No.

That is all; again!

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 02:26 PM
I think the Chiefs might get the playoff spot. The Denver part is the problem

greg63
12-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I think the Chiefs might get the playoff spot. The Denver part is the problem

...Haven't been a fan very long have ya.

Jr_Captain
12-26-2006, 02:28 PM
I don't see Denver letting us have a chance.

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 02:28 PM
...Haven't been a fan very long have ya.

how so?

Silock
12-26-2006, 02:29 PM
lol Hell no.

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 02:30 PM
I have a good feeling that if the Chiefs make the playoffs, they could make a run and definately make it to the Confrence Championship game

dirk digler
12-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Why would you want the Chiefs in the playoffs this year anyway?

88TG88
nope

greg63
how so?
You are overwhelmingly too optimistic, and naive.

Bob Dole
12-26-2006, 02:33 PM
This thread puts the topic in a totally different light.

PinkFloyd
12-26-2006, 02:33 PM
I think the Chiefs stand a great chance in making the playoffs !!!!

In the year 2222 !!!!!

greg63
12-26-2006, 02:35 PM
This thread puts the topic in a totally different light.

LMAO

StcChief
12-26-2006, 02:35 PM
again....

step away from the :bong:

Ebolapox
12-26-2006, 02:36 PM
heh--this guy is obviously a ten year old who hasn't watched the chiefs for very long... when have they EVER convinced ANY of us that, when the chips are down, they'll do ANYTHING but choke on their mouthpieces?!?

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 02:36 PM
I am not naive, but I have only been a fan for 10 years. I am only 15, so I haven't seen as many dissapointments as you have. But I always have faith in my chiefs.

Ebolapox
12-26-2006, 02:38 PM
I am not naive, but I have only been a fan for 10 years. I am only 15, so I haven't seen as many dissapointments as you have. But I always have faith in my chiefs.

eh, I wasn't too far... kid, there's such a thing as optimism, and such a thing as realism.

I used to argue with my dad all the time about 'the chiefs still having a chance'

that was prior to the chiefs ripping my heart out with a spoon ONE too many times

I'm 23 now, almost 24... been watching since I was five or six years old--I feel ya, dude... been in your shoes before

watch this team long enough, and any optimism one might have is sucked dry

greg63
12-26-2006, 02:38 PM

...How quickly they grow up.

greg63
12-26-2006, 02:39 PM
eh, I wasn't too far... kid, there's such a thing as optimism, and such a thing as realism.

I used to argue with my dad all the time about 'the chiefs still having a chance'

that was prior to the chiefs ripping my heart out with a spoon ONE too many times

I'm 23 now, almost 24... been watching since I was five or six years old--I feel ya, dude... been in your shoes before

watch this team long enough, and any optimism one might have is sucked dry

Yep.

12-26-2006, 02:40 PM
...How quickly they grow up.
Ya big brute..picking on a 15 year old.. :shake:

LMAO

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 02:41 PM
does anyone remember the year where stoyonovinch choked and shanked that field goal against the raiders? That was the first time i ever cried.

greg63
12-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Ya big brute..picking on a 15 year old.. :shake:

LMAO

Yeah I know; it's only because I've so much experience picking on my 16 year old. :D

Ebolapox
12-26-2006, 02:43 PM
my first chiefs induced cry?

1995. I was certain we'd beat the colts and win the super bowl.

oh how I miss the days of my youth when I was innocent

jAZ
12-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Kansas City is the team that - after watching New England beat Tennessee... San Francisco beat Denver... and Pittsburgh beat Cincinnati - loses their final game.

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Kansas City is the team that - after watching New England beat Tennessee... San Francisco beat Denver... and Pittsburgh beat Cincinnati - loses their final game.
Probably

Ebolapox
12-26-2006, 02:46 PM
heh... and I'll laugh instead of crying

I'm in step 8 of the chiefs 12 step program

ROYC75
12-26-2006, 02:46 PM
ROFL And the hits just keeps on a coming ..........

greg63
12-26-2006, 02:47 PM

...Guaranteed; unfortunately.

