PDA

View Full Version : If Peterson is fired, should/will Herm be retained?

FringeNC
12-21-2006, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't be sad if Peterson, Herm, and Gun were all gone. I'd keep Solari if possible. I don't think he's responsible for the game-plan, actually.

Mr. Laz
12-21-2006, 06:43 PM
depends on what other coaches are available

we don't want to pull a faider and have no options.

keep Edwards until you find another guy you want ... then fire him on the internet.

BigRock
12-21-2006, 06:47 PM
If Carl gets fired, who's getting his job? That's the big question. Whether Herm stays would probably come after the decision on a new GM.

Simplex3
12-21-2006, 06:47 PM
keep Edwards until you find another guy you want ... then fire him on the internet.
No, you put a bowl of antifreeze in his office. If he doesn't go for it you stab him in the face.

This place has really lost it's burst.

Bugeater
12-21-2006, 06:51 PM

Screw that, have a parrot fire him.

mcan
12-21-2006, 06:58 PM
I think Peterson plays out his current contract and retires. I also think we're stuck with Herm. Even Dick Vermeil made a big speech about "whomever takes over should get a full opportunity...." I think that means five years of no accountability for our current crop.

Deberg_1990
12-21-2006, 07:04 PM
If Carl gets fired, who's getting his job? That's the big question. Whether Herm stays would probably come after the decision on a new GM.

Ron Wolf??

PinkFloyd
12-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Clark will allow Carl to fill out his contract... I then see Carl just assuming the President/CEO spot...

Herm??? He's NOT going anywhere anytime soon... Don't be surprised if Solari isn't the one getting the ass canner around here... Gun will be kept though...

Deberg_1990
12-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Gun will be kept though...

That would be a mistake...

Simplex3
12-21-2006, 07:09 PM
That pretty much assures that it will happen.

PinkFloyd
12-21-2006, 07:15 PM

I imagine Gun will be given one more year to work it out... I just wish Herm would have left the offense like it was and just bomb the SOB down the field like Saunders...

I've said the term before and I'll say it again --------

Welcome Back To The 90's !!!!! It's going to be all D and no O !!!!

Reerun_KC
12-21-2006, 07:32 PM
I am biting my tongue on this one.....

Just going to leave it alone.

Deberg_1990
12-21-2006, 07:39 PM
I imagine Gun will be given one more year to work it out...

Why???? Its his 3rd year back and the defense while somewhat improved hasnt come far enough.

Ive seen enough of him to know its not ever going to work out.

DTLB58
12-21-2006, 07:58 PM

They had options, they just all turned Al down. Shell was the Raiders 7th or 8th choice. ROFL

PinkFloyd
12-21-2006, 08:04 PM
while somewhat improved

That's the only reason why... It's somewhat approved...

Maybe they should just make him linebacker coach and go get some wild crazy kick ass type of guy...

kcfanintitanhell
12-21-2006, 09:34 PM
If, and that's a big "if", Clark decides he has had enough of the five-year plan, and sends Carl out the door, I think a total purge is underway.
I am curious.. when CP assumed command, how many people under the old regime hung onto their jobs?

BWillie
12-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Carl Peterson is not going to get fired this year. If Carl Peterson gets fired this year, I will drink a bowl of antifreeze. No joke

Chiefs Pantalones
12-21-2006, 10:01 PM
I think Peterson plays out his current contract and retires. I also think we're stuck with Herm. Even Dick Vermeil made a big speech about "whomever takes over should get a full opportunity...." I think that means five years of no accountability for our current crop.

Great. Four more years of butt sex football.

TrickyNicky
12-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Ok, who would take over as GM if Carl resigned and stayed on as just the team President?

milkman
12-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Ok, who would take over as GM if Carl resigned and stayed on as just the team President?

:banghead:

Mr. Laz
12-21-2006, 11:24 PM
his best favorite lacky ....... denny thum

that might be worse than keeping carl ..... it would just give carl another excuse buffer so he could give the fans the big fat middle finger

CupidStunt
12-22-2006, 02:45 AM
It's unlikely that Peterson will be fired. But even if he is, and you want Herm gone, keep dreaming.

They have to pay coaches off, you know.

KurtCobain
12-22-2006, 02:48 AM
Carl Peterson is not going to get fired this year. If Carl Peterson gets fired this year, I will drink a bowl of antifreeze. No joke

I'm writing that one down too.

el borracho
12-22-2006, 02:52 AM
Herm probably deserves another year to see what he can do. Like I said many months ago, it is difficult to play any schemes well when your linemen suck. Herm gets a pass this year since his two starting tackles disappeared right before the season.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 08:08 AM
1) If Peterson gets fired, you can bet that the new GM will want to bring in his own guy.

2) The new GM will likely be Denny Thum or Bill Kuharich, which means their "own guy" will likely be HERM.

