PDA

View Full Version : Damon Huard:ESPN

PinkFloyd
12-26-2006, 06:22 PM
I missed it, but a friend of mine told me that Sean Sailsbury(sp) said that if the Chiefs would have kept Huard as the QB, the Chiefs would have made the playoffs... Said he heard this Sunday after all the games were over...

I'm not sure about that... Both I mean... My friend tends to make shit up, and I also don't know about Huard staying QB instead of Green...

PinkFloyd
12-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Anyone here hear this ??? I didn't...

noa
12-26-2006, 06:24 PM
I didn't either, but I tend to change the channel as soon as Sean Salisbury appears.

Alphaman
12-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Exactly which loss would the Huard have made into a win?

Cleveland? Where Trent threw for 4 TDs?
BMore? Where Trent had no time to throw?
SD? Where Trent had no time to throw?

Those are the games the Chiefs lost with Trent at QB. Which one was Trent's fault?

PinkFloyd
12-26-2006, 06:29 PM

Those are the games the Chiefs lost with Trent at QB. Which one was Trent's fault?

Well, maybe the Browns game... BUT -- the line killed Green in all those games... So -- no line -- no QB plays well...

OnTheWarpath15
12-26-2006, 06:30 PM

Absolutely none of them.

But good luck convincing the Trent bashers.

PinkFloyd
12-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Absolutely none of them.

But good luck convincing the Trent bashers.

I know Trent's not the problem here... You could put Payton Manning or Michael Vick behind this line and we would be right where we're at now...

tk13
12-26-2006, 06:35 PM
We didn't play any better on the road with Huard, at least against good defenses. Huard beat St. Louis and Arizona on the road, two of the worst defenses in the league. Trent beat up on Cleveland. But you put Huard against the good defenses on the road: Denver, Pittsburgh, Miami... and Huard barely completed 50% of his passes and had 0 TD's.

Huard beat one good defense, San Diego, and that was because we forced three turnovers in San Diego territory right off the bat to score 21 points.

ROYC75
12-26-2006, 06:41 PM
We didn't play any better on the road with Huard, at least against good defenses. Huard beat St. Louis and Arizona on the road, two of the worst defenses in the league. Trent beat up on Cleveland. But you put Huard against the good defenses on the road: Denver, Pittsburgh, Miami... and Huard barely completed 50% of his passes and had 0 TD's.

Huard beat one good defense, San Diego, and that was because we forced three turnovers in San Diego territory right off the bat to score 21 points.

Damn right, you nailed this right on. But damn, but anytime we can now cue Mrs. Hootie Huard ..... 3 2 1 .......

OnTheWarpath15
12-26-2006, 06:42 PM

Exactly, TK.

I posted in one of the various other threads about this that I wish we had lost to Arizona, like we probably should have, (thanks Dennis Green, Leinart) none of this would be an issue.

Funny thing about all this:

People want CP gone. He's likely not going anywhere.

People want Herm gone. He's definately not going anywhere

People want Trent benched/gone next season. He'll be the starter.

PinkFloyd
12-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Exactly, TK.

I posted in one of the various other threads about this that I wish we had lost to Arizona, like we probably should have, (thanks Dennis Green, Leinart) none of this would be an issue.

Exactly

StcChief
12-26-2006, 06:51 PM
F Salisbury steak. He's just stiring the anti-Chief pot.

Huard couldn't have given Chiefs a better record.....

He likely would have 4 TDs in Cleveland.

He wouldn't beat the Donxs on TG.....
@SD nfw.
Baltimore nfw.

@oakland we could have lost that one too.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2006, 06:56 PM
No, Huard wouldnt have made a difference.

This team has alot more problems than who lines up behind center.

Bob Dole
12-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Doesn't someone saying it on ESPN mean that it's no longer just speculation?

BIG_DADDY
12-26-2006, 08:01 PM
ESPN stinks.

orange
12-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Exactly, TK.

Well, there IS a new owner, and the new owner may just want to put his own stamp on this organization.

Keep the faith, Chiefs fans.

BigRock
12-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Not that it means he didn't say this, but Sailsbury was one of the few guys who said that Trent should absolutely get his job back.