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 02:49 PM
I think the reason it wasn't meant to be THIS YEAR was the loss of FB T-rich and LT willie roaf

ChiTown
12-26-2006, 02:53 PM

1971 Game for me. Me, Dad and my 3 brothers bawling or eyes out Christmas Day at Municipal Stadium...........that one still hurts.

greg63
12-26-2006, 02:55 PM
I think the reason it wasn't meant to be THIS YEAR was the loss of FB T-rich and LT willie roaf

There ya have it folks; mystery solved.

j/k kiddo. ;)

Ebolapox
12-26-2006, 03:00 PM
1971 Game for me. Me, Dad and my 3 brothers bawling or eyes out Christmas Day at Municipal Stadium...........that one still hurts.

my dad STILL bemoans that loss... hell, we weren't TOO far from having a dynasty from 66' to the early/mid 70's

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 03:03 PM
My dad's crying moment was when the Chiefs passed up Tony Eason, Dan Marino, and Jim Kelly for Todd Blackledge in the draft.

crazycoffey
12-26-2006, 03:03 PM
yup, 95 with montana and allen, right? But buffalo did us in, or do I have my years messed up. Indy at home a couple of years ago, etc and so on. Too many times, they all blur together.

Anyway in answer to the thread, I would love to see it all fall into place also, but it is highly unlikely, even IF Ten and Cin lose to NE and Pits (respectively) No way Denver is losing at home against the 49rs.

But if I had to make bet on what happens (based on chief karma) Ten loses and Cincy loses both of them play at 1pm along with the chiefs. The chiefs blow it at home and then we all watch in horror that afternoon as Denver sucks a goose egg with Frank Gore running for 185 yds and three TDs.

At least 10% of the chiefs planet bloggers end up hanging from our belts on the rail for the garage door in our skivees and LJ jerseys.

:cuss:

Wile_E_Coyote
12-26-2006, 03:06 PM
I think, why should these Chiefs be in the playoffs? Then I watch the Jets, Denver & Indy & think why not?

Ebolapox
12-26-2006, 03:06 PM
My dad's crying moment was when the Chiefs passed up Tony Eason, Dan Marino, and Jim Kelly for Todd Blackledge in the draft.

eh, hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20

how bout' passing montana in the 1979 draft? EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL passed him in the first two rounds... yeah, THAT was a good decision... possibly the best QB ever was drafted in the third round

if you go back and look at the history of the 1983 QB draft, blackledge 'graded out' near the top... was a good if not great college QB

unfortunately, 'great college qb' doesn't always equal great NFL qb

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 03:07 PM
yup, 95 with montana and allen, right? But buffalo did us in, or do I have my years messed up. Indy at home a couple of years ago, etc and so on. Too many times, they all blur together.

Anyway in answer to the thread, I would love to see it all fall into place also, but it is highly unlikely, even IF Ten and Cin lose to NE and Pits (respectively) No way Denver is losing at home against the 49rs.

But if I had to make bet on what happens (based on chief karma) Ten loses and Cincy loses both of them play at 1pm along with the chiefs. The chiefs blow it at home and then we all watch in horror that afternoon as Denver sucks a goose egg with Frank Gore running for 185 yds and three TDs.

At least 10% of the chiefs planet bloggers end up hanging from our belts on the rail for the garage door in our skivees and LJ jerseys.

:cuss:
Yeah karma is a bitch

4th and Long
12-26-2006, 03:08 PM
I just strolled onto this thread and stepped into a big ol' pile of n00b.

WTF is going on here?

SPchief
12-26-2006, 03:08 PM

Damnit Carl :cuss:

alpha_omega
12-26-2006, 03:09 PM
The questions seems to be:

Can the 49'ers do it?

dirk digler
12-26-2006, 03:09 PM
I think, why should these Chiefs be in the playoffs? Then I watch the Jets, Denver & Indy & think why not?

