Hootie
12-18-2006, 11:40 AM
LMAO!

That's why I said earlier that Jordan Black worships the devil and doesn't appreciate Trent and his christian lifestyle..

That's the only logical reason I can come up with...

Huard had these SAME lineman.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 11:41 AM
and are we really hanging our hats on Green's one "good" (and I quote) game against CLEVELAND?! (Where he had two turnovers)...

I CAN GO FIND STATS FOR 5 GOOD HUARD GAMES IF YOU WANT ME TO.

NewChief
12-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Jesus Christ, I'm starting to wish we hadn't won that game in Arizona that we should have lost, just so I wouldn't have had to listen to this dumbassery the entire ****ing season.......

Just put him on ignore. I have, and I wouldn't have to be subjected to his idiocy any longer if you all didn't keep quoting him.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 11:44 AM
NewChief can't take the fact his man Trent Green is getting shit on all over the board.

I realized he was no good for us two months ago...now a lot of people are jumping on board...

It's ok though, I forgive all you.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Just put him on ignore. I have, and I wouldn't have to be subjected to his idiocy any longer if you all didn't keep quoting him.

Send me a pm and show me how you did that? I wouldnt mind reading a post without listening to Hooties Man Love for Huard each and ever line.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 11:47 AM
newchief.

I figured it out. Wow his posts dont even show. This is nice...

Thanks for the idea.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 11:48 AM
I welcome anyone to put me on ignore. Doesn't hurt my feelings...I understand I can be annoying.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2006, 11:48 AM
All I want for Chistmas is Damon huard to get a big Free Agent contract with Detroit. And Hootie to follow his ass over to lionsplanet.com

Hootie
12-18-2006, 11:50 AM
All I want for Chistmas is Damon huard to get a big Free Agent contract with Detroit. And Hootie to follow his ass over to lionsplanet.com
I'm not going anywhere...I've been a Chiefs fan since the day I moved to Kansas City (when I was 5)...

shaneo69
12-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Chiefs need to either find four Pro Bowl-caliber offensive lineman this offseason to play next to Waters, or find a franchise QB who can make plays without the benefit of an all-pro line.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Chiefs need to either find four Pro Bowl-caliber offensive lineman this offseason to play next to Waters, or find a franchise QB who can make plays without the benefit of an all-pro line.
or go back to Damon Huard for a season and figure out if he was a fluke, or if he can really win games at a consistent rate like he was doing...

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Good call on the ignore list, NewChief.

Half a thread of dumbassery gone with the click of a mouse......

shaneo69
12-18-2006, 11:59 AM
or go back to Damon Huard for a season and figure out if he was a fluke, or if he can really win games at a consistent rate like he was doing...

Does "Philip Buchanon, CB" mean anything to you?

Hootie
12-18-2006, 12:01 PM
yeah he plays for Tampa Bay...am I missing something?

shaneo69
12-18-2006, 12:03 PM
yeah he plays for Tampa Bay...am I missing something?

Were you a big fan of Buchanon's coming out of college, and did you used to go by the name of "Voyager" on this board?

Because you've got the same endearing qualities that Voyager had.

ChiTown
12-18-2006, 12:05 PM

lol, that's funny..

Hootie
12-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Were you a big fan of Buchanon's coming out of college, and did you used to go by the name of "Voyager" on this board?

Nope. Not me.

I'm sorry that I'm annoyed by the fact, for two straight years, we've played (Priest Holmes last year; Trent Green this year) players that weren't as good as their backups, thus, causing us to miss the playoffs.

ChiTown
12-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Nope. Not me.

I'm sorry that I'm annoyed by the fact, for two straight years, we've played (Priest Holmes last year; Trent Green this year) players that weren't as good as their backups, thus, causing us to miss the playoffs.

Trent Green may have lost what he had, but this is on the OL (or, lack thereof).

NewChief
12-18-2006, 12:11 PM

Interestingly enough, voyager is also one of the few people to actually ever make it onto my ignore list. I think I've added 4 people total out of my time on the Planet to the list.

