PDA

View Full Version : Croyle

KurtCobain
12-18-2006, 12:08 AM
So can we please put him in damnit? Who agrees the best move is getting a young guy out there who can move, and getting him ready for next year. Pollard and Page should start too IMO. The season is done and we have so many young guys full of potential.

I don't know, I just think tonight should be Trent's last game as a starter. It's over, it's been nice, it's time for a change.

RedDread
12-18-2006, 12:10 AM
I agree that croyle should see some playing time but doesn't Green still have more time on his contract?

KurtCobain
12-18-2006, 12:12 AM
I agree that croyle should see some playing time but doesn't Green still have more time on his contract?

He can either retire or play QB coach on the sidelines next year.

TrickyNicky
12-18-2006, 12:12 AM
If Trent isn't at QB, it will be Huard and a few over-payed elder FA signings this offseason to try to duct tape the holes in our team. We'll be mediocre, again. Carl Peterson doesn't rebuild, he reloads...with blanks.

Rain Man
12-18-2006, 12:13 AM
Yep. Get Croyle some training.

tk13
12-18-2006, 12:14 AM
If you think we're conservative now, I don't want to imagine what kind of offensive gameplan we'd put in with Croyle at QB. We might run the ball 59 times.

KurtCobain
12-18-2006, 12:22 AM
If you think we're conservative now, I don't want to imagine what kind of offensive gameplan we'd put in with Croyle at QB. We might run the ball 59 times.

And that's why this team sucks. It's time to clean house. Goodbye Carl, goodbye entire coaching staff. But it's not gonna happen so I should just shut up.

luv
12-18-2006, 12:27 AM
What are our chances of making the playoffs? Why not get the youngster in there to get him some more play time? It may mean even more conservative playing (if that's possible), but if we are out of the running, what have we got to lose?

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 12:32 AM
I posted this in another thread. But i think posting it applys here to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBj8J9qkh6U&NR

Croyle is the future QB of this team. Better to get him acclimated with the NFL sooner rather then later. And herm should tell croyle he is to be the starter next season so he will have an entire offseason to prepare for the 07 season.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2006, 02:02 AM
Please god, not behind this line.

luv
12-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Please god, not behind this line.
How different will the line be next year?

jspchief
12-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Unless he has indicated he's going to retire, or the team has decided to bench him for Croyle next year anyway, nothing good can come from playing Croyle this year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2006, 02:14 AM
How different will the line be next year?

It could conceivably be better. If Black or Wellbourne take Shields' spot, we really wouldn't lose anything. It could actually be an improvement. We need to invest a 1st or 2nd rounder in a LT, though. If we do that, and Terry comes along, then we'd actually have a pretty solid line.

(although I wouldn't mind replacing Wiegmann, either).

BWillie
12-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Might as well sit Trent down and ask him what his future intentions are. If he is stern and coming back and playing a few more years that is one thing, but if he's even on the fence. Convince him to let go, and put Croyle in. Having Green the next couple of years would be a bad thing for the Chiefs even if he played better than Croyle or a NEW QB would. You have to start somewhere. Our offense needs a revamp, but the coaching philosphy sure isn't helping.

kcxiv
12-18-2006, 02:28 AM
Unless he has indicated he's going to retire, or the team has decided to bench him for Croyle next year anyway, nothing good can come from playing Croyle this year.
Sure there is, experience! The guy out in Tampa was forced to play and he is a 6th rounder, and he's playing pretty damn well for a 6th rounder.

Croyle playing now will help alot. Trent needs to retire. today he was reacting slow, making poor choices and throwing short. He will be 37 years old. You simplly dont win with QB's at that age.

tk13
12-18-2006, 02:48 AM
Actually Gradkowski got benched today for Tim Rattay, who led Tampa back from a 21 point deficit to almost beat the Bears. I'd guess Rattay has stolen that starting job.

macdawg
12-18-2006, 02:53 AM
"Trent needs to retire. today he was reacting slow, making poor choices and throwing short. He will be 37 years old. You simplly dont win with QB's at that age."

100% correct

Taco John
12-18-2006, 02:58 AM
Why would you put Croyle in? Isn't Huard next in line? I wouldn't think Croyle would be making an entrance until 2008 at the earliest. Especially if Trent is coming back next year.

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 04:59 AM
trent isnt the same trent he was last year. Hes lost a few noticeable steps. Huard will be let go this offseason. Why not get a rookie to play in the final two games of a season that wont see the chiefs in the playoffs? We need to acclimate him to the NFL now. These last two games would be perfect. He would more then likely play like shit. But it would be a good learning experience for him. It would be nice to have that 08 time table to fall back on for croyle to make his first NFL start. But we dont have that luxury. Herm needs to tell this guy that its his job for the remainder of the season and tell him that he needs to learn everything he can from these two games because next year hes getting the keys to the chiefs offense. That way he can prepare this entire offseason for the 07 season. It couldnt hurt. Its not like we have anything to play for right now.

WestFan
12-18-2006, 05:03 AM
"Trent needs to retire. today he was reacting slow, making poor choices and throwing short. He will be 37 years old. You simplly dont win with QB's at that age."

100% correct

Well.... of the last ten Super Bowls, three of them had winning QBs that were 34 years old or older.

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 05:07 AM
But we know that trent green wont be joining that club.

WestFan
12-18-2006, 05:15 AM
But we know that trent green wont be joining that club.

Heh. That's true.

Time to let Croyle and Huard battle it out for the starting job.

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 05:18 AM
better late then never i guess...