2 of those teams are alot better than the Chiefs are.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2006, 03:10 PM
eh, hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20

how bout' passing montana in the 1979 draft? EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL passed him in the first two rounds... yeah, THAT was a good decision... possibly the best QB ever was drafted in the third round

if you go back and look at the history of the 1983 QB draft, blackledge 'graded out' near the top... was a good if not great college QB

unfortunately, 'great college qb' doesn't always equal great NFL qb

I know everyone always dogs on the CHiefs for picking Blackledge, but ive always wondered if it was him or just that the team was so poorly run back in those days.

Im guessing if Marino or Kelly would have come here, they might have had a career similiar to Blackledge.

Vice Versa, Blackledge might have ad more success with a better team.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-26-2006, 03:12 PM
2 of those teams are alot better than the Chiefs are.

which two

crazycoffey
12-26-2006, 03:12 PM

I wonder if we could win a petition to legally change his name to "Damnit Carl"

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 03:13 PM
I know everyone always dogs on the CHiefs for picking Blackledge, but ive always wondered if it was him or just that the team was so poorly run back in those days.

Im guessing if Marino or Kelly would have come here, they might have had a career similiar to Blackledge.

I doubt it.

Ebolapox
12-26-2006, 03:14 PM

yep, I'm with you on that one... looking at stats and relying on what my dad always says about that era (I was born literally a few months before the 1983 draft), blackledge wasn't a HORRIBLE QB... but when you look at him through the scope of 'he's no marino' or 'no jim kelly,' we as chiefs fans will ALWAYS dog the fact that we didn't pick one of the three guys who went onto hall of fame careers (though one of em' we didn't have a chance at, and he's the one I wish I could kick in the nuts: elway)

so would marino have been a HOF QB with the chiefs?? none of us could ever know--just realize this, he went late in the first round in 1983... to a good team that was on the cusp of the super bowl, which none of the 80's chiefs teams was

he was never the QB that raised the performance levels of those around him... so in the end, mediocrity seems to be our lot in 'fandom'

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 03:14 PM
I wonder if we could win a petition to legally change his name to "Damnit Carl"

Not a bad idea, but it seems childish

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 03:15 PM
yep, I'm with you on that one... looking at stats and relying on what my dad always says about that era (I was born literally a few months before the 1983 draft), blackledge wasn't a HORRIBLE QB... but when you look at him through the scope of 'he's no marino' or 'no jim kelly,' we as chiefs fans will ALWAYS dog the fact that we didn't pick one of the three guys who went onto hall of fame careers (though one of em' we didn't have a chance at, and he's the one I wish I could kick in the nuts: elway)

so would marino have been a HOF QB with the chiefs?? none of us could ever know--just realize this, he went late in the first round in 1983... to a good team that was on the cusp of the super bowl, which none of the 80's chiefs teams was

he was never the QB that raised the performance levels of those around him... so in the end, mediocrity seems to be our lot in 'fandom'
Do you guys think Brodie Croyle will be any good?

ChiTown
12-26-2006, 03:16 PM

CP "passing up" on Blackledge is always good for a laugh. Rep for you....

dirk digler
12-26-2006, 03:21 PM
which two

Denver and Indy which isn't saying much.

Ebolapox
12-26-2006, 03:21 PM

yeah, I think he has some good qualities

unfortunately, I'm no NFL scout... hell, sometimes NFL scouts can't even get it right (tom brady in the sixth round?? WTF were they thinking?)

he'll never be anything unless we get our O-line fixed though... he's pretty fragile (and subsequently needs to put on some muscle-mass to hold up in the nfl), and he'll always be injured unless we can protect him if/when he ever goes in

Wile_E_Coyote
12-26-2006, 03:22 PM
Denver and Indy which isn't saying much.

they should both be one & done just like the Chiefs

Deberg_1990
12-26-2006, 03:22 PM

WHo knows? I think hes got potential. Hopefully Herm lets him fully compete next year to be the starter.

Herm developed Pennington, maybe it can happen again.

dirk digler
12-26-2006, 03:24 PM
they should both be one & done just like the Chiefs

Possibly. If the playoffs were today Indy would play the Jets and Denver would play NE.