Ugly Duck
12-26-2006, 09:00 PM
@oakland we could have lost that one too.

Huh? Green handed off the ball 38 times in that game. Barely dinked out 124 yds passing. Huard could have handed the ball to LJ just as good as Green did, I reckon....

Reerun_KC
12-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Huh? Green handed off the ball 38 times in that game. Barely dinked out 124 yds passing. Huard could have handed the ball to LJ just as good as Green did, I reckon....

It dont take an QB with any skills to run Herms offense....

My Grandma could run Herms offense better than Huard or Green.

Eleazar
12-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Salisbury eroded any credibility he had left with me when I heard him name Michael Vick as the NFL's greatest player, or the NFL's ultimate weapon, or somesuch.

Thig Lyfe
12-26-2006, 09:47 PM
I say we sign-and-trade Huard for a Pro Bowl DT.

crazycoffey
12-26-2006, 09:49 PM
why, did sean say that Huard could play DT also???

12-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Well, maybe the Browns game... BUT -- the line killed Green in all those games... So -- no line -- no QB plays well...
You consider the BROWNS game as Trent's fault? ROFL

Please explain as I am dying to hear your how you could possibly come to that conclusion.

orange
12-26-2006, 10:57 PM

Please explain as I am dying to hear your how you could possibly come to that conclusion.
Well, it's like Herm has said since day 1: when you score that fast, you make it hard on your defense. (/sarcasm)

Hootie
12-26-2006, 11:44 PM
=)

MadMax
12-27-2006, 12:01 AM
I say we sign-and-trade Huard for a Pro Bowl DT.

Yes!!! He is worth at least 2 1st rounders and a 2nd....Shit I think Indy would give us Peyton for him...Getter done Carl!!!

Hammock Parties
12-27-2006, 12:11 AM
Huard would have fumbled 4 or 5 times against the Ravens and Chargers....in each game.

MadMax
12-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Huard would have fumbled 4 or 5 times against the Ravens and Chargers....in each game.

and laughed all the way to the pro bowl...:)

Oh Snap
12-27-2006, 02:25 AM

Are you kidding me! Trent throws off his backfoot. Trent has made dumb decisions resulting in INTs. Trent looks like a lil fairy as soon as the slightest pressure is applied on him. He has a weaker arm and a slower release! He has bricks for feet. And stands like a statue when the D-lineman are coming at him. Shit im barely scratching the surface here. Atleast with Huard in we were improveing on the offensive side of the ball. Something we have failed to do since green came back. We were contenders with Huard and became pretenders with green. Hes lost a step. No, You know what. Screw that! That mother F'er fell down the damn stair case!! Why are some ppl defending this D-bags poor play? Poor choice of words. I know, But Green is hurting this team more then hes helping it. It is greens fault that we suck right now! And funny how our offensive line seemed to improve under huard. maybe because huard got rid of the ball faster? And was the overall better player?

Maybe its greens injury. Maybe it was to soon for him to come back. Maybe its something more simple like his age? Whatever it is, he is NOT the same player he was last year and the year before.

KcMizzou
12-27-2006, 03:14 AM
Huard wouldn't have fixed anything. Trent's not playing well, granted.

Fact is... we're just a very average team. We'd be great in the NFC, we're maybe a bit below average in the AFC.

J Diddy
12-27-2006, 05:15 AM
Are you kidding me! Trent throws off his backfoot. Trent has made dumb decisions resulting in INTs. Trent looks like a lil fairy as soon as the slightest pressure is applied on him. He has a weaker arm and a slower release! He has bricks for feet. And stands like a statue when the D-lineman are coming at him. Shit im barely scratching the surface here. Atleast with Huard in we were improveing on the offensive side of the ball. Something we have failed to do since green came back. We were contenders with Huard and became pretenders with green. Hes lost a step. No, You know what. Screw that! That mother F'er fell down the damn stair case!! Why are some ppl defending this D-bags poor play? Poor choice of words. I know, But Green is hurting this team more then hes helping it. It is greens fault that we suck right now! And funny how our offensive line seemed to improve under huard. maybe because huard got rid of the ball faster? And was the overall better player?