Funny. Huard did enough to prove he was the starter for the chiefs. Herm for some reason didnt see it that way though...

patteeu
12-18-2006, 06:53 AM
Who agrees the best move is getting a young guy out there who can move...

I hate to break the news to you, but Croyle isn't known for his ability to move. I'm not against getting him some experience in these last two games, but Trent Green will be the starter next season (unless he chooses to retire) and we really need some improvement on the offensive line if we expect any of our QBs to succeed.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 07:01 AM
I'm not a big fan of Croyle, but this is simply genius.

I mean, defenses make Trent Green look like a friggin' undrafted rookie...I can't wait to see how Croyle looks behind our line/in our offensive scheme!

HE'LL HAVE ALL SORTS OF CONFIDENCE FOR NEXT SEASON!!!!

Hootie
12-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Trent Green should come down with some mysterious injury on Tuesday or Wednesday, we should let Damon finish the season out, let Trent retire or walk at the end of the season so he can find a better situation, resign Damon for 3 years and a fraction of what Green was making, use the rest of the money to find a good DT, and boom.

penguinz
12-18-2006, 07:17 AM
I should just shut up.I nominate this for post of the year.

King_Chief_Fan
12-18-2006, 07:24 AM
I hate to break the news to you, but Croyle isn't known for his ability to move. I'm not against getting him some experience in these last two games, but Trent Green will be the starter next season (unless he chooses to retire) and we really need some improvement on the offensive line if we expect any of our QBs to succeed.

Huard seemed to succeed quite fine behind this line....at least compared to Green.

Croyle isn't the answer.....shoulder problems, knee problems. I am not certain as to why he was drafted anyway.

Chief Nute
12-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Yea, lets put Brodie in there so people will shut up. I am tired of hearing about how he is our savior.......I am just tired of this team. Chief fans are a different breed thats for sure. (Myself included)

Brodie will fall on his face. No doubt about it. He doesnt have the talent around him to make it, and our system is no better than the Alabama system that he was mediocre in. Bad line.....no receivers, etc. Put him in there in a game that is 5 times faster than in college and he might get embarrased.

But who cares.....7-9 looks about as good to me as 9-7 at this point......I could care less.

patteeu
12-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Huard seemed to succeed quite fine behind this line....at least compared to Green.

Croyle isn't the answer.....shoulder problems, knee problems. I am not certain as to why he was drafted anyway.

Don't fool yourself. Huard did well when the line held up and not so well when it didn't. Not much different than Green.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Don't fool yourself. Huard did well when the line held up and not so well when it didn't. Not much different than Green.

Yeah pretty much... Green looked good agianst Cleveland and suspect agian SD and B-more..

Huard looked good agianst SD, but looked like a backup agianst Pitt and Miami..

So yeah it is a wash.

Feel Bad for Trent though, Always been classy and respectible for the Chiefs and this City..... You were great and always will be missed in KC.. Thanks for everything.

I would like to see him hang it up. Retire and enjoy his Broadcasting career ahead of him. With Herm as the Coach, there isnt much hope anyway...

Nice thing though, he will always be second to Lenny Dawson here in KC. No one has ever done as much at the QB postion other then Lenny.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Huard looked like a backup against Pitt and Miami...Green looked like a high schooler against Oakland, Baltimore and San Diego.

Otter
12-18-2006, 09:12 AM

Your and idiot

Hootie
12-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Your and idiot
some of you (and you're included) people on this site have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...at all.

And it pains me to have to read the idiocy.

ChiTown
12-18-2006, 09:15 AM
some of you (and you're included) people on this site have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...at all.

A simple solution, for you, would be to leave this place and to never look back. Fly, and be free!

Otter
12-18-2006, 09:18 AM

Now you know how we feel

King_Chief_Fan
12-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Your and idiot

stick your head back in your ass.... I am not interested in what you think.....

Otter
12-18-2006, 09:22 AM
stick your head back in your ass.... I am not interested in what you think.....

Then why did you respond?

patteeu
12-18-2006, 09:30 AM
I would like to see him hang it up. Retire and enjoy his Broadcasting career ahead of him. With Herm as the Coach, there isnt much hope anyway...

Nice thing though, he will always be second to Lenny Dawson here in KC. No one has ever done as much at the QB postion other then Lenny.

I'm not ready to see Green retire. Not until we have someone who is ready to step in along with a retooled o-line. Maybe we will be ready to make a switch sometime next season and maybe it will have to wait until '08, but I'm not ready to commit to starting a new guy at the beginning of the '07 season. If Green wants to come back, he will be fine if the Chiefs can shore up his protection.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2006, 09:34 AM

Why arent you addressing this with Herm this morning?

If you have all the answers, then get your ass to One Arrowhead Drive and straighten this ship out.

One last thing? When Huard is traded or let go to another team next year, will you leave and go follow that team?

InChiefsHeaven
12-18-2006, 09:50 AM
One last thing? When Huard is traded or let go to another team next year, will you leave and go follow that team?

I actually knew a woman who jumped ship and became a Raiders fan when Gannon left. I guess some people just suck...

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 01:01 PM

They guy has had alot of injurys. So has trent. Trent green in his prime was still pretty good. I dont beleive any injurys are the nagging type either. Croyle should have been a first round pick. he was the steal of the draft. His stock went down due to injury and ofcourse the loss of prothro his #1 recieveing threat on offense. this kid is going to be a star in this league.

King_Chief_Fan
12-18-2006, 01:05 PM
They guy has had alot of injurys. So has trent. Trent green in his prime was still pretty good. I dont beleive any injurys are the nagging type either. Croyle should have been a first round pick. he was the steal of the draft. His stock went down due to injury and ofcourse the loss of prothro his #1 recieveing threat on offense. this kid is going to be a star in this league.

