PDA

View Full Version : Playoff picture- Who do we cheer for? Bengals or Broncos

WEIRDWOLF
12-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Some of them are obvious but Bengals Doncs and Titans-Bills??

LanceHunter
12-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Don't forget Jacksonville , I just can't bring myself to root for Denver, I hate them more than the Raiders .

KCinNY
12-24-2006, 01:07 PM
No self respecting Chiefs fan will ever root for the cheatin' donx....period.

CupidStunt
12-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Root for Denver because then you need SF to beat Denver.

Cincy winning means NYJ need to lose two... won't happen.

Cincy wins = we sit at home.

RINGLEADER
12-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Root for Denver because then you need SF to beat Denver.

Cincy winning means NYJ need to lose two... won't happen.

Cincy wins = we sit at home.

We need the Jets and Cincy to lose BOTH of their final games (since we lose the tie-breakers to both of them we need to finish with a better record). Or we need the Jets to lose BOTH of their final games and the Broncos to lose their final game next week if we're to back in with the Bengals into the post-season.

If the Jets win on Monday night and the Bengals win today then we're out. If the Jets lose on Monday night then I'd prefer a Bengals win since I think it's quite likely that the Broncos win next week at home against the Niners and the Bengals win next week at home against the Steelers.

So the short-term view is probably to root for the Broncos and hope that both the Bengals and Broncos lose next week. But in either scenario we need the Jets to lose their last two games and a Cincy win today would (if you assume the Chiefs beat Jacksonville next week) effectively eliminates the Broncos from the post-season.

RINGLEADER
12-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Look at who would have to win in Week 17 based on the following assumptions of who wins today (and the assumption that the Chiefs win next week and the other 7-7 teams each have one more loss):

Denver wins today -- The Jets have to lose last two games or Cincy and Denver have to lose their last game next week.

Cincy wins today -- The Jets have to lose last two games.

StcChief
12-24-2006, 01:39 PM
We don't deserve to back into anything....

Let's get the 2007 looks now. Start Croyle vs. Jags