PDA

View Full Version : FFL Question

Sure-Oz
12-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Pussy move or Smart move?

Im in the league championship. im leading 89-84. The opposing team has no players left to play, in essence I am league champion as it stands.

I have 1 player left playing....

Jeff Garcia later today, do I bench him and guarantee my Championship or start him and add to points and have a full lineup or risk him playing super shitty and costing 6 points and the loss?

Just want other's opinions. Earlier in the year Hasselbeck almost cost me a win by playing really shitty early on. The game he returned from his injury,and had like 3 or 4 to's in the first half and i was tied because of that at half, i didn't have to start him cause I had already won. Later he got a few tds and eventually got me the win, but i sweated it out for a half.

What would you do?

Demonpenz
12-25-2006, 11:47 AM
garcia should complete short passes today managing the game for jim johnsons hard hitting DEFENSE to kick kick ass.

luv
12-25-2006, 11:49 AM
It doesn't answer your question, but, if Terry Glenn gets 4 points today, then I'll come in third in my league. :)

Skyy God
12-25-2006, 11:49 AM
If it's a money league, I'd pull Garcia in a heartbeat. Although the odds of him melting down are pretty small.

Nzoner
12-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Money league or not that's a pussy move.You roll with what got you there and hope for the best.

Sure-Oz
12-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Money league or not that's a pussy move.You roll with what got you there and hope for the best.
Yeah, it's a money league and an ethical ? basically. I am in it with a bunch of friends and as it stands now i still have him starting....just wanted mult. opinions....i have already gotten congrats from the opposing team on the victory. I thought it'd be fair to start all of them.

Nzoner
12-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Yeah, it's a money league and an ethical ? basically. I am in it with a bunch of friends and as it stands now i am starting him....just wanted mult. opinions....i have already gotten congrats from the opposing team on the victory. I thought it'd be fair to start all of them.

Just out of curiosity what's a Garcia INT worth?

I ask because I agreed to join another money league this year without checking the rules closely,damn league takes off -3 for int's,fumbles and missed field goals.Although I'm in the play-offs I'm considering dropping out,I don't think FF should be about losing points.

Sure-Oz
12-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Just out of curiosity what's a Garcia INT worth?

I ask because I agreed to join another money league this year without checking the rules closely,damn league takes off -3 for int's,fumbles and missed field goals.Although I'm in the play-offs I'm considering dropping out,I don't think FF should be about losing points.
-2 points for fumble lost or INT's so basically he has to have mult. turnovers and not many yards for me to lose. I think it's ok to have minus points for fumbles lost, INTS, basic turnovers at 2 points. A missed FG should be -1 in our league i think. THat isn't too bad if you think about it.

Hammock Parties
12-25-2006, 12:08 PM
I win my league championship if Donte Stallworth finds the end zone. PLEASE GOD!

Valiant
12-25-2006, 12:09 PM
-2 points for fumble lost or INT's so basically he has to have mult. turnovers and not many yards for me to lose. I think it's ok to have minus points for fumbles lost, INTS, basic turnovers at 2 points. A missed FG should be -1 in our league i think. THat isn't too bad if you think about it.

We have standard also for ints and fumbles, but man if you miss a 0-19 yard field goal it is -5, and 20-29 is -1... Which imo is good since those should never be missed, all other FG's are 0 for misses...

I would not start him, that is the whole thing about competition you play to win the game...thats it, you plaayy to wiiin the game...

Sure-Oz
12-25-2006, 12:12 PM
We have standard also for ints and fumbles, but man if you miss a 0-19 yard field goal it is -5, and 20-29 is -1... Which imo is good since those should never be missed, all other FG's are 0 for misses...

I would not start him, that is the whole thing about competition you play to win the game...thats it, you plaayy to wiiin the game...
Our league we got -3 on short fg's and -1 for all others...yeah i dont want to start him so i can guarantee win but id feel like a pussy in a way too haha. hmm

DaFace
12-25-2006, 12:16 PM
I'd start him. It's kind of a slap in the face of your opponent to make a move like that.

In other news, I ended up with the most overall points for the year in my league, but finished in 7th place. How the hell does that happen?

Sure-Oz
12-25-2006, 12:18 PM
I'd start him. It's kind of a slap in the face of your opponent to make a move like that.

In other news, I ended up with the most overall points for the year in my league, but finished in 7th place. How the hell does that happen?
I was thinkin the same....it's like picking up a player almost to block others and have no intention of using him. I finished 1st in points by 400 or so and was 2nd overall in reg. season. just by 1 game....first place was 10-3-1, i was 10-4-0. We were split 1-1...and now i have the first place guy beat so far....with Garcia playing later. I should have the championship if garcia does average.