PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL KC Chiefs playoff scenario thread

Hammock Parties
12-24-2006, 06:46 PM
In order to qualify for the playoffs the Chiefs must have the following happen:

Chiefs beat the Jacksonville Jaguars.

San Francisco 49ers beat Denver Broncos.

Pittsburgh Steelers beat Cincinatti Bengals.

Patriots beat Tennessee Titans.

The other scenario involves the New York Jets, but they have to lose to the Raiders.

GoodDaySir!
12-24-2006, 06:48 PM
GL HF.

mcan
There is already a thread of about 100 replies on this topic, but I'll go ahead and repost the big picture scenerio.

If Miami wins Monday

week 17)
Pitt @ Cin <-- Need this and/or Oakland Win
Jack @ KC <-- MUST HAPPEN
Oak @ NYJ <-- Need this and/or Pitt Win
NE @ Ten <-- MUST HAPPEN
SF @ Den <-- Need this if either Cin or Jets win
--------------------------------------------------------------
If NYJ win on Monday

week 17)
Pitt @ Cin <-- MUST HAPPEN
Jack @ KC <-- MUST HAPPEN
NE @ Ten <-- MUST HAPPEN
SF @ Den <-- MUST HAPPEN

KCGridironBeast
The other scenario involves the New York Jets, but they have to lose to the Raiders.

Just out of curiousity, what would the situation be if the Jets lost to both Miami and Oakland, as improbable as that may be?

Hammock Parties
12-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Just out of curiousity, what would the situation be if the Jets lost to both Miami and Oakland, as improbable as that may be?

We'd just need the Bengals to lose.

KCGridironBeast
12-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Figures that every team we are relying on in Week 17 (assuming our pathetic Jefes beat the Jags) is playing on the road...

RedThat
12-24-2006, 06:53 PM
I dont think we're gonna make it because we have to rely on crappy teams to win on the road.

This is just like last year. No different. Same old Chiefs.

QuikSsurfer
12-24-2006, 06:53 PM
doesn't look good

Hammock Parties
12-24-2006, 06:54 PM
I dont think we're gonna make it because we have to rely on crappy teams to win on the road.

This is just like last year. No different. Same old Chiefs.

Ain't it grand?

Interestingly enough my 8-7 Chiefs in a Madden franchise face the same situation. Art imitates life!

DMAC
12-24-2006, 07:04 PM
We'd just need the Bengals to lose.Then it would be Chiefs and Donks in the wild card spots?

CupidStunt
12-24-2006, 07:06 PM

The 9ers winning is the only unlikely outcome. That team is dogshit.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2006, 07:07 PM
Then it would be Chiefs and Donks in the wild card spots?

Yes! ROFL

Deberg_1990
12-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Jaguars Vs Chiefs @ Arrowhead = Mediocrity Bowl 06!!

milkman
12-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Then it would be Chiefs and Donks in the wild card spots?

Just think, all it would take is for all of those impossible playoff scenarios to work, and two wins on the road by both the Donkeys and Chiefs in the playoffs, and the Chiefs would host the AFC Championship game against the Donks, for the chance to go to the SB>

WoooooHoooooo!

SB here we come!!!!!!!!

Hammock Parties
12-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Just think, all it would take is for all of those impossible playoff scenarios to work, and two wins on the road by both the Donkeys and Chiefs in the playoffs, and the Chiefs would host the AFC Championship game against the Donks, for the chance to go to the SB>

WoooooHoooooo!

SB here we come!!!!!!!!

That would be awesome.

DMAC
12-24-2006, 07:15 PM
That would be awesome.
Do you even need to say that would be awesome??? I think that is implied. :)

Reerun_KC
12-24-2006, 07:17 PM
So what happens when Jacksonville beats us on Sunday?

Then how do we get into the playoffs?

DMAC
12-24-2006, 07:18 PM

Then how do we get into the playoffs?Hope for a few flights to go down.

Hammock Parties

Some people would run like cowardly lions from the bootleg. I say BRING IT ON! I also want to play the Colts in the playoffs.

milkman

Not by me.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2006, 07:19 PM

Then how do we get into the playoffs?

With a full offseason that includes a great free agency period and draft.

tk13
12-24-2006, 07:20 PM
I didn't think we'd make it this far, but we're gonna make it to week 17 in the playoff picture. We need Frank Gore to explode.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2006, 07:21 PM
I didn't think we'd make it this far, but we're gonna make it to week 17 in the playoff picture. We need Frank Gore to explode.

