PDA

View Full Version : None of this is on Herm

Hammock Parties
12-17-2006, 10:37 PM
We can't block for shit. Derrick Ross is a dumbass. And **** Greg Wesley.

Chan93lx50
12-17-2006, 10:38 PM
What? We block punts just fine!

The Bad Guy
12-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Trent Green also isn't shit without supreme protection. His deficiencies have been masked by a stellar O-line.

I'm really just ready to start from scratch. Get rid of Green, Kennison, Wesley, Bell. Let Shields retire. Move Welbourn to guard and start Chris Terry next year and look into getting a young OT in the draft.

This team, must, must get someone worth a shit at WR if they want to open up anything, especially on the road.

Bob Dole
12-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Actually, while it's not all on Herm, he made some questionable decisions again today.

In all honesty, Bob Dole didn't expect us to win.

Mecca
12-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Trent Green also isn't shit without supreme protection. His deficiencies have been masked by a stellar O-line.

I'm really just ready to start from scratch. Get rid of Green, Kennison, Wesley, Bell. Let Shields retire. Move Welbourn to guard and start Chris Terry next year and look into getting a young OT in the draft.

This team, must, must get someone worth a shit at WR if they want to open up anything, especially on the road.

There are alot of people here that don't want to rebuild......and of course Carl doesn't either so um...next year will probably look alot like this one.

TrickyNicky
12-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I like your plan but why get rid of Kennison? He's a solid possession WR, just not a #1.

Hootie
12-17-2006, 10:43 PM
I suppose none of it's on Trent Green, either?

Huard had the same people blocking for him against this same team a month ago...and we scored 31 points.

The problem is the QB, it's that simple.

Anyone who thinks different is simply blinded by the name, Trent Green.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2006, 10:44 PM

yep for a rare moment we agree....

If we are going to start from scratch, while your at it, get a coach, new coordinators and truely start from scratch.

Hammock Parties
Huard had the same people blocking for him against this same team a month ago...and we scored 31 points.

Jesus Christ, dude. Huard's protection was much, much better in the first meeting. There's no comparison. None whatsoever.

dirk digler
We play to kick FG's..

Redcoats58
12-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Yeah don't blame any of this on the guy that couldn't gameplan a pee-wee football team. The guy doesn't know how to find the strengths of his team he just knows how to be good 'ole conservative Herm. This team is one of the worst Chiefs teams I've seen in years. Some games there is defense and no offense, some games there is offense and no defense and some games they all suck.

This team sucked in all 3 phases of the game tonight. When LT gashes your D for as much as he did, your team sucks. When your speacial teams gives up huge yards on returns, your team sucks. And when your offense can't score a touchdown in the redzone against one of the worst redzone defenses in the league, your team sucks.

But yeah the head coach of this suck ass football team gets no blame!

Reerun_KC
12-17-2006, 10:46 PM

Not one person said it wasnt Trents fault either.

I dont see how you can type with huards cock in your mouth...

give it a rest. Game is over and Huard still is on the bench... Always has been always will be...

elvomito
mindset.
i saw two 4th downs that we needed to go for

headsnap

please confine your dumbassery to one thread, or I will have Zach revoke your posting privilages.

Mecca
I like your plan but why get rid of Kennison? He's a solid possession WR, just not a #1.

Possesion WR's actually catch the ball......hence why they are called that.

Hootie
Jesus Christ, dude. Huard's protection was much, much better in the first meeting. There's no comparison. None whatsoever.
ROFL

Keep pardoning Trent Green.

Seriously.

He's the problem.

The #1 problem. If you can't see that, you're blind. It's THAT simple.

Hammock Parties
12-17-2006, 10:47 PM
We win the game if Derrick Ross doesn't **** up. It's as simple as that.

Hootie
12-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Possesion WR's actually catch the ball......hence why they are called that.
outside of the drop at the end of the game, Kennison has been solid all year long. He's a good #2. I overrated him at the beginning of the year, I can admit that.

Imon Yourside
12-17-2006, 10:48 PM
There are alot of people here that don't want to rebuild......and of course Carl doesn't either so um...next year will probably look alot like this one.

I'm well past ready to rebuild, but I don't want Carl doing it. We need a real GM, let Carl be just the president/CEO and hire a gm.

Mecca

Yea Derrick Ross allowed that 85 yard run........yea he ****ed up but it's no excuse to get raped on the next play.

Hootie
**** that.