I can't say for certain, but I believe Croyle suffered some returning issue with his shoulder this year. If It happened as I thought it did, that would make his shoulder a nagging injury?

InChiefsHeaven
12-18-2006, 01:07 PM
I can't say for certain, but I believe Croyle suffered some returning issue with his shoulder this year. If It happened as I thought it did, that would make his shoulder a nagging injury?

He did hurt his shoulder in camp in pre-season as I recall, and it was not on a big hit I think. Hopefully a year out of football on the bench has helped him heal up well and with the training in the NFL he will bulk up some from last year.

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 02:01 PM

But you just said yourself you cant say for certain. So is what your telling me is your talking out of your ass right now. I havent heard anything regarding any "nagging" (keyword being nagging) injurys with croyle yet this year. The only thing i could think of was he wasnt 100% healthy coming out of college which had alot of chief fans scratching there heads as to why we drafted him. But that was when he was coming off of injury. Perhaps thats what your talking about. Anways....

Heres a vid of croyle. He scrambles out of the pocket a couple times in it. To the person who earlier said he was 'slow' in this thread, He looks pretty fast for a qb to me. And despite what some ppl say he throws a nice deep ball. One of the things the scouts said was that croyle needs to add on a few pounds of muscle. Hes 6'3" 205lbs. So he could stand to put on a few more pounds.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5744090231360127288&q=brodie+croyle

HemiEd
12-18-2006, 02:21 PM
So can we please put him in damnit? Who agrees the best move is getting a young guy out there who can move, and getting him ready for next year. Pollard and Page should start too IMO. The season is done and we have so many young guys full of potential.

I don't know, I just think tonight should be Trent's last game as a starter. It's over, it's been nice, it's time for a change.

I was thinking about starting this exact same thread. Get all the rookies in there and get them some experience. Most importantly, the three you mentioned.

PinkFloyd
12-18-2006, 02:49 PM
I mean, defenses make Trent Green look like a friggin' undrafted rookie...I can't wait to see how Croyle looks behind our line/in our offensive scheme!

I'm sure after watching the line this year -- we might not have any QB's next year...

They ALL might be retiring rather than playing with that group...

We need to draft a rookie and put his ass in there just like alot of the other teams have been doing... This franchise will never get anywhere unless they start modeling other franchises...

We're one of the oldest franchises in the old AFL and the new NFL... Too bad we're playing like we're old also !!

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 03:18 PM
We did draft a rookie. Brodie croyle. Where the hell have you been? And like its already been pointed out here. Why did the pass protection seem to get better while huard was under center????

Chief Nute
12-18-2006, 03:20 PM
We did draft a rookie. Brodie croyle. Where the hell have you been? And like its already been pointed out here. Why did the pass protection seem to get better while huard was under center????

I think he meant draft a "real" prospect at QB......not some 3rd round project.

Unfortunately, we arent bad enough to land a Brady Quinn/Brian Brohm type.

PinkFloyd
12-18-2006, 03:40 PM

Croyle and Blackledge were drafted for the same reason... Blackledge won a national title, and Croyle was known for comebacks at the end of the game... Blackledge sucked ass, and Croyle looks like he just got out of a major car wreck... He has no shoulder and no more knees...

Carl wants heros in college, instead of proven winners over time... One's that can play a complete game...

They need to find a TOTAL GAME PROVEN rookie and put him in there... I'm tired of this "Oh but he won a national title and he will win us a SuperBowl" bullshit...

What a joke drafting Croyle was... Put him in for a full season and he will be in a wheelchair by years end... His body is shot already....

PinkFloyd
12-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Why did the pass protection seem to get better while huard was under center????

The pass protection was and has been the same... Huard was just smart enough to not dance around and he got rid of the ball instead of getting his arse drilled...

Huard isn't an idiot... I think he could do well, because he's smart enough not to get sacked... He'll throw it away like you should do...

GoodDaySir!
12-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Carl Peterson has never developed a young QB and never will. GMs lose their jobs when young QBs don't pan out and put the franchise back a few years. Peterson won't take that risk while he has his job, which I personally hope is for many years to come.

PinkFloyd
12-18-2006, 03:45 PM

You said it all right there... Carl will never allow this team to be bad enough to draft a real good rookie at QB...

We will always be 9-7 or 8-8 and be in the middle of the draft... We're going to have to ship alot of players somewhere to get a real gem at QB...

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 03:46 PM
The pass protection was and has been the same... Huard was just smart enough to not dance around and he got rid of the ball instead of getting his arse drilled...

Huard isn't an idiot... I think he could do well, because he's smart enough not to get sacked... He'll throw it away like you should do...

It's called the "3-step drop".

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Croyle and Blackledge were drafted for the same reason... Blackledge won a national title, and Croyle was known for comebacks at the end of the game... Blackledge sucked ass, and Croyle looks like he just got out of a major car wreck... He has no shoulder and no more knees...

Carl wants heros in college, instead of proven winners over time... One's that can play a complete game...

They need to find a TOTAL GAME PROVEN rookie and put him in there... I'm tired of this "Oh but he won a national title and he will win us a SuperBowl" bullshit...

What a joke drafting Croyle was... Put him in for a full season and he will be in a wheelchair by years end... His body is shot already....

I have become...comfortably dumb.

PinkFloyd
12-18-2006, 03:49 PM
I have become...comfortably dumb.

So -- you would have taken Blackledge over Dan Marino and John Elway ???

I think I've proven my point...

You all have a quality night... I'm outta here..