Maybe its greens injury. Maybe it was to soon for him to come back. Maybe its something more simple like his age? Whatever it is, he is NOT the same player he was last year and the year before.

It's amazing. Everyone is reverting to the same bullshit they were saying trent's first year here. Fug that.

stfu, bitches

bkkcoh
12-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Fact is... we're just a very average team. We'd be great in the NFC, we're maybe a bit below average in the AFC.

That is what is truly sad, :banghead:

Yeah, it was Trent's fault that he didn't throw 5 td's.........

Saulbadguy
12-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Not so fast my friend!

InChiefsHeaven
12-27-2006, 07:36 AM
I missed it, but a friend of mine told me that Sean Sailsbury(sp) said that if the Chiefs would have kept Huard as the QB, the Chiefs would have made the playoffs... Said he heard this Sunday after all the games were over...

I'm not sure about that... Both I mean... My friend tends to make shit up, and I also don't know about Huard staying QB instead of Green...

Your friend's name wouldn't be Hootie, would it?

morphius
12-27-2006, 07:51 AM
I don't know, does he play like he did in Miami against the other good D's in the league or not?

KC Jones
12-27-2006, 08:11 AM
I really don't get this supposition that we need to replace Green. It's one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time. He's not the weak link on this team and he's a very good QB. Just because Huard didn't make mistakes against the worst defenses in the league doesn't make him the answer - especially to a problem we don't have.

Oh Snap
12-27-2006, 12:59 PM
you ppl need to take off the rosey red colored glasses here. Green isnt the same player he was when he was putting up back to back to back 4000 yard seasons.

And he has hurt this team. Someone pointed to the miami game. As if that game was huards fault. We had lost our best OLineman who happens to play on the left side of the line, which ironically is where most of our sacks came from. Huard had pressure in his face all day. We had Chris FREAKIN bobers in! C'MON!!! Once we lost waters against the rams our OL seemed to fall to pieces. With Huard in, this team is a playoff contender!

TEX
12-27-2006, 01:24 PM

I completely agree and said so at the time. Chemistry is a fragile thing and the Chiefs offense had it with Huard. The outcome of the Miami game was more a matter of them being able to stop the run and the fact that the O-line was banged up (again) which is why the offense looked like the "Green-lead" bunch that we've experienced since his return except for 1 game. If it aint broke, DON'T FIX IT should have been the thinking. Herm flat out blew that decision and IMO he was just looing for the excuse to do it and that one game (Miami) provided it. :shake:

TEX
12-27-2006, 01:25 PM
It's amazing. Everyone is reverting to the same bullshit they were saying trent's first year here. Fug that.

stfu, bitches

Well, for whatever reason he is playing like TrINT - right?

TEX
12-27-2006, 01:27 PM

I think the retarded game plans had allot to do with those losses...

Archie Bunker
12-27-2006, 01:38 PM
you ppl need to take off the rosey red colored glasses here.

The battle cry of the bashers. Never gets old.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2006, 01:40 PM
I think the retarded game plans had allot to do with those losses...

Seriously? Who would of thunk it? I thought Herm and retarded game plans were a package deal?

No doubt we look like the Jets of last year on offense, but I never thought Herm would be the culperate..

Hydrae
12-27-2006, 02:27 PM
I completely agree and said so at the time. Chemistry is a fragile thing and the Chiefs offense had it with Huard. The outcome of the Miami game was more a matter of them being able to stop the run and the fact that the O-line was banged up (again) which is why the offense looked like the "Green-lead" bunch that we've experienced since his return except for 1 game. If it aint broke, DON'T FIX IT should have been the thinking. Herm flat out blew that decision and IMO he was just looing for the excuse to do it and that one game (Miami) provided it. :shake:

Tell that to Denver and Dallas.

This TEAM as a whole has had problems down the stretch and it is not just any one player at any one position that lost it or would have won it for us.

TEX
12-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Tell that to Denver and Dallas.

This TEAM as a whole has had problems down the stretch and it is not just any one player at any one position that lost it or would have won it for us.

True, but this team had problems in the beginning of this season as well and worked through them with Huard at QB. I tend to look at recent past when I make my assumptions.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Trent's 3-3 since coming back. I gotta believe Mr. 11 TD's and 1 int would have given us 4-2. Trent has played terrible since coming back. Thats why most NFL teams use their retarted QB as a backup.

