PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green's arm

cdcox
12-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Watching Green the big difference from last year is that his arm is weaker. Is it due to age or atrophy from rehabbing he noggin? We won't know for sure until next season. That leaves 8-9 months to speculate.

elvomito
12-23-2006, 09:41 PM
i'd say old, or a combination of both. mandatory relaxation must have turned some of his muscle to flab

milkman
12-23-2006, 09:41 PM
To me it's his footwork.

Green isn't blessed with an exceptionally strong arm, but his passes were more accurate and had some zip in them when he stepped into the throws with authority.

He isn't doing that now.
His step is tentative, and he somtimes just simply throws off his back foot.

Deberg_1990
12-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Is it just me of does his release look different? Looks like he is releasing at a different angle....

Silock
12-23-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't know, but I do know that we for sure need to have open competition in training camp at the QB position.

ROYC75
12-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Is it just me of does his release look different? Looks like he is releasing at a different angle....

Bingo, He is . As he drops back to set up, he is off balance and many times he has the tip of the ball down as he holds it. He's allowing himself to throw low when he doesn't want to. QB coach Shea needs to watch him.......

He is clicking, seriously. The swing passes are horrible..... he can't hit LJ in stride . He never threw like this to Priest. Is LJ too fast, NO. Trent and LJ are not on the same page on this play.

Now the age question does come into play next year.......

dirk digler
12-23-2006, 10:03 PM
I hate to say it but he looks old to me.

cdcox
12-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Bingo, He is . As he drops back to set up, he is off balance and many times he has the tip of the ball down as he holds it. He's allowing himself to throw low when he doesn't want to. QB coach Shea needs to watch him.......

He is clicking, seriously. The swing passes are horrible..... he can't hit LJ in stride . He never threw like this to Priest. Is LJ too fast, NO. Trent and LJ are not on the same page on this play.

Now the age question does come into play next year.......

Green has been off, but on the swing pass, I think LJ runs crap patterns. He really doesn't look smooth or present a good target. On the swing pass I put 40% of the blame on LJ and 60% on Trent.

Sully
12-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Someone should ask Hootie.

Halfcan
12-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Trent flubbed up several swing passes. Time to retire dude. Thanks for the memories.

blueballs
12-23-2006, 10:21 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhh
let's trade for Farve

Halfcan
12-23-2006, 10:27 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhh
let's trade for Farve

I know most hate Brett on here-but Trent has never came close to being as good. Green has made poor choices, bad passes, and seems like he has concrete in his shows when running. I hope he leaves before he gets hurt again.

Having Solari the worst OC in the NFl does not help him much.

Oh Snap
12-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Trent flubbed up several swing passes. Time to retire dude. Thanks for the memories.

Trent is holding our offense back. If the recievers could catch with their feet green would be in business.

boogblaster
12-23-2006, 10:34 PM
His timing is off thats for sure..his release is pointing down..throwing everything low....should do better next year..get back to basics in the off...

blueballs
12-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Vermeil said he was throwing low
to prevent ints
he does throw it in the dirt in bad situations
that others bitch about

UteChief
12-23-2006, 10:39 PM
I think it's a combination of age and poor line play.

PastorMikH
12-23-2006, 10:41 PM
The pressure from our nO Line is getting to Green. He's rushing passes, not able to step into passes (which a QB with a not-so-strong arm really needs to do) and getting hit way too much. Give Green a Pro-Bowl O-Line and he's a Pro-Bowl QB. Take that line away, and Green struggles.

That said, this is the NFL and Green needs to step up and play with the O-Line that's given him.

I would like to see what Croyle can do, but I don't think that will happen until the '07 preseason.

Archie Bunker
12-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Green's problems IMO

1. Not stepping into his throws(still gunshy)
2. Receivers that cant get any seperation
3. Patchwork O-line

Oh Snap
12-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Look. DV is a good person. But hes always been on trents jockstrap. Trent has lost a few noticeable steps this year. I saw it all through the preseason and it also reared its ugly head in the bengals game before he got injured. Its time to look towards the future. Time for brodie croyle!!!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RBj8J9qkh6U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RBj8J9qkh6U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Halfcan
12-23-2006, 10:50 PM
When he got sacked it looked like he just gave up, he took two Mickey Mouse steps then laid down. He is playing scared since he got back.

blueballs
12-23-2006, 10:51 PM
the sweat off Farve's balls
would have scrambled for a first down

Oh Snap
12-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Green has that deer in the headlights look about him. If he has a 'little' pressure in his face its like he freaks out and runs directly into the D-lineman. Like a blind bat. Like running directly into the defense is somehow going to help his chances.

Another thing green lacks is arm strength. Yes, hes never been blessed with great arm strength but he use to have more of a zip with his passes. Hes off target way to much. How many times have you seen it with green (our veteran QB) where he has had a WIDE OPEN reciever and when he throws the football its usually thrown well behind the reciever, or thrown short of the reciever??. Thats a problem that has emerged with green this year

PastorMikH
12-23-2006, 11:17 PM
How many times have you seen it with green (our veteran QB) where he has had a WIDE OPEN reciever and when he throws the football its usually thrown well behind the reciever, or thrown short of the reciever??. Thats a problem that has emerged with green this year

That might have something to do with the fact that when our Receivers are hit in the numbers they drop the ball. Perhaps Green realizes they do a better job of catching if they have to reach for it so he throws off mark on purpose.

:):)

Oh Snap
12-23-2006, 11:23 PM
what a well thought out conclusion!!!! BRILLIANT

Mecca
12-24-2006, 03:35 AM
I know most hate Brett on here-but Trent has never came close to being as good. Green has made poor choices, bad passes, and seems like he has concrete in his shows when running. I hope he leaves before he gets hurt again.

Brett Favre has more talent than Green does...he can stand flat flooted and put the ball in there Green can't do that.

Green's arm is what it is, if his footwork isn't perfect he will throw weak looking flutter balls. He needs perfect mechanics to look good and he isn't going to get that anymore behind this line.

ChiefsFanInSeattle
12-24-2006, 04:06 AM
Looking at that video of Brodie in college, I can't help thinking about what *COULD* be with him. Imagine Brodie on a play-action to LJ, then rolling out and throwing a bomb to someone fast like Webb - do that enough defenses would *NOT* be stacking 8 in the box anymore!

Hootie
12-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Someone should ask Hootie.
BINGO

Hootie
12-24-2006, 07:42 AM

Oh because we all know Brett Favre isn't king of the 'poor choice'!