PDA

View Full Version : First round QB

CupidStunt
12-18-2006, 02:56 AM
If a guy like JaMarcus Russel declares and slips to us around the middle of round one, would you like to see the Chiefs take him?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2006, 02:58 AM
No. We need a DT or LT.

Taco John
12-18-2006, 03:01 AM
Aren't the Chiefs 4 deep at QB? Or did Printers get sent back to Canada. I swear I thought he was on your PS.

SPchief
12-18-2006, 03:03 AM
Aren't the Chiefs 4 deep at QB? Or did Printers get sent back to Canada. I swear I thought he was on your PS.

Look at who started the thread.

BWillie
12-18-2006, 03:06 AM
Might as well get another 3rd rounder. One of them will be good.

CupidStunt
12-18-2006, 03:10 AM

Huard = career backup.

Trent = about ready for a dirt nap.

Croyle = ?

Printers = far, far inferior Michael Vick

This will be more of a Green Bay/Aaron Rodgers type situation if anything. The only difference is Croyle, but I don't have a lot of faith in him. He could pan out, but I'd be interested in a franchise guy if one fell to KC.

Gravedigger
12-18-2006, 03:16 AM
Trent Green has times when he delivers but on alot of his throws they are underthrown/overthrown or wobbly passes I just don't see the same Green I saw last year. Whatever he or anyone says he's not the same and that was apparent after tonight's game. I'd be up for putting Huard back in and seeing the winning we used to cherish. In all honesty we prolly should have made Huard the starter cause Green has just shown me his confidence/aura is depleted.

thedude
12-18-2006, 03:43 AM
Trent Green has times when he delivers but on alot of his throws they are underthrown/overthrown or wobbly passes I just don't see the same Green I saw last year. Whatever he or anyone says he's not the same and that was apparent after tonight's game. I'd be up for putting Huard back in and seeing the winning we used to cherish. In all honesty we prolly should have made Huard the starter cause Green has just shown me his confidence/aura is depleted.

Agree, Trent doesn't look the same, although there is something to be said for having time in the pocket to throw, especially when he doesn't compare favorably to Michael Vick.

Disagree, Damon is not the starter for this team, a healthy Trent Green brings more to the table in terms of offensive confidence, ability, and decision making.

Mecca
12-18-2006, 05:36 AM
Croyle is probably a career backup.........he'll be like Rob Johnson.

Personally I think just about every position is worthy of a look by this team there are holes everywhere.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 06:52 AM
I know it's expected from me, but I'd love to see Green in Washington next year (perfect fit for him) and Huard as our starter. We're one LT and one DT away from being a playoff team...

Sorry, I'm not ready to be a 4 win team and watch LJ want to leave after next season because we can't win.

King_Chief_Fan
12-18-2006, 07:16 AM
I agree. I am tired of watching Green piss himself and hurt this team.
He should not have been brought back as long as Huard continued to play at the level he was playing.

The targets of his passes need to put their shoes on their hands, the passes are generally at the shoe level.

No way does Huard go back in. Herm doens't have the balls to do it.
Besides, Greens fragile little ego couldn't take it.

If Green played for Denver, he would be sitting the bench.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Well at least people are finally starting to get it!

I mean, yeah, 99% of these people calling for Huard now all referred to me as an idiot a month ago, but it's ok...I forgive you all.

beer bacon
12-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Well at least people are finally starting to get it!

I mean, yeah, 99% of these people calling for Huard now all referred to me as an idiot a month ago, but it's ok...I forgive you all.

You have really handled this whole situaton like a vagina.

Hootie
12-18-2006, 08:08 AM
You have really handled this whole situaton like a vagina.
I FORGIVE YOU.

Chief Nute
12-18-2006, 08:45 AM
JaMarcus Russell? In Round 1?? WTF? No way does this guy grade out as a first rounder. And even if he did, why would we want him? Saint Brodie is waiting to take us to the Super Bowl!

Unfortunately, this isnt a big year for wide receivers, which is where I think we need a big playmaker.......so with that being said, I'd say we should look VERY strongly at Justin Blalock from Texas. He should be able to start right away. There will be some pretty decent WR's there for us in the 2nd round.

CupidStunt
12-18-2006, 08:49 AM
JaMarcus Russell? In Round 1?? WTF? No way does this guy grade out as a first rounder.

On what planet?

JaMarcus Russel, on his tools alone, has a chance to go top-5 overall because his potential might be the best ever for a QB.

ROYC75
12-18-2006, 08:57 AM
For the those of you who are calling for cetain players....... One only has to look at the OL and DL to see our biggest weakness. We once had a dominate OL, time has caught up with us...... We need LT,RT, and RG.

We need DT's.... 2 good ones. We need some young corners to develope as well.

We have too many holes to fill in just 1 draft. Dreams of thinking ... We will get them NEXT YEAR ....is just a dream.

Plus we have HERM.

Somebody mentioned a return to the 90's ........ If we don't pay attention in ther draft the next 2 years it's going to be the late 70's early 80's all over again.

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2006, 08:58 AM
NO.