InChiefsHeaven
12-27-2006, 04:45 PM
So, who would Huard have beat? Ravens? San Diego? Cleveland?

suds79
12-27-2006, 04:56 PM
So, who would Huard have beat? Ravens? San Diego? Cleveland?

Well I guess we'll never know. But given the way Trent has played since he's come back, I wish we would of found out.

Look it's over now. It was the wrong decision.

That's twice now this franchise has messed this up.

1 - Grbac over Gannon
2 - Green over Huard

Can we all agree to stick with the hot guy next time? Nobody's position is etched in stone.

InChiefsHeaven
12-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Well I guess we'll never know. But given the way Trent has played since he's come back, I wish we would of found out.

Look it's over now. It was the wrong decision.

That's twice now this franchise has messed this up.

1 - Grbac over Gannon
2 - Green over Huard

Can we all agree to stick with the hot guy next time? Nobody's position is etched in stone.

Dude. If Huard would have lost those games, everyone would be freaking out about why we didn't put our pro-bowl QB back in, and how Herm is a freakin' idiot.

...Those games were lost because the Chiefs suck this year. End of story.

suds79
12-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Dude. If Huard would have lost those games, everyone would be freaking out about why we didn't put our pro-bowl QB back in, and how Herm is a freakin' idiot.

...Those games were lost because the Chiefs suck this year. End of story.

Hey it's not like we're 2-13 right now. The Chiefs are mediocre. We would of had a shot.

All I'm saying is it would of been interesting to see the hot guy stay in there instead of how Trent's played.

And yes we probably would of been yelling at Herm if it had gone the other way. Well boo F-ing who. That's why he gets paid the big bucks. To make the right decision... He didn't.

PinkFloyd
12-27-2006, 06:13 PM

Don't forget I mentioned the line has killed Green this year... From what I've seen, Trent will throw a ball into coverage of 3-on-1... At least Huard would throw the ball in the stands... We don't know what Huard might have done if he kept playing instead of Green...

Huard was hot at the time... If I remember, it was 11 TD's and 1 INT... Who cares if it was against 3-4 of the worst defenses... Football is football --- Any given Sunday anyone can beat anyone...

Maybe I'm thinking of another game, but didn't Trent have 4 INT's against the Browns ??? At least Huard would have thrown it away...

In the end --- it's hard to blame ANYONE --- including Trent... The O line is bad as it's ever been... My friends --- the 90's will be back before you know it...

Wile_E_Coyote
12-27-2006, 06:25 PM
this place has gone to hell in a hand basket

PinkFloyd
12-27-2006, 06:33 PM

I totally agree... No one knows what who might have did instead of the other...

Flat out bottom line --- this team IS NOT PLAYOFF READY !!! And won't be for along time... My hopes will never get up again... We will have a poll again at the beginning of next year wanting to know how many wins we think we will get... I'm not participating !!!!! ROFL

InChiefsHeaven
12-28-2006, 08:28 AM
That's why he gets paid the big bucks. To make the right decision... He didn't.

Well, like you said. We'll never know now.

...excited about the Huskers this weekend?

Bob Dole
12-28-2006, 08:31 AM

Thank Phobia.

CupidStunt
12-28-2006, 08:59 AM

At least he'd have a chance to redeem his mistake by falling on the ball.

Trent can't magic back his INTs when they're hitting the DB's numbers.

KC Jones
12-28-2006, 11:28 AM
I was skeptical, but now it's been proven beyond all reasonable doubt. Damon Huard is the missing piece that will catapult this team into playoff contender. His ability to play relatively mistake free football (as long as you're not counting fumbles) against the worst defenses in the NFL is undeniable proof of his ascension as a Pro Bowl level NFL quarterback. On the other hand it's ridiculous to count the previous four years of Trent Green's pro bowl type numbers and play, because clearly that was all a mirage and his numbers are simply the product of the system he was in. All of the 4th quarter comebacks, multiple TD games, games where the running game was completely stopped and he drove the field repeatedly throwing to our awesome WRs were just accidents. Then when you throw in his leadership qualities, his willingness to stand in the pocket and take a hit while deliverying the ball, his willingness to throw a block in the running game - all of that is complete rubbish. Since he had some less than stellar games after coming back from injury we should just toss him out and go with a nearly as old career journeyman who strung together a couple of games against the worst defenses in the league.

