PDA

View Full Version : What hurts worse? Last year or this years team?

BigRedChief
12-27-2006, 09:17 AM
The loss at Buffalo last year knocked us out of the playoffs but this year its a double whammy.

If we hold onto a 4th quarter 14 point lead against the back up QB of Cleveland we not only make the playoffs with a win on Sunday we knock the Broncos out of the playoffs.

Even though I think last years team had more talent overall than this years team and should have performed better this years heartbreaker is worse than last years for me personally.

What say you?

MOhillbilly
12-27-2006, 09:19 AM
03' still sucks the most imo.

Archie Bunker
12-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Last years team IMO. That team was more talented and should have made some noise. This years team injuries and age finally caught up to them and 8-8 is about all that could be expected.

Bwana
12-27-2006, 09:25 AM
In this decade, no doubt. Still not as bad as the Pam cooking spray game against the donks. Between the cooking spray, the mystery call on Gonzo for holding and the sub-par play of ten cent head Grbackup, that had to be the worst. The '95 game against the Colts with douche bag Elliot was just about as bad. :shake:

Simplex3
12-27-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm afraid my disease is more advanced than most of you, I have stage 4 "I don't give a f**k anymore". Neither team disappointed me that much because I fully expected them to melt down.

Redrum_69
12-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Why compare the years....we have yet to win a Super Bowl under Carls regime

Why not instead compare the current chiefs GM with previous Chiefs GM's

StcChief
12-27-2006, 09:31 AM
The no D in '03 playoffs.

This year when the D was coming around Cleveland/Miami road games.

Chief Chief
12-27-2006, 09:34 AM
The Cleveland loss still stings and will continue to as long as Herm and his boys refuse to learn their lesson as clearly indicated in the game against the Faders last week when they could have gone for a knock-out punch in the 4th quarter but played it ultra-conservative, killing some of the clock but giving the Faders another chance to get back into the game.

BigRedChief
12-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Why compare the years....we have yet to win a Super Bowl under Carls regime

Why not instead compare the current chiefs GM with previous Chiefs GM's
Dude you can bring it when you don't resort to the cheap mom schtick. :clap:

Reerun_KC
12-27-2006, 09:49 AM
This year and the next 3 years will hurt worse than any of the previous 5 years.

DaKCMan AP
12-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Last year.

We were 13-3, not 8-8 or 9-7. Also, this year I can distract myself with the BCS National Championship game.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Last year.

We were 13-3, not 8-8 or 9-7. Also, this year I can distract myself with the BCS National Championship game.

No disrespect, but Go tOSU!!!!!

siberian khatru
12-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Why is the Buffalo loss so special?

Why isn't blowing a 24-6 lead at home to Philly a crushing blow? That to me is even more inexcusable. THAT'S what knocked us out of the playoffs.

BigRedChief
12-27-2006, 09:59 AM

Why isn't blowing a 24-6 lead at home to Philly a crushing blow? That to me is even more inexcusable. THAT'S what knocked us out of the playoffs.
:banghead: Why did you bring that up?

Chiefnj
12-27-2006, 10:10 AM
This year is worse. Last year at this point there was a glimmer of hope that CP might step down and/or hire a good head coach and the organization would be taking steps in the right direction to rebuild. This year we know we are stuck with CP and Herm for a few more years of mediocrity and underachieving.

InChiefsHeaven
12-27-2006, 10:17 AM
I gotta go with '03. 13-3, homefield...lose to the Colts cuz you can't even force one friggin punt...at home...

...dammit, go 9ers!!

Bowser
12-27-2006, 10:22 AM

Not to mention the gift pick-six Surtain couldn't manage to handle against the Cowboys. Ugh.

morphius
12-27-2006, 10:24 AM
I have reached the comfortably numb stage.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-27-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm holding on to the hope that Herm will cut the dead wood, unlike Vermeil

crazycoffey
12-27-2006, 10:33 AM
I have reached the comfortably numb stage.

I love drugs too, or do you mean the numbness from the disappointments of Chiefdom

either way, I'm there

siberian khatru
12-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Not to mention the gift pick-six Surtain couldn't manage to handle against the Cowboys. Ugh.

There were indeed many missed opportunities that year, each magnified by the fact we missed the playoffs by one game.

I still pick Philly as the most inexcusable loss. I don't care who we're playing at home, if we're up 24-6 late in the first half, we have to win. Period.

And yet, for some reason that loss didn't crush my soul like this year's Cleveland game did. Maybe because it happened earlier in the season. Maybe the Browns game was just the last friggin straw, the final cruel joke that has been building for years. It's like somebody just flicked a switch on my enthusiasm level.

Archie Bunker
12-27-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm holding on to the hope that Herm will cut the dead wood, unlike Vermeil

Herm is the dead wood. [/Reerun]

Wile_E_Coyote
12-27-2006, 10:37 AM
cocksucker[deadwood]

crazycoffey
12-27-2006, 10:38 AM

I was at that game! one of thousands wearing red and gold at the cowboy dome. Fujita blew past LJ's block (or what he tried to say was a pass block, looked more like, "hey buddy, look I found a penny, I'm going to bend down to get it and you can go hit my QB). Tynes missed a FG, D let the flea flicker kill us (first of many it seems) a few other things too, but I thought that would seal it and make up for the mistakes, our big free agent CB we paid a crapola amount of money to. I mean it hit him in the freakin hands.

but you gotta hand it to carl, this isn't enough of a lesson, he then throws some more money at another free agent CB, but don't get me or anyone started on carl or the free agent pick ups.

Rain Man
12-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Whichever one lost more. I can't remember last year.

Hydrae
12-27-2006, 11:03 AM
I agree with those who say that the Cleveland game is the one that killed my enthusiasm. I still watch the games and even get excited about plays during the game. But when we lose, it doesn't sting as bad because I am just not emotionally invested any more.

God I hope this feeling goes away soon though. I love to be excited and proud of my team. It is downright depressing not to care.

BigRedChief
12-27-2006, 11:11 AM
I agree with those who say that the Cleveland game is the one that killed my enthusiasm. I still watch the games and even get excited about plays during the game. But when we lose, it doesn't sting as bad because I am just not emotionally invested any more.

God I hope this feeling goes away soon though. I love to be excited and proud of my team. It is downright depressing not to care.
I saw a highlight somewhere this weekend of Cash throwing that football into the poster of Buddy Ryan after he scored a touchdown in a playoff game. I sure miss my team having that swagger.rochambeau

Reerun_KC
12-27-2006, 11:15 AM
I saw a highlight somewhere this weekend of Cash throwing that football into the poster of Buddy Ryan after he scored a touchdown in a playoff game. I sure miss my team having that swagger.rochambeau

I watched the Pittsburg playoff game yesterday and plan on watching the Houston tonight or tomorrow night.

Ah good times!

ct
12-27-2006, 12:04 PM

Sorry, but '97 and '95 hurt me much worse than '03, at least you saw '03 coming.

milkman
12-27-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm afraid my disease is more advanced than most of you, I have stage 4 "I don't give a f**k anymore". Neither team disappointed me that much because I fully expected them to melt down.

Yep.

Hammock Parties
01-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Last year definitely hurts worse.