Blame the dude for acting on instinct...you see a ball bouncing by your head, you try and make a play...

It's his fault the defense couldn't let that go and gave up an 85 yard TD run on the next play?!

Right.

Sure, big momentum swing...but it's bullshit to put it on Derrick friggin' Ross.

You're an idiot.

Easy 6
12-17-2006, 10:49 PM
I dont think tonight is on Herm either, i think the O line really looked old at times. We were basically dominated up front tonight & a few other times this year.

Guys didnt used to come up the middle willy-nilly like this in the past & losing Willie cant explain it all away either IMO.

Other than the long run, i thought the D played well tonight, we had Livers blowin' a gasket.

No QB is going to look good with people in his face pretty much EVERY play, the line didnt block worth a damn tonight, i am officially concerned about them now.

I am onboard the new WR's bandwagon, they had our guys smothered on the few occassions Trent actually had time to throw. It is time for a true #1. I would like to see EK back next year though as a 2 or 3, i think he still has some production in him.

noa

Huard would have lost this game, too. If we're willing to grant you some fantasizing about Huard's greatness, maybe he eludes two more sacks than Green did and maybe he completes 3 or 4 more passes. But to think that Huard would have won this game is taking your fantasy way too far.

Mecca
outside of the drop at the end of the game, Kennison has been solid all year long. He's a good #2. I overrated him at the beginning of the year, I can admit that.

If he wants a new contract you let him walk......you don't pay aging WR's especially when you aren't close to winning anything, it would just be wasted money.

Reerun_KC
Yea Derrick Ross allowed that 85 yard run........yea he ****ed up but it's no excuse to get raped on the next play.

That was just a perfectly excuted play by SD... LT was untouched and outran everyone...

Not much you could do, when it works it works.....

Hammock Parties
12-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Sure, big momentum swing...but it's bullshit to put it on Derrick friggin' Ross.

You're an idiot.

Screw you. I didn't say he was the only one at fault.

All I said was we win the game if he doesn't **** that up. That to me was like Surtain's dropped INT last year in Dallas.

Anyway...**** it. We're all a bunch of Charlie ****ing Browns. ****.

jrowe
12-17-2006, 10:53 PM
It's not on Herm. We all knew what he was when he was hired. Why expect him to be any different than he was when with the Jets? Can a leopard change its spots? Herm is what he is. A bad coach. Blame CP. He hired him.

Mecca
12-17-2006, 10:53 PM
I don't buy that 1 play in the first half is why we lost.....we lost because frankly we aren't a very good team in nearly any aspect of the game.

dirk digler
12-17-2006, 10:58 PM
I blame this totally on Herm. He ****ed with the only part of this team that was any good.

milkman
12-17-2006, 10:59 PM
I don't buy that 1 play in the first half is why we lost.....we lost because frankly we aren't a very good team in nearly any aspect of the game.

Exactly.

The Bad Guy
12-17-2006, 11:02 PM
I blame this totally on Herm. He ****ed with the only part of this team that was any good.

Herm didn't tell Willie Roaf to retire.

dirk digler
12-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Herm didn't tell Willie Roaf to retire.

Roaf missed 6-8 games last year and we kept on playing great on O. No excuse.

banyon
12-17-2006, 11:05 PM

Just curious, whose fault is it we can't block?

Solari, Carl, Herm, Black, Welbourne, LJ?

Hammock Parties
12-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Just curious, whose fault is it we can't block?

Uh, how about the ****ers that can't block?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Herman Edwards is a terrible football coach with horrendous luck. That's an awful combination for any team to have.

banyon
12-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Uh, how about the ****ers that can't block?

So Carl, then?

Because he went into the season and said "We're going to try to win games with some f***ers who can't block?"

elvomito
12-17-2006, 11:14 PM
We can't block for shit. Derrick Ross is a dumbass. And **** Greg Wesley.knight slipped on that next TD play. i'm thinkin these older guys have pumped iron for so long, they are extremely top-heavy. is there a legal limit on the size of cleats you can use? i'll personally buy him, law, and bell some 2" extensions

Knight also had no tackles. kick rocks you punk beeezy

SD succeeded everytime they ran to bell's side, including the long ass td run. lets put him in a DT and see what happens.

trent got shook up early on, and was jumpy after that. can;t blame him, he's old and fragile. he needs protection

1996/1997 is our last back to back winning season? say it aint so, jack

Hammock Parties
12-17-2006, 11:15 PM
So Carl, then?