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 09:57 PM
I think he meant draft a "real" prospect at QB......not some 3rd round project.

Read This! Croyle was a steal as a 3rd round pick. Instead of bitching you should be happy we got such a talent in that round! Had he not lost prothro is main reciever and stayed healthy at bama he would have been a first round pick! I am going on the record to say that he was the third best QB in last years draft.

HermIsKing
12-18-2006, 09:58 PM
He can be groomed just like Pennington was.

Brock
12-18-2006, 10:01 PM

If the point you're trying to prove is that you've smoked a lot of marijuana, you've proven it by comparing Croyle to Blackledge. They are nothing alike, not in build, ability, or draft position. Seriously, stop smoking so much dope.

Oh Snap
12-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Croyle needs to bulk up. If he does that he will be a fine QB in the NFL.

FAX
12-18-2006, 10:04 PM
I sometimes wonder what sponsors all the Croyle hate. He's not a bad project at all. Not in the least.

I get the impression that people who are so adamantly opposed to him aren't familiar with him.

FAX

Hendrix68
12-18-2006, 11:18 PM
If it makes sense, the Chefs probably won't do it.

So I look for Trent Green in there and probably even an easy victory over the Raidahs and .. stupidly.. we'll probably also beat the Jags.

KurtCobain
12-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Hmmm, anybody think Dee Brown could show some skill at the position?

12-19-2006, 12:04 AM
We will not see him unless we lose to Oakland and the Jax game has no playoff implications for either team.

Sure-Oz
12-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Dee Brown is not a bad analyst for ESPN.

Tribal Warfare
12-19-2006, 12:13 AM
I sometimes wonder what sponsors all the Croyle hate. He's not a bad project at all. Not in the least.

I get the impression that people who are so adamantly opposed to him aren't familiar with him.

FAX

because he's not a shiny new prospect with godlike powers

Oh Snap
12-19-2006, 12:16 AM
what would adrian lima do??????

GROB
12-19-2006, 12:20 AM
CroyleNextMontana

DaWolf
12-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Because our rookie QB really needs to be out there getting killed.

That's like the Royals development plan for their young pitchers in the Baird days...

Tribal Warfare
12-19-2006, 01:28 AM
what would adrian lima do??????

ride me like a therobred in the Kentucky derby.

12-19-2006, 01:32 AM
Keep on dreamin' bud.

Tribal Warfare
12-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Keep on dreamin' bud.

ROFL you never know

Oh Snap
12-19-2006, 12:35 PM

Why not try to coax her into haveing sex? Getter drunk!!!! that way she wont remember your ugly mug.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 12:44 PM

Yeah, that's precisely what I meant. ROFL

Oz_Chief
12-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Trent Green should come down with some mysterious injury on Tuesday or Wednesday, we should let Damon finish the season out, let Trent retire or walk at the end of the season so he can find a better situation, resign Damon for 3 years and a fraction of what Green was making, use the rest of the money to find a good DT, and boom.

Exactly what I was thinking.

klg61
12-19-2006, 12:55 PM
croyle, pollard, webb all these guys need to play the last 2 games. trent's arm has fallen way off.. give these guy's a taste of the game. and make it carry over to next season..

NewChief
12-19-2006, 01:10 PM

I think the hate is a reaction to the extreme love that others seem to have. We literally have people coming on telling us he's the next Joe Montana. This is going to illicit reactions. I have no problem with Croyle, but I think it's dumb as hell to think you can predict the success of any QB in the NFL by examining their college career. So many good college QBs never do a thing in the NFL, and so many unknown college QBs have had success. While I think you can certainly improve your odds when drafting, it's silly to think that any rookie QB is a sure fire success, much less the next Joe Montana.

Oh Snap
12-19-2006, 01:12 PM
croyle, pollard, webb all these guys need to play the last 2 games. trent's arm has fallen way off.. give these guy's a taste of the game. and make it carry over to next season..

Was i dreaming or did I actually see webb playing versus the chargers?

Fire Me Boy!
12-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Dude, Montana ain't got nuthin' on Croyle.

FAX
12-19-2006, 01:15 PM
I think the hate is a reaction to the extreme love that others seem to have. We literally have people coming on telling us he's the next Joe Montana. This is going to illicit reactions. I have no problem with Croyle, but I think it's dumb as hell to think you can predict the success of any QB in the NFL by examining their college career. So many good college QBs never do a thing in the NFL, and so many unknown college QBs have had success. While I think you can certainly improve your odds when drafting, it's silly to think that any rookie QB is a sure fire success, much less the next Joe Montana.

Yeah. My future glasses are steamed over too, Mr. NewChief.

But, I think he has potential and would like to see him get the benefit of the doubt and the oppportunity to take a snap or two before he's offered his last cigarette.

FAX

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 01:19 PM

Who here said he was the next Joe Montana besides GoChiefs?

Don't be ridiculous.

klg61
12-19-2006, 01:20 PM
huard will prob. be gone to a dif. team. trent has lost his arm, so that leaves croyle. we need to see what this kid can do, going into next season we will need a vet. i think this could be trent's last year..imo

Oh Snap
12-19-2006, 01:21 PM

I dont think anyone said hes the next joe montana other then that donker fan. Im the one pointing out that he was the steal of the draft. Toss up between him and marcus colston. Croyles draft stock went down because of injury. But the main reason why it did was because he lost prothro is main reciever. Had he not lost prothro to that nasty ankle injury he would have went in the first round earlier this year. I really think he was the third best QB taken in the 06 draft right behind Young and leinart. But your right, he is unproven. But just because he wasnt drafted in the first round doesnt mean hes a bad player. Green was a 7th round pick. He was a pretty good player. Lets give this kid a chance before we go and use our number 1 pick on a QB that we might not need. Thats all im saying.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 01:22 PM
huard will prob. be gone to a dif. team. trent has lost his arm, so that leaves croyle. we need to see what this kid can do, going into next season we will need a vet. i think this could be trent's last year..imo

I agree. I think people are assuming Trent will be back and even if he's not, we always have Huard.