Indy wins easy over the Jets and Denver pretty much owns NE but with Cutler as a rookie NE would be a tough place to win a game.

crazycoffey
12-26-2006, 03:25 PM

I think he looked pretty good in college, can that translate to the pro level?? million dollar question, right

How did he look when he came in for a few plays earlier this year. I don't remeber which game that was, I heard he threw a pick, but did he look completly lost?

Wile_E_Coyote
12-26-2006, 03:26 PM
if the Jets had any kind of running game.... Yeah they should beat the Jets. The Broncs also need a running game

dirk digler
12-26-2006, 03:28 PM
if the Jets had any kind of running game.... Yeah they should beat the Jets. The Broncs also need a running game

I think the Chiefs would get embarrassed if they played either Indy or NE on the road. I think the other 2 teams will make it a competitve game.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-26-2006, 03:32 PM
this is one area where Law could be a factor, Indy & NE. Not so much his play as his experience

crazycoffey
12-26-2006, 03:34 PM
I think the Chiefs would get embarrassed if they played either Indy or NE on the road. I think the other 2 teams will make it a competitve game.

Your right in NE, they got some real mojo going on, of the come from behind type, but it could be close. Indy on the otherhand, they are losing thier mojo something fierce, and have no answer to LJ. The chief team that beat SD could take Indy

dirk digler
12-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Your right in NE, they got some real mojo going on, of the come from behind type, but it could be close. Indy on the otherhand, they are losing thier mojo something fierce, and have no answer to LJ. The chief team that beat SD could take Indy

The problem is Indy would light our D up and we can't score like we use to plus we just suck on the road and we would get embarrassed.

crazycoffey
12-26-2006, 03:38 PM
The problem is Indy would light our D up and we can't score like we use to plus we just suck on the road and we would get embarrassed.

I disagree it could be our turn to get indy back from a couple of years ago.

I'd be much more concern with going to SD or Baltimore again, that is where the embarrassment would come in.

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 03:41 PM
I think he looked pretty good in college, can that translate to the pro level?? million dollar question, right

I heard he threw a pick, but did he look completly lost?

He played one series in the blowout against the steelers.

dirk digler
12-26-2006, 03:42 PM
I disagree it could be our turn to get indy back from a couple of years ago.

I'd be much more concern with going to SD or Baltimore again, that is where the embarrassment would come in.

You think our D can stop Manning on the road? Are you crazy? I don't care how bad their D is our O is in the tank. We would need to score 30+ and there is no way that would happen.

Bwana
12-26-2006, 03:47 PM

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 04:10 PM
You think our D can stop Manning on the road? Are you crazy? I don't care how bad their D is our O is in the tank. We would need to score 30+ and there is no way that would happen.

You might recall that Indy has the worst run defense. Larry could score four TDS easy.

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 04:13 PM
You might recall that Indy has the worst run defense. Larry could score four TDS easy.

Tynes can account for the rest.

crazycoffey
12-26-2006, 04:13 PM

thank you, that's what I'm trying to say to mister knuckle-head

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 04:31 PM
why didn't you say it then?

dirk digler
12-26-2006, 04:31 PM

:rolleyes:

We could barely score 20 pts against the pathetic Raiders who weren't even trying to win.

I think alot of you guys forget how bad we play on the road. We could play a JR high team on the road and lose.

dirk digler
12-26-2006, 04:36 PM

Let's not forget the juggernaut that is the Cleveland Browns beating us when we were up by 14pts with a QB that never played a down in the NFL.

Yet you tools think we can go on the road and win a playoff game.

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 04:36 PM
:rolleyes:

We could barely score 20 pts against the pathetic Raiders who weren't even trying to win.

I think alot of you guys forget how bad we play on the road. We could play a JR high team on the road and lose.

The Raiders D is pretty good, but their Offense is bad. Now, if we don't throw a screen pass against the colts, we could beat them. If we just run the ball, we can actually score. Don't throw the ball!!!!!

dirk digler
12-26-2006, 04:40 PM
The Raiders D is pretty good, but their Offense is bad. Now, if we don't throw a screen pass against the colts, we could beat them. If we just run the ball, we can actually score. Don't throw the ball!!!!!