Because he went into the season and said "We're going to try to win games with some f***ers who can't block?"

You want to blame Carl go right ahead. I won't stop you.

Chiefnj
12-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Herm sucks.

Jet fans are still marvelling that they got a 4th round pick for him.

banyon
12-17-2006, 11:19 PM
You want to blame Carl go right ahead. I won't stop you.

I didn't ask who I blame. I'm in a unique position to already know that.

I asked who you blamed.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Trent Green: 1-2 against Top 10 defenses.

Damon Huard: 1-2 against Top 10 defenses.

tk13
12-17-2006, 11:26 PM
I will say one thing, Gun had one of his better blitzing days since coming back. A lot of his blitzes actually worked.

elvomito
12-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Herm sucks.

Jet fans are still marvelling that they got a 4th round pick for him.
herm may suck at a lot of things... but if he had a better supporting cast of executives/coaches above and below him, the team would succeed.

CP needs to understand how to use the tool(herm). give him less responsibility so he can concentrate on the things he is good at. get him better people dammit.

LanceHunter
12-17-2006, 11:43 PM
We musn't second guess a football genius like Herm , the absolute brilliance of calling a timeout as the 1st half was ending , on the chance that the Chargers might fumble on a kneel down lmmfao .

Chiefnj
12-17-2006, 11:45 PM
herm may suck at a lot of things... but if he had a better supporting cast of executives/coaches above and below him, the team would succeed.

Herm is an idiot. Part of being a good coach is naming good coordinators to work under you. Herm has picked Hackett, Raye, Solari and Gunther Cunningham. That's the mark of an idiot, with a capital I.

LanceHunter
12-17-2006, 11:51 PM
True Herm may indeed be an idiot , but mostly , he's good at gettin Mr. Peterson's coffee , and detailing his limo lol.

kcxiv
12-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Herm is doing fine.

Last year, we were without roaf for 6 games this year allof them. Also, the Lineman are a year older and a year slower and it shows.

We have alot of needs right now. QB, WR, DL and OLine. We are going to be Mediocre next year as well. i hope people are ready for it. Next year will nto be the year regardless of who coaches or who coordinates. We play in the Toughest Division. So dont expect a good season next year.

elvomito
12-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Herm is an idiot. Part of being a good coach is naming good coordinators to work under you. Herm has picked Hackett, Raye, Solari and Gunther Cunningham. That's the mark of an idiot, with a capital I.i don't know offhand and don't feel like researching it... but its ****ed that the chiefs and jets have shared so many of the same ****in frontoffice pricklickers. i think herm is submitting to whoever is above him because he's been groomed that way. the same dipshit execs at the jets are from the same camp that did the same shit here, its one big family of good ol bois.
CP, in an effort to win a battle of price vs return, thought it would be good to keep solari. he thought he could get 90% of the value of al saunders and only spend 50%(or whatever) of the price. thats fine for a cfo to think like that. but this isn't a standard business. herm needs an arrogant bold offensive coordinator who he can delegate everything on the o-side to.
its so plain to see that their tagline "we aren't changin anything on the O" is a hiorrible ****o. they will adjust in the offseason. i can't bring myself to beleive that they are idiot enough to continue in their ways. but i am likely wrong. the blind have been leading the blind for 26 years, and we've landed in a ditch over and over

the only hope we have is clark hunt. please hire some people that play madden.

TN_Chief
12-18-2006, 06:12 AM
"None of this is on Herm". Are you ****ing high? What exactly do you think a coach does? It's his job to make sure, via practice and motivation, that guys play technically sound football at their peak.

He's not getting that done. Herm is about as qualified to be an NFL head coach as I am.

OldTownChief
12-18-2006, 06:42 AM
we lost because frankly we aren't a very good team in nearly any aspect of the game.

Totally agree with this. This team has so many issues it's embarrassing. The Cleveland game should have woke everyone up. No way this **** gets un-****ed in the near future.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 06:49 AM
I will say one thing, Gun had one of his better blitzing days since coming back. A lot of his blitzes actually worked.
game definitely wasn't on the D...

Gave up three big plays but that's expected when you sell out and finally blitz...

Marty is a good football coach, and that team is a good football team, but we surely could've beaten them.

Chief Henry
12-18-2006, 07:11 AM
We need HELP in EVERY position. We are so far from contending for a Superbowl Championship its pathetic. Dammit Carl.