I think there's a good chance NEITHER of them will return.

NewChief
12-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Who here said he was the next Joe Montana besides GoChiefs?

Don't be ridiculous.

There have been quite a few Alabama fans come in and say something along those lines. There have also been lots of CP members inflating the kid's chances. I have nothing against him. I treat him as an unknown, like every other potential NFL QB.

klg61
12-19-2006, 01:24 PM
I agree. I think people are assuming Trent will be back and even if he's not, we always have Huard.

we need to see what croyle holds for the future or we will be spending more cap money on another vet. i think thats going to have to happen any way.

htismaqe
I dont think anyone said hes the next joe montana other then that donker fan. Im the one pointing out that he was the steal of the draft. Toss up between him and marcus colston. Croyles draft stock went down because of injury. But the main reason why it did was because he lost prothro is main reciever. Had he not lost prothro to that nasty ankle injury he would have went in the first round earlier this year. I really think he was the third best QB taken in the 06 draft right behind Young and leinart. But your right, he is unproven. But just because he wasnt drafted in the first round doesnt mean hes a bad player. Green was a 7th round pick. He was a pretty good player. Lets give this kid a chance before we go and use our number 1 pick on a QB that we might not need. Thats all im saying.

Chief Nute says you're full of shit. You obviously didn't watch Brodie Blackledge play in college or you'd know he's a waste of time...

Fire Me Boy!
... Green was a 7th round pick. He was a pretty good player. ...
Actually, IIRC Green was an 8th round pick...

StcChief
Get up 3 scores on the Faiders and try Croyle for few series or 4Q....

Fire Me Boy!
12-19-2006, 01:25 PM

I really think you're wrong there. I think if Trent goes Huard will be signed by us in a heartbeat.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 01:26 PM
There have been quite a few Alabama fans come in and say something along those lines. There have also been lots of CP members inflating the kid's chances. I have nothing against him. I treat him as an unknown, like every other potential NFL QB.

Those of us that followed Croyle in college are excited that we drafted him, and rightfully so. He's got many of the same tools as the Leinart's and Cutler's of this draft, and if he hadn't have been injured, he might have been drafted right there with them.

Oh Snap
12-19-2006, 01:26 PM
we need to see what croyle holds for the future or we will be spending more cap money on another vet. i think thats going to have to happen any way.
I hear kurt warner is looking for a job! I kid ofcourse......

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 01:27 PM
I really think you're wrong there. I think if Trent goes Huard will be signed by us in a heartbeat.

If Trent leaves, I'm sure we'll TRY to sign him. That doesn't mean he'll WANT to sign or we'll even pay him what he asks for...

Chromie
12-19-2006, 01:27 PM
We definitely need to get Brodie some snaps. I watched him through his entire college career. Even if Green is here next year and Huard leaves (there's always a possibility he'll be gone) who's to say we won't end up in the same position we were in this year with a severe injury to the QB and why would we want to be saying "Oh hell here goes the season this kid's never taken a regular season snap." At least give him what's left of this season to get him ready and then work with him the entire off-season.

FringeNC
12-19-2006, 01:29 PM

I think that's possible. I don't think Trent is retiring, but I could see him amicably parting ways and going to say, Washington. Huard -- no way he's a starter anywhere. I don't want him as a starter here, either. What's the point? Is he really a playoff caliber qb? Play Croyle if Green (smartly) abandons this sinking ship.

klg61
12-19-2006, 01:29 PM
I hear kurt warner is looking for a job! I kid ofcourse......

i hope you kid alot..lol i need to get to know more about this board and the people... you guys are great here..

Oh Snap
12-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Chief Nute says you're full of shit. You obviously didn't watch Brodie Blackledge play in college or you'd know he's a waste of time...
And blackledge? As in Todd blackledge? Comparing todd blackledge to brodie croyle? Blasphemy!!!

On a serious note those of us who have watched croyle throughout college have a bit of a better understanding as to what the kid brings to the table. Sure he might not be the best thing since sliced bread. But he does have a huge upside and did have one coming out of college. What do we have to lose by putting this kid in and seeing what he can do in the big leagues? No harm in that. Ofcourse thats only going to happen though if we lose to the raiders. Our postseason hoped would be over and the jaguars game would be for nothing. Herm is still delusional in thinking we actually have a shot in the post season. So dont beleive for a second that green wont be the starter against the raiders. Blame it on that "You play to win the game!" speach. If only herm practiced what he preaches....

Oh Snap
12-19-2006, 01:39 PM
i hope you kid alot..lol i need to get to know more about this board and the people... you guys are great here..

Welcom aboard skipper! Of course I kid about that. I think Charlie Frye would be the better choice!!!

tk13
12-19-2006, 01:40 PM
If we get Croyle some snaps, I won't complain.

That said, if he's overwhelmed, and he'll likely be a bit overwhelmed behind this offensive line, people will be calling him a bust and wanting a different young QB, which is not a good idea. That's almost the main reason I don't want to see him yet. I mean I'm not in practice or anything, but I'm not sure if he's ready. He's 3-7 with 2 INT's in his limited snaps this season. He didn't play much in preseason, because he was injured. He needs to bulk up, his knock has always been injuries, and he didn't even make it through preseason. I'm not sure putting him in live action behind this line, against two good defenses is gonna be a success. I'd be fine with letting him continue to watch, have a good offseason training program and come back and get his feet wet in preseason next year.

klg61
12-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Welcom aboard skipper! Of course I kid about that. I think Charlie Frye would be the better choice!!!

i wonder if we could get herm to do some reading on here. maybe clark to..