Sheer genious! (sic)

Redrum_69
12-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Huard is trade material

Reerun_KC
12-28-2006, 11:35 AM
I was skeptical, but now it's been proven beyond all reasonable doubt. Damon Huard is the missing piece that will catapult this team into playoff contender. His ability to play relatively mistake free football (as long as you're not counting fumbles) against the worst defenses in the NFL is undeniable proof of his ascension as a Pro Bowl level NFL quarterback. On the other hand it's ridiculous to count the previous four years of Trent Green's pro bowl type numbers and play, because clearly that was all a mirage and his numbers are simply the product of the system he was in. All of the 4th quarter comebacks, multiple TD games, games where the running game was completely stopped and he drove the field repeatedly throwing to our awesome WRs were just accidents. Then when you throw in his leadership qualities, his willingness to stand in the pocket and take a hit while deliverying the ball, his willingness to throw a block in the running game - all of that is complete rubbish. Since he had some less than stellar games after coming back from injury we should just toss him out and go with a nearly as old career journeyman who strung together a couple of games against the worst defenses in the league.

Sheer genious! (sic)

Wow, Very Well Said! Rep to you!

You are 100% correct.

suds79
12-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Well, like you said. We'll never know now.

...excited about the Huskers this weekend?

Maybe a little. It should be intersting.

I'm orginally not from here so I used to hate the huskers.

It's amazing how if you stay in a place long enough, the shift beings to take place.

It goes from:

Hate - dislike - apatheic - slightly a fan - rabid fan.

Right now I'd say I'm in the sliightly a fan stage.

htismaqe
12-28-2006, 12:54 PM
His ability to play relatively mistake free football (as long as you're not counting fumbles)

ROFL

Thig Lyfe
12-28-2006, 01:07 PM
This thread being right above the Zito one makes me think (briefly yet stupidly) that Huard has signed a 7 year $122 million contract.

InChiefsHeaven
12-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Maybe a little. It should be intersting.

I'm orginally not from here so I used to hate the huskers.

It's amazing how if you stay in a place long enough, the shift beings to take place.

It goes from:

Hate - dislike - apatheic - slightly a fan - rabid fan.

Right now I'd say I'm in the sliightly a fan stage.

:clap: Exactly! I went through all those stages myself, having moved here when I was a teenager. I have achieved rabid stage though, and I'm much happier for it. Come on...assimilate!! :)

Rausch
12-28-2006, 02:02 PM
I think there might be some truth to that but not due to Huard being the better QB.

Green stepped back in playing like he did the last three years. He didn't look bad, or off, but WHERE he decided to throw the ball no longer matches this team/offense. He could feel the offense grinding slowly and in the past we'd go downfield and try to make something happen. Take some chances.

Herm's offense is all about ball control, TOP, and not taking chances. Fewer turnovers than the other team. But green is still going for the KO in the passing game, still pressing downfield, still looking for that huge play in the passing game.

Huard didn't do that as much. Due to being kinda' green you know protecting the ball was the first thing drilled in his head. Herm/Solari were more conservative with the play calling. Thus, less turnovers.

I think, just due to the situation, Huard's style of play better fit the offense. He protected the ball first, looked to see if his man was 1-on-1 or wide open, and threw it away or took the sack instead of taking chances. He didn't try to play above his head or make plays.

InChiefsHeaven
12-28-2006, 02:17 PM
So, you're saying that Huard is not necessarily better than Green, but he is better for this system..

...actually, that kinda makes sense.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Huard can go to Tampa and save Gruden's job

Rausch
12-28-2006, 02:29 PM
So, you're saying that Huard is not necessarily better than Green, but he is better for this system..

...actually, that kinda makes sense.

I think Huard makes a better Deberg type, and Green is a better pass-happy QB. Green is much like Favre in that he needs to find his rhythm. We really don't throw enough for him to do that.

I also think Huard would have, and in fact DID, suck in Saunders offense...