PDA

View Full Version : OKAY, here's a question for Time Warner.........

chiefqueen
12-20-2006, 05:34 PM
If they don't want to put the NFL network on the standard tier because it is a "speciality" network, then what is the Golf Channel doing on the Standard Tier (ch. 66 in KC).

88TG88
12-20-2006, 05:36 PM
those bastards

big nasty kcnut
12-20-2006, 05:37 PM
How about lifetime or we or telemundo. They show them on regular tv but no nfl network.

DMAC
12-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Golf is a white mans sport...it's racist!!

DMAC
12-20-2006, 05:38 PM
How about lifetime or we or telemundo. They show them on regular tv but no nfl network.Time Warner is obviously owned by white women.

MichaelH
12-20-2006, 06:00 PM
I asked the same question when I inquired months ago about getting the NFL Network. Time Warner responded to me that they felt they provided adequate premium sports programming by providing the GOLF channel and the Outdoor channel free as part of my premium digital package. I don't miss Time Warner one bit.

tk13
12-20-2006, 06:04 PM
I would guess they aren't charging nearly as much as the NFL network wants. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but just based on sheer popularity of the sports... I'm sure the Golf Channel would charge less just to get the publicity... while the NFL Network wants to be up in your face and bending you over at the same time.

milkman
12-20-2006, 06:06 PM
I asked the same question when I inquired months ago about getting the NFL Network. Time Warner responded to me that they felt they provided adequate premium sports programming by providing the GOLF channel and the Outdoor channel free as part of my premium digital package. I don't miss Time Warner one bit.

So they consider golf and hunting adequate substitutes for the number one sport in America?

Freakin' morons.

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 06:13 PM
So they consider golf and hunting adequate substitutes for the number one sport in America?

Freakin' morons.
Hey, they're the cable company. They can do what they want.

TopJet2
12-20-2006, 07:00 PM
So, TW should put the nfl network on regular cable so they have to charge every subscriber five dollars more a month..,............... the only reason the nfl network wants it on regular cable is that they get paid by subscriber from both the cable companies and the advertisers. More people have regular cable than digital.. Whats more fair? The people like us who want and will pay for the nfl network paying more a month or everyone having to.

Skip Towne
12-20-2006, 07:13 PM
So, TW should put the nfl network on regular cable so they have to charge every subscriber five dollars more a month..,............... the only reason the nfl network wants it on regular cable is that they get paid by subscriber from both the cable companies and the advertisers. More people have regular cable than digital.. Whats more fair? The people like us who want and will pay for the nfl network paying more a month or everyone having to.
Directv put it on their basic package (including the games) and didn't raise the rates. Why should the cable companies be exempted?

2bikemike
12-20-2006, 07:16 PM

From what I understand the NFLN set their price at around .70 per subscriber. If TW wants to charge $5 it justifies the reason NFLN doesn't want it on a special tier.

Valiant
12-20-2006, 07:28 PM
From what I understand the NFLN set their price at around .70 per subscriber. If TW wants to charge $5 it justifies the reason NFLN doesn't want it on a special tier.

I guess it depends on which side you believe.. Basically both are trying to screw as much money out of the consumer like any other business..

As for the Golf and other channels no one watches I have the feeling they are practically free as opposed to what the nfl network wants...