Oh Snap
12-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Good points tk13. And i understand where your coming from. I think if your going to start croyle now would be the time though. I have said in this thread earlier that it would be a good thing if herm says to croyle to learn all he can from these two games this season. Because next season hes getting the car keys to the chiefs offense. He will have the whole offseason to bulk up and with the two games hes started he will have a lil bit better idea of what to expect. No harm can be done by seeing what the kid has got. Hopefully he can stay alive though behind our offensive line.

Oh Snap
12-19-2006, 01:46 PM
i wonder if we could get herm to do some reading on here. maybe clark to..
Ill get on the phone with them right away!

Chief Nute
12-19-2006, 01:47 PM

I dont think he is full of shit. Brodie could very well be the 3rd best QB to come out of that draft. Although, you'd be hard pressed to find any NFL scout that will say that Brodie has any attribute that is better than Jay Cutler. But just because Brodie is arguably the 3rd or 4th best QB out of past years draft, doesnt make him an NFL starting QB prospect. All it tells me is that last year's draft was really top heavy.

My two points on it are these, and then I am done talking because it seems that no one with less than a million posts will ever be taken seriously on this board.

1.) NFL teams do not draft a QB in the 3rd round with the intention that he is your "future". They are projects. Past NFL talents that have been drafted past Round 2 and are currently succeeding in the NFL were thrust into their roles and "luckily" landed on their feet.....some due to talent, and some due to a great offensive system (See Tom Brady, Marc Bulger, etc.) If you scan the starters in the NFL, they are almost all 1st and 2nd round draft choices. That is no coincidence. It takes a special player to succeed as a QB in the NFL. Either you have above average intelligence, extraordinary ahtleticism, or a rocket of an arm that has stuck out all through college and everyone knew they were a cant miss prospect (and even a large majority of those fall on their face!)

2.) I, much like NewChief, have nothing against Brodie. He is a Chief, and for that, I am a fan. However, guys that say they want to see Brodie, make me not want to see him at all. They act like he is owed some shot.....like he is a sure shot next big thing. It is almost like they are forcing Trent out of town. Trent has had a rough year....lots of things happened this year....from the O-Line to the horrible injury.....Trent is getting up there.....but I for one, am going to be loyal to him until he says it is time to hang it up......he has shown more heart in a KC uniform than many other players that I can think of, and I think he is owed the chance to say when he is done....and I think he is smart enough to make that decision himself.

Thats all I got fellas.....blast away and neg rep me to death, it's all good.

NewChief
12-19-2006, 01:48 PM
No harm can be done by seeing what the kid has got. Hopefully he can stay alive though behind our offensive line.

These two contradictory sentences point to the problem. There can, in fact, be harm done. Both physical and mental. Hell, I don't honestly care if they throw him in there or not. Those that are huge Croyle fans might not be doing their golden boy any favors by calling for him to play at this point in the season, though.

klg61
12-19-2006, 01:49 PM
we wont be playing for any thing, why not play the young guys who will be the starters. they need to see where they are after sitting and playing special teams all year.

Oh Snap
12-19-2006, 01:56 PM
But newchief. Honestly i dont see it getting anyworse with croyle in there then it is with green. green looks like a rookie in there now! He has that deer in headlights look. Croyle is alot faster and can make plays outside of the pocket unlike green.

NewChief
12-19-2006, 02:04 PM
But newchief. Honestly i dont see it getting anyworse with croyle in there then it is with green. green looks like a rookie in there now! He has that deer in headlights look. Croyle is alot faster and can make plays outside of the pocket unlike green.

By "worse" you're talking about offensive production in what is now a meaningless season. By "worse" I'm talking about getting the "future QB" of the team either hurt or so rattled that he has no confidence going into next season (though confidence doesn't seem to be a Croyle problem).

klg61
12-19-2006, 02:20 PM
hurt or rattled that could happen at any time. trent proved that this year in the first game. are we going to keep brdie on the bench, or get him some playing time and just push him in when it counts. i would rather brodie play a few games that doesnt matter much, that will keep the pressure off him atleast.

Oh Snap
12-19-2006, 02:24 PM
By "worse" you're talking about offensive production in what is now a meaningless season. By "worse" I'm talking about getting the "future QB" of the team either hurt or so rattled that he has no confidence going into next season (though confidence doesn't seem to be a Croyle problem).

Not just offensive production. Hence why i mentioned green looking like a deer caught in headlights. If a veteran is making rookie mistakes dont you think it would be better to get the actual rookie in there so he can look back at his mistakes this offseason and improve upon them? Green has already proven that he doesnt have it anymore. The offense line while not great has played good at times this year. When huard was in our OL played some of there best football. Maybe Green hurts our OL more then he helps it?

klg61
12-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Not just offensive production. Hence why i mentioned green looking like a deer caught in headlights. If a veteran is making rookie mistakes dont you think it would be better to get the actual rookie in there so he can look back at his mistakes this offseason and improve upon them? Green has already proven that he doesnt have it anymore. The offense line while not great has played good at times this year. When huard was in our OL played some of there best football. Maybe Green hurts our OL more then he helps it?

i would say its time to find out if trent is hurting the 0-line. i didnt think about that untill now.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 02:37 PM
I dont think he is full of shit. Brodie could very well be the 3rd best QB to come out of that draft. Although, you'd be hard pressed to find any NFL scout that will say that Brodie has any attribute that is better than Jay Cutler. But just because Brodie is arguably the 3rd or 4th best QB out of past years draft, doesnt make him an NFL starting QB prospect. All it tells me is that last year's draft was really top heavy.