PinkFloyd
12-18-2006, 09:31 AM

I was going to say that -- but the bashers would have kicked in on here...

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 09:39 AM
"None of this is on Herm". Are you ****ing high? What exactly do you think a coach does? It's his job to make sure, via practice and motivation, that guys play technically sound football at their peak.

He's not getting that done. Herm is about as qualified to be an NFL head coach as I am.

You should have stopped after the first paragraph. You had a pretty solid point up to the point where you decided to type one of the single dumbest passages in Chiefsplanet history.

FringeNC
12-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Perhaps not much of last night was on Herm. What is on Herm is where the **** was that defense all year? Completely different scheme last night. Had we done that against Cleveland....

Doesn't really matter. The offense is a shell of its former self. Even if we made the playoffs, it'd be a first-round loss. This team has fallen so far from last year's team.

chiefsfan1963
12-18-2006, 09:48 AM
Herm is doing fine.

Last year, we were without roaf for 6 games this year allof them. Also, the Lineman are a year older and a year slower and it shows.

We have alot of needs right now. QB, WR, DL and OLine. We are going to be Mediocre next year as well. i hope people are ready for it. Next year will nto be the year regardless of who coaches or who coordinates. We play in the Toughest Division. So dont expect a good season next year.

Weren't we 10-6 last year?

Bob Dole
12-18-2006, 09:56 AM
On the season, we're winning the TOP battle (by 6 seconds).

Herm should be proud.

The Bad Guy
12-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Weren't we 10-6 last year?

Do we get a shiny silver dollar for going 10-6?

Did that translate into the playoffs? Super Bowl?

You like to hang your hat on Vermeil's last year record a lot.

How many playoff wins did the savior have for us?

Bob Dole
12-18-2006, 10:51 AM

http://i10.tinypic.com/33lz1xj.jpg

FAX
12-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Herm is not doing "fine". Far f*cking from it.

Herm is doing "fine" like black is to day, or night is to Madonna's corsett collection. He has taken us from a respectable offense to a joke. His "improvements" to the defense are to only allow 3 or 4 fifty yard plays for touchdowns each game. He is a toolman's tool.

FAX

Hootie
12-18-2006, 11:15 AM

Is the league geared more towards offense, or defense?

I'd say offense.

And because of that, I miss Vermeil.

Our defense was fixable. Gunther wasn't the solution. Herm has done a good job with our defense...

But in the process...he's completely ruined our offense.

Don't give me the Roaf bullshit, either...we should still be scoring 22 PPG.

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Is the league geared more towards offense, or defense?

I'd say offense.

And because of that, I miss Vermeil.

Our defense was fixable. Gunther wasn't the solution. Herm has done a good job with our defense...

But in the process...he's completely ruined our offense.

Don't give me the Roaf bullshit, either...we should still be scoring 22 PPG.

If the defense was so fixable, why didn't DV do it? He had 5 years.

Mr. Laz
12-18-2006, 11:20 AM
None of this is on Herm.
that's just silly ........ It's ALL on Herm and Carl

who decided to keep all these players that can't tackle etc?

who's job is it to get these players prepared for fake punts etc?

who decided to run this predictable offense that makes everyone worse?

who decided to run the umbrella/cover 2 when we don't have the safeties or defense line to do it?

fuggin insane ....... it's all on Herm and Carl, every single bit.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 11:20 AM
If the defense was so fixable, why didn't DV do it? He had 5 years.
I understand.

He TOTALLY failed in that regard.

But now we have the same exact problem...only with our offense instead of our defense.

Do you really have faith in Herm to fix this offense?!

I sure don't. At least with Vermeil, we knew we were going to excell on one side of the ball...we have no ****ing idea what team is going to play for us now. The shitty Chiefs, the REALLY shitty Chiefs, or the OMG is this really a pro football team Chiefs.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 11:21 AM
and not that it matters, htismaqe, but we were a super bowl caliber team last year, probably the best team in the NFL on paper, and we choked it all away against Dallas...

And I truly believe that. I don't think we would've won the Super Bowl EVEN if we made the playoffs, but we were a Roaf injury and an LJ from day 1 away from being a 13 game winner.

CoMoChief
12-18-2006, 11:29 AM
I was also wondering why we were running the ball with under 4min to go in the game when we were down by more than 2 scores.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 11:33 AM
I was also wondering why we were running the ball with under 4min to go in the game when we were down by more than 2 scores.
what were we going to do!? Pass the ball and watch Trent Green underthrow a few more receivers?!