I just don't have any confidence in our Offense to put up 30+ points because that is what will be required.

Plus our D isn't that good.

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 04:43 PM
I just don't have any confidence in our Offense to put up 30+ points because that is what will be required.

Plus our D isn't that good.

We can do it if
a.) Fire Herm

B.) bench green and put in croyle

C.) don't throw the damn ball!!!!!!

listopencil
12-26-2006, 05:06 PM

Hey, kid. Don't let these bastards wear you down. Keep the faith. It's refreshing to me to see the next generation of diehards come around.

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks. Your pix makes me sicker than a was watching the chiefs offense against the chargers last week

mcan
12-26-2006, 06:32 PM
NE win @ Tennessee ~ 65%
Pitt win @ Cincinnatti ~ 40%
SF win @ Denver ~ 30%

Total chances ~ 8%

Doesn't look great, but it's certainly possible. Like drawing to an inside straight in poker with one card to come.

Of course, these numbers are ASSUMING a win against Jacksonville (which won't be a cakewalk).

melbar
12-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Do you mean can the 49ers do it? Because thats all that really matters now.

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 06:37 PM
It all depends on two things: 1. Can the 49ers put pressure on a young Cutler. 2. Can Frank Gore tear up the Broncos D

Baby Lee
12-26-2006, 06:51 PM
It all depends on two things: 1. Can the 49ers put pressure on a young Cutler. 2. Can Frank Gore tear up the Broncos D
Am I wrong, or are the 49ers still in the hunt themselves?

Also, non sequitur here, but you guys talking about the heartbreak from days past reminded me of something I hadn't put together since my dad mentioned it over x-mas. I knew that, before I was born, my dad had been badly burned at a church youth function when the sleeve of his sweater caught fire from an ember off the campfire. And I knew that on my first x-mas [12/25/71], I was blisfully unaware as the Chiefs began their multi-decade slump. What I didn't know was that my dad had been burned the [Satur]day before the 69/70 SB. Spent that SB Sunday all gauzed up on his right arm/side after debridement, and asked the nurse through the painkillers about the game, who brought him in a B&W set to catch the 2nd half.

Such drama.

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 07:01 PM
the 49ers still in the hunt themselves

This is true, but the 49ers have a good reason to win. They owe the chiefs that. I mean, they just rolled over for the chiefs, it really screwed up the chiefs. They didn't have a challenge and were blown out the next weekend due to the lack of preperation the 49ers gave the chiefs for really good teams.

the Talking Can
12-26-2006, 07:37 PM
all we had to do was beat Cleveland and a rookie QB....but we're just loser pussies

KCinNY
12-26-2006, 08:42 PM

1992 for me--first and only Chiefs induced cry. Chiefs blew a 19-6 lead at Mile High late in the 4th qtr.

Never allowed myself to get that emotionally attached again.

Priest4Prez
12-26-2006, 08:49 PM
all we had to do was beat Cleveland and a rookie QB....but we're just loser pussies

At least we didn't lose to the raiders.

Iowanian
12-26-2006, 10:10 PM
This is not happening.

Stop punishing yourself.

greg63
12-28-2006, 10:26 AM
This is not happening.

Stop punishing yourself.

Sound advice for the youngster.

crazycoffey
12-28-2006, 10:31 AM
This is not happening.

Stop punishing yourself.

but what if he likes the punishment?

:whackit:

MahiMike
12-28-2006, 10:31 AM
The only real winner here is the team that loses for a higher pick in the draft. None of these teams are making it past the 1st round anyway.

crazycoffey
12-28-2006, 10:40 AM
In order for the Chiefs to clinch the 6th seed in the playoffs they have to:

Win

Tennessee loss/tie to New England

Denver loss to San Francisco

Cincinnati loss/tie to Pittsburgh

Can they pull it off?

I believe it is the very first sentence of this entire thread. A must win senerio is a reciepe for disaster.