ROYC75
12-18-2006, 12:12 PM
and are we really hanging our hats on Green's one "good" (and I quote) game against CLEVELAND?! (Where he had two turnovers)...

I CAN GO FIND STATS FOR 5 GOOD HUARD GAMES IF YOU WANT ME TO.

Please do, that will give us at least 10 minutes from your sorryass Huard shit..........

While you are at it, see if Lenny Dawson can come out of retirement, ya know, just like old times ...........

Bob Dole
12-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Nope. Not me.

Then are you chiefsfan1963 and just use this account when you want to blow Huard and the other one when you want to blow Vermeil?

Bob Dole
12-18-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm not going anywhere...I've been a Chiefs fan since the day I moved to Kansas City (when I was 5)...

That's only 5 years then. It's certainly not too late to change teams if Huard leaves.

Frankie
12-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Trent Green Sucks.
This thread Sucks.

Granted Green does not look totally back from his brain injury the problem is not him. It's the non-existant protection.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Interestingly enough, voyager is also one of the few people to actually ever make it onto my ignore list. I think I've added 4 people total out of my time on the Planet to the list.

I think I have made it to one to two peoples ignore list, I have posted some stupid crap without thinking much about what I was typing... So I am sure I deserved it...

Hootie is the only person on my ignore list...

Hootie
12-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Hey, if taking your frustrations out on me will help you vent, by all means, do so...because me bitching about Huard/Green/Herm/Vermeil/Priest Holmes certainly makes me feel a little better about this season.

cdcox
12-18-2006, 12:28 PM

Hootie and Voyager were the same in that they grabbed on to a couple issues and would never let go. For Voyager it was 1. Mock Drafts and 1a. Cornerbacks

Other than that they are completely different. Hootie gets over stimulated easily, like a little dog when the door bell rings. Takes a while for him to calm down again.

Voyager was the opposite. I often thought he was some kind of AI and the developer was using Chiefs Planet as some kind of Turing test. He'd post a mock draft, someone would go into a detailed critique of it and Voyager would reply by posting another mock draft. Rinse and repeat.

38yrsfan
12-18-2006, 12:35 PM
"Gentlemen and Ladies"

Some seem to be offended by opinions and personal analyses that they disagree with and therefore resort to abuse. Come on people, show some class, what would Lamar think? :)

If Hootie thinks Huard would be a better fit, that is his call. All of us have had opinions that weren't in the majority - if not then life must be very boring and staid.

The QB position should be like any other position and not a guaranteed slot - utilize the player that can produce.

The loss was a team loss but Green contibuted more than his share to the demise - Edwards interception and his penchant for throwing at the feet of many receivers (I know it is "foot"ball but we don't have Pele running routes).

Throwing on 4th and 1 was a slap at LJ and the line. Count the bootleg out since game 1, Trent probably will never drift outside again and still wakes up in a cold sweat.

IMHO

El Jefe
12-18-2006, 12:36 PM
ArrowheadWolf thats so funny cause i said the same thing to my dad last night. He was sweet but I think he may have lost it, he threw so many balls in the dirt and balls that should have been picked off, I was expecting to see Damon in there last night we had nothing to lose, I personally would have put him in. I dont care if we havent been mathimatically eliminated, we are done our season is over.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 12:56 PM
ArrowheadWolf thats so funny cause i said the same thing to my dad last night. He was sweet but I think he may have lost it, he threw so many balls in the dirt and balls that should have been picked off, I was expecting to see Damon in there last night we had nothing to lose, I personally would have put him in. I dont care if we havent been mathimatically eliminated, we are done our season is over.
Yeah right...

Herm putting Huard in would've been like him admitting he ruined KC's playoff chances by going to Green in the first place.

Herm doesn't have the balls to make a move like that...just like he didn't have the balls to keep Huard in all along.

And as for the other post, yeah...

