25 Cincinnati Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
26 Dallas Brandon Meriweather FS Miami
27 New Orleans Tank Tyler DT North Carolina State
28 New England Anthony Spencer LB Purdue
29 Baltimore Fred Bennett CB South Carolina
30 Indianapolis *Brandon Siler LB Florida
31 Chicago Paul Poluszny LB Penn State
32 San Diego Michael Bush RB Louisville

(1) Denver and Washington could flip-flop picks depending on how far they are apart

The GREAT BLUE NORTH DRAFT REPORT

BigCatDaddy
12-20-2006, 01:04 PM
No thanks!

JBucc
12-20-2006, 01:06 PM
We could use a good young CB but we have other much more pressing needs. I'd be ok with that pick but I'd rather have Patrick Willis or trade down.

BigCatDaddy
12-20-2006, 01:11 PM
I want to see Offensive Line or DT. Nothing else until round 4.

milkman
12-20-2006, 01:14 PM
I want to see Offensive Line or DT. Nothing else until round 4.

Drafting for need is a sure way to ensure continued mediocrity.

Give me the best player available, regardless of position.

Stinger
12-20-2006, 01:15 PM
(1) Denver and Washington could flip-flop picks depending on how far they are apart

Anyone know the conditions of this???

BigCatDaddy
12-20-2006, 01:27 PM
True, let's draft another RB is he is best available.

luv
12-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Drafting for need is a sure way to ensure continued mediocrity.

Give me the best player available, regardless of position.
Within reason.

milkman
12-20-2006, 01:40 PM
True, let's draft another RB is he is best available.

Drafting in the 13-14-15 spot will give us a number of players to choose from, so the liklyhood of drafting the best player available at a position of need is high.

Within reason.

However, if we had drafted the best player available, regardless of position, but only within reason a couple of years ago, we woudn't have LJ.

luv
12-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Drafting in the 13-14-15 spot will give us a number of players to choose from, so the liklyhood of drafting the best player available at a position of need is high.

However, if we had drafted the best player available, regardless of position, but only within reason a couple of years ago, we woudn't have LJ.
LJ is only a few years into his career, and we have a good backup. When we got LJ, Priest was slightly a little further into his career. If we get another RB too soon, we'll probably find him getting even more frustrated than LJ was. JMO.

Chiefnj
12-20-2006, 01:53 PM
I just don't get Quinn going #1 in 90% of the mocks I've seen.

In this mock, I'd much rather have Willis or Blalock.

noa
12-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Do the Redskins really need another WR? If that's what they spend their top 10 draft pick on, I will laugh my ass off.

milkman
12-20-2006, 02:03 PM
LJ is only a few years into his career, and we have a good backup. When we got LJ, Priest was slightly a little further into his career. If we get another RB too soon, we'll probably find him getting even more frustrated than LJ was. JMO.

That's just an example.

I do agree with Mecca, though, that the continued overuse of LJ very well could shorten his career.

But again, I see us in a draft position that will allow us not only to draft the best player available, but that also fills a need.

I just don't care to draft an OT or a DT, our two obvious biggest needs, in a spot where another position like WR or linebacker is a better player available.

Brock
12-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Do you think Poluszny will really go that low?

luv
12-20-2006, 02:06 PM
That's just an example.

I do agree with Mecca, though, that the continued overuse of LJ very well could shorten his career.

But again, I see us in a draft position that will allow us not only to draft the best player available, but that also fills a need.

I just don't care to draft an OT or a DT, our two obvious biggest needs, in a spot where another position like WR or linebacker is a better player available.
I agree, we need to play Bennett some more. If you were a first round pick, and ended up being third string for years though....

My opinion is based off of a very limited understanding, though. I've learned to like the taste of my foot in my mouth. :)

htismaqe
12-20-2006, 02:09 PM
I just don't get Quinn going #1 in 90% of the mocks I've seen.

In this mock, I'd much rather have Willis or Blalock.

Hall is a much better player than Blalock, IMO. I worry about Blalock becoming Leonard Davis.

milkman
12-20-2006, 02:13 PM
I agree, we need to play Bennett some more. If you were a first round pick, and ended up being third string for years though....

My opinion is based off of a very limited understanding, though. I've learned to like the taste of my foot in my mouth. :)

Your point isn't without merit.
Many, if not most, would agree with you, so you didn't get another helping of foot here.

As for Bennett, he can't stay healthy.

luv
12-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Your point isn't without merit.
Many, if not most, would agree with you, so you didn't get another helping of foot here.

