PDA

View Full Version : The Kansas City Chiefs: Performance in the game after an emotional death

RealSNR
12-17-2006, 10:23 PM
After the Derrick Thomas death in January, we lost to the Colts at home at the beginning of the 1999 season. There was a large ceremony with a majority of Derrick's teammates and coaches still on the team during that game.

The game after the death of Hank Stram in July, we trounced the Jets at home.

Trent Green's dad dies. We lose to the Chargers at San Diego. Despite Green being a total warrior and playing in that game, emotionally, nothing comes from the defense or just the team in general.

Lamar Hunt, the biggest Chief EVER dies. We poop our pants. We find not only no emotion in the game due to Lamar's death, but no emotion in the fact that our backs are against the walls for the playoffs.

The moral of the story?

If you are or were a centerpiece of the Chiefs, don't die if you want them to win.

This team is gutless. I'm sorry these assholes couldn't find the balls to play today, Mr. Hunt.

ChiefsFire
12-17-2006, 10:26 PM
pussys plan and simple ya gotta strapem on and go out there just like everyother team on a given Sunday....theres no desire in this team...heads need to roll..some of these guys need to be told "hey show me something special or pack ur shit and hit the bricks"

thedude
12-17-2006, 10:38 PM
This team is gutless. I'm sorry these assholes couldn't find the balls to play today, Mr. Hunt.

Whats gutless is this thread. Get that kind of shiteating attitude out of here. These are the kind of threads that piss me off to no end. We played a tough game against a superior team. We battled, but we didn't catch some breaks and couldn't get the job done. I'm sure you'll be happy to know that the chargers are desperate to flesh out their numbers and are taking all bandwagoners right now.

ping2000
12-17-2006, 10:42 PM
This team lacks TALENT and BRAINS. Even if you get jacked up to play hard, you will lose if your players SUCK and make STUPID plays. Also, if your coaching staff is CONSERVATIVE and UNCREATIVE and your GM is a JACKASS and unable to aquire smart talented players you will LOSE.

InChiefsHeaven
12-17-2006, 10:46 PM
The Chargers are a much better team. Big fuggin surprise. I don't give a shit who has passed away, we are not a good enough football team to take care of business this season. See Clevland and Miami.

RealSNR
12-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Whats gutless is this thread. Get that kind of shiteating attitude out of here. These are the kind of threads that piss me off to no end. We played a tough game against a superior team. We battled, but we didn't catch some breaks and couldn't get the job done. I'm sure you'll be happy to know that the chargers are desperate to flesh out their numbers and are taking all bandwagoners right now.You're a douchebag. You can't possibly tell me that you're satisfied with the way the Chiefs play right now. They could have won this game. If you told me Philip Rivers would throw for under 100 yards and 2 picks, I would have said "hot damn, the Chiefs have this in the bag." Only to have LT thrash us. Why did we choose this game? We've kept LT in check many times before, why couldn't we do it this game? Why couldn't these players dig down deep and go the extra mile and not be so bone-headed?

Herm wants a tough team. The 2006 Chiefs are not a tough team. A tough team would have banded together and got the job done and they would have done it for a great man like Lamar Hunt. Alas, that's not the case.

Call me a fairweather fan all you want you airbag, but I've been a fan of this team for too long to see a good team shit their pants at the end of the season this badly. Three straight losses after having a commanding control of their own playoff destiny. Some team.

Have fun cheering these assholes on for the last two games. I don't give a rat's ass until next season. Bite me.