PDA

View Full Version : KC Star Editorial-off topic but

HonestChieffan
12-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Today the redStar ran an editorial written by a Muslim woman bemoaning the fact that America is generally insensitive and that our constant celebration of Christmas impacts her as much as it would most of us if we went to a store and they cheerfully greeted us with "Happy Ramadan"

Im generally tolerant and generally dont get upset easily over such things but it has burned my butt all day.

She and that creep Lewis Diewgood can kiss my ass for Christmas.

This message approved by HonestChief and I am responsible for its content.

Merry Chistmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2006, 06:19 PM
If I moved to a Muslim country, and was greeted with Happy Ramadan, then so be it. I wouldn't expect them to change for me.

She chose to live here. **** that.

Hell, I already need to learn Spanish just to get by day to day........

That outta get this thread rolling.......

Mr. Laz
12-22-2006, 06:26 PM
wouldn't "impact" me if somebody said happy Ramada inn to me at the store.

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2006, 06:27 PM
wouldn't "impact" me if somebody said happy Ramada inn to me at the store.

ROFL

pikesome
12-22-2006, 09:12 PM
While I was in Dubai during my Navy time, we were told that they could/would throw people in jail for smoking in public or consuming food or water during Ramadingdong. The master-at-arms I knew said they didn't real hold people just hassled you or, if they felt like it, take you down to the station then called your ship. Muslim countries don't seem to have a good concept of religious freedom, it would be best to not point fingers on this issue on their part.

keg in kc
12-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Christmas is much more about the almighty dollar than the randomly closen date (actually it's not random, as I recall. IIRC christians simply took over the date of a pagan holiday) to celebrate the birth of a mythical savior, so I'm not sure what she has to complain about.

pikesome
12-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Christmas is much more about the almighty dollar than the randomly closen date (actually it's not random, as I recall. IIRC christians simply took over the date of a pagan holiday) to celebrate the birth of a mythical savior, so I'm not sure what she has to complain about.

Christmas is what you make it. Some get religious, some get greedy, some just say Bah Humbug. It was always about family get-togethers when I was younger.

keg in kc
12-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Christmas is what you make it. Some get religious, some get greedy, some just say Bah Humbug. It was always about family get-togethers when I was younger.I'm more of the bah humbug type myself, but it's because I'm always alone during this time of year, I'm not religious, and I don't have much money to give gifts. However, this year's a little different. My sister's getting married in early January, so I'm flying to Hawaii with my girlfriend for a week right after New Year's. Her first time meeting the family, poor girl. Will also be the first time I've seen my whole family since, I think, 2002.

Orlandochiefsgrl
12-22-2006, 11:20 PM
She will be raped and beheaded for reading an American newspaper with no scarf covering her naked exposed eyes, and for speaking of Christmas which implies packages in front of men.

12-22-2006, 11:33 PM
If I moved to a Muslim country, and was greeted with Happy Ramadan, then so be it. I wouldn't expect them to change for me.

She chose to live here. **** that.

Hell, I already need to learn Spanish just to get by day to day........

That outta get this thread rolling.......
that has been my outlook. It is America. If I go to your country, I plan to take the time to somewhat learn your language and recognize your customs. I expect the same from people coming here.

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2006, 11:46 PM
that has been my outlook. It is America. If I go to your country, I plan to take the time to somewhat learn your language and recognize your customs. I expect the same from people coming here.

And they expect to come here and have us adapt to them.....

There's a fast food place near me that I used to enjoy, but had to quit going....between the drive through speaker and the broken english. They fired all the high school kids and hired a bunch of 20-something foreigners.

I'm not even sure why we have borders, at this point.

Sorry, this really just pisses me off.....

12-22-2006, 11:48 PM
And they expect to come here and have us adapt to them.....

There's a fast food place near me that I used to enjoy, but had to quit going....between the drive through speaker and the broken english. They fired all the high school kids and hired a bunch of 20-something foreigners.

I'm not even sure why we have borders, at this point.

Sorry, this really just pisses me off.....
Borders? You wanna talk borders? I just hope we can keep our language! - Jim Mora Sr.

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Borders? You wanna talk borders? I just hope we can keep our language! - Jim Mora Sr.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Now that's ****ing funny right there.....