As for Bennett, he can't stay healthy.
So in a case like that, with your starting RB being so young, and your backup being injury prone, do you look at free agents for a possible third string instead of drafting someone?

Well, we did draft a new QB to be a third string, but Trent is nearing the end of his career, and with Huard becoming a FA...

chagrin
12-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Alan Branch dammit! We need a man in the middle of the D-Line, this guy will kick total ass

bsp4444
12-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Trade LJ for a first and second round pick. With two firsts and two seconds, you can get the O-Line re-tooled, and possibly get a running back to replace LJ. Run Bennett (Priest if he can make it back) behind the re-tooled O-Line. Package up the lower round picks to move up for a WR. Need to squeeze a DT in there somewhere. LJ will become a cancer to this team in the very near future.

bringbackmarty
12-20-2006, 02:24 PM
I bet we take poluzny, or we trade down and take BPA.

Chiefnj
12-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Hall is a much better player than Blalock, IMO. I worry about Blalock becoming Leonard Davis.

Blalock is a monster. 50 consectutive starts. Hasn't allowed a sack in 25 games. If Herm wants to play a power running game the next 4 years, there is no place better to start than a mammoth OG that crushes people.

milkman
12-20-2006, 02:27 PM
So in a case like that, with your starting RB being so young, and your backup being injury prone, do you look at free agents for a possible third string instead of drafting someone?

Well, we did draft a new QB to be a third string, but Trent is nearing the end of his career, and with Huard becoming a FA...

Free agency, late round pick, maybe Derek Ross.

In the meantime, my concern is building a term through the drfat that actually has a chance to grow into a contender.

I'm sick and tired of pretender status.

ROYC75
12-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Trade LJ for a first and second round pick. With two firsts and two seconds, you can get the O-Line re-tooled, and possibly get a running back to replace LJ. Run Bennett (Priest if he can make it back) behind the re-tooled O-Line. Package up the lower round picks to move up for a WR. Need to squeeze a DT in there somewhere. LJ will become a cancer to this team in the very near future.

That would be good if we could get that, barring CP to not screw the picks up like years past.

But I have little faith on that.........

FTR, we all wanted DJ, we all knew he wouldn't make it to us. But it happened....... If OT Thomas is on the board when we pick, it's a no brainer..........

milkman
12-20-2006, 02:28 PM

No one is going to give up a 1st and 2nd round pick for LJ.

tyton75
12-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Levi Brown

milkman
12-20-2006, 02:30 PM
That would be good if we could get that, barring CP to not screw the picks up like years past.

But I have little faith on that.........

FTR, we all wanted DJ, we all knew he wouldn't make it to us. But it happened....... If OT Thomas is on the board when we pick, it's a no brainer..........

Yeah, I'd love Thomas, or Alan Branch, or even Sam Baker, but at thsi point in time, that isn't likely.

But, as you suggested, there's a lot of movement between now and draft day.

Buck
12-20-2006, 02:49 PM
32 San Diego Michael Bush RB Louisville

Theres no way we draft a RB.

Mock Drafts really shouldn't mock anything past 10.

Tribal Warfare
12-20-2006, 03:25 PM
If it falls this way KC will draft Amobi Okoye or Quinn Pitcock

Tribal Warfare
12-20-2006, 03:26 PM
=

FTR, we all wanted DJ, we all knew he wouldn't make it to us.

except me :D

ptlyon
12-20-2006, 03:44 PM
mockmockmockmockmockmockmockmockmock

I sound like a duck

mockmockmockmockmockmockmockmockmockmockmockmock

CupidStunt
12-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Alan Branch dammit! We need a man in the middle of the D-Line, this guy will kick total ass

He'll be long gone.

Rooster
12-20-2006, 04:03 PM
I like Amobi Okoye. I don't really know that much about him but with a name like Okoye he can't be all bad. :hmmm:

htismaqe
12-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Blalock is a monster. 50 consectutive starts. Hasn't allowed a sack in 25 games. If Herm wants to play a power running game the next 4 years, there is no place better to start than a mammoth OG that crushes people.

The question is two-fold (thinking back to Leonard Davis again):

1) Will he be able to maintain his effort level in the NFL?

2) Will teams be able to resist the urge to move him to OT?

CupidStunt
12-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Great thing about Okoye is his motor. We need more guys like that. Like Hali and Allen.

While they do tend to have off games when the tackles/guards are simply more talented than them, they show up a lot of the time and make a lot of plays due to the no-quit attitude.

A D-line of Hali-Okoye-?-Allen would NEVER stop getting after the QB.

bdeg
12-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Believe it or not I don't want Alan Branch. He reminds me a LOT of Ryan Sims. He has great physical attributes, but if you look at his #'s from this season, the results aren't there. The last thing this team needs is another underachiever.

