PDA

View Full Version : Are The Raiders The Worst Team Ever? I Think So.

NaptownChief
12-24-2006, 08:48 AM
When football fans think back on NFL history and try to come up with the worst football teams ever the two that always come to mind are the Tampa Bay Bucs and New Orleans Saints when they first came into the league. Well it is fair to say that this Raiders team over the last four years has actually been worse then those two NFL clowns of comedy.

Here are the numbers:

TB first four years in the league= 71.6% losing percentage

NO first four years in the league= 71.4% losing percentage

Oakland the last four years= 75% or 77% losing percentage depending on week 17 at the Jets.

And to think that is being done in an era with a free agent market that didn't exist back then for TB or NO only adds to the amazing ineptitude of that franchise. We are truly witnessing history ladies and gentlemen and I don't believe it could have happen to a more deserving franchise

RNR
12-24-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks Nap really thanks! I just got back from the bathroom throwing up what was a real good breakfast, I will now grab the shot of whiskey on the left side of my laptop, the 357 on the right side and reread your post...nice knowing you.

:banghead: :)

Believer
12-24-2006, 09:00 AM
nah, at least the Raiders have a semblence, sometimes, if you half close your eyes, of a sorta kinda defense.

i myself watched some really horrific Bills and Patriots teams of the early 70's that had horrific offenses and even worse defenses. losing 35-3 regularly etc.

NaptownChief
12-24-2006, 09:14 AM
nah, at least the Raiders have a semblence, sometimes, if you half close your eyes, of a sorta kinda defense.

i myself watched some really horrific Bills and Patriots teams of the early 70's that had horrific offenses and even worse defenses. losing 35-3 regularly etc.

There have been some really bad teams in history for a year or two but nobody has been able to string together really rotten teams for four straight years. That takes serious effort to pull that off.

NaptownChief
12-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Just noticed that the 91-94 Bungals actually deserve serious consideration as they posted a 78% losing percentage during that four year stretch with Sam Wyche and Dave Shula.

milkman
12-24-2006, 09:23 AM
How do the Lions compare over the last 4 years?

ROYC75
12-24-2006, 09:54 AM
ROFL Damn, Joe is still kicking the Raiders down even more........

FTR, worst team ever ? No, TB still has that one.

Over a 4 year peroid ? Yeah, you are on to something here.

FTR, Oakland has talent, with the continued early draft picks, they are only going to continue to get better. Their D is deserving of their grade now, of which will continue to get better.

Seriously, what is wrong with the Raiders now is chemisty and a HC. If Oakland had an offense, they would be serious contenders.

NaptownChief
12-24-2006, 09:58 AM
How do the Lions compare over the last 4 years?

Even if they drop their last two games this year they will be at 68.75% losing percentage...So they look good by comparison. However, 2001-2004 Lions are one of the worst. They are at 75% so the Raiders need to lose to the Jets next week to top that stretch.

NaptownChief
12-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Seriously, what is wrong with the Raiders now is chemisty and a HC.

When you have to go back 4 years since you last beat a team in your division the list of things that are wrong is quite extensive. Can you imagine going over 3 years without beating a division rival even once? ROFL

Dark Horse
12-24-2006, 10:11 AM
I wonder if Art Shell would like to come back and coach offensive line for us next year.

NaptownChief
12-24-2006, 10:16 AM
I wonder if Art Shell would like to come back and coach offensive line for us next year.

ROFL

With the way he has coached theirs I'm not so sure we would want him.

Dark Horse
12-24-2006, 10:20 AM
ROFL

With the way he has coached theirs I'm not so sure we would want him.

You have a point.

Mr. Laz
12-24-2006, 10:38 AM
don't think so

raider defense is 4th in the league ...... WITH that stinky offense.

el borracho
12-24-2006, 12:39 PM
When you have to go back 4 years since you last beat a team in your division the list of things that are wrong is quite extensive. Can you imagine going over 3 years without beating a division rival even once? ROFL
Wow. :eek:

And the Raidurrs are so far behind teams like San Diego and Denver that the streak is likely to continue next year.

Easy 6
12-24-2006, 12:54 PM
I would think the Saints up until this year deserve some kind of dishonorable mention as worst team ever.

Deberg_1990
12-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Bob Ryan is a great coach. Love the hair too.