Iowanian
12-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Hootie's hypothesis on Offenses being the dominating factor in the league, and fellatio of all things Vermeil are obviously backed up by INDY's 5 straight superbowl W's.

This is alot on Herm. He hired and kept coordinators, he is in charge of preparing and coaching the team. Carl is on the hook for keeping turds like Hicks and Co. Herm is the one who along with Solari is nuking the offense.

Herm's back should be sore today, because he's shouldering alot of blame from me. don't worry, there is plenty for the other quitters too.

FAX
12-18-2006, 11:34 AM

Herm's thought process probably was, "The game is on the line. We have to get our 'best player' the ball. 'Cause last time I checked, when the game is on the line, you have to get our 'best player' the ball. Wait a minute, our 'best player' can't catch the ball. Oh, and our 'best player' can't pass block or pick up a blitz. Okay, let's run it."

FAX

CoMoChief
12-18-2006, 11:45 AM
what were we going to do!? Pass the ball and watch Trent Green underthrow a few more receivers?!

Well if youre trying to come back in game when theres lack of time on the clock, you dont generally run the ball to milk the clock. At least an imcompletion would have stopped the clock.

SmithClockHerm
12-18-2006, 11:47 AM
This just in: THe Chiefs ran the ball on first down again.

Yea, but this is not on Herm. Some of you still haven't seen the light I guess.

MontanaAllen
12-18-2006, 12:07 PM
that's just silly ........ It's ALL on Herm and Carl

who decided to keep all these players that can't tackle etc?

who's job is it to get these players prepared for fake punts etc?

who decided to run this predictable offense that makes everyone worse?

who decided to run the umbrella/cover 2 when we don't have the safeties or defense line to do it?

fuggin insane ....... it's all on Herm and Carl, every single bit.

but the amazing thing is.. and you watch - this offseason, herm will shoulder NONE of the blame.

maybe a coordinator will be thrown under the bus.. maybe an assistant or two. perhaps a few players. but not good old herm. he's untouchable.

58-4ever
12-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Each guy on both of our return units consistently got pushed 5 yards back. This team is soft.

FringeNC
12-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Who'd have thought at the beginning of the season the Jets would make the playoffs and we wouldn't?

Herm has not been a total disaster as coach, I just don't think he brings anything to the table. He's the CEO/motivator/disciplinarian. That's it.

I don't think he's helped Gun on defense at all; Tamba Hali has...and frankly, the defense hasn't been run properly if last night was any indication. We looked quite good against one of the best offenses in football playing a totally different scheme than we had played all year. Where's that D been the rest of the time?

On offense, how much of it can be blamed on Herm, I don't know. I ****ing cringe though when Herm talks about Vermeil's O putting the D in a bind. We ran so many more offense plays and had so much more TOP under Vermeil. It's Herm's offense that puts us in a bind, but then again, I don't fully blame him for the downfall. There was something special with the trio of Vermeil/Saunders/Solari running the offense -- that much was obvious. Two of the three are gone, and we are no longer greater than the sum of our parts on offense. That trio working together with Trent Green was something special. It's gone -- for good.

Vermeil should have never been let go. He would have stayed on another year or two, and Saunders probably with him. I'd much have rather let Vermeil ride out the last few years of the offense, and bring in a new D coordinator, rather than the reverse.

It's not so much that "Herm sucks". It's more like Vermeil/Saunders/Solari were something special that added true value to the team. Carl didn't like Vermeil hogging the spotlight, so he let him go.

SmithClockHerm
12-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Herm and Vermeil shouldnt be mentioned in the same paragraph let alone the same sentence. Herm is a know-nothing phony. He's never built anything, any success he's had is off the left overs from the men before him. Vermeil built a championship team in St. Louis, one of the most prolific offenses we've ever seen. All Herm does is run on first down and mishandle the clock.

Coach
12-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Please, that's the 3rd game that Herm failed to get the team prepared, especially when the playoffs were on the line. It's the same shit that occured under Vermeil.

Throughout his tenure, the Jets underachieved, due to (amongst other things) Edwards' conservative philosophy, undemanding training camps and practices, poor clock management, and lack of player accountability.

Also, I'd like to say that with the exception of the 2004 season with the New York Jets, no team coached by Edwards has had a winning record after 6 games played.