Russell has some games where he's on and is deadly. But he still makes a lot of dumb throws and has a lot of average games. I wouldn't waste a 1st rounder on him.

ROYC75
12-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Seriously ....... What good is a QB without OL help ? The Great Manning sucks when he gets hammered.

Show me any QB that can perfome well while getting hammered all night........

Chief Nute
12-18-2006, 09:26 AM
On what planet?

JaMarcus Russel, on his tools alone, has a chance to go top-5 overall because his potential might be the best ever for a QB.

If JaMarcus Russel goes Top 5 in any NFL Draft, I will hand deliver $5,000.00 to your door. You dont even have to put up anything in the "bet". JaMarcus Russel would be either the 5th of 6th QB taken in this years draft, let alone in the Top 5 overall, LMFAO.

Some people on this site, dont have a clue.

CupidStunt
12-18-2006, 09:56 AM
If JaMarcus Russel goes Top 5 in any NFL Draft, I will hand deliver $5,000.00 to your door. You dont even have to put up anything in the "bet". JaMarcus Russel would be either the 5th of 6th QB taken in this years draft, let alone in the Top 5 overall, LMFAO.

You're a f*cking idiot if you think 5 Qbs would be selected for JaMarcus Russel.

A true, braindead, clusterf*cking retard.

Mecca
12-18-2006, 09:59 AM
JaMarcus Russell? In Round 1?? WTF? No way does this guy grade out as a first rounder. And even if he did, why would we want him? Saint Brodie is waiting to take us to the Super Bowl!

Unfortunately, this isnt a big year for wide receivers, which is where I think we need a big playmaker.......so with that being said, I'd say we should look VERY strongly at Justin Blalock from Texas. He should be able to start right away. There will be some pretty decent WR's there for us in the 2nd round.

You want to draft a guard in the first round.....think about that before busting on peoples draft knowledge. Jamarcus Russell is a huge man with a rocket arm. If you don't think 1 workout wouldn't sky rocket his draft position you haven't paid any attention to the draft at all in the past.

Iowanian
12-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Some of you dumbf@cks have GOT to stop drinking drano in such small doses.

Chief Nute
12-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Brady Quinn
Brian Brohm
Drew Stanton
Kyle Wright
Jordan Palmer

All are QB's that could go before Russel. The first 3 are a guarantee. The last 2 are possible.....I think Palmer probably goes before Russel because of the pedigree. Wright has all of the physical tools and probably would impress more in the combine than Russel. Either way this ****-nut, thinks that Russel is a Top 5 overall pick......and that is an insane ****ing statement.

And on Blalock......he is a natural right tackle. That is where he will workout at. He moved to RG this year because he is versatile and he can......but hey, what do I know.....the Chiefs dont need a versatile lineman. We have depth out the wazoo.

htismaqe
12-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Russell is very reminiscent of Jay Cutler.

He's got some mental work to do, but the physical tools are all there. He's gonna go in the 1st round, because his workouts are gonna impress...

CupidStunt
01-04-2007, 02:48 AM

Some people on this site, dont have a clue.

Your (still) and idiot.

CupidStunt
01-04-2007, 02:49 AM
Hey, anyone fancy a beer in April?

Drinks are on me after this bozo loads me up with 5 grand.

ChiefFan31
01-04-2007, 03:12 AM
Seriously ....... What good is a QB without OL help ? The Great Manning sucks when he gets hammered.

Show me any QB that can perfome well while getting hammered all night........before the game

How about Broadway Joe?? :D

Silock
01-04-2007, 03:13 AM
Brady Quinn
Brian Brohm
Drew Stanton
Kyle Wright
Jordan Palmer

All are QB's that could go before Russel. The first 3 are a guarantee. The last 2 are possible.....I think Palmer probably goes before Russel because of the pedigree. Wright has all of the physical tools and probably would impress more in the combine than Russel. Either way this ****-nut, thinks that Russel is a Top 5 overall pick......and that is an insane ****ing statement.

And on Blalock......he is a natural right tackle. That is where he will workout at. He moved to RG this year because he is versatile and he can......but hey, what do I know.....the Chiefs dont need a versatile lineman. We have depth out the wazoo.

Brohm is coming out? Quinn is overrated.

Extra Point
01-05-2007, 03:30 AM
Russell would be a great pick after next season, but we aren't going to get him. Anywhere Dennis Green may land, he would be a good match. Would be nice for him if NO, Miami or TB picked him, though.

Quinn proved his overrating Wednesday nite. I would like to enjoy a beer with lj4mvp when Russell gets picked 3rd in the 1st round.

Direckshun
01-05-2007, 03:53 AM
I'm not sure how Rich Scanlon is the answer to this question, but somehow I feel that he is.

KCChiefsMan
01-05-2007, 04:24 AM
I actually think that Russell will be an awesome QB, if the Raiders were smart they'd pick him over Quinn....so hell ya I'd take him

Gravedigger
01-05-2007, 04:53 AM
This guys hype will make him instant Raiders material and I don't think anyone can really disagree with it. I'm not concerned with the Raiders first round pick as what kind of idiot would take the head coaching position. Art Shell mustve been desperate.