PDA

View Full Version : In the Christmas spirit......

Mr. Plow
12-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Who else doesn't get along with their frickin' in laws?

Stewie
12-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Are you hiding in the computer room while they're out there talking about what an antisocial jerk you are?

MichaelH
12-24-2006, 07:35 PM
I like my mother in law a lot but my father in law is hard to take. He's a reformed gambler and heavy drinker. They're coming for New Years and staying at our house. He doesn't want to be around anyone enjoying a few drinks or playing cards on New Years. I told my wife that I would be a good host and keep my mouth shut but it will be hard at times.

Mr. Plow
12-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Are you hiding in the computer room while they're out there talking about what an antisocial jerk you are?

No. I got lucky this year. For my wife's grandmothers Xmas Party, I got a sick 22 month old that I got to stay home with.

Unfortunately, I don't see me getting out of the in laws tomorrow morning at 10am. Luckily, I'll get a package of socks & maybe a pair of flannels - depends if they were feeling generous or not.

If I could sit in the computer room without having to physically see them, I would.

Frazod
12-24-2006, 09:42 PM
My in-laws are great. It's my own parents that totally suck.

Cntrygal
12-24-2006, 09:46 PM
I got rid of mine when I got rid of the husband.

88TG88
12-24-2006, 09:47 PM
how could anyone hate u mr plow ? u are a beautiful human being

Skip Towne
12-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Nope, just you.

Skip Towne
12-24-2006, 10:07 PM
I got rid of mine when I got rid of the husband.
You never told us you had an ex.

Phobia
12-24-2006, 10:14 PM
I get along with mine - probably because I'm the best thing to ever happen to their daughter and they buy me nice things.

Cntrygal
12-24-2006, 10:15 PM
I never mentioned that in any of my drunken ramblings?

I didn't see him for almost 10 years and then he got transfered to the ROK when I was there. He caught up with me one night at one of the bars and wanted to talk. :rolleyes: God, I think I drank doubles the rest of the night. Then about 7 months back in the States - I had to go to NCOA and he was in my class. yippee.

Skip Towne
12-24-2006, 10:33 PM
I never mentioned that in any of my drunken ramblings?

I didn't see him for almost 10 years and then he got transfered to the ROK when I was there. He caught up with me one night at one of the bars and wanted to talk. :rolleyes: God, I think I drank doubles the rest of the night. Then about 7 months back in the States - I had to go to NCOA and he was in my class. yippee.
i don't remember you ever mentioning it. And I have always liked you since you started on this board while you were in the ROK. I spent 13 months at Kunsan myself. It sounds like he hasn't gotten over you.

PastorMikH
12-24-2006, 10:34 PM
My inlaws aren't that bad. I get along with them better than I do some of my own family.

Cntrygal
12-24-2006, 10:40 PM
i don't remember you ever mentioning it. And I have always liked you since you started on this board while you were in the ROK. I spent 13 months at Kunsan myself. It sounds like he hasn't gotten over you.

Thanks! ;)

I'm sure he's "over" me, I think he just saw a familiar face in a foreign land. hehe.. it was pretty funny - I was walking thru the BX and heard someone call my name. I looked all around me, but didn't see anyone I recognized. LOL He was standing about 10 feet from me. :D

At the bar, he just wanted to rehash the whole marriage/divorce thing. blahblahblah.... A few minutes into it, I looked at him and said "I need another drink" and walked off to the bar. :D

Bugeater
12-24-2006, 11:33 PM
My m-i-l has been getting on my nerves more than usual lately, but my family isn't any better.

Frazod
12-24-2006, 11:35 PM
My neighbor Matt certainly wasn't too happy when his in-laws visited last weekend. List of their offenses:

1. They're complete slobs, leaving clutter and trash everywhere.
2. They always (without asking) bring their nasty little ratdog with them when they visit, which traumatizes the resident cats.
3. The MIL left the lights on all night on one of his cars, completely draining the battery.
4. The FIL sat on the end of one of the curtains which was draped over a chair to keep the ratdog from f#cking with it. The curtain was violently pulled out of the wall. The FIL didn't lift a finger to repair the damage.

Those were the major points, but beyond that, they're just generally annoying as hell. Also, Matt's wife completely sides with her mom on any point of contention. And because the in-laws are sleeping in his "haven" room, there is nowhere he can go to escape. They totally disrespect him and his house, and it's not like they ever helped either of them financially and, quite the contrary, have proved to be a burden in that regard.

Benjamin Franklin said that company and fish stink after three days. He might have revised that addage had he met these two.

Thank God my inlaws don't act like that. :shake:

Mecca
12-24-2006, 11:37 PM
My neighbor Matt certainly wasn't too happy when his in-laws visited last weekend. List of their offenses:

1. They're complete slobs, leaving clutter and trash everywhere.
2. They always (without asking) bring their nasty little ratdog with them when they visit, which traumatizes the resident cats.
3. The MIL left the lights on all night on one of his cars, completely draining the battery.
4. The FIL sat on the end of one of the curtains which was draped over a chair to keep the ratdog from f#cking with it. The curtain was violently pulled out of the wall. The FIL didn't lift a finger to repair the damage.

Those were the major points, but beyond that, they're just generally annoying as hell. Also, Matt's wife completely sides with her mom on any point of contention. And because the in-laws are sleeping in his "haven" room, there is nowhere he can go to escape. They totally disrespect him and his house, and it's not like they ever helped either of them financially and, quite the contrary, have proved to be a burden in that regard.

Benjamin Franklin said that company and fish stink after three days. He might have revised that addage had he met these two.

Thank God my inlaws don't act like that. :shake:

I'd end up yelling and screaming......telling them to get the **** out and never come back.

Frazod
12-24-2006, 11:39 PM
I'd end up yelling and screaming......telling them to get the **** out and never come back.

Oh believe me, so would I. Nobody disrespects me in my own house.