People here only know me as the guy who "man crushes" on Huard. Well, I'm sorry that I really had high hopes for this team. Huard was on a roll, and within the matter of one month, the Green lead Chiefs have pretty much folded.

As for everyone ignoring me...it's only because they thought they were so incredibly knowledgeable about our QB situation, and they figured we'd be sooooo much better when Green got back...that, now that they've realized it was right it PAINS them to see me post about it...because they can't believe someone who knows so 'little' about football seems to be right almost every time.

I know, CRAZY world.

Thig Lyfe
12-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Trent Green doesn't suck per se, but I don't think it's too stupid to say that he's certainly not the same quarterback from the last few seasons.

I would like to re-iterate this point.

I don't think Huard would be much better, but Trent is a shell of his former self.

cdcox
12-18-2006, 01:20 PM
I would like to re-iterate this point.

I don't think Huard would be much better, but Trent is a shell of his former self.

Was that true in the Cleveland game when he had good protection or only in the Baltimore and San Diego games where there was pressure all day?

Maybe the problem is that the OL is a shell of its former self.

Rausch
12-18-2006, 01:23 PM

Definitely, and we'll have to go into this offseason wondering if Shields is going to call it a career.

cdcox
12-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Definitely, and we'll have to go into this offseason wondering if Shields is going to call it a career.

I think we assume he does, and if he comes back, so much the better. I really think he hangs them up this year.

NewChief
12-18-2006, 01:26 PM

Rumor is that Casey may retire as well. He's a little more replaceable, but it just adds to our woes.

Thig Lyfe
12-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Was that true in the Cleveland game when he had good protection or only in the Baltimore and San Diego games where there was pressure all day?

That's a big part of it too, but I think pre-concussion Trent would have managed himself better in the Baltimore + San Diego games, even with this year's O-line.

DaWolf
12-18-2006, 02:58 PM
That's a big part of it too, but I think pre-concussion Trent would have managed himself better in the Baltimore + San Diego games, even with this year's O-line.

I dunno, guys like Trent and Huard are pocket passers, and the offense is designed around going through progressions. When you don't get time, such as this week or in the Dolphin game (which, BTW, I think the Dolphin game is when the book on how to beat our offense this year was written) it won't look pretty. We even saw that last year in, say, the Buffalo game for example. Either we improve the pass blocking or we have to find a mobile QB who can get outside the pocket. Because it has just been collapsing, and no pocket passer can do well in that scenario...

Chief Henry
12-18-2006, 03:36 PM
"Gentlemen and Ladies"

Some seem to be offended by opinions and personal analyses that they disagree with and therefore resort to abuse. Come on people, show some class, what would Lamar think? :)

If Hootie thinks Huard would be a better fit, that is his call. All of us have had opinions that weren't in the majority - if not then life must be very boring and staid.

The QB position should be like any other position and not a guaranteed slot - utilize the player that can produce.

The loss was a team loss but Green contibuted more than his share to the demise - Edwards interception and his penchant for throwing at the feet of many receivers (I know it is "foot"ball but we don't have Pele running routes).

Throwing on 4th and 1 was a slap at LJ and the line. Count the bootleg out since game 1, Trent probably will never drift outside again and still wakes up in a cold sweat.

IMHO

REP

Calcountry
12-18-2006, 04:39 PM
I hate to say it but I hope Trent decides to retire. We need to revamp this team, and go in a new direction. I know it won't happen, but play Croyle in the last game of the season to see what he's got. I have no idea how good Croyle is. What I have to go off of is a meaningless Pittsburgh game, and a few hand offs in other games.Let Trent earn is last few paychecks with us. I would be very surprised if he returns.

Calcountry
12-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Hey, if taking your frustrations out on me will help you vent, by all means, do so...because me bitching about Huard/Green/Herm/Vermeil/Priest Holmes certainly makes me feel a little better about this season.It would make me feel real good about this season if the Saints win it all.

cgchief
12-18-2006, 04:45 PM

Amen....