I said it before here it is again. Denver plays at 4pm, we play at 1 along with Ten and Cin So we will all be channel flipping, internet surfing and BB this site every second of these games. My prediction is this;

IF Ten and Cin both lose, AND we win, then Denver kills San Fran at 4

However, IF Ten and Cin both lose AND we lose too, then San Fran upsets Denver and a small percentage of us fans actually commit suicide

(I will not limit you on your selection for the method of doing this)

Of course, young buck, I too hope and will continue to hope with you that all the pieces fall into place, but us winning and Ten and Cin losing watching the Denver game will be a ulcher inducing event, for sure.
:arrow: :spank: :donks:

Iowanian
12-28-2006, 10:43 AM
It isn't happening.

Given the way this team has played, it wouldn't be a good thing in the big picture if the stars DID align.

Its not happening. Save yourself the grief sunday. Just enjoy the last game.

El Jefe
12-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Priest4Prez "do you think Brodie Croyle will be any good". I reply no why because he needs to gain weight and he was always plagued with injuries at the college level. I seriously doubt him being our QB of the future. Troy Smith will be when we trade up to draft him.

Iowanian
12-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Oh brother.

siberian khatru
12-28-2006, 11:21 AM
I guaran-dam-tee you that if the Chiefs were the last game of week 17, and all the other factors had fallen in place, they would lose at home to the Jags. And not straight up, like 20-10 or whatnot, but either A) failing to score a touchdown and losing 9-6 or something, or 2) blowing a lead late that involves a defensive collapse or a game-changing turnover by Green or LJ.

In other words, it doesn't matter. This team is destined to bend us over and **** us up the ass no matter what happens.

And yes, Zach, I'm irrational for believing that and still sticking around and following them. I'm like an abused spouse. :)

Florida_Bronco
12-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Sorry guys, the Chiefs will be watching the playoffs from home this year.

Ebolapox
12-28-2006, 01:22 PM
florida bronco goes to show that the only homerism allowed on the planet is bronco homerism

the Talking Can
12-28-2006, 01:26 PM
making the playoffs with this team would re-inforce CPs "never rebuild" philosophy...

Reerun_KC
12-28-2006, 01:32 PM
making the playoffs with this team would re-inforce CPs "never rebuild" philosophy...

Bingo!

Priest4Prez
12-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Priest4Prez "do you think Brodie Croyle will be any good". I reply no why because he needs to gain weight and he was always plagued with injuries at the college level. I seriously doubt him being our QB of the future. Troy Smith will be when we trade up to draft him.

Kiper JR. doesn't have troy smith going until the 3rd round. Brodie has the arm and soon to be o-line if we trade up for that wisconson LT whose name I have forgotten. You don't need to be big if you have an oline.

Mecca
12-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Kiper JR. doesn't have troy smith going until the 3rd round. Brodie has the arm and soon to be o-line if we trade up for that wisconson LT whose name I have forgotten. You don't need to be big if you have an oline.

We do not have enough to get up to get Thomas...you might aswell forget that pipe dream right now it is unrealistic.

Priest4Prez
12-28-2006, 02:48 PM
We have to. Why don't we trade our first round pick to the raiders. They could dump Joey Porter to us and we could give them our 3rd round pick as well.

Mecca
12-28-2006, 02:50 PM
We have to. Why don't we trade our first round pick to the raiders. They could dump Joey Porter to us and we could give them our 3rd round pick as well.

All teams use the value chart when trading....they'd want our 1st and 2nd....1st next year and probably another 3rd either this year or next year. You wanna trade a ton of picks for 1 guy? We are not 1 player away.

Priest4Prez
12-28-2006, 02:52 PM
All teams use the value chart when trading....they'd want our 1st and 2nd....1st next year and probably another 3rd either this year or next year. You wanna trade a ton of picks for 1 guy? We are not 1 player away.
If that is what it takes to bring this team the Lombari Trophy, than so be it.

Dartgod
12-28-2006, 02:55 PM
If that is what it takes to bring this team the Lombari Trophy, than so be it.
What part of "We are not 1 player away" did you not understand?

Iowanian
12-28-2006, 02:56 PM
You're ready to give the RAIDERS a first and 3rd for Joey Porter?

HRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

For being a MASTERdeBATER, you've got alot to learn about selling an arguement. The Chiefs have SEVERAL holes to fill on this team, on both sides of the ball and require improvement down to the last man on the PS. You don't correct years of effing up in draft and FA by moving up for 1 player, when you don't have any amo to use for that upgrade in draft position.

Mecca
12-28-2006, 02:58 PM

He's trying to say we could sweeten the pot to them giving us their pick by taking Porter off thier hands........not that it makes much sense but that's what he's trying to say.

He wants to give a 1st and 3rd for their 1st and Jerry Porter......

Reerun_KC
12-28-2006, 02:59 PM

That wouldnt be very smart. You dont trade picks and players in your own division... Always will come back and bite you in the ass...

Also you never let players from your team go to another AFC west team in their prime either..

See Keith Traylor for example.

Priest4Prez
12-28-2006, 02:59 PM
He's trying to say we could sweeten the pot to them giving us their pick by taking Porter off thier hands........not that it makes much sense but that's what he's trying to say.

Who else could we make that trade to?

Iowanian
12-28-2006, 03:00 PM
yeah....the Raiders are going to be in a HURRY to trade their disgruntled player to a division rival for a token.

I'm going to try to remember that the stuntaz are still probably in HS and have learned team management with Madden 06.

Reerun_KC
12-28-2006, 03:00 PM

I see what he is saying, but they would never trade out of the #1 spot for the Chiefs customary 15 - 19 pick...

Priest4Prez
12-28-2006, 03:04 PM
yeah....the Raiders are going to be in a HURRY to trade their disgruntled player to a division rival for a token.

I'm going to try to remember that the stuntaz are still probably in HS and have learned team management with Madden 06.

That hurts. I feel that Art Shell's hate for Randy Moss and Joey Porter might blur this line of rivalry. Or, we could trade the lions for thier DT Shaun Rogers.

Iowanian
12-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Sure thing Sport...the Lions are going to be bursting to trade Shaun Rogers, and they'll probably take a half pack of gum.

Art Shell will be very, very lucky to be employed by the raiders for more than another week. I seriously doubt ALdAvis is going to forget that he hates the Chiefs and trade Porter. Moss isn't working there, Porter is unhappy and something has to change. Moss isn't going to be a Chief, and no sane Chiefs fan would want him.

Mecca
12-28-2006, 03:07 PM
That hurts. I feel that Art Shell's hate for Randy Moss and Joey Porter might blur this line of rivalry. Or, we could trade the lions for thier DT Shaun Rogers.

No they can't.........he just signed a new deal the cap hit for them would be massive. Stop talking about trades, they rarely happen.

Wanting to trade essentially an entire draft for 1 player and aid in the Raiders rebuilding giving them a surplus of picks is a real brilliant idea on your part....

Iowanian
12-28-2006, 03:09 PM
This team has to be rebuilt via Solid Drafts...top to bottom with some jewels found in the middle rounds.

FA is just a stopgap for what needs to happen. Can SOME of the problems be addressed in FA? Absolutely, but it shouldn't be the crux of fixing this team.

If the Raiders CUT Porter.....bring him in for a look.

Priest4Prez
12-28-2006, 03:13 PM
No they can't.........he just signed a new deal the cap hit for them would be massive. Stop talking about trades, they rarely happen.

Wanting to trade essentially an entire draft for 1 player and aid in the Raiders rebuilding giving them a surplus of picks is a real brilliant idea on your part....

There is no way in hell the raiders can rebuild. Besides, the chiefs are going to draft poorly with those other picks. Joey Porter is young and Joe Thomas would be an outlier in the offensive line's age #. On paper, the draft benefits both teams. But who needs paper? Al Davis doesn't want to rebuild, he wants to win. Every time the raiders try to rebuild, it blows up in their faces. Joey Porter beefs up our recieving corps and Joe Thomas brings youth to the line. Impact is greater for chiefs and can't/won't happen for the raiders.

Iowanian
12-28-2006, 03:17 PM
The Raiders aren't going to do ANYTHING that could potentially help the Chiefs. Its not going to happen, its not an option.