Hard-pressed, huh? Finding these took all of about 30 seconds:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/cutler_jay
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/croyle_brodie

Brodie Croyle rated better in technique, equal in pocket accuracy, equal in handling pressure, better in leadership/poise, better in reading defenses, and MUCH better in limiting big mistakes.

My two points on it are these, and then I am done talking because it seems that no one with less than a million posts will ever be taken seriously on this board.

That's the typical passive-aggressive response that gets used when one is talking out of their ass. If you want to get taken seriously, know what you're talking about. It's as simple as that.

1.) NFL teams do not draft a QB in the 3rd round with the intention that he is your "future". They are projects. Past NFL talents that have been drafted past Round 2 and are currently succeeding in the NFL were thrust into their roles and "luckily" landed on their feet.....some due to talent, and some due to a great offensive system (See Tom Brady, Marc Bulger, etc.) If you scan the starters in the NFL, they are almost all 1st and 2nd round draft choices. That is no coincidence. It takes a special player to succeed as a QB in the NFL. Either you have above average intelligence, extraordinary ahtleticism, or a rocket of an arm that has stuck out all through college and everyone knew they were a cant miss prospect (and even a large majority of those fall on their face!)

Brodie has ALL of the qualities of the QBs you mentioned. What he doesn't have is a clean bill of health. It was universally acknowledged by scouts that Brodie would have been a higher pick had he not been hurt. The fact that you want to ignore reality doens't make you right, it only makes you stubborn.

Oh Snap
12-19-2006, 02:56 PM
The only problem I see is 205lbs compared to 225lbs. Croyle needs to put on some weight. As soon as he bulks up he should be fine.

Chief Nute
12-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Hard-pressed, huh? Finding these took all of about 30 seconds:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/cutler_jay
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/croyle_brodie

Brodie Croyle rated better in technique, equal in pocket accuracy, equal in handling pressure, better in leadership/poise, better in reading defenses, and MUCH better in limiting big mistakes.

That's the typical passive-aggressive response that gets used when one is talking out of their ass. If you want to get taken seriously, know what you're talking about. It's as simple as that.

Brodie has ALL of the qualities of the QBs you mentioned. What he doesn't have is a clean bill of health. It was universally acknowledged by scouts that Brodie would have been a higher pick had he not been hurt. The fact that you want to ignore reality doens't make you right, it only makes you stubborn.

On your first point.......if you want to manipulate that website like that....OK. But if you look at the top line under the CRITICAL FACTORS....those are the main points that are being highlighted on that site. Of course Brodie is going to be better at a couple of the little details here and there......for example it looks like scouts think Brodie is more poised/mature and has better fundamentals than Jay Cutler. AKA: A Freakin Career BACKUP QB! What attributes do you look for in a backup? I know I look for a guy that could step in and not lose a game for you with good fundamentals...maybe he is smart and can know when to throw the ball away. I know a QB who plays like that! Damon Huard!! And he will always be a career backup. That website is hardly an endorsement for your argument. And besides, it isnt like I disagreed with you anyways.....I said Brodie could be the 3rd best QB out of that bunch. I just said that any NFL scout would be hard pressed to find many RAW parts about Brodie that are better than Cutler......and that is true.

Your second "point".....you avoided MY point. And that is that 3rd round QB's are not drafted to save your franchise. I dont care if he has injury problems. If a guy has talent, and I am talking serious talent, NFL GM's dont wait until the 3rd round to take a shot. They are gone much earlier. I personally think that for you to say that Brodie Croyle has some of the same qualities as Tom Brady or Marc Bulger after only watching a college career is pretty boastful/hopeful on your part. It is this kind of talk that makes me ill.......comparing a 3rd rounder to Tom Brady....LMFAO

Chief Nute
12-19-2006, 03:22 PM
And another thing.....it isnt like Brodie was taken as the 4th overall QB. If scouts and GM's loved his talent, why didnt the Jets take him instead of Kellen Clemens, or why didnt Minnesota select him instead of Tavaris Jackson or the Chargers take him instead of Charlie Whitehurst? All three of those QB's were "wild cards", and if they could take a shot with the golden boy, Brodie, then why didnt they do it? Hell, it was only a late 2nd rounder or early 3rd to spend on a guy with talent greater than the highly touted Jay Cutler.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 03:24 PM
On your first point.......if you want to manipulate that website like that....OK. But if you look at the top line under the CRITICAL FACTORS....those are the main points that are being highlighted on that site. Of course Brodie is going to be better at a couple of the little details here and there......for example it looks like scouts think Brodie is more poised/mature and has better fundamentals than Jay Cutler. AKA: A Freakin Career BACKUP QB! What attributes do you look for in a backup? I know I look for a guy that could step in and not lose a game for you with good fundamentals...maybe he is smart and can know when to throw the ball away. I know a QB who plays like that! Damon Huard!! And he will always be a career backup. That website is hardly an endorsement for your argument. And besides, it isnt like I disagreed with you anyways.....I said Brodie could be the 3rd best QB out of that bunch. I just said that any NFL scout would be hard pressed to find many RAW parts about Brodie that are better than Cutler......and that is true.

ROFL

I didn't manipulate ANYTHING. You said, and I QUOTE:

, you'd be hard pressed to find any NFL scout that will say that Brodie has any attribute that is better than Jay Cutler.