3) Carl isn't gonna get fired, so stop thinking about it. You're getting your hopes up for no reason.

BigRedChief
12-22-2006, 08:28 AM
3) Carl isn't gonna get fired, so stop thinking about it. You're getting your hopes up for no reason.
I agree. He ain't going anywhere no matter what SI says. He still needs to be gone and its good to whine on BB's but the reality is that we are stuck with King Carl and Herm for another 3 years at least.:shake:

wazu
12-22-2006, 10:47 AM
1) If Peterson gets fired, you can bet that the new GM will want to bring in his own guy.

2) The new GM will likely be Denny Thum or Bill Kuharich, which means their "own guy" will likely be HERM.

I'm so sick of this cast of characters. It's impossible not to hope. I'd like to see a new GM with no ties to the Chiefs organization. Somebody who would clean out the good ole boy network at One Arrowhead Drive.

I'd be fine with keeping Herm one more year if the GM forced him to play Croyle. Then he could fire Herm after setting up a good draft position and potentially developing a QBOTF.

ARROW2
12-22-2006, 10:56 AM
If the Chiefs make the playoffs, I will drink a bowl of antifreeze.............really.

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm so sick of this cast of characters. It's impossible not to hope. I'd like to see a new GM with no ties to the Chiefs organization. Somebody who would clean out the good ole boy network at One Arrowhead Drive.

I'd be fine with keeping Herm one more year if the GM forced him to play Croyle. Then he could fire Herm after setting up a good draft position and potentially developing a QBOTF.

I too would like to see completely fresh blood. I just don't see it happening.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2006, 11:44 AM
I too would like to see completely fresh blood. I just don't see it happening.

Lets just hope that Clark cinches up the jock strap and is man enough to what is right for the Chiefs and the Fans....

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Lets just hope that Clark cinches up the jock strap and is man enough to what is right for the Chiefs and the Fans....

It's hard to have any hope for this team anymore.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2006, 11:57 AM
It's hard to have any hope for this team anymore.

Are we talking about Iowa or the Chiefs?

htismaqe
12-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Are we talking about Iowa or the Chiefs?

Shit, I have worlds of hope for the Hawkeyes. They're a very young team and they're Top 10 recruiting class from a few years back are now juniors.

SLQ
12-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Doesn't matter who get's fired. None of them are doing the job they were hired to do.

Gun has been made to look good as a DC, not due to his ability but the ability of a select few players he had. Outstanding athletes will make anyone look good as well as their defensive strategy regardless of their actual ability to coach.

FloridaMan88
12-22-2006, 01:06 PM
If Bill Cowher is available I'd jump all over that

FloridaMan88
12-22-2006, 01:07 PM
And of course I continue to hold out hope for my 3 favorite people in football to become the face of the Chiefs... Vermeil as GM, Mike Martz as head coach and Al Saunders as offensive coordinator

pikesome
12-22-2006, 01:34 PM
And of course I continue to hold out hope for my 3 favorite people in football to become the face of the Chiefs... Vermeil as GM, Mike Martz as head coach and Al Saunders as offensive coordinator

I know you're not joking but I still hope. Vermeil is too loyal to his players to be a good GM here. The consensus seems to be CP's problems are that his drafts have been lackluster and that he has been unwilling to take the steps necessary to put a winning team together. DV might be a better drafter (ok, probably) but I don't see him coming in and "cleaning house" with the players he just coached. Everyone seems to think that Martz is such a great coach but the way plays were called in STL makes me think that any ability he has must be tempered by a strong coach who could keep him from getting cute. I wouldn't want him to coach anything without a tight leash. Which brings up Al. Al had cuteness problems of his own as well as an ego that shouldn't be anywhere near Martz. It would be like storing your gas next to the strike-anywhere matches. All three might be good someplace just not here and for the Love of God not together.

FloridaMan88
12-22-2006, 02:21 PM
I know you're not joking but I still hope. Vermeil is too loyal to his players to be a good GM here. The consensus seems to be CP's problems are that his drafts have been lackluster and that he has been unwilling to take the steps necessary to put a winning team together. DV might be a better drafter (ok, probably) but I don't see him coming in and "cleaning house" with the players he just coached. Everyone seems to think that Martz is such a great coach but the way plays were called in STL makes me think that any ability he has must be tempered by a strong coach who could keep him from getting cute. I wouldn't want him to coach anything without a tight leash. Which brings up Al. Al had cuteness problems of his own as well as an ego that shouldn't be anywhere near Martz. It would be like storing your gas next to the strike-anywhere matches. All three might be good someplace just not here and for the Love of God not together.

I'm not completely serious on Vermeil as GM, although I'd love to see him in some front office capacity with the Chiefs, but I'm dead-on serious about wanting Mike Martz to be the head coach and Al Saunders to return as assistant head coach/offensive coordinator.