As for "no way in hell the raiders can rebuild"......The Raiders have a damn good defense that is pretty young. Solid young Corners, safeties, LBs and DEs. They've got a decent RB, young QB prospect, talented WRs. They need Offensive line help and better coaching, and some young DTs. They're not that far off as a team.

Trading up that many spots will cost the Chiefs most of this years draft picks and probably next years first.

This is beyond ignorant.

Mecca
12-28-2006, 03:19 PM
If the Raiders drafted Adrian Peterson they'd be essentially a younger version of our team.....

Priest4Prez
12-28-2006, 03:23 PM
The Raiders aren't going to do ANYTHING that could potentially help the Chiefs. Its not going to happen, its not an option.

As for "no way in hell the raiders can rebuild"......The Raiders have a damn good defense that is pretty young. Solid young Corners, safeties, LBs and DEs. They've got a decent RB, young QB prospect, talented WRs. They need Offensive line help and better coaching, and some young DTs. They're not that far off as a team.

Trading up that many spots will cost the Chiefs most of this years draft picks and probably next years first.

This is beyond ignorant.

Maybe so, but why can't they win if they are so good. Hell, the lions are one player away from being great. The chiefs are too. I agree with Mecca on this one. Sometimes two rivals have to join forces to defeat a greater evil. That evil is the Denver Broncos along with the San Diego Chargers. And to answer my own question of "can they do it" I say yes. Think about it. 49ers need to win to get into the playoffs. The other two games I am sure they can go our way. We can win in Arrowhead because Green is pissed about all this spectulation of his poor play. He is going to tear it up the rest of the year.

Iowanian
12-28-2006, 03:25 PM
The Chiefs are NOT 1 player from being great.

neither are the Lions.

Neither are the Donks.

The Raiders problem besides stupidity and character, is Oline.

you think the Chiefs or Raiders are going to "take one for the team" so the other can compete? If you're serious, you'd better have fire retardant skin, because you're going to be fun to watch here.

There is 1 game left.....Green has been medocre at best in every outting this season but 1. He looked bad in the preseason, shaky in game 1, and hasn't been very impressive since his return. I'm a big Green supporter, but he is NOT throwing the ball well, consistently. He's a 1-2 year stopgap answer at this point, at best.

Priest4Prez
12-28-2006, 03:29 PM
The Chiefs are NOT 1 player from being great.

neither are the Lions.

Neither are the Donks.

The Raiders problem besides stupidity and character, is Oline.

There is 1 game left.....Green has been medocre at best in every outting this season but 1. He looked bad in the preseason, shaky in game 1, and hasn't been very impressive since his return. I'm a big Green supporter, but he is NOT throwing the ball well, consistently. He's a 1-2 year stopgap answer at this point, at best.

He had got to be pissed off with all this "Put in Huard" crap flying around. He is coming out of that tunnel on sunday with a vengance.

Iowanian
12-28-2006, 03:30 PM
No.

He's going to be lucky if Jax's D line doesn't remove his spleen through his neck.

Reerun_KC
12-28-2006, 03:34 PM
No.

He's going to be lucky if Jax's D line doesn't remove his spleen through his neck.

How true is that... This could be a blood bath on Sunday. Jax's D is strong and physical. I-65 will probably have all 4 lanes ending at Trents 3 step drop.

They are going to shove the ball down our throat and clown suit us for the final game of the season.... JAX is much better than KC...

Dartgod
12-28-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread is beginning to surpass the "Guess Who Endelt banged" thread on the Hilarity-O-Meter.

Priest4Prez
12-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Let's make a toast

greg63
12-29-2006, 01:09 AM
Let's make a toast

greg63
12-29-2006, 12:43 PM
I just strolled onto this thread and stepped into a big ol' pile of n00b.

WTF is going on here?

ROFL

Priest4Prez
12-29-2006, 04:39 PM
To the Chiefs, may they win their final game and (insert religious beliefs here) comes through and delievers them into the playoffs. I believe with all my heart we could beat any team in the playoffs.