I not only wasn't hard pressed to find ANY attribute, I found SEVERAL, in a matter of seconds.

Your second "point".....you avoided MY point. And that is that 3rd round QB's are not drafted to save your franchise. I dont care if he has injury problems. If a guy has talent, and I am talking serious talent, NFL GM's dont wait until the 3rd round to take a shot. They are gone much earlier. I personally think that for you to say that Brodie Croyle has some of the same qualities as Tom Brady or Marc Bulger after only watching a college career is pretty boastful/hopeful on your part. It is this kind of talk that makes me ill.......comparing a 3rd rounder to Tom Brady....LMFAO

I didn't avoid your point at all. Your logic is flawed.

Guys with serious talent fall in the draft ALL THE TIME due to injuries. The idea that teams ignore injury problems if a guy has talent is, frankly, laughable.

And I NEVER compared Brodie to ANYBODY. You said a guy has to have certain qualities like arm strength, etc. I simply said he has all of those things.

I'm sorry that your ill, I'll probably puke here soon because I'm laughing so hard.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 03:25 PM
And another thing.....it isnt like Brodie was taken as the 4th overall QB. If scouts and GM's loved his talent, why didnt the Jets take him instead of Kellen Clemens, or why didnt Minnesota select him instead of Tavaris Jackson or the Chargers take him instead of Charlie Whitehurst? All three of those QB's were "wild cards", and if they could take a shot with the golden boy, Brodie, then why didnt they do it? Hell, it was only a late 2nd rounder or early 3rd to spend on a guy with talent greater than the highly touted Jay Cutler.

Because they were concerned about his injury history. You can ignore it all you want, it doesn't make it any less of a fact.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 03:26 PM
And frankly, your passive-aggressive use of the term "golden boy" is hilarious.

Like anybody said anything that even remotely resembles "golden boy". You have to pull that out because you know that your argument lacks merit...

Chief Nute
12-19-2006, 03:35 PM
But I forgive you......being from Iowa and all. You guys thought for 3 years that Drew Tate was an NFL caliber QB, LMFAO!!

Oh Snap
12-19-2006, 03:41 PM
r than Cutler......and that is true.

I think GMs looked at croyle as a risk/reward type of player. his injury past played a big factor in what round he was drafted in. And him losing prothro hurt his draft stock as well. Know one else seems to know just how big of a recieveing threat prothro was.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 03:47 PM
But I forgive you......being from Iowa and all. You guys thought for 3 years that Drew Tate was an NFL caliber QB, LMFAO!!

ROFL

When all else fails, pull out the Iowa smack.

Here's some information for you.

There's about a half dozen hardcore Hawkeye fans here, and ALL of them, to the man, will tell you Drew Tate isn't a pro QB. In fact, most of them, including me, HAVE ALREADY POSTED HERE that he isn't a pro QB.

And before that, when people here were asking about Brad Banks, we told them he wasn't a pro QB either.

But that's ok, you've pretty well established that you don't know shit, so why not stir the pot a little bit more, right?

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I think GMs looked at croyle as a risk/reward type of player. his injury past played a big factor in what round he was drafted in. And him losing prothro hurt his draft stock as well. Know one else seems to know just how big of a recieveing threat prothro was.

You must be from Iowa.

Chief Nute
12-19-2006, 04:08 PM
ROFL

When all else fails, pull out the Iowa smack.

Here's some information for you.

There's about a half dozen hardcore Hawkeye fans here, and ALL of them, to the man, will tell you Drew Tate isn't a pro QB. In fact, most of them, including me, HAVE ALREADY POSTED HERE that he isn't a pro QB.

And before that, when people here were asking about Brad Banks, we told them he wasn't a pro QB either.

But that's ok, you've pretty well established that you don't know shit, so why not stir the pot a little bit more, right?

Oh come on, chill out. That was said in good fun.

I think I know a little more than "shit", but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just dont think throwing Croyle out there anytime soon is a good idea. I think I have brought enough info to tell you why I think that way........but hey, we're all not gonna agree.

htismaqe
12-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh come on, chill out. That was said in good fun.

I think I know a little more than "shit", but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just dont think throwing Croyle out there anytime soon is a good idea. I think I have brought enough info to tell you why I think that way........but hey, we're all not gonna agree.

I guess you missed me laughing. I'm certainly not bent out of shape. This is highly entertaining.

Ironically, I agree that throwing Croyle out there to the dogs is a bad idea. I even agree with you that Croyle shouldn't be handed the starting job on a silver platter just because we drafted him. I've even said as much in other threads.

Of course, it took until now for you to actually be sensible about it. It's a far cry from your original post, suggesting that Croyle would never be a good QB simply because he was a 3rd-round pick.

Look at the bright side, at least you aren't Pinkfloyd.

PinkFloyd
12-19-2006, 05:25 PM
I guess you missed me laughing. I'm certainly not bent out of shape. This is highly entertaining.

Ironically, I agree that throwing Croyle out there to the dogs is a bad idea. I even agree with you that Croyle shouldn't be handed the starting job on a silver platter just because we drafted him. I've even said as much in other threads.

Of course, it took until now for you to actually be sensible about it. It's a far cry from your original post, suggesting that Croyle would never be a good QB simply because he was a 3rd-round pick.

Look at the bright side, at least you aren't Pinkfloyd.

HEY HEY HEY Now... I was intoxicated when I wrote whatever I wrote yesterday... Give me a break... ROFL

I think Croyle will be OK... Just hope he doesn't get beat up and need a shoulder or knee replacement... :p