He's posted 2 sacks this season, 4 solo TFL, and a grand total of 23 tackles(AST and SOLO).

Chiefnj
12-20-2006, 04:11 PM
Believe it or not I don't want Alan Branch. He reminds me a LOT of Ryan Sims. He has great physical attributes, but if you look at his #'s from this season, the results aren't there. The last thing this team needs is another underachiever.

He's posted 2 sacks this season, 4 solo TFL, and a grand total of 23 tackles(AST and SOLO).

Judging CB's and DT's by stats is very misleading. Branch's assignment may be to tie up 2 blockers and collapse the pocket on the majority of plays.

bdeg
12-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Let me also follow that up with Okoye's stats, who I also think would be great pick:

7 sacks
11 TFL
48 Total Tackles

bdeg
12-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Judging CB's and DT's by stats is very misleading. Branch's assignment may be to tie up 2 blockers and collapse the pocket on the majority of plays.

That's a good point, and I'll admit I haven't really watched him specifically in games so maybe I should just stop talking, but with the rest of the play-makers Michigan has on that defensive line, how often is he really being double-teamed?

Chiefnj
12-20-2006, 04:14 PM
The question is two-fold (thinking back to Leonard Davis again):

1) Will he be able to maintain his effort level in the NFL?

2) Will teams be able to resist the urge to move him to OT?

1. What makes you think he wouldn't maintain his level in the NFL? From everything I've read he was a sought after prospect who played at a very high level all 4 years. I don't believe he ever went through a phase where he didn't work hard - thus his school record for consecutive starts. Plus, off the field he appears to work hard as well, as I have read that he graduated in December.

2. They might. He played ROT for 3 years, right? He did a decent job. Most everyone agrees he'd be a great OG, but could be used as a tackle if need be. (Kind of like Shields in his prime; a great OG that fans wanted to play tackle on occassion).

CupidStunt
12-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Okoye = one-gap penetrator, Branch = two-gap plugger who's played a lot of nose.

It's like comparing Warren Sapp to Ted Washington. Ironically, they were on the same team.

Take this year with Kevin Williams and Pat Williams, too.

Tribal Warfare
12-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Great thing about Okoye is his motor. We need more guys like that. Like Hali and Allen.

While they do tend to have off games when the tackles/guards are simply more talented than them, they show up a lot of the time and make a lot of plays due to the no-quit attitude.

A D-line of Hali-Okoye-?-Allen would NEVER stop getting after the QB.

Okoye is Herm type of player concerning his ability and his passion for the game

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2006, 07:21 PM
This is the first mock I've seen that didn't have the Chiefs taking a OT, DT or WR.

The names I keep seeing regularly are Levi Brown (OT) DeMarcus Tyler (DT) and in the mocks that have us picking around 15, Ted Ginn Jr. or Dwayne Jarrett.

I think I've even seen Steve Smith's name pop up once.

Tribal Warfare
12-20-2006, 07:35 PM
This is the first mock I've seen that didn't have the Chiefs taking a OT, DT or WR.

The names I keep seeing regularly are Levi Brown (OT) DeMarcus Tyler (DT) and in the mocks that have us picking around 15, Ted Ginn Jr. or Dwayne Jarrett.

I think I've even seen Steve Smith's name pop up once.

Jarrett or Ginn would be great but Brown and Tyler are second round talent prospects that will be selected in the 1st. right now on the Amobi Okoye bandwagon

bogie
12-20-2006, 07:39 PM
mockmockmockmockmockmockmockmockmock

I sound like a duck

mockmockmockmockmockmockmockmockmockmockmockmock

A duck with a hair lip? Or should I say hair bill.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Here's a bunch of mocks......

Jarrett @ 21
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

DeMarcus Tyler @ 15
http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2007/mockdraft.shtml

Tyler @ 20
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

Levi Brown @ 20
http://www.draftnotebook.com/draft_projection.htm

Glenn Dorsey (DT) @ 20
http://www.draftboardinsider.com/mock/2007.html

Jarrett @ 21
http://nfldaily.com/2007_nfl_draft_predictions.htm

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Jarrett or Ginn would be great but Brown and Tyler are second round talent prospects that will be selected in the 1st. right now on the Amobi Okoye bandwagon

I"ll admit I know nothing about Okaye other than he's REALLY young. I thought I read somewhere that he was 16 his freshman year at Louisville.

He's not even listed on 4 of the mocks I posted, one has him at 13, one at 26.

I'm actually getting excited for April to roll around.......