If only we had beaten Denver...or Miami...or Cleveland. :deevee:

mcan
12-24-2006, 07:24 PM

There are ways we don't even need that. If the Jets lose tomorrow, then again against Oakland, 'Nati loses to Pit, and New England takes care of business, then Frank Gore just determines whether we are a six or a five seed.

Of course, Denver losing is much more probable than Oakland mustering a win @ New York. But I like the either/or option that a Miami win tomorrow gives us.

ROYC75
12-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Face it folks, we are fooked, have nbeen for several weeks....... There are homers and then there are some diehard homers........

Kinda like Carl and his fans, real fans and non real fans .........

Reerun_KC
12-24-2006, 07:28 PM
With a full offseason that includes a great free agency period and draft.

Wouldnt that be a sweet dream!

KC_Connection
12-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Kansas City Playoff Scenarios

*Assume a KC win for all possible scenarios

If the Jets win tomorrow against Miami, we need:
• Denver loss vs. San Francisco
• Cincinnati loss vs. Pittsburgh
• Tennessee loss vs. New England

This scenario would result in New York and Kansas City holding the #5 and #6 seeds, respectively.

If the Jets lose tomorrow against Miami, we need:

1st Scenario:
• New York loss vs. Oakland

This scenario would result in Kansas City and Denver holding the #5 and #6 seeds, respectively.

2nd Scenario:
• New York win vs. Oakland

This scenario would result in New York and Kansas City holding the #5 and #6 seeds, respectively

3rd Scenario:
• Tennessee win vs. New England

This scenario would result in Tennessee and Kansas City holding the #5 and #6 seeds, respectively.

4th Scenario:
• Cincinnati win vs. Pittsburgh

This scenario would result in Cincinnati and Kansas City holding the #5 and #6 seeds, respectively.

5th Scenario:
• Denver win vs. San Francisco

This scenario would result in Denver and Kansas City holding the #5 and #6 seeds, respectively.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2006, 07:38 PM

If all that happens, we don't need the 49ers to beat the Broncos. We'd be 5 while if the Broncos won they'd be 6.

milkman
12-24-2006, 07:39 PM
With Tennesee in the playoff mix, while Sean Payton should win Coach of the year, Jeff Fisher really deserves strong consideration.

Did anyone think that the Titans would win more than 4 or 5 games before the season started?

Hammock Parties
12-24-2006, 07:39 PM
If all that happens, we don't need the 49ers to beat the Broncos. We'd be 5 while if the Broncos won they'd be 6.

No. We have to have the tiebreaker on the Broncos. The Jets are going to the playoffs, so there's one spot left.

mcan
12-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Kansas City Playoff Scenarios

*Assume a KC win for all possible scenarios

If the Jets win tomorrow against Miami, we need:

This scenario would result in New York and Kansas City holding the #5 and #6 seeds, respectively.

If the Jets lose tomorrow against Miami, we need:

1st Scenario:

This scenario would result in Kansas City and Denver holding the #5 and #6 seeds, respectively.

2nd Scenario:
• New York win vs. Oakland

This scenario would result in New York and Kansas City holding the #5 and #6 seeds, respectively

3rd Scenario:
• Tennessee win vs. New England

This scenario would result in Tennessee and Kansas City holding the #5 and #6 seeds, respectively.

4th Scenario:
• Cincinnati win vs. Pittsburgh

This scenario would result in Cincinnati and Kansas City holding the #5 and #6 seeds, respectively.

5th Scenario:
• Denver win vs. San Francisco

This scenario would result in Denver and Kansas City holding the #5 and #6 seeds, respectively.

Nice job spelling it all out. We should all be pushing for Miami tomorrow so we have more than one shot at it. :clap:

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2006, 07:49 PM
So no matter how you slice it, the Jets have to lose next week and/or the Donkeys have to lose next week. So we're ****ed, is what what you're really trying to say.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2006, 07:50 PM
So no matter how you slice it, the Jets have to lose next week and/or the Donkeys have to lose next week. So we're ****ed, is what what you're really trying to say.

I believe in a man named Frank Gore.

C-Mac
12-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Nice job spelling it all out. We should all be pushing for Miami tomorrow so we have more than one shot at it. :clap:

Yes.
Not to mention that I'm in my FFL Championship game and Miami is my D
:D

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2006, 07:51 PM
The chances are pretty good that Denver and the Jets will win next week, so...

who should we pick up next year in the draft and free agency?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2006, 07:55 PM
I believe in a man named Frank Gore.

Do you think the 49ers can stop the great Jay Cutler?

teedubya
12-24-2006, 07:57 PM
What chiefs need for playoffs.

http://www.yankeecruisah.com/pic/street_seen/hell_freezes_over.jpg

chiefqueen
12-24-2006, 08:01 PM
I watched the Steelers game today, the only reason why Pittsburgh scored was due to an extremely poor use of a timeout by the Ravens.

crispystl
12-24-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm a self admitted huge homer but anything can happen and I've got my fingers crossed. Is ther any way we can get in with a denver win??

Hammock Parties
12-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Is ther any way we can get in with a denver win??

It would require a Raider win.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm a self admitted huge homer but anything can happen and I've got my fingers crossed. Is ther any way we can get in with a denver win??

Yes. Cincy, Tennessee, and New York would all have to lose though.

Below is the scenarios.

RedThat
12-24-2006, 08:25 PM

We can still get in if Denver wins.

We just need help, and LOTS of it.

We need to win against Jacksonville obviously.

Tennessee has to lose to New England.

Pittsburgh has to win against Cincy.

Jets need to lose their next 2 games against both the Dolphins and Raiders.

*Thats a lot of help. And it could happen. I just dont like the Raiders to beat the Jets on the road.

KC_Connection
12-24-2006, 08:27 PM
What can I say? I have nothing else to do right now, and I'm pretty bored. Atleast I'll have a reference now if any of those things actually start to occur next weekend.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I guess I could probably see the Jets losing. Because while the Raiders are poor on offense, they are damn good on defense. They're better on defense than the Bills, and the Bills shut the Jets down three weeks ago.

crispystl
12-24-2006, 08:28 PM
O.k. Thanks I finally figured it out looking at the scenarios but I've had a little to drink so it took me a minute.

KC_Connection
12-24-2006, 08:30 PM
I guess I could probably the Jets losing. Because while the Raiders are poor on offense, they are damn good on defense. They're better on defense than the Bills, and the Bills shut the Jets down three weeks ago.
For all the talk at how bad the Raiders are (and they are pretty bad), they nearly beat the Broncos twice, and Chargers once, solely because of their defense.

Reerun_KC
12-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Okay homers say Hell did freeze over and the Chiefs made the playoffs?

What the hell is the pathetic coached team going to do? They arent going to beat anybody on the road, let alone be actually competative for the game?

Are you that loyal to Carl that you are wishing the playoffs, so you can send more money to him and the hunts?

Good lord that last thing I want this shitty coach and team to do is make the playoffs and further embarrase the city of KC....

Come one think alittle....

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2006, 08:34 PM
For all the talk at how bad the Raiders are (and they are pretty bad), they nearly beat the Broncos twice, and Chargers once, solely because of their defense.

Yes. And it's quite possible that the Dolphins beat the Jets tomorrow night, because they have a pretty stout defense as well, and I think Pennington is a below average QB. I see a low scoring game tomorrow night, with hopefully the home team prevailing.

RedThat
12-24-2006, 08:36 PM
I guess I could probably see the Jets losing. Because while the Raiders are poor on offense, they are damn good on defense. They're better on defense than the Bills, and the Bills shut the Jets down three weeks ago.

I agree. Their defense is pretty darn good.

I just wish they had Moss, Porter, and L.Jordan playing.

RedThat
12-24-2006, 08:38 PM

What the hell is the pathetic coached team going to do? They arent going to beat anybody on the road, let alone be actually competative for the game?

Are you that loyal to Carl that you are wishing the playoffs, so you can send more money to him and the hunts?

Good lord that last thing I want this shitty coach and team to do is make the playoffs and further embarrase the city of KC....

You never know, you make the playoffs anything can happen?

It's the NFL. Seriously, just say they make the playoffs and play the best game of their lives? I know we've been a bad road team, but...all it takes is 1 REALLY good game. It could do a lot for this teams confidence.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2006, 08:39 PM

I'm a pissed-off fan as well man, but I'm still a fan. If that makes any sense. :)

chiefqueen
12-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Gee, if the game gets play @ Noon do you think King Carl will allow scores from other games to be posted???

:hmmm:

crispystl
12-24-2006, 08:40 PM

Well personally as a true fan I'll take my chances on one extra shot.Just speaking as a fan that loves the Chiefs at least that would be one more game I got to see them play in my lifetime.

Reerun_KC
12-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Well you know, I am just as big as a fan as the rest of us. I havent missed a game since 1989, On TV. I dont go (not that true of a fan).

But I am also a realist. What have they done to warrant a playoff birth?

I would love to see them make a superbowl run and title, but dang we are pathetic.. we would get run out by any of the top 5 teams in the AFC... It wouldnt be pretty...

KC_Connection
12-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Gee, if the game gets play @ Noon do you think King Carl will allow scores from other games to be posted???

:hmmm:
I was at the Chiefs-Cinci game last year, no scores on the Pittsburgh-Lions game were posted, I had to find out that we were eliminated on my phone.

Reerun_KC
12-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Have a merry Christmas everyone...

I am done for the night, off to watch the 1994 chiefs playoffs on vhs....

Should be a good night.. Enjoy!

crispystl
12-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Well you know, I am just as big as a fan as the rest of us. I havent missed a game since 1989, On TV. I dont go (not that true of a fan).

But I am also a realist. What have they done to warrant a playoff birth?

I would love to see them make a superbowl run and title, but dang we are pathetic.. we would get run out by any of the top 5 teams in the AFC... It wouldnt be pretty...

I hear ya dude no beef.

Skip Towne
12-24-2006, 08:54 PM
I'd like to see us in a playoff game as much as anybody. But realistically, we would get squashed like a grape by ANY of the other playoff teams. We just are not a very good team.

Rain Man
12-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Suuuuuuuuper Bowwwwwwwwwl!

mcan
12-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Let's assume that every team in the NFL has a 50/50 chance of winning or losing their respective games on any Sunday. Of course, that's not really true for teams like Oakland, but lets just assume it for now. Let's also assume that the Chiefs will beat the Jags next week.

If the Jets win tomorrow, we need three games to go our way next week: SF/Den; Pitt/Cin; NE/Tenn.
----There are only 8 ways for those 3 games to play out. That makes us a 7:1 dog or 12.5% to make the playoffs.

If the Jets lose tomorrow, we need any one of five different scenerios to play out among four games (the three above, and Oak@NYJ).
----There are 16 ways for those 4 games to play out. 5 of those scenerios get us in. That makes us a 11:5 dog, or 31% to make the playoffs.

Of course, 4 out of 5 of the second tier scenerios include the Jets losing to Oakland, which is hardly a 50/50.

CHIEF4EVER
12-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Food for thought.....Herm leaves the Jets and they go to the playoffs.......:hmmm:

Coincidence?

chiefbowe82
12-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Is this a playoff route:
Chiefs over Jags
Patriots over Titans
Dolphins over Jets
Raiders over Jets

tk13
12-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Food for thought.....Herm leaves the Jets and they go to the playoffs.......:hmmm:

Coincidence?
The real "coincidence" is Pennington's stayed healthy. After they probably make it this year... they'll have 4 playoff appearances in the last 6 years... 3 with Herm, 1 with Mangini, and the two years they didn't make the playoffs, Pennington got hurt.

PriestMVP31
12-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Is this a playoff route:
Chiefs over Jags
Patriots over Titans
Dolphins over Jets
Raiders over Jets

youd have to add either a Cincy loss or a Denver loss.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2006, 11:51 PM
The real "coincidence" is Pennington's stayed healthy. After they probably make it this year... they'll have 4 playoff appearances in the last 6 years... 3 with Herm, 1 with Mangini, and the two years they didn't make the playoffs, Pennington got hurt.

TRENT GREEN SUCKS!

GROB
12-24-2006, 11:53 PM
TRENT GREEN SUCKS!
Boob, your bailing on your boy now?

CoMoChief
12-25-2006, 12:11 AM

3 out of the 4 could very well happen. I don't see DEN losing to SF in any way shape or form.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-25-2006, 12:14 AM
It would be funny if we did get in, as opposed to last year when all we needed was one team to lose.

Discuss Thrower
12-25-2006, 12:42 AM
It would be funny if we did get in, as opposed to last year when all we needed was one team to lose.

Think of it more as we needed Detriot to win. That makes me feel a bit better.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-25-2006, 12:44 AM
Think of it more as we needed Detriot to win. That makes me feel a bit better.
ROFL

BigRedChief
12-25-2006, 08:09 AM

any two of the following scenarios will eliminate the Chiefs:

• Kansas City loses to Jacksonville

• Denver (9-6) beats San Francisco (6-9) next week

• Cincinnati (8-7) beats Pittsburgh (7-8) next week

• Tennessee (8-7) beats the Patriots (11-4) next week

• The Jets (8-6) beat Miami tonight (6-8) or Oakland (2-13) next week.

If Miami beats the Jets tonight, and the Chiefs beat Jacksonville, three of the following events would put the Chiefs in the playoffs:

• San Francisco beats Denver

• Pittsburgh beats Cincinnati

• Oakland beats New York

• Tennessee loses to the Patriots.

Chief Pote
12-25-2006, 10:41 AM

Pennington's stats do not lead me to believe that he was the difference with this team. The difference is that they don't have shitty Herm and his play calling. IMO, as long as we have Herm, we have an average team. We will need luck to make the playoffs this year and any year.

Chad Pennington passing yards 2958
passing attempts 426 completions 277
TDs 15
Ints 16
Passer rating 81.3

Halfcan
12-25-2006, 01:05 PM
There was no way the NFL was going to let the Bungles beat the CHeatin Donks. Illegal shift on a 70 yard TD. Damm the Refs are cheats this year.

ChiTown
12-25-2006, 01:21 PM
If we had beat fuggin Cleveland (like everyone has) then all we have to do is win next week at home.

What a load of crap this season turned in to..........

oh and, Merry Christmas.

milkman
12-25-2006, 01:24 PM
What a load of crap this season turned in to..........

And that's different, how?

Halfcan
12-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Here is the ****Official**** Playoff scenerio.

Step 1 Hell Freezes over.
Step 2 All other teams die of frostbite.
Step 3 Chiefs are in.

Chief Pote
12-25-2006, 01:29 PM
And that's different, how?

None at all. I think they're not making the playoffs because of all of the parties that would happen as a result. I just hope they make it before I get too old to party.

TinyEvel
12-25-2006, 01:58 PM
So, we have a chance then?
(lol)

How different would it be if we had won ONE more game (MIA, @DEN, CLE)?

GROB
12-25-2006, 06:01 PM
There was no way the NFL was going to let the Bungles beat the CHeatin Donks. Illegal shift on a 70 yard TD. Damm the Refs are cheats this year.
Classic queef fan analysis, blame the refs or coach.

Easy 6
12-25-2006, 06:09 PM

MAN!!! You have just made it your mission to troll here like nobodys business havent you.

Make it now 2 decent games by your new Lord & Saviour & you are ready to talk smack til doomsday huh!!!

Were it not for a muffed snap you have NO IDEA what could have happened, quit acting like dinveer has it all figured out. That kid has a LONG way to go.

For some reason you get away with more BS here than anyone since i've been around, dinveer NEVER HAS & NEVER WILL dominate KC, so quit acting like some jackoff dolt fan.

sedated
12-25-2006, 06:11 PM

pfft, looks whose talking

GROB
12-25-2006, 07:00 PM
MAN!!! You have just made it your mission to troll here like nobodys business havent you.

Make it now 2 decent games by your new Lord & Saviour & you are ready to talk smack til doomsday huh!!!

Were it not for a muffed snap you have NO IDEA what could have happened, quit acting like dinveer has it all figured out. That kid has a LONG way to go.

For some reason you get away with more BS here than anyone since i've been around, dinveer NEVER HAS & NEVER WILL dominate KC, so quit acting like some jackoff dolt fan.
Where did I say that Denver would of won anyway? If you read I mention that it would of most likely came down to the coin flip. But the stupid ref excuse is classic queef fan excuses. Bengals had plenty of chances and didn't capitolize. As far as Cutler I have never said he would guide them to the promised land this year but he has played as well as anyone could of asked and you are right his peak has a long way to go. Future is bright young OL, Young WR Marshall will be good, Young TE, Blue Chip prospect QB and all that is needed is a good RB. Fix the DL and S position and special teams and will be a threat. Lets see KC's O. OLD but good OL, OLD QB, Great RB, OLD WR and no other threat, Aging good TE but will cost some cheese in offseason. Take your pick but future is bright in mile high city.

dtebbe
12-25-2006, 07:09 PM
I'll make it simple:
http://205.234.148.98/~custgra6/stilletto%20450%20ruby%20slippers%20crop%20paint.jpg

KurtCobain
12-25-2006, 07:13 PM
So, we have a chance then?
(lol)

How different would it be if we had won ONE more game (MIA, @DEN, CLE)?

We'd be on top. All we'd have to do is beat jax at home.

cdcox
12-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Where did I say that Denver would of won anyway? If you read I mention that it would of most likely came down to the coin flip. But the stupid ref excuse is classic queef fan excuses. Bengals had plenty of chances and didn't capitolize. As far as Cutler I have never said he would guide them to the promised land this year but he has played as well as anyone could of asked and you are right his peak has a long way to go. Future is bright young OL, Young WR Marshall will be good, Young TE, Blue Chip prospect QB and all that is needed is a good RB. Fix the DL and S position and special teams and will be a threat. Lets see KC's O. OLD but good OL, OLD QB, Great RB, OLD WR and no other threat, Aging good TE but will cost some cheese in offseason. Take your pick but future is bright in mile high city.

RB shouldn't be a problem given the RB tree that grows in Denver. I think we'd all agree that anything less than a Lomardi next year would be a colosal failure of a season.

Easy 6
12-25-2006, 07:24 PM

Well i dont think :arrow: 's future is as dim as you & some here believe.

OL - We are 1 decent player away from having ATLEAST a B+ O line.

QB - Despite what others here think, i believe Huard can ATLEAST match cutler & livers for the next 2 years. Thats if Trent retires, if he doesnt i KNOW he can match 2 young but talented QB's. An offseason would prolly do wonders for Trent.

WR - We have 1 starter thats getting old, yet still capable of being productive & some young guys that could really surprise like Webb. I would bet the bank that we have a true #1 stud next year.

TE - Tony never did have great speed & doesnt need it now. Its all about routes, body control & hands. Look at guys like Coates, Sharpe, Walls etc. TG still gets it done better than 9/10.

D - Were in the 13th or 14th range now & it will only get better as we add new/young talent,

So, as you can see, our future is also bright & we will be more than a match for Dinveer for many a moon.

milkman
12-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Well i dont think :arrow: 's future is as dim as you & some here believe.

OL - We are 1 decent player away from having ATLEAST a B+ O line.
Shields will probably retire, and Weigman is unsuited to the Hermie style offense.
Black has only been adequte, at best, as RT is still a question mark.

QB - Despite what others here think, i believe Huard can ATLEAST match cutler & livers for the next 2 years. Thats if Trent retires, if he doesnt i KNOW he can match 2 young but talented QB's. An offseason would prolly do wonders for Trent.

Neither Huard or Green is the future at QB.

WR - We have 1 starter thats getting old, yet still capable of being productive & some young guys that could really surprise like Webb. I would bet the bank that we have a true #1 stud next year.

Again, you are talking about an old guy that has nothing to do with the future.
And where is this true #1 stud coming from.
Webb can't even break into the rotation of the sorryass group we have now.

TE - Tony never did have great speed & doesnt need it now. Its all about routes, body control & hands. Look at guys like Coates, Sharpe, Walls etc. TG still gets it done better than 9/10.

Once again confusing the future with the present.
Tony might have a few good years, but he isn't the future.

D - Were in the 13th or 14th range now & it will only get better as we add new/young talent,

So, as you can see, our future is also bright & we will be more than a match for Dinveer for many a moon.

The defense might have a future.
Depends on the offseason approach.

But the reality is that this team has a long way to go before we can think that the future is bright.

Easy 6
12-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Shields will probably retire, and Weigman is unsuited to the Hermie style offense.

But the reality is that this team has a long way to go before we can think that the future is bright.

OK, I give...we will always suck.

I could argue back but it wont change a thing, suffice it to say that i believe we are not as far off the mark as you think.

At the least, our future is as bright as Dinveers.

OldTownChief
12-25-2006, 08:16 PM

I was thinking about this the other day and you couldn't be closer to the truth. It's incredibly depressing as a Chiefs fan to think about the near future of this team. Too many holes to even begin to fill without new ones springing all over the dam as we go throughout the next few years. I want a 100% total rebuild. But as i said, it's far too depressing for me to even think about.

This team is pretty much dead to me after the Cleveland game. Any talk of playoffs after that point in time has been totally idiotic.

DenverChief
12-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Any talk of playoffs after that point in time has been totally idiotic.

Any given sunday my friend that is why they line up to play the games otherwise why not just hand the playoffs to the teams that qualify today? I mean seriously if there is still a chance then you should be pulling for the Chiefs not just waiting for next year

OldTownChief
12-25-2006, 08:58 PM
I mean seriously if there is still a chance then you should be pulling for the Chiefs not just waiting for next year

I was pulling for the Chiefs right up until the point in the season when their only chance to get into a playoff game was for other teams to win or lose so that an un-deserving Chiefs team could get in. I was foolishly pulling for them in the Cleveland game.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Go 49ers, Steelers, and New England!!!!

Rain Man
12-25-2006, 10:53 PM

So what you're saying is that we need to make the most of this opportunity.

StcChief
12-25-2006, 10:54 PM
So with Jets W we can put this false hope BS to rest.

Hoping 2007 is better.

KcKing
12-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Go 49ers, Steelers, and New England!!!!

^^I'm on that bandwagon...

I'm already disappointed at this point...

I'll save the actual heartbreak and cursing until the math says no.

GROB
12-25-2006, 10:55 PM
So with Jets W we can put this false hope BS to rest.

Hoping 2007 is better.
The Jets aren't a very good team, I don't know how they got the record that they do.

58-4ever
12-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Bengals, Titans, and Broncos lose, we win, and we are in! Right?!

12-25-2006, 10:58 PM
IF N.Y. JETS BEAT MIAMI

Kansas City can clinch a playoff berth with:

* A win and a Cincinnati loss or tie and a Denver loss and a Tennessee loss or tie

CHIEF4EVER
12-25-2006, 10:58 PM
The Jets aren't a very good team, I don't know how they got the record that they do.

Because even at their lowest, they are better than the cheatin azz scumbag donks.

DMAC
12-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Next week is going to be very stressful.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-25-2006, 11:10 PM
When was the last time the lowest seed (Chiefs) for the wild card has had all things work out for them to get in?

GROB
12-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Because even at their lowest, they are better than the cheatin azz scumbag donks.
AFC playoff standings
Team W L T Div Conf
z -- 1. San Diego 13 2 0 5-1 10-2
z -- 2. Baltimore 12 3 0 5-1 9-2
z -- 3. Indianapolis 11 4 0 3-3 8-3
z -- 4. New England 11 4 0 4-2 7-4
5. Denver 9 6 0 3-3 8-4
6. N.Y. Jets 9 6 0 4-2 6-5
7. Cincinnati 8 7 0 4-1 6-5
8. Tennessee 8 7 0 4-2 5-6
9. Jacksonville 8 7 0 2-4 5-6
10. Kansas City 8 7 0 4-2 4-7

Well I believed you but Denver is ahead in the standings, but they do show that they are 3 teams better than the queefs.

12-25-2006, 11:11 PM
When was the last time the lowest seed (Chiefs) for the wild card has had all things work out for them to get in?
Not holding my breath.

BWillie
12-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Bengals, Titans, and Broncos lose, we win, and we are in! Right?!

Yeah, but all of those teams play at home.

Pittsburgh AT Cincinnati
San Francisco AT Denver
Tennessee AT New England

Chances of that alone happening..probably about 8%. And then we would have to do our job as well. I think Tennessee's luck is going to end and New England is going to slaughter them. I think Pittsburgh has a shot at Cincinnati, but not a good one. I really don't think there is much of a chance in hell that San Francisco comes into Denver and wins. Hopefully Cutler starts Ryan Leafing it and messes it all up for the Donks.

12-25-2006, 11:19 PM
After what I saw with JAX yesterday, I don't feel very good about us beating them.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-25-2006, 11:24 PM
What are the times of the games on Sunday?

tk13
12-25-2006, 11:25 PM
I think Pittsburgh has the best shot at winning. That actually wouldn't surprise me at all, Cincy has been very sloppy the last two weeks, and Pittsburgh has played very well in Cincy. The other two though, I don't know.

tk13
12-25-2006, 11:26 PM
What are the times of the games on Sunday?
Flex scheduling, nobody knows yet.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-25-2006, 11:31 PM
I think Pittsburgh has the best shot at winning. That actually wouldn't surprise me at all, Cincy has been very sloppy the last two weeks, and Pittsburgh has played very well in Cincy. The other two though, I don't know.

You don't think the Pats have a good shot at the Titans at home?

I could actually, sanely, see us getting in, because I could see the rookie QB-led Broncos losing, even at home, and I could see the Steelers wanting to put a late-Christmas coal in the stocking of the Bengals.

Just pray.

BWillie
12-25-2006, 11:32 PM
After what I saw with JAX yesterday, I don't feel very good about us beating them.

What games have you been watching? That team has lost two straight and they are unraveling. The only good thing they have going for them is that rookie RB. They are going to lose plain and simple at Arrowhead. This much I know

tk13
12-26-2006, 12:09 AM
We'd need a miracle, but I would say I'm surprised we've made it this far. Last week we probably needed 10-15 things to go our way over the last 2 weeks to have a shot. Now we're down to the final week and we just need 3 other definite things.

RedThat
12-26-2006, 12:56 AM
Hey guys,

just trying to be an optimist here, I think Pittsburgh can beat Cincinatti.

And I also think New England can beat Tennessee. Those are 2 very good possibilities.

I don't know about you guys, but I think I would rather take my chances with SF beating Denver, then having to rely on Oakland beating New York. I know either one of those teams aren't real good. But, hey, at least we dont gotta rely on the worst team in football to try and get us into the playoffs?

GoodDaySir!
12-26-2006, 01:01 AM
http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft.jpg

BigRedChief
12-26-2006, 07:46 AM
The last Chiefs playoff scenerio for 2006. For the Chiefs to make the playoffs this must happen.

Chiefs beat the Jacksonville Jaguars at Arrowhead.

San Francisco 49ers beat Denver Broncos at Denver.

Pittsburgh Steelers beat Cincinatti Bengals at Cincinatti.

Patriots beat Tennessee Titans at Tennessee.

And we are in the playoffs. Probably the #6 seed goes to the Patriots for their first game.

Jets/Raiders doesn't matter to us. The Jets have the tie breaker over us even if they lose. They are in before us no matter what happens to them on Sunday. We have the tiebreakers over the other 3 teams if they lose.

JimNasium
12-26-2006, 08:15 AM
This team doesn't deserve to get into the playoffs IMO.

InChiefsHeaven
12-26-2006, 08:57 AM

Well, yeah. But having said that, I'd love them to get there. :shrug:

ChiTown
12-26-2006, 09:37 AM
The last Chiefs playoff scenerio for 2006. For the Chiefs to make the playoffs this must happen.

Chiefs beat the Jacksonville Jaguars at Arrowhead.

San Francisco 49ers beat Denver Broncos at Denver.

Pittsburgh Steelers beat Cincinatti Bengals at Cincinatti.

Patriots beat Tennessee Titans at Tennessee.

You forgot to mention hell freezing over.........

Bob Dole
12-26-2006, 09:41 AM
We have the tiebreakers over the other 3 teams if they lose.

We can expect that to be the focus of Carl's post season wrap-up speech.

"We were competitive through week 17, and held the tiebreaker over 3 contending teams and the cards just didn't fall in our favor."

Rain Man
12-26-2006, 09:43 AM

If this was Singapore and I was the king of Singapore, I'd plant gum on you and have you caned for that.

All I ask is that we get into the playoffs. From there on out, all I would ask is for four more wins, but for right now, all I ask is that we get into the playoffs.

siberian khatru
12-26-2006, 09:44 AM

"We were competitive through week 17, and held the tiebreaker over 3 contending teams and the cards just didn't fall in our favor."

That rings so true it's not even funny.

BigRedChief
12-26-2006, 09:44 AM

Same old story. If we would have taken care of business and won the games we were suppose to win like Cleveland and Miami we would be in the playoffs. 4 different head coaches in 17 years but the same problem remains. We can't win on the road and draft consistently on day one of the draft. Who's at fault?

ChiTown
12-26-2006, 09:48 AM
Who's at fault?

The fans.

We should have spent more money at the Arrowhead Concessions........

BigRedChief
12-26-2006, 09:52 AM
The fans.

We should have spent more money at the Arrowhead Concessions........Come to think of it.........You know I never use to spend money in the stadium on consessions until this year. Maybe I should order the extra large nachos? Maybe, that will put us over the top? :hmmm:

MahiMike
12-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Which scenario gets us in with a loss to the Jags?

Paniero
12-26-2006, 10:17 AM
It seems like every December Chiefs fans are hoping for the stars to align to make the playoffs instead of feeling like this year is the year we win it all.

But anyway, Go Chiefs.

ChiTown
12-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Which scenario gets us in with a loss to the Jags?

A Plane Crash carrying the Broncos or Jets, or